Current Ixian Knights/Cult of Blessed Torture Members level 1 and above: I am currently looking to fill 2 spots for a short cameo in this quest. Please PM me if you are interested.

Welcome to the Mid-May Guided Quest! The Guided Quest is put in place for new characters to join an adventure to help kick-start your journey on Althanas! My name is Manda and I'll be your tour guide this month!

What is a Guided Quest and what can I expect?
  • Learn more about the World of Althanas! Every month the Guided Quest will focus on a region or subregion and try to showcase the culture, history, and ecology of that area.
  • Learn more about the Althanas rubric! In these moderator-led quests, we will be focusing and discussing different aspects of the rubric and how you can develop your writing. While the players will be driving the story and action for the most part, there are specific plot points set with the intention to develop skills in certain areas of the rubric (puzzles to explore setting, areas with heavy dialogue, etc).
  • An easy, fun environment in which you can focus on character development and establishing relationships with other players and characters! Every quest has clear beginnings and goals, and is a place where you can take your new character and really get to know them in roleplay without the stress of finding a way to connect them with a story and characters - all the work's been done for you!

Requirements
  • Upon signing up and entering the thread, your character must be level 0 (having less than 2,000 experience). Having participated in or completed another thread is just fine!
  • One character per player, please! While it is common and wonderful for members to have multiple characters that they write in, I ask that each player only submit one character per guided quest. This will allow as many players as possible to be able to participate.

Additional Rules
  • 48 hour posting rotation - When I make a post, that will signify a new round of posts. I will post again in 48 hours. This is to ensure that the story stays moving along and that the group is not waiting days or weeks for all participants to post. If someone misses three consecutive posting rounds, they will be written out of the quest at the beginning of the 4th. They may re-enter by contacting the moderator running the quest. That gives everyone a once a week minimum to post in order to stay active in the quest.
  • By signing up for this quest, you are consenting to having your character bunnied at any time by the moderator running the quest. You may not bunny other players, but unless otherwise specified, feel free to bunny or write in NPCs.
  • You may not request spoils at the end of the thread. Basic adventuring items may be provided at the beginning of your thread, including basic level 0 weapons. If you claim one of these items, you may consider it yours to keep. At the end of the thread, with the moderator's closing posts, the moderator will be listing any requested spoils that the players may have earned. Please note that even then it is up to the judging moderator to decide if the spoils are granted.

We're getting a late start this month, but our May/June quest takes place in Corone. We will be focused in small villages, the countryside, and parts of Concordia. While the storyline entails a dragon kept in a ruinous dungeon, this GQ will help new players get a grasp for power groups and the way they affect your storylines. You'll have the chance to become acquainted with two currently active powergroups, make new allies, and pick up some pretty intense loot.

Recruitment is open, and will remain open for 3 days or until 3 players have signed up. Our Quest begins Monday, May 13th.

Players: