PDA

View Full Version : Citadel Spoils

Capoeirista
05-21-2018, 08:49 PM
Alina had endured the worst loss (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?684-The-Learning-Twist-Closed) of her young life in a supposed duel to the death against this dastardly man called the Breaker. He had beaten her as easily as one seizes rein from a child, as easily as rising from a sleeping pallet in the morning. She was an expert in hand to hand combat who had grown up in Fallien, the hardiest continent Althanas had to offer. He was a demigod who lived and breathed conflict, who could have killed her as easily as he drew breath. Instead he toyed with her, physically and mentally. He nearly seduced her, but she had held out against that at least. She still had some pride remaining.

In the end, he had gotten what he desired though. He had wanted an alliance with Alina, wanted her friendship all along, and she had given that, if not freely. The price of her cooperation with his plans - whatever those might be - had been a trip to the Bazaar, on his coin.

Alina walked into a large shop like she was striding into a sweat tent, the Breaker following close behind her. The store contained a smithy, a tannery, and a seamstress station, and very conveniently probably contained everything Alina wanted to buy. The young Fallieni woman smiled, her tanned cheeks dimpling, and spoke to the clerk at the sales counter in her best Tradespeak accent.

"Please, I purchase with his gold." She pointed at the tall, broad-shouldered man shadowing her. "Please, make stronger." She grabbed the spear the Breaker had been carrying for her and placed it on the counter, and then unsheathed her belt knife and placed it next to the long-hafted weapon. "Much stronger. Much better. He pay."

Breaker
05-21-2018, 08:51 PM
Josh nodded as Alina placed her weapons on the counter.

"Like she says, I'll be paying for all this." He grinned. "Not sure if you caught all that with the accent. She wants you to upgrade her spear and belt knife to the strongest metal and wood available. For starters. I have a feeling there's going to be more." He shook his head. "Never offer to take a woman shopping, am I right?"

"What you say?" Alina asked sharply, looking back at him.

"I said, 'That's a pretty dress over there'," Breaker replied.

"Ooooh..."

Breaker
05-23-2018, 09:44 AM
OOC Note: This thread still requires a moderator, I'm not processing this transaction I'm paying for it.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
05-23-2018, 10:47 AM
The shopkeeper chuckled at the man's quip, and the lady's sudden reproof. She seemed to carry a weighty Fallien accent - one that stood out like a sore thumb in a place such as this - but one glance over her toned body told the trader all he needed to know about her. She clearly knew how to handle herself, and it was likely that providing good service to these two would pay dividends in future business. Warriors seldom changed from a good supplier of arms once they placed their trust in the wares.

"Well," the man started, stroking his beard as he glanced at the spear and knife on the counter, "if you want weapons of quality, I can help you out here. My recommendation is a Nihon Redwood shaft and Diamond tip for the spear. It'll be light, sturdy and that diamond head will puncture right through a standard breastplate with the right application. As for the dagger, again, I recommend diamond, both for durability and maximum cutting power."

He stopped for a moment, running a thumb down the shaft of the spear and the blade of the dagger.

"For two thousand and fifty gold pieces, you'll get my best work."

Breaker
05-24-2018, 05:09 PM
"Really?" Josh said to Alina. "Diamond?"

"It sparkles like my eyes." She retorted.

Josh had to chuckle. She wasn't wrong.

"Alright," he said, "diamond for the dagger and the spearhead, redwood for the haft. And we'll also take-"

Alina raced about the shop, gathering things up and laying them on the counter. A small pile rose up before she paused and smiled at Cronen.

"-all this, apparently." Breaker finished.

((Alina gathered the following items:
x1 short black sifan dress
x1 pair black drakescale boots
x1 pair fitted black vlince breeches
x1 longsleeve black vlince shirt
x6 delyn throwing spikes w/black silk tassels
x2 black leather leg sheathes w/3 pockets each (for the spikes)
x1 vial of potent hallucinogenic poison (enough to coat 10 small blades, or one small blade 10 times)))

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
06-08-2018, 04:30 AM
After a long, thoughtful pause and a series of ponderous scribblings, the shopkeeper finished his calculations, double underscored the total and flicked the parchment round. Sliding it towards Breaker, the man stroked his beard.

“The short black sifan dress, drakescale boots, vlince breeches and shirt will cost seven hundred and fifty. The Delyn spikes come in at twelve hundred, with fifty on top for the sheathes. As for the poison, you’d be looking at three thousand, three hundred and seventy five. All in all, you’re looking at five thousand, three hundred and seventy five.”

Philomel
10-17-2019, 05:27 AM
Archiving for now. Please PM a member of staff to reopen.