It was the most comfortable sleep she had since leaving the Brotherhood. Her head nestled in what she assumed were goosedown pillows and the heavy blankets wrapped her in a comforting warmth. She was so exhausted that she was already fast asleep when her Master finally retired for the night and joined her. Almost instinctively Amari rolled into the additional warmth of another being in the bedcovers as a gentle arm fell gently over his chest and small murmurs escaped her lips.

Amari awoke to the tickling sensation of his hands creeping toward her thighs she gingerly rubbed her eyes. “Mmm?” It took her a few moments to realise what he was doing. “W-what?” She shifted her leg away from him. The morning sun trickled in through the cracks in his walls and she could barely see his silhouette hovering over her. Surely it was a mistake, and he never meant to touch her in…. such a way. Especially after the confusing events of the day prior. She shook the thoughts and feelings that bubbled up at the end of her consciousness away she didn’t need to linger on events that happened two days ago. “Morning already?” She sat up straight, tugging the blanket to cover her form.

“I trust you slept well?” asked her silver maned captor. Amari nodded.

“Yes…. actually, I don’t remember the last time I slept so well.” She glanced up at him. “So, uh- Thankyou.” Amari shifted, wrapping the blankets around her shoulder like a cocoon. “So, that’s it? I’m just to do menial tasks for you in return for safe lodgings and food?” She sounded sceptical. After everything he put her through, to be reduced to errand girl seemed...like a waste.

“Not quite,” he replied. “I have bigger plans for you. But for today, you will be continuing with your tasks.”

The assassin stood before her in the buff, wearing nothing but the wind on his marred and pale skin. He turned from her to the onyx tub he prepared while she slept. Steam billowed off the water’s surface and the embers he placed beneath it glowed faintly. Lye stepped into the tub and slid into the waters.

“It’s been awhile since a woman has bathed me,” he started with a snap of his fingers. The magelight sconces flashed to life and flickered in their eerie green light. “The last few handmaidens I had… expired.”

Lye relaxed, rolling his shoulders.

“Really?” Amari asked, the sarcasm leaking back into her voice as she wrapped the sheet around her form, pulling to from the bed. “With your attitude? I’m shocked.” Padding over to the bath she glanced around, quickly finding a small bottle of what smelt like shampoo she squirted it into her hands before slowly massaging it into her Master’s scalp. She dipped cupped hands into the water and let it drip over his head. Her fingers worked their way gently through his hair, nails lightly scraping the skin of his scalp. She wasn’t sure how she felt about bathing the man, but it beat trudging around the hovel.

Lye leaned forward as she massaged his scalp. The touch of another felt foreign, but relaxing. Still, the killer remained tense, ever cautious of a hidden blade or foul move. Her hands worked on the tension in his back, between his shoulderblades and down his spine.

Amari moved back up to his shoulders, gently rubbing the lotion against his skin in small circular motions. Amari picked up his arm and began to work the cloth between his fingers. She let it drop to the bottom of the bath, and started using her own hands to work between his fingers, going as far as to pry out the dirt from under his fingernails. “Your nails are filthy..” she muttered.

“Hardly a priority when your life is on the line,” Lye retorted as he watched her work.

Amari clucked her tongue at his words, squirting more of the lotion into her hands. After cleaning both arms, and his absolutely disgusting fingernails - Amari shifted so she could work the lotion into his chest. Delicate fingers running over the concurves of his scarred. Pale, muscles.Her breasts dipped into the water, soaking the thin, white material that had covered them. Water clung tightly to her form. Turning the material transparent making the attempt to cover herself useless. .“One day, I’d like to hear how you got these.” She whispered, blissfully unaware of her faux paux. Her finger trailing over a particularly nasty scar that ran diagonally down his chest. “I’d assume they aren’t all from Aurelianus.” Amari straightened her back. She’d bathed most of him now. With the exception of his legs, and more delicate areas. “That all?” She asked.

“Aurelianus only left a few. He quickly learned the intricacies of his gift at my expense. Hence your flawless reconstruction.” Lye craned his neck side to side, feeling his muscles tight with tension but soothed. “You’re welcome.”

With a deep breath and a hand massaging a particularly tight group of muscles in his neck, he continued. “Care to join, pet?”

Amari stilled at his question. She tried to figure out if it was a command, a request, or a test. With every second that ticked by she knew she was being judged. Amari didn’t get to properly clean herself after yesterday's activities, and her desire to clean herself won out. Still wearing the sheet she carefully stepped into the large, obsidian bath. The hot water quickly heated her skin, turning it a soft pink. Amari adjusted herself so she was facing the man who had quickly ensured he were her Master. Amari felt around the bottom of the tub, finding the cloth. She started to wash her own arms. Glad to be rid of the dirt and grime.