PDA

View Full Version : FQ Brainstorming

Max Dirks
06-18-2018, 02:42 PM
Let's use this thread to brainstorm some FAQ ideas. We can also brainstorm in Discord or Althanas Chat, but make sure someone copy/pastes the convo here so that those of us without access can contribute.

Personally, I'm planning on making this a last hurrah for Dirks, but I don't want him to be killed by a PC. I'm planning on giving him uncurable dementia based on the mind manipulation done to him by Xalstad. He'll initially be looking to do one good deed, so I plan on having him start with some clean up in Serenti.

Breaker
06-18-2018, 02:52 PM
Shinsou and I have discussed a couple ideas, but I'll talk to him before posting them here.

I'm considering the possibility of making the Faith United a Faction, but really only if it gets a decent amount of interest. If you'd be interested in joining a group dedicated to maintaining Thayne worship through the apocalypse, let me know.

I've got a few tentative plans with other people but nothing really world-shaping so far.

Would love to write with ya Dirksy.

FennWenn
06-18-2018, 02:59 PM
i must fite a volcano

Max Dirks
06-18-2018, 03:36 PM
You know, Fenn, we've never really specified the origin of the Tap - simply that it was shattered during the war with the Forgotten Ones. What's to say the origin of the tap isn't the ash interacting with the vail, the obsidian itself, or the comet, which could be firing off meteorites. If you want to prevent the spread of dangerous magic, then you really could go Fenn v. Volcano. And that's probably something the Order of the Golden Dawn would be all about.

http://www.althanas.com/oldworld/showthread.php?29879-Timeline-of-Ancient-History

http://www.althanas.com/oldworld/showthread.php?29093-The-Order-of-the-Golden-Dawn

Briarheart
06-18-2018, 03:40 PM
If anyone needs me to be a villain for any stories, let me know

Max Dirks
06-18-2018, 03:41 PM
4 v 4 Cell style mini-tournament to determine who is the major PC protagonist of the story?!

Breaker
06-18-2018, 03:58 PM
Alright, here's a basic look at the main idea Shinsou and I have discussed. It won't be very fleshed out, but there's plenty of room for participation. Basically what we're doing is giving the calamity a cause, and a villain.

Prologue: Sixteen Aleraran assassins sailchute down over Corone by darkness, the last one killing the airship’s pilot as she goes. They land and perform a simultaneous spell using synchronized watches, causing the Lotho Mountain caldera to erupt, destroying Lornius, creating an earthquake and tsunami, and showering the land in ash, making it all but unliveable for anyone without the breathing apparatus they possess.

The main antagonist is an assassin named Vityr Sha'keth, whose older brothers Kron and Shynt were killed by Cronen years ago. In addition to causing the calamity, the assassins are acting the tip of the spear in an Aleraran invasion of Corone. Vityr has the additional goal of killing Cronen.

Shinsou and I have a main storyline planned which we'll be writing together, but there is room for plenty of associated side quests such as missions associated with some of the fifteen other assassins, or connected threads taking place in Alerar. If anyone is interested in doing a thread related to this I'm happy to help you come up with ideas for assassins, and will provide background information on the organization that trained them.

Until I talk to Shin about the details, that's pretty much all I can say for sure.

Max Dirks
06-18-2018, 04:31 PM
See the FAQ for why I'm against there being a "cause" of the volcano eruption. Everything else sounds sweet. Alerar invasion of Corone. Old vendettas against Josh. All about that.

Breaker
06-18-2018, 04:36 PM
Our original idea for the main crisis (before you announced the calamity) was a spell that taints the Tap on Corone. Maybe we can go back to that.

Philomel
06-18-2018, 04:43 PM
Isn't the tap from the Thaynes?

Breaker, colour me interested. Stare might fit in quite nicely.

I'm also thinking a "Natury based thing". Basically a group of people interested in keeping nature alive going to try to find if there's anything left alive. What I'm thinking is that they actually discover the fertile effects of volcanic soil.

This will be led partly by Philomel, and then when she leaves to head to Fallien to find out how life thrives in a desert, it will be taken over by my characters Celandine (her daughter) and Vaeron (her daughter's father).

Storm Veritas
06-18-2018, 04:47 PM
If anyone needs me to be a villain for any stories, let me know

If you're definitely in to write, Storm will definitely look to capitalize on the oncoming apocalypse until he figures out it's "no-shit-actually-happening" and decides to help. Maddy is perfect with him.

Flamebird
06-18-2018, 05:06 PM
I'd love to join the action!

How's Scara Brae going to be affected? I know the ash cloud is over it, but... what other details?

And poor Eiskalt. Three apocalypses in a row...

Max Dirks
06-18-2018, 05:16 PM
What's going on with Scara Brae is up to you. I'd suspect it'd be okay structurally because it was pretty far from the epicenter of the earthquake, but it would certainly be affected by the ash cloud. Perhaps Scara Brae is a stepping stone of those assassin's invasion of Corone? Perhaps some ancient goddess in Stonevale protects the wildlife there, making it a sanctuary for all living creatures and some poachers try to capitalize. Perhaps the cloud is thin there and nothing changes. Maybe Sir Narripleon chooses a successor, who then overthrows the queen to make Scara Brae a dictatorship. You could do so much!

The Huntsman
06-18-2018, 05:19 PM
Rescue effort group made of characters who can withstand more extreme situations, trying to head into disaster affected regions to see what survivors can be found.

