Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Letho View Post
    The thing is, that approach works in a perfect world. On Althanas, you put something in front of a shitload of people and you get a shitload of opinions and never, and I mean NEVER, a clear consensus. Even with less than a dozen mods discussing a single issue we can't totally agree on something, let alone the entire community. Now imagine what happens when everyone gets their say and try to shape Althanas just the way they like it? Besides, this discussion and changes are borne out of the outcries of the community we heard over the time and we're trying to make some changes. Are we supposed to clear every little thing with the public of Althanas? It seems that no matter what we do nowadays there's always someone (and this is not aimed at you, Scrotus, your question was perfectly valid) calling bullshit and taking his turn to badmouth the staff. I personally don't really care anymore, but it's just getting old to ignore all the crap. (NOTE: Not the official standpoint of the Althanas Staff, someone more tactful will probably come around soon enough to provide one).

Anyways, as far as it goes right now skills will be classified mostly as knowledge of something, but what can be done with it will be defined in abilities. So even if you do like to put whatever adjective you want in front of the skill, you won't be able to cut through seven people and deflect bullets until you have it registered as an ability. You can claim to be a legendary mage at level zero, but your spells will be as strong as those of current level zeros. You can be a master archer at level zero, but your accuracy will still depend on what you register as an ability and not the adjective you use. And before you start slinging shit my way, this is Max's brainchild and it's still not clearly defined, so direct further inquires and the dung his way for a change because he probably has more definitive answers.
    Luckily, this world may not be perfect, but it's more ideal then I thought. Before you decide to pull the rug completely out from under me, I want to say that my statement earlier was clarified and answered last night by Max. Why he won't post what he or somebody with actual authority won't post what he confirmed in the chatroom to diffuse whatever mysterious hostility you think I or others have for this grand idea, I still do not know.

However, for the sake of acknowledging the pink elephant in the middle of the room, I will.

What he confirmed was this; All of these changes you and the boys are in charge of developing have the deadline of Dec. 15th to be turned in. Ideally, this update will start on January 1st. Before that, something will be posted with the complete update to notify the community some time in December prior to the update which will shutdown the site momentarily. But, the point is that regardless, the community will be notified of the changes being made prior to when they are actually being made.

Jesus, what a long road to go for a simple answer. And if people aren't satisfied with this so far, the reason why an update hasn't been posted yet is because the content hasn't been finished yet. Granted, I still think that's a bit much, but if the list of the complete update is supposedly coming anyway, what's the point in arguing over it?
    Last edited by Saxon; 12-01-10 at 08:41 AM.
    HEY! If you are judging or adding experience to a quest of mine, READ THIS!

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    To Trump A Bluff.. (Best Quest of 2007)
    Almost Heroes

"To be evil is easy. It is far easier to destroy the light inside of someone then the darkness all around you." -The Night Watch