Hair Color
    Pale turquoise, nearing white
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'10"/140lbs
    Job
    Scholar

Rardaag listened intently as Miehm spoke, taking in every detail. Such things were so unfathomable that, even with his higher than average intelligence, Rardaag found it difficult to comprehend. Yet, the way in which this man spoke told the elf that his words were true. Flatten Eluriand with a single explosive?! A loud exhale through closed teeth and loosened lips accompanied yet another shaking of the head in near disbelief.

"I couldn't even begin to imagine such things, Miehm. What you speak of is just entirely incredible." A subconscious nod was given as the other man moved his Knight in what was sure to be only a momentary retreat. Certainly expected, and instantly accepted, Rardaag took only a moment to think of his own move, shifting the Pawn at B2 to B3 slowly, still lost in the wonder of such amazing inventions. "Please, tell me about these powerful explosives?"

A moment's delay was giving in pushing the button by his side, and as Rardaag did so, signalling the commencement of Miehm's next turn, acute awareness was made once more of the piece the foreign fellow had captured. I really SHOULD be concentrating more on this game. Though, his words did not match thoughts as he brought a hand up to his chin once more, resting the elbow upon the table as he cradled his face.

"New York sounds like quite the awful place." He chuckled slightly, thought it did have the impression of being forced at least a little. Even as the elf chuckled, he plastered eyes once again onto the chess board, trying best as possible to keep attention on the matter at hand.
    Commencement of Learning - Solo, Completed. 66/100 - 750EXP
    A Battle of the Mind - Battle, Closed.

"Ok... This is going to take a while... First, everything is composed of very small particles called atoms. These atoms make up scientific elements, separate from your magical elements. Certain of these elements are what we call radioactive, they give off other particles that are harmful to life. When certain of these particles strike a radioactive one at a great enough speed, they shatter explosively, which in turn shatters others, and so on, until a massive amount of energy is released by the explosion. We measure the yield in megatons, or in millions of tons of explosives more powerful than the blackpowder you use." I had set my face slightly differently while I spoke, staring into the distance as I recited the basic concept of a nuclear explosive to my more primitive opponent. While I was speaking I reached out a hand and moved a pawn from H7 to H5, before signaling the end of my turn.

"I wouldn't be able to make one even back in my home city, but i know how they operate. I have the formula's for a few other things that might be useful though. They're simple to memorize."
    I'm not afraid of loving my enemies. Turning the other cheek. Blessing those that would curse me. I honestly want peace with you. But when you come against my country. When you come against my family, You try to destroy my people. I can't just stand by. There's no way that I can stand by. This time, I will not stand by.
    I am coming, and if I come, then pain is coming with me.
    I'm coming, and pain will be with me.

- Game On

GP

Name
    Rardaag Dewwit
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'10"/140lbs
    Job
    Scholar

Eyes widened with wonder as Rardaag continued to listen to Miehm, his strangely knowledgeable opponent. The elf had read theories that everything was made of smaller parts, placed together with pristine order to create the world you could see, but had, like so many scholars, discarded them as a whimsical fantasy. But, hearing this man tell of weapons that utilised these tiny... Atoms, as Miehm called them, made Rardaag wonder if such theories were not so incredible.

"Millions of tonnes of black power!" Wonder heavily tainted the voice of Rardaag as a hand reached behind his ear to scratch at the flesh behind; yet again the exclamation of the young elf brought displeased glances and even a few verbal expressions of discontent from the other players in the hall.

"It is nearly unbelievable that such a thing could exist. Yet, why would one want such power?" A million tonnes of black power could flatten entire cities, leaving nothing behind. That someone would utilise such power in an offensive manner seem to the elf entirely unnecessary, yet he did not express these thoughts for now.

Glancing at the board once more, he spent a moment to ponder on his next move, his mind still more focused on the words of the opponent. He shifted the Mage at square C1 to B2, immediately looking at the opponent once more.

"And what would those things be?"

"More than millions of tonnes of black powder. The yield of one ton of black powder is less than a ton of Chordite or TNT. The first nuclear device was detonated over a city called Hiroshima, to break the spirit of our enemy in a war. We fought for nearly 5 years on two continents to defeat an alliance with the sole intent of ruling the world. The enemy we assaulted with these weapons was implacable. They fought literally to the last man, and when it was apparent they would be overwhelmed, they would kill themselves, or use hand grenades to kill our troops, as well as themselves at the same time."

I moved my knight again, from G5 to E6, putting it in position to threaten his mage if it moved in a manner I didn't like. I new I was trying to control the board with too few pieces, but so far it was working, and so I decided that until I lost a knight, that would be my best form of defense.
    I'm not afraid of loving my enemies. Turning the other cheek. Blessing those that would curse me. I honestly want peace with you. But when you come against my country. When you come against my family, You try to destroy my people. I can't just stand by. There's no way that I can stand by. This time, I will not stand by.
    I am coming, and if I come, then pain is coming with me.
    I'm coming, and pain will be with me.

- Game On

GP

Name
    Rardaag Dewwit
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    Azure
    Build
    5'10"/140lbs
    Job
    Scholar

Rardaag nodded as Miehm explained the reasoning behind using such weapons. In some ways he could understand its usage; after all, magic was a potent weapon that some saw unfit and lacking fairness to be used in war. And whilst holding no strong abilities in magic, Rardaag could understand why its use was necessary. It would seem this particular opponent had been one of formidable tenacity, and such suicidal tactics had been seen before.

"Yes, I see. At times, drastic measures must be taken." For now, however, nothing too drastic would be taken in the battle at hand. Rardaag took yet another nondescript move, shifting his Knight from its starting point at B1 to C3, placing the marble piece in front of the, recently moved, Bishop's Pawn.

"Your world certainly seems very strange, Miehm."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12