In this regard, Mikhail is going to be heading into either the depths of the ash cloud, or the impact zone, to investigate. If anyone wants to join hit me up.

Survivor groups, trapped in the disaster zones, threads focused around frantic attempts to stay alive while the very world around you seems to want you dead.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
06-18-2018, 06:21 PM
Me and Breaker are sitting down tomorrow and having a gdoc session to flesh out the idea of a taint in the tap, amongst other things. I'd also very much like to involve the Brotherhood and Storm / Philomel in those plans.

Amari
06-18-2018, 06:26 PM
Maddison and Amari time?

Yvonne
06-18-2018, 06:30 PM
My initial ideas were to have Yvonne lead a mass exodus of multi-cultural peoples from affected areas, to attempt to keep the widespread panic under control. She sends town criers into each affected country to encourage anyone looking for a fresh start to join the exodus. Clean water and edible food will be transported to them by her caravan contacts (they have supplies safely kept in storage to capitalize on events like these). She arranges what ships she can to take them across the sea, but the people following her are so numerous many will need to be built in Southern Raiaera. Which, with so many hands and fear of the apocalypse, doesn't take them long.

Ultimately Yvonne racks up an enormous debt looking out for so many people, buying food and water at exorbitant prices, paying for ship captains and caravan logistics. However, her good deeds are an investment in the people which she records in her books. She intends to pay her debts over time with interest.

How is she going to do that, with so many hungry bellies to feed and shelter to provide? Well, she's going to organize the construction of a new city of course, start her own economy and multi-cultural society in Dheathain. There's plenty of unused space over there and the air is free of volcanic ash. She'll need to speak directly with the fae rulers who already govern the region, and I don't expect them to be at all happy with the mass mainland migration she's brought to their land, but she'll talk them around, possibly with help from trusted friends. She's had practice with speaking to kings, right? :rolleyes:

The city will be a haven to all kinds of tribes and monster races. Heavy on populations of Kobolds, Orcs, Ratkin and Trolls, with notable mentions of Ogres and Giants. Humans are few (they're adaptable) and some high elves and dwarves followed her too. Some of the locals also become curious about all the big changes, so some drakari and fae pitch in. Literally everyone who wanted to get out of the end of days instead of facing it comes with.

It's a boiling pot of racial rivalries which Yvonne is quick to quell, and no doubt the city of monsters will be seiged in future on account of it being a city of monsters and outcasts, but she fully intends to found a matriarchal society on the tenets of... I don't know, green living, working together and productivity, trade and acceptance of all peoples.

I would be happy to invite anyone who expects to survive the apocalypse and those who would seek to undermine such grandiose survival efforts.

FennWenn
06-18-2018, 06:42 PM
wants to help Yvvie too

can do both, yesyes?

Yvonne
06-18-2018, 06:51 PM
What about yer epic volcano fite? Haha, totally would love ye along Fenn. Someone needs ta tell them Fae Rulers what for.

Yea, of course ye can. A mass exodus will be slow moving and Fenn is quick. He will hurry!

Flamebird
06-18-2018, 08:21 PM
City of Monsters! :D

*Raises hand* Fewicity wants to help Yvonne once she gets out of her burning hometown and gets to Nevin!

I just realized Felicity has a lot of surrogate older siblings... As in three.

Really, love the idea, Yvonne! I can just see the short, stout business like matriarch slaying it at this massive project! Is Dheathian the best place though? Why not settle on your own island? A new Althanas region!

FennWenn
06-18-2018, 08:52 PM
tbh, do we need more regions? Dheathain is p/ awesome, p/ underutilized, and ties into Yvvie previous threads

Yvonne
06-18-2018, 09:58 PM
Hehe, what Fenn said. I would like to make Dheathain even cooler and have it be a desirable destination. Little things like the kobolds meeting the drakari really sell it for me, and the distance from Alerar is important. Also I'm looking forward to ticking off a few fae rulers and the conflict there will be awesome. Can't explain now, more on this idea soon!

Briarheart
06-19-2018, 06:53 AM
Storm, sounds good! Let's figure something out.

Philomel
06-19-2018, 08:53 AM
Okay anyone need anything? A faun? A kenku?

Flamebird
06-19-2018, 10:22 AM
Hey, I wanna git me sum obsidian!

Enhance it to be less brittle.

Make a sweet long knife!

And get a spearhead necklace. Because.

Ah, okay, Yvonne. Dheathian it is! Ticking off the fae should be fun xD Like, they're like mythological tricksters, so be careful though.

Morus
06-19-2018, 02:49 PM
Stopping a group of pirates who've taken to the chaos, and are using slaves they stole from coastal villages to help them mine the obsidian.

Philomel
06-19-2018, 02:51 PM
I like your thinking Morus. I have a ship.

The Huntsman
06-19-2018, 05:55 PM
I plan on having the Church of Crimson take in refugees as they can. Ornery blood cult protecting refugees! And Nevin goign out to find others.

Yvonne
06-19-2018, 06:43 PM
What's going to happen to Akashima and Vixen's kenku race? ...and Ayaka's potion shop too! Oh no, the ash cloud going to make her even crankier, haha.

What's going to happen to Stonevale? Will these mountain towns survive the ash cloud? What will types like Nosdyn and Tristain do, strong ones when the enemy is the air we breathe? Where will Aynur and Tristain go? What of the Tainted Blade? Will its awareness realize what's happening to its host? What will happen to DOROTHY!? ...and the children! WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!?

Nosdyn
06-19-2018, 06:52 PM
I've got some ideas regarding the tular plains for Nos.

