View Poll Results: Are the games becoming too easy?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, they're a bloody joke compared to before

10 55.56%
  • Nah, they're just the way they should be

6 33.33%
  • Games are fucking hard, man!

2 11.11%

Thread: The SECOND Official Althanas Gaming Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EXP: 8,389, Level: 3
    Level completed: 85%, EXP required for next level: 611
    Level completed: 85%,
    EXP required for next level: 611
    GP

Name
    Sheex Deltin
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Dark Brown
    Eye Color
    Dark Brown
    Build
    5'9"/160lbs
    Job
    Wanderer

I picked they're becoming too easy, although in truth I'm somewhere in-between.

On the one hand, I recognize the problem that comes with a game that is too hard to beat. Nowadays, you can spend up to (and I suppose over if we throw in tax) sixty dollars a game. I remember topping out at forty or so back in the day (and that was for a DAMN good game). Kind of a pain if you never manage to beat it due to the difficulty, and I'll admit I remember a few like that.

On the other hand, when I do beat a game nowadays, it's a rare occasion that I throw my hands up in the air and scream "BAHAHAHA! I DID IT! I DID IT! QUICK! TO THE CAR! IT'S TIME FOR A CELEBRATOY BURGER! I'M BUYING!"

I kind of miss that. When I beat FFXIII, all I did was shrug. Actually, if I were to tell the truth, I tossed the remote control aside and went, "That's it? Shit, waste of sixty bucks there." Of course, back in the days of nintendo I didn't actually have a car, but the sentiment was still there.

It's a pretty hard line to walk, but fortunately I've quite a few old games I've yet to beat, so I can still feel that wonderful rush of victory.

Come Squall! We've many a magic to draw! Forget the linearity of Thirteen, I've the repition of Eight awaiting me! Hours upon hours shall be wasted clicking the "draw" button against an accursed goblin, but when we finally crush that bitch Ultemica, it's burger time! I'm buying!

The game is arguably more technical than Street Fighter 4 (a debate that can easily be taken to another thread should anyone wish to debate the merits of this thought)
    You must defeat my dragon punch to stand a chance!

Or, not really. I think it's pretty much an accepted fact that Blazblue is far more in-depth. But worry less about that, and more about Jin Kisaragi freezing your ass.

Two months. Two months and I'll have Hazama whipping your ass as well.
    Last edited by Sheex; 05-24-10 at 11:30 PM.
    The meaning of life is simple my friend. Pie. No, not that type of pie.