Hair Color
    Dark Brown and Gray
    Eye Color
    Piercing Blue
    Build
    5'8"
    Job
    Smith

Honestly, I had no idea what to do; what was meant by his words or why we were attempting to communicate rather than slay this beast was a mystery. Then again, that’s why I wasn’t the leader – I suppose I had become the muscle . . . sort of.

Oswald stepped forward, gesturing with his hands and speaking what I could only imagine was a foreign language. The tulartar scoffed in what seemed like amusement in response.

“What’s he saying?” I asked, turning to Jackal.

“Who?”

“Oswald obviously. You know, the one who made what sounded like words.”

“He said we’re here to protect the girl.” Jackal smirked as he said it.

“To be more precise,” Maybel intruded, “He said we vary but we all mean to protect the girl.

“Vary in what?” I asked, but before Maybel could answer the tulartar began to speak again, and Maybel whispered into my ear in translation as the conversation went on.

<”I've heard that Children of the East are strange in their beliefs, but if you mean to protect the Skalu, then we are of the same cloth.”> The tulartar’s voice sounded gravelly as he eyed Holly, then walked toward me. Maybel stepped away as the tulartar spoke and pointed at me.

“He says you smell funny! Told you it’s the suit!” Jackal said, lurching forward in laughter.

Pell only sighed at Jackal’s reaction. “He actually said you smell of distant shores.”

< “The girl is my charge and the other is with me. We are bound by honor and creed to save her,”> Holly responded, as Maybel resumed translating. Everything seemed so precarious in that moment. I simply stood there, my eyes locked with the tulartar. I could feel him scrutinizing me. I lifted my forearm and rubbed my bracer with my other hand, adjusting it slightly. A few yards behind the beast, the wulven hastened to bind their still-open wounds while Oswald looked upon the tulartar warily.

<“Those faithful to the Skalu and she are being pursued. They fled into the dead forest to the west towards Arfezeria. We three will follow when we can.”>

As the tulartar spoke, one of the two wulven hurried forward. <"Wait! Bring me along with you. My brother, he guides the girl and will not hesitate to fight those of the east."> Its voice was more guttural than gravelly, like that of the massive tulartar, with a touch of wheeziness due to his wound.

Oswald nodded in acceptance at the offer and motioned for Inta to aid him. The woman hesitated for only a moment, mumbling to Pell as she passed him by. “I swear . . . if it bites me . . .” I smiled at hearing it, watching her move off to help the wulven.

As quickly as we had come, the brief exchange had ended and the group returned to the MGP. Erieai, absent of the whole exchange, immediately protested at the prospect of allowing an enemy aboard. “Save the girl, more important than fighting,” was all the wulven had to say in response. I could see her cheeks flush with embarrassment, and she quickly turned away and started the MGP off toward the forest.

“What language was that?” I asked Pell as we returned to our seats.

“Farien. It’s more of the old traditional tongue of the land. It’s not used as often any more except among the beast tribes, but everyone learns it. Except Jackal.”

“What can I say? Let the language die. It’s already more than half way there,” Jackal added, tossing his knife again.

“Artemis!” Erieai yelled. “Here, show the wulven how to use this,” she said as she tossed me a rifle.

“Really? Of all people in this MGP you choose me?”

“Consider it a test. We’ll see how well I taught you; or more precisely, how well you listen. If we get in a fight he may as well be useful. It doesn’t look like he’s in any shape to brawl any time soon.”

“Oh I can’t wait to see this,” Jackal said with another smirk.

“Shut up Jackal,” was all I could add. If I didn’t know any better, I would be convinced my life was a comedy. Admittedly though, the way things were going, this was certainly going to end in tragedy.
    Last edited by SirArtemis; 01-09-16 at 01:35 PM.
    2011 Althy Winner - Most Realistic Character
    2016 Althy Winner - Best Contributor & Player of the Year (tie)

Artemis Eburi Wiki Page
    Current Character Profile

Solo Quests:
    Hidden Beneath The Canopy (75)
    Lost Loot of Lornius (74)