Demigod (human)
    Hair Color
    Light Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6 feet / 202 lbs.

View Profile
    I paused outside the church to catch my breath. It looked run down but well made, without windows due to the high-altitude winds. The thatch roof had a steep incline to a high peek, the emblem of the Ethereal Sway standing proud at the top. My heart rate slowed, and I crept forwards, not wanting to be taken by surprise.

It was clear that Geoff was not waiting to attack me. I passed through a small entryway, noting the thickness of the wooden walls.

"No wonder Tinker chose this place... it's built like a fortress."

Through the entryway I found myself in the hall of worship. Pews lined the floor, some rotted, others standing strong. Dust lay in a thick sheet over everything, almost like the sparse snow outside. Dozens of torches blazed in wall brackets and chandeliers, and by their light I could see a trail of foot prints leading to the altar at the head of the room. Two stone gargoyles flanked the elevated platform whose only decoration was a simple podium. As I watched, Geoff straightened up from behind the podium, a thick leather-bound book in his hands and manic glee in his eyes. He saw me and laughed out loud, a crowing sound that echoed against the church's thick walls.

"You cannot stop me, Cronen! I'm untouchable! The Ethereal Sway has won this war."

His Salvic accent got heavier as he switched to his native language, reading long sentences and taking frantic breaths in between.

"I'm gonna’ leave his carcass here to rot with that book." I thought. I took one step forward. Geoff's voice ceased.

The gargoyles came to life. No grinding of stones or slow awakening. The simply sprang forwards, solid stone moving as though made from flesh and blood. Wings spread, fanged mouths open in soundless screams, they came towards me. I took a step backwards.

"I'll cherish your death for some time Cronen," Geoff said. His laugh echoed again as the gargoyles struck.
    Last edited by Breaker; 12-27-07 at 05:19 PM.
    ... They fell to him as prey to bluefin
    for the Jya's warriors knew not how to swim...
    13-3-2

I wrote a book! ~ Most Suave Character 2010