05-19-2018, 11:15 AM
Name: Hayate Amatsukami
Race: Human
Height: 6’1
Hair Color: Jet Black
Eye Color: Blue
Profession: Roaming Sannin
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Personality: Hayate is true to his heritage and presents himself as an upstanding chivalrous man. Being a descendant of the great Amatsukami clan of Akashima a lot is expected of him and he tries his fullest to never disappoint anyone. In a common setting he could be found meditating in the shade or honing his skills with his sword. Though he tries his best to withhold the high moral standards of the Amatsukami he has been known to decide for himself what is right and wrong and act on his own personal beliefs.

Appearance: Hayate is a tall slender man standing about six feet tall easily towing over many others from his village. Normally he is dressed in a five layer Akashiman inspired battle dress composed of silk wrappings over his entire body, under layers thin iron plating, hidden by his white floor length jacket and legs. He wears a helm of bone to partially hide his appearance only showing his face from his eye down.

History: As with many families that have lived and thrived on the island nation of Akashima the Amatsukami clan is one of the most well respected families and thought to be one of the strongest as well. In each generation there is one Amatsukami male chosen at birth to become the next head of the family and to be given the power of their ancestors. Hayate Amatsukami, born under the sign of the bull, was the first male son of the Seventh Clan leader and the next to inherit the Avatar of War from his father before him. Thanks to this Hayate was given a life worthy of a king, being waited on hand and foot for most of his youth.

During his adolescence he, alongside of his father, participated in the Eiskalt war and this is when he learned firsthand the atrocities of war. At the young age of fourteen Hayate killed his first person, forever changing him, and continued until there was no war left to be won. The effects this had on his life were profound as from that day onward he vowed to never raise his blade for anything less than to save himself or those he loves. He vowed to be the person who changes this world and to never do anything that might hurt the world further.

Years passed and on the day of Hayate’s seventeenth birthday he finally inherited the Will of the Amatsukami, the Avatar of War. With the passing of his father energy unlike anything he had ever felt before rushed into him and within his mind he began to hear a strange voice. This voice started off small and insignificant and for a while Hayate tried to ignore it. But soon he came to understand that this voice was his father’s, and his father’s before him. Within Hayate lived the consciousness of all the past Clan Leaders and carriers of the Avatar.

Currently Hayate is the leader of the Amatsukami, even if he feels it’s a drag most of the time, and operates out of his clan’s compound in the southern region of Akashima. He dreams of one day leaving this small nation and expanding his horizons across the world. Like he saw in Eiskalt, many people around the world are in the need of revolution and reform, something he believes he can do.

Skills:

Hand-to-Hand- Hayate is a master in this unique for of combat focusing on piercing blows and swift counters.

Expert Swordsmanship- Hayate is well versed with One-handed bladed weapons of all kinds. He has shown his expertise with his modified katana.

Abilities:

Avatar of War- Once per generation a single member of the Amatsukami bloodline will inherit the personification of his entire clans will and anger. This manifests as a large human like creature that is conjured behind the user, known as an avatar, which acts like a puppet being controlled by the caster. The Avatar of War resembles that of a feudal era samurai complete with a perfectly scaled size katana, giving it the ability to engage targets in combat. Any damage that is done to the caster of the ability is reflected upon the avatar and the reverse is also true, thus this is a double edged ability. While it may give an edge in combat it open up many avenues in which the enemy might use this to their advantage. The avatar may be used as a second fighter summoned by Hayate's side or either as a pseudo-suit of armor that he may exist inside of. (Currently: Avatar stands 9 feet tall and is only able to be conjured within a twenty foot radius of the Caster. Fatal wounds to either the Avatar or the Caster will both kill the caster and end the ability. The ability may be triggered with the activation phrase “Rise up” and once activated manifest near instantly. The Avatar may be active until defeated PvE scenarios and active for four combat posts in PvP scenarios.)

Avatar’s Armor- Hayate’s Avatar has a body as strong as solid iron giving it great durability and allowing it to endure much more that a regular person. (This also allows the Avatar to have a 3x strength boost compared to a regular human)

Avatar’s Weapon- Hayate’s Avatar possesses the ability to conjure many weapons that appear as if from nowhere when called. (Currently: Hayate can only summon a katana much like his own but up to scale to his avatar. His weapons are of the same strength as iron.)