And whoever wants to be involved in that plan too. Tony I wanted to ask you if during the event it will be possible (To temporarily or even perma) take over certain regions icly. My idea is that Nos plans an exodus to go back to the tular plains. The cataclysm adversely affects demon society and everything is in a state of chaos. I intend to have Nos take the whole thing over and declare himself Overlord or whatever. The basic idea I have for this to work is that Zieg has gone missing or perhaps was kia and nobody knew. My general idea is that there is a tribunal that Zieg left behind or some such thing like that and Nos goes in and takes it over during the cataclysm.

If things work out right enough I want Nos to be the new leader of Tular Plains. Figure it would fit with the story arc I have planned for Nos and for demonkind in general. I wanted to run my ideas by you just in case I needed some sort of a permission to start this up during the event. I'm interested in having partners with Nos and Lorenor.

With Lorenor my primary ideas i he goes back to Corone area after the cataclysm is in effect. He survives the initial chaos because him and a cult that was following him hid in the mountains of Scara Brae region. My general idea is Lorenor is trying to hlep as many people out as he can. He's got my more good guy approach to this, and Nos too..but in the light of his race as a demon. Those are my primary ideas so far. Any of you doing survivor stories in Scara Brae/Corone let me know and I shall work with you all.

Aegis
06-19-2018, 07:07 PM
Tristain is going to LITERALLY pick Aynur up and throw her over his shoulder, and march out of town. Done. Nope, not fucking with ash clouds. No thank you. As to where they'll go... that's up in the air.

In honesty though, it's also up in the air if Tristain and Aynur will be traveling together? The Tainted Blade kinda has a hold on her it looks like.

Yvonne
06-19-2018, 07:13 PM
Hell yes. All hail the new Overlord of Haidia! Kneel pitiful minions! Kneel and show some respect! Long live Nosdyn! Long be his reign of terror!

Mayyybe you three should have your stories collide in the future. Aynur, Tristain and Tainted Blade. Oh my!

Philomel
06-19-2018, 10:38 PM
Plans in the making;

The rescue of the kenku race by my main character Stare, her god/master Vitruvion and my other character Vixen, and also possibly some Eteri, Nevin, McKinley... Think that is all I have spoken to.

Nosdyn you want on on this one? It'll be a bit of violence, a bit of the usual Vitruvion being an arsehole and a lot of control games.

Anyone else interested just let me know :) Breaker you're sort of in this storyline/world by knowing McKinley.

Amari
06-20-2018, 08:11 AM
Aynur would still be with Tristain probably. She's friends with both. :)

Lessie: I'm in talks with Maddy about some possible things with her and Amari.

Max Dirks
06-20-2018, 02:12 PM
Pavel you can take temporary or permanent control over a region if you so desire.

Breaker
06-20-2018, 03:26 PM
Alright, Shinsou and I have amended our storyline to avoid stepping on the calamity's toes. Here's our new prologue:

Sixteen Aleraran assassins sailchute down over Corone by darkness, the last one killing the airship’s pilot as she goes. They land and perform a simultaneous spell using synchronized watches, tainting the Eternal Tap on Corone so that anyone who uses it will become afflicted with an illness similar to leprosy. At this point the only way to safely channel magic from the Eternal Tap on Corone is through the filters built into their scabbards. The assassins are just the tip of a spear, which will arrive in the form of a full-scale invasion of Corone.

We will be aiming to have multiple threads in each chapter which stem from this catalyzing event.

So far some of the storylines that have been discussed include:
-Shinsou, Josh, and possibly a third character contending with the assassins and eventually the arriving forces from Alerar
-Ayaka and Josh running a field hospital near what remains of Serenti
-Lilthis and (Phyr or Josh) attempting to reverse engineer the Alerian magic filters

There is plenty of room for more connected storylines, and me and Shin don't have to be involved in all of them. If you have ideas, tag me in discord or PM me. I've talked with a few other people, but so far those listed above are the only storylines that have been discussed in detail.

Since there does seem to be at least a handful of people interested, I'll be posting a Faction Recruitment for the Faith United soon, so heads up for that in the RPC.

Briarheart
06-20-2018, 03:42 PM
Amari and Madison are going to be making a play for all of Xem'Zund's old shit in Raiaera, and will use the cover of the calamity to solidify their bids for Villain of the Year.

Flamebird
06-20-2018, 04:08 PM
I suggested this in discord and I believe someone liked it:

Mission Plotline: A group of adventurers go to the lava flows of what was once Lornius to mine obsidian. Unfortunately, they come across a graveyard amongst the cooled down lava - and worse, a golem forged by lava.
Spoils include: Obsidian specially enhanced to be less brittle; and have a permanent heat damage that applies mild burns upon contact. Suitable for weapons.

Then Yvonne suggested we do something else other than a golem. Like a salamander, mythological shout out, or new race entirely.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
06-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Alright, Shinsou and I have amended our storyline to avoid stepping on the calamity's toes. Here's our new prologue:

Sixteen Aleraran assassins sailchute down over Corone by darkness, the last one killing the airship’s pilot as she goes. They land and perform a simultaneous spell using synchronized watches, tainting the Eternal Tap on Corone so that anyone who uses it will become afflicted with an illness similar to leprosy. At this point the only way to safely channel magic from the Eternal Tap on Corone is through the filters built into their scabbards. The assassins are just the tip of a spear, which will arrive in the form of a full-scale invasion of Corone.

We will be aiming to have multiple threads in each chapter which stem from this catalyzing event.

