I stood and reported everything to Sei; how I had mistook the young girl for a thief, how I chased her through Radasanth under that continued train of thought, and how when I met Steppenwolf, he had explained that he had set the books up in a particular manner that the young lady would know which books to select. The Ixian Captain nodded after each point I made, like a father patiently waiting for his son to finish a story.

You did well Play Back,” the mute said, “A real shining star among the Ixian Knights. I hope you continue to make such strides in your progress during your stint in the Magus Cup.”

“Yeah, about that?” I scratched the back of my head nervously, “Sei, I mistook a girl given permission to go into your Tombs as a crook, I beat Zerith by some default rule. How the hell do you think I’m going to last long in the Magus? I may be a little decent as an Ixian Knight, but I’m shit when it comes to fighting.”

Sei smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder. “Play Back, your particular power doesn’t come from your hands and strength, but from your mind and heart. Your loyalty to the cause of the Ixian Knights is what will guide you towards victory. I am sure of it.”

I smiled beneath the mask, and Sei must have known because he returned a smile in kind. Satisfied with that answer, I began to walk out of the room. However, I froze when I hear the Mystic’s last ominous words.

By the way, Play Back. There –is- a chance that somewhere down the line, you’ll be facing me in the Magus Cup.”

Well, shit.