Equipment:

Corpse King (Yamato) - This sword was crafted in the deepest forge within the crust of the earth on the day of Hayate’s birth. It was crafted by both fire and magic to become the sword destined to bring the next head of the Amatsukami clan the power to reign unchallenged for a hundred years. (Currently: This is a seven foot curved katana from tip to hilt. It is of the same quality as Iron weaponry and imbued with power magics yet to be fully unlocked. It is heavily implied that Yamato is the key to Hayate’s power.)

Iron Chain & Hook- Hayate is also well versed with using modified ninja tools for combat and auxiliary movement.

Battle Dress- Hayate resembles a white clad samurai and within the folds of his robes are thin iron plates giving him mild protection from slashing damage.

Philomel
05-19-2018, 12:16 PM
Hey!

Super interesting character you have there. I myself have my most major alt as a tengu / kenku which is based on Japanese myth so we'll see if we can write together there!

Of course welcome to Althanas!

First I'd like to talk a bit about you avatar (your other two abilities sound perfectly reasonable). When Hate goes into the Avatar form does he gain any bonuses in terms of strength/speed/durability, anything like that?

We also may need to limit how much damage he can reflect. For instance, can he reflect all magical attacks, or is it just physical damage? Can he also reflect attack on the mind (telepathic based attack etc). If you could give me a very rough idea of if it is just physical (sword to sword ones etc) or that and magical and then we can discuss more there.

Welcome! And feel free to ask any questions!

Phi.

Hayate_Amatsukami
05-19-2018, 12:22 PM
My assumption was that no general buff would be applied to Hayate himself for summoning the avatar. Rather the avatar itself is as strong as expected for a person made of iron-like material being that size. In terms of defense i also envisioned that the Avatar would act like a twenty foot tall man would for now. Only able to interact and reflect physical attacks as best as his durability would allow. Telepathic/Magic attacks would be as effective as imagined if it were to hit him or his avatar.

Hope that helps

Philomel
05-19-2018, 12:34 PM
Thank you for responding so quickly.

That does help.

Usually here we reflect strength in terms of how powerful they are against the average person. So say Hayate is as strong as the next person he is a x1 character for strength. In his Avatar form is he 3 times as strong as normal Hayate (eh normal person) or 4 or 5?

I understand entirely what you mean. The reason I am asking this is because each ability (strength, speed endurance, durability) will be another effect that goes into the calculations for how strong your character can be.

At the moment you have a few numbers to play with, so what I suggest is pick a few abilities - probably strength and durability make sense here, and anything else you think is appropriate as it is your character - and we can assign a number to them. A multiple of 2 or 3 sounds about right for this 'iron giant'.

Then in later levels you can make him stronger.

Hayate_Amatsukami
05-19-2018, 12:50 PM
Im okay with a three times strength boost for his avatar, im going to add that to the Avatar's Armor portion.

Philomel
05-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Amazing. Okay, I will come up with some numbers and get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Philomel
05-19-2018, 04:01 PM
Hi Hayate

Two quick questions to go:

When the Avatar is summoned, is Hayate himself still able to fight? It is absolutely fine if he is, it is just for detail.

Secondly, would you be okay scaling the avatar down to maybe 8 or 9 feet for now? If we do then you are within the limits. You can easily grow him a few feet over the next few levels?

Apart from that it all fits.

Hayate_Amatsukami
05-19-2018, 05:05 PM
I have changed the avatar to cap at 9 feet for starters. I envisioned Hayate to be able to fight alonge side his avatar as well as retain the option to use the avatar as suit of armor of sorts. Let me know if that is confusing or not.

Philomel
05-19-2018, 05:21 PM
That is absolutely fine. It's just for sorting out some small details. I will get the final numbers done and then post here when I can approve. :) Maybe add some of this detail into description if you can?

As a note I absolutely love your character and am looking forwards to reading your adventures.

Hayate_Amatsukami
05-20-2018, 09:28 AM
I added the description we discussed into my ability.

Philomel
05-20-2018, 11:46 AM
Perfect!! You are approved!

Happy merrymaking to you my good sir!