So far some of the storylines that have been discussed include:
-Shinsou, Josh, and possibly a third character contending with the assassins and eventually the arriving forces from Alerar
-Ayaka and Josh running a field hospital near what remains of Serenti
-Lilthis and (Phyr or Josh) attempting to reverse engineer the Alerian magic filters

There is plenty of room for more connected storylines, and me and Shin don't have to be involved in all of them. If you have ideas, tag me in discord or PM me. I've talked with a few other people, but so far those listed above are the only storylines that have been discussed in detail.

Since there does seem to be at least a handful of people interested, I'll be posting a Faction Recruitment for the Faith United soon, so heads up for that in the RPC.

This.

Also, i'll be looking to do a mission with the Brotherhood, specifically after Storm and Shinsou reunite and possibly involving Hayate.

Morus
06-20-2018, 04:44 PM
Amari and Madison are going to be making a play for all of Xem'Zund's old shit in Raiaera, and will use the cover of the calamity to solidify their bids for Villain of the Year.

I’m going to want to stop the, you know, monstrous conclusion of that and will be looking for help.

Philomel
06-20-2018, 05:03 PM
Breaker and Shinsou

Want a faun?

Zack Blaze
06-21-2018, 12:53 PM
4 v 4 Cell style mini-tournament to determine who is the major PC protagonist of the story?!

Lets do that. Always wanted Zack to be an unintentional hero....

Oh who am I kidding, if I win, Tankita's leading the charge.

Briarheart
06-21-2018, 02:29 PM
I’m going to want to stop the, you know, monstrous conclusion of that and will be looking for help.

I'm going to want some extra muscle to help stop Morus from stopping Madison from saving as many people as she possibly can through necromantic magic :mad:

Philomel
06-21-2018, 04:25 PM
What sort of muscle you looking for?

*Shoves a Vaeron forward*

Flamebird
06-21-2018, 04:34 PM
Felicity will be joining Morus.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
06-21-2018, 05:56 PM
Yeaaaahhhhh.

Just going to quest for the infinity gauntlet.

Hyperion, I don't feel so good :/

Zack Blaze
06-22-2018, 08:10 AM
Andy, would you mind a reunion of the two best fighters on Althy then?

Amari
06-22-2018, 09:19 AM
With the Breaker and Ayaka thread;
-Ayaka has fashioned a antidote to the ash (By mistake she was trying to create a toxin, oops) So anyone experiencing chest pains, ash lung, pain, respiratory problems if they don't mind can make mention of a potion that was made by Ayaka and given out in the hospital in serenti - could make do that they ship it out to other parts of Althanas.

-Amari and Madison are yes- heading to that Area. I personally wouldn't mind Amari taking a section of land from there herself to claim as her own (Possibly with best friend forever Madison)

-I also need to get ahold of Lye to see whats happening with Crimson Hand during that time and will update when I know.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
06-22-2018, 12:00 PM
Andy, would you mind a reunion of the two best fighters on Althy then?

:confused:

Estus
06-22-2018, 12:10 PM
Nevin: Similar to Ayaka, working on dealing with fallout. Using the Crimson Church to disperse aid and medicine, and take in refugees.

Erik: laughing in the ash until he chokes, waking up, repeating.

Hunter: dealing with shit in Alerar it seems. Might be trying to backtrack the assassins, if y'all don't mind including him.

Henry: taking care of orphans. Trying to keep spirits up.

Estus: Being...new.plotting.

Briarheart
06-22-2018, 02:27 PM
Two best fighters?

Dirks and Letho are long gone from the IC writing scene, guys, but Shin is still supreme.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
06-22-2018, 02:46 PM
Two best fighters?

Dirks and Letho are long gone from the IC writing scene, guys, but Shin is still supreme.

Cheers mate!

Briarheart
06-22-2018, 02:49 PM
I see you, editing my posts.

You and your trash-tier choice of starter mons.

Zack Blaze
06-22-2018, 02:57 PM
:confused:

I mean, you yourself are too scared to actually start a thread against me, and Andy has always been the Iori to my Kyo, the Ryu to my Ken, the Kuma to my Paul Phoenix, the Jin Kisaragi to my Ragna the Bloodedge, the Nightmare to my Siegfried, The Kasumi to my Ayane, the Goku to my Vegeta, the Ky to my Sol Badguy, the Batman to my Evil Superman, the Andy Bogard to my Terry Bogard.....

I could go on and on, but I think if I left any important ones out, Andys got me covered.

Also, what -was- your original post, Anders?

Briarheart
06-22-2018, 03:03 PM
--the Kenny Omega to your Austin Creed--

Original post was just "Dirks and Letho are long gone from the IC writing scene."

Storm Veritas
06-22-2018, 03:15 PM
That is my favorite edit of an obvious oversight post ever.

Andy, how do Maddy and Storm convert indifference and selfishness/self preservation into an honest effort to save the world?

Ayaka
06-22-2018, 03:17 PM
By grabbing Amari, and killing everyone to revive them into plant cordyceps people

See looK! They're moving!

So they're alive

Briarheart
06-22-2018, 03:23 PM
Tiff is correct

Xemmy's supernecromancy to preserve the body, cordyceps to "preserve" the mind

Sell this fancy antidote to the apocalypse to the highest bidders

That's the plan

The very plan Cory wants to stop so bad

Because Morus had indigestion nightmares one night

and now suddenly wants to damn everyone so he can play at being a hero and save the world

by chasing after a plant and her smoking redhead best friend

instead of punching a volcano or diverting a comet or fighting a golem

or anything else constructive

*huffs*

Zack Blaze
06-22-2018, 03:25 PM
--the Kenny Omega to your Austin Creed--

Original post was just "Dirks and Letho are long gone from the IC writing scene."

