Holy...shit...

Humphrey thought to himself. I now understand the full nature of those things. Their influence must be destroyed...I must win! He had only an inkling of the truth behind those gauntlets...they likely had done something to the stranger that augmented his native power greatly. Humphrey's body continued to glow, and he had the reserves of Chi Pool at his disposal if need be. But the Warder was going to be even more cautious as was the nature of the fox kind. Now that I have more knowledge of my enemy...I cannot continue to make careless mistakes...he has an advantage at the moment. But I can fall back on my Warder training. Humphrey shook his head and ceased the chanting that had overcome him briefly. His dark eyes reverted back to their normal hue, and the young hunter knew he needed to make something happen. All of the symbols on his enchanted weaponry glowed with power at that moment, and he had two of his own items on the ground. The dagger was nearby. He walked towards it and collected it.

He picked it up with his injured arm...he was still bleeding from that.

Humphrey quickly sheathed the extra dagger in it's appropriate scabbard, and then soon sheathed the other one. His eyes darted to where the wakizashi sat on the ground...symbol glowing with holy power. That's good my friend. You did your job well, I will collect you again as soon as I am able to. Humphrey shook off the pain as best as he could...there was still a job to be done. The Warder was still well armed but it was then that an idea dawned on him. Humphrey adjusted both hands and extended his claws to their full length. He assumed a loose and aggressive combat stance, and prepared to attack. The kitsune stood in a half crouching position before he darted towards the stranger. I have to take a gamble and maybe catch him off guard. He has to be as tired as I am... Or so Humphrey thought and assumed.

Humphrey darted forward at best speed.

The acrobat quickly covered the ground that sat between himself and the stranger. Humphrey's claws were chitin sharp, but that would suffice against the unarmoured man. As soon as Humphrey was within striking distance, his body still glowing with the light from within, Humphrey did the unthinkable. With his left hand he leaned backwards, muscles bunching up beneath his fur, and suddenly slashed forward. But it was where he slashed that counted the most. He aimed an angry, elegant strike...controlled strike...towards the man's face! At that point he was no longer just attempting to kill the stranger. I'm going to cut you...you will not enjoy this. There was a sudden aggressive expression on Humphrey's face that hand't been there before. It was almost frightening to behold. For the first time in the battle...Humphrey was sincerely angry. Humphrey's attack got closer and closer to the gruff stranger's face. It was an attempt to cut...and begin the process of turning the battle in Humphrey's favour.

Inadvertently, the rush up to the stranger's position brought him closer to his awaiting sword.

Humphrey had to wait and see what the stranger would do in reaction to his attack.

He'd completely committed to it.