Black
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    5'5"/Slender

View Profile

Lights in the Night Sky

Out of Character:
    Closed to SerCasimir. Closely following the events of A Knight's Tale, part the first. WARNING: this thread is rated S for sexy times.

The light of day and rush of combat had faded hours before. My mission was complete; I had the trinket I needed to return to my employer. My wayward group of misfits had slain each and every member of the bandit encampment. We'd delivered its prisoners and would-be slaves to freedom. We'd even found a bit of loot.

In the chaos of battle, the clamor of grateful but confused women and children, and then the bickering over the loot and the severing of bandit heads for bounties, dawn had turned to midday, midday had dimmed to evening, and dusk had settled in its gloomy murk, letting the light of the stars shine through.

I'd let the others go to return the captives to safety. I hadn't taken heads for bounties. Stars, the last thing I need is to start being identified as some sort of hero outside of Pode and her demise. Instead, I'd found myself a small copse a little way off the road. The night was cool and clear, and aside from being covered in dew in the morning. I couldn't see anything inconveniencing me. It was a good chance to let my hair out of its usual tight updo and give my eyes a rest from the green contacts I wore to hide the Star-blessed silver that had been imposed on me in Raiaera not so very long ago.

I could have returned to Scara City to deliver my prize. Part of me thought I should have. But I was still sore from blows taken in battle. All I wanted to do was get out of my tough leather armor, relax in my comfortable night-dark street clothes, open a bottle of wine, and recuperate.

Stars light your footsteps, I thought in absent toast to my companions. And sunlight keep you safe.
    Last edited by The Mongrel; 01-27-16 at 07:07 AM.
    It's not what you're made of that matters, it's what you make of yourself.