The Cody to your Ibuki, I see.

And just because Letho and Dirks are the best warriors does not make them the best hand-to-hand fighters, just saying.... : P

Amari
06-22-2018, 03:27 PM
Amari is best hand to hand ....

or should I say, hand in hand with Madison

Zack Blaze
06-22-2018, 03:32 PM
And ruin the Bromance Zack and Maddy had?! What trickery is this?!

Briarheart
06-22-2018, 03:37 PM
*Maintains eye contact with Zack as Maddy latches onto Amari's arm and slowly walks away*

Amari
06-22-2018, 03:46 PM
WE'RE WALKING ON SUNSHINE

WAAOOOOOOHH

WAKIN ON SUNSHIIINE

AWAAWOAAOOOOHH

------

on topic:

Aynur is free, but if Tristain is involved in anything, she'd probably folow him

Morus
06-22-2018, 04:17 PM
Oh I’m totally stopping Madison now. With the power of friendship!

Zack Blaze
06-22-2018, 07:52 PM
If I could make those memes where the guy is looking behind him at the other girl....

Hayate_Amatsukami
06-23-2018, 08:15 AM
This.

Also, i'll be looking to do a mission with the Brotherhood, specifically after Storm and Shinsou reunite and possibly involving Hayate.

Yes. I approve.

Max Dirks
06-23-2018, 10:11 AM
Okay, everyone start thinking about factions (if you haven't already). I plan to open faction registration this weekend.

Ceidon
06-23-2018, 10:14 AM
Heyo, I'm recruiting for the Order of the Golden Dawn. I plan to have them research whether Obsidian is the source of all magic on Althanas (i.e. it is the Tap) or if it is some type of conduit. And save some people and shit.

FennWenn
06-23-2018, 11:03 AM
what are the factions for again

is it required that i have one

Max Dirks
06-24-2018, 10:34 AM
Factions aren't required. I just thought it'd be cool to open up all canonical groups to people. That way we could have real active characters as leaders of famous groups. I also wanted to offer PGs the opportunity to be memorialized.

FennWenn
06-24-2018, 10:43 AM
oh, good! <3

so, my current plan is for Fenn to help Yvvie out with evacuations, then eventually be his impulsive self by getting fed up with the volcano belching ruin everywhere and decide to gather people up to go fight it. Might get some npc fae from Dheathain / Icepeak Court to contribute. Any PC friends interested~?

Amari
06-26-2018, 05:17 AM
About to set up a group with Madison,
We will be helping with soem good ol research from our buddy Xem.

Ebivoulya
07-02-2018, 04:51 AM
I think I'll fuck up Alerar, in the following ways:

Ebi will be smuggling Raiaeran terrorists into Ettermire, who will be coordinating with a group to the north to flood the city. They will seal off the breadth of the southern port with a magical wall, while the other group summons rain to increase the river level. Along with this, they will seal the gates, and sabotage the supplies needed to repair them.

Such a small group will probably only hold out for a week or two, before outside forces manage to break open the gates, but with spoiled food, and industrial chemicals tainting the water, there should still be plenty of opportunity for misery. If anyone wants to use this event themselves, feel free. I'm also not against coordinating.

I do have a question about the rounds, though:

Are there going to be official end dates, or will they just stay open until threads stop trickling in?

Max Dirks
07-02-2018, 10:24 AM
I think the end dates for the later rounds will be more clearly defined, as I'll be able to gauge exactly where the stories are headed. I expect a bit more open ended round 1 though to kick things off. I also want to make sure that I give everyone the opportunity to bounce in and out as their schedules allow, which may delay the FQ a bit.

Max Dirks
07-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Everyone, I'm digging the progress of this thread, but now its time to narrow it down.

I want there to be approximately 10 threads (or storylines, if you're planning on doing multiple threads as part of an arc) for Chapter 1. As indicated in the rule thread, I want a pretty rich variety of threads to start things off, including battles, open threads and closed threads. It seems like most of us have an idea of what we're going to do, but now (mostly to make things easier for me), I'd like for you all to definitively indicate what your characters will be doing to start off the FQ. In doing so, I'd like everyone to complete an a mission style synopsis for your threads. If you're writing with others, then only the person acting as the GM needs to post. Please include the following information:

Title of Mission
Brief Synopsis of Mission
GM, if any
Number of Players
Open or Closed
Quality Expectation: 1-3

Once we've all put things done, I'll see about combining missions and narrowing down the focus of the FQ to specific storylines.

Briarheart
07-02-2018, 06:14 PM
Title of Mission: Unfinished Business
Brief Synopsis: Madison, always one to take the most direct path, has dragged Amari and Hunter with her to the heart of the wastelands of Raiaera, where she once tried to strike up an alliance with one of Xem'Zund's old Dread Lords. The trio must be prepared for anything that might stop them from acquiring the Living Archives he has in his possession, as the plaguesinger and the necromancer parted on less than friendly terms years ago.
GM: Briarheart
Number of Players: 3
Closed
Quality Expectation: 2/3

Breaker
07-02-2018, 06:31 PM

Philomel
07-03-2018, 12:47 AM
Going to ask if anyone is up for anything? I've not got really a faction of anything planned yet.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-03-2018, 02:53 AM
Title of Mission: Burning Flag

Brief Synopsis of Mission:

Having re-united their forces after the events of Pride and Glory, Shinsou and Storm return to Whitevale to re-assert their joint leadership of the Brotherhood and resume their commands. When Althanas is plunged into crisis, the ineffective imperial government in Corone cannot cope and most major branches of government collapse. Seeing this as their best opportunity to put the Brotherhood in government, Shinsou and Storm prepare a large force to march from Whitevale to Radasanth to stage a coup in the interests of the Coronian people, bringing with them soldiers, aid and money to assist the population and keep the Brotherhood in the people's good graces as they seize power for themselves.

Number of Players: 2
Closed
Quality Expectation: 3

Storm Veritas
07-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Going to ask if anyone is up for anything? I've not got really a faction of anything planned yet.

You're more than welcome to jump on the Brotherhood, which is definitely a masculine sounding, gender-agnostic group. I'm in one thread now and want to do more.

Andy we also need to plan something; perhaps a three person party?

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 09:39 AM
So, I'm not liking that the only submissions so far are closed. That's not really going to work.

For Unfinished Business, how does your proposed story (as well as your faction), tie into the overall disaster arc?

For All Nightmare Long and Tap Tinkerer, I have to be honest, I don't like the idea of 16 NPC assassins without names, goals, or a registered faction (and specifically tied to your writing and story arc), affecting essentially all of Corone in Round 1 with no lead up. You realize that everyone who posts in a Corone based thread will have to address the Tap problems? Please revise this with more details.

Hearing Without Listening seems like an ideal open thread because it would tie well into people just generically treating volcanic effects and Josh could still chase his assassin.

There is no need for Datura Midnight and Hearing Without Listening to be separate threads.

With Burning Flag, there is no reason to make that a closed thread. Others can render aid without being a part of the Brotherhood plans.

Points, counter points? Lets flesh this out. Frankly, this is the type of specificity I expect in the final round. And none of this is inclusive.

Storm Veritas
07-03-2018, 09:50 AM
I expect high quality threads to be closed to avoid having people drop in with Zap-Bang-Boom-Asplosions. Chris and I have talked about how to logically string the multi-story arc of our characters into the FQ with something that makes sense and is consistent with character histories and motivations, which unless writers read threads like "Cleansing Corruption" (and let's be honest, no fucking chance people read that much), they are much more likely than not to serve as a wrench in the gears.

I'll be happy to write (even propose and construct) a more casual thread that is open, where there hasn't been forethought into the fully-fleshed arc of the story and multiple people offering their unique perspectives adds value.

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 09:56 AM
I'm glad you've done that, but frankly, something as world shaking as a POWER GROUP POTENTIALLY URSURPING THE GOVT OF CORONE should be open to defense, counter and generalized challenge that will not be available if I permit it in a closed thread where the outcome is clearly on your shoulders. I like the idea of the beginning chapters being more open ended with goals clearly laid on the table so that they can be challenged. What if I want Max Dirks to become the leader of Corone's government, shouldn't I have a right to challenge your claim? Perhaps you should lay out your entire end goal on the table here, so we can see if anyone wants to challenge it. If it goes unchallenged, I'll let you have your closed buddy cop thread. If not, we'll look into either open threads, battles, etc. Sound fair? I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-03-2018, 10:07 AM
To clarify, I am more than happy to post up some more open threads and host some more diverse events for people to join, especially involving or revolving around the Brotherhood, but I want Burning Flag kept as closed for the reasons Storm mentions above. If you consider the FQ threads as a tree, Burning Flag forms part of the “trunk” that will allow the other branches to follow. This means following on from a chain of lore and plot that extends back into Althanas 3.1 and will lay flagstones for the Brotherhood going forwards. If you are ok with that, I can go ahead and post up some more open threads?

EDIT: Christ, post ninja’d.

We laid our goals down in Burning Flag synopsis, but to clarify further:

Our goal is to take over Corone. Which means kicking out the Imperials.

If this needs to be open for challenge, I invite anyone to post here and say they challenge it. We can then participate in some lateral thinking and collaboration to weave a story together about what happens next.

Is that fair Dirks?

Amari
07-03-2018, 10:09 AM
Hearing without listening will be pushed to a NON FQ as it focuses on fine tuning a cure for 'Ashen lung' - serving a relief to Serenti and getting ready to push the antidote nation wide. It also delves into the two characters emotions/their reasons for whats going on and what is driving them forward in these pressing times.

INSTEAD we are going to go with this.

Title of Mission: Cure for a Crisis

After fine Tuning the antidote and dealing with the events in 'Hearing without Listening' Ayaka realizes she cannot go back home to Kugoshima. Instead, she chooses to push her antidote for Ashen lung. Using the Faith United and others who choose to help her she will attempt to further the creation that she has made to aid in the relief of the aftermath. Pending on the thread outcome Ayaka may chooses to become more selfish, and start putting a price on the much needed antidote/relief.

As the ash falls ingredients become harder to acquire and the potion will become harder to create, produce and give out.

Number of Players: Max 6
Open slots
Ayaka
-
-
-
-
-
Quality Expectation: 2-3

EDITED

Nosdyn
07-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Hey Tony just a head's up mang.

I plan on all of my threads to be open to all. Most of mine are going to be Survivor themed projects. After some deep thought, I'm canning the Nosdyn Exodus to the Tular Plains project as it doesn't really fit with the survivor theme I have in mind. However, I will be using all three of my guys a lot and working with others as much as possible. But yes, Tony I'm looking forward to the FQ and seeing what you got in mind.

By the by guys, FYI's yall ash can burn to 1,000 Degrees+ in IRL. Just letting yall know.

Amari
07-03-2018, 10:19 AM
I'm pretty sure most have looked into the effects of the ash :P

Since this is closing soon I'm going to start pushing my other plans that I had

Title of Mission: Chasing a shooting star

Eteri has always been one to dream big, get distracted, and just go with the flow. So what happens when an easily distracted catgirl who just so happens to hold the soul shard of a forgotten one (pode) decides to follow 'the big bright thing in the sky?' Well, lets find out.

Mission will be Eteri getting distracted by the comet. Drawn by the brightness of it and the strange power that resonates within her Eteri goes on a mission to find out WHAT that thing is, and WHERE it will land. This will start in Corone and based on people joining/interacting with Eteri will proceed across the continent - perhaps toward other lands.

The main goal of the mission is to inevitably be near the comet crash landing site.

Number of Players: No limit
Open
Quality Expectation: 1

Nevin
07-03-2018, 10:37 AM
From what I know: Unfinished Business is focusing entirely away from Corone and Alerar, where a lot of the attention of threads seems to be at the moment. It's focused over in the wasted of Raeria (I can NEVER spell that right) and is about the group trying to figure out a way for people to survive the apocalypse that is upon them. It's a bit gruesome, in that the survival might not necessarily mean they're the same people they were before, but they would survive and be able to rebuild.

Nevin is definitely going to want to take part in things going down in Radasanth - it is his home after all - but helping Eteri out is going to take priority. So looks like he'll join that one.

Estus
07-03-2018, 10:47 AM
Title of Thread: Gathering of Shadows

Brief Synopsis:
Disaster is a prime time for people to take advantage of situations they never had available before, or for new players to make themselves known. One such new player seeking to take advantage, is Estus. The streets will run red with blood and ash - and he is going to make sure the right people (or the wrong) know he was involved. Either join in the growing shadow of his House - or try to oppose it.

(Murders and assassinations and thievery. If you're Crooked, drop on by. If you aren't, fite me bro)

Number of Players: 4
Open
Expected Quality: 1

Briarheart
07-03-2018, 10:49 AM
For Unfinished Business, how does your proposed story (as well as your faction), tie into the overall disaster arc?

As stated in the Faction Registration for Contagion, "Madison and Amari seek to provide a long-term survival solution to those who wish to ride out the storm by researching Xem'Zund's necromantic magic and combining it with Madison's hyper-evolved strain of cordyceps." While everyone else is out there trynna' topple governments or punch a volcano or whatever, someone has to go about trying to figure out how to make sure people survive to rebuild. Madison just has a twisted definition of "saving" people. Preserve the body through supernecromancy, preserve the mind with cordyceps.

And as for the thread itself, in order to learn and understand Xem'Zund's magic and figure out how to utilize it in the way she needs to, she needs to hunt down his Living Archives, which contain all the information she needs to get started. And with time of the essence, considering a giant cloud of volcanic ash is beginning to wreak havoc across the world and all, she needs to get a move on.

My idea's not that complicated, and it ties in with what else is going on around the world during the timeline of the FQ.

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 11:12 AM
So, I'm going to repost this from the rules,
To elaborate a bit, open missions will be missions where anyone can join at any point. Closed missions will be missions that cannot accept new writers as they progress. ALL THREADS WILL BE OPEN UNDER THE CLASSIC DEFINITION OF THE TERM. This means if you want to participate, and indicate so prior to it starting, then you're in. The one exception to this is if all spaces are taken. It will be first come first served, but please only take up a roster space if you intend to see the thread through. This means that all threads are open. Additional spots cannot be reserved. Only the GM has a reserved spot. Are we clear? Open and closed only refers to threads that people can join at any time after they're up, or threads in which the people in them are in throughout the course. Does this make sense?

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Crystal.

Burning Flag and all other associated Brotherhood threads are not “closed”. We are open for business. Jump in, cause a ruckus, come at us, come with us. Whatever the fuck you want. Just bring it.

We’re just glad we can be here to help shape the future of Althanas.

Amari
07-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Makes sense, can see where the confusion was as the open close thing was common knowledge that
Open - anyone could join
closed - no one can join.

Proposed changes are still as is with the thread with Ayaka (x amount of slots available), and the thread with Eteri

Waiting to hear back from Andy to see if he wanted to continue our story plan. If not then I got backup for Amari

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 11:27 AM
As another reminder, the actual canon submission system (http://www.althanas.com/world/faq.php?faq=chapter1#faq_creatingcanon) will be live during the FQ. This will allow any of you to have your private RP canonized. The only difference is that you'll be subject to the Severity, Scope, and Permanence test instead of having your work instantly made canon. FennWenn and I will be actively rating your submissions. (http://www.althanas.com/world/forms.php?do=form&fid=2). I literally meant it when I said everything is up for grabs, but the FQ itself will be fully inclusive.

Yvonne
07-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Every thread I GM here will be a chapter in a large story arc, from which you may come and go as you please.

Title: Reckless Abandon
Synopsis: Heroes hastily evacuate Scara Brae and Corone to help thousands of panic-stricken people flee the super volcano eruption. Yvonne convinces her caravan contacts to pool all of their resources, bringing aid from far and wide to soothe the fears of the people. Superstitious thinking ripples through the refugees to explain the calamity and who they should turn to from here.

Arriving in Southern Raiaera the island refugees discover the mainland populace leaving in droves. Refugees following Yvonne more than double and tension becomes thick as races from all walks come together. High elves disapprove of the mass migration through their land. As the ash cloud looms in the distance the course changes from north to east. Elven anger turns to hostility as their trees are cut down. Ships are assembled on the beach and walls are hastily constructed to buy time for another escape.
GM: Yvonne
No. of Players: Infinity
Open
Quality: 2

Title: Escape To World’s Edge
Synopsis: The multicultural refugees sail to Northern Dheathain and make a landing at the continent’s central delta. Tired of fleeing the people settle in and work together to found a new city, on the shoreline. Heroes protect them from encroaching swamp monsters until fortifications are in place. Yvonne and her council receive envoys from the natives, discussing their mixed views. An audience with the Fae Rulers is arranged to settle a dispute over the ‘invasion’.
Open

Flamebird
07-03-2018, 11:38 AM
Title of Mission: Black Glass
Brief Synopsis of Mission: A group of adventurers go to the lava flows of what was once Lornius to mine obsidian. Unfortunately, they come across a graveyard amongst the cooled down lava - and worse, a mutated salamander twisted by the lava attacks the party.
GM, if any: N/A
Number of Players: 2-5
Open or Closed: Open

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 11:39 AM
If Hearing Without Listening is converted into a non-FQ thread, then Cure for a Crisis is not approved because it assumes Mari has already made and monopolized the cure. Chasing a Shooting Star and Gathering of Shadows are fine, but let's wait to see a few more missions to marginally relate them all to one another.

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Reckless Abandon should be combined with Seige at Seashore, and is approved as is. Black Glass will be approved as a boss battle. I'd like to see another "economy" like story mission tied into it. Perhaps Gathering of Shadows?

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Breaker, let's narrow All Nightmare Long to a single storyline. You can add a few more players. You can submit the leading stories as part of the FQ submission system. Shinsou, having the Brotherhood vie for control of Corone is fine. Does anyone want to challenge them?

Amari
07-03-2018, 11:55 AM
understandable, I'll look at amending it tomorrow once I Have slept!

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 12:02 PM
To be fair, I'm all about the monopolization of a cure. At its core though, we need to allow others an opportunity to also search for, establish, or monitize a cure. It can still be a closed thread, but, for example, if Firebird wants to give it away for free, you should examine that dynamic. Perhaps make this a competitive thread, etc.

Amari
07-03-2018, 12:04 PM
For sure, I definately would like Ayaka to monopolize it; even have all the ingredients and procedure written down and how it went from being easy to make, to being hard to make due to the constant falling ash messing up ingedients.
Even to a 'alternative' being made which ended up being a poison instead. ahaha.

I'll ammend a few things, then submit in a moment before I got to sleep then

Ayaka
07-03-2018, 12:07 PM

Ayaka is on the verge of finding a cure for Ash Lung. In this thread she will attempt to finalize that cure, test it and then pending who else joins the thread will help push the antidote to the rest of Althanas. However as time goes on it is found tha the ingredients are harder to come by due to the pollution of the ash. Alternatives may be attempted which may have negative repurcissions. Pending on who joins, Ayaka may end up wanting to monopolize the cure to show that she isn't some second rate person/is worth something more than 'nothing' She along with the help of others - will attempt to further the creation that she has made to aid in the relief of the aftermath. Pending on the thread outcome Ayaka may chooses to become more selfish, and start putting a price on the much needed antidote/relief.

As the ash falls ingredients become harder to acquire and the potion will become harder to create, produce and give out.

Number of Players: Max 4
GM: Amari/aka me ayaka
Open slots
Ayaka
-
-
-
-
-
Quality Expectation: 2

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 12:13 PM
That's workable. If you're opening it to 6 people though, I'd advise a 1-2 rating on the thread.

Amari
07-03-2018, 12:15 PM
I can lower the people in the thread to 3-4

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 12:22 PM
So right now, we're looking at the following storylines:

1) Alerar, or some sect within Alerar, is invading Corone with the intent to poison magic. (BREAKER)
2) A player faction, the Brotherhood, is attempting to overthrow the Assembly in Corone. (SHINSOU)
3) A group of do-gooders is helping people and trying to survive the apocalyspe. (YVONNE)
4) Some opportunists are trying to mine Obsidian and run into some trouble. (FLAMEBIRD)
5) A group of free thinkers are investigating the comet over Salvar (AMARI)
6) Scientists are rushing to cure Ashen Lung, a pulmonary side effect of volcanic ash. Some might want to monopolize it. (AMARI)

Early storylines include:

1) Some shady characters looking to cause trouble.

What else do people have? Submit submit submit.

Breaker
07-03-2018, 12:24 PM
As discussed, my entire storyline has been removed. If I choose to participate I'll just cherry pick the most interesting missions proposed by others, since I have more regular access to the internet than most people. Seems like a fair, non-exploitable system.

FennWenn
07-03-2018, 12:25 PM
Title of Mission: Make War Not Lava
(Revoked until we reach a later chapter!)

Amari
07-03-2018, 12:26 PM
Keep in mind that the ash lung is Ayaka

And chasing the comet is Eteri

Both are alts. I submitted ash lung under Ayaka just to be sure

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 12:35 PM
It's fine. Are you sure you're up for GMing two questlines?

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 12:35 PM
So, I see what's happening, especially with Yvonne and FennWenn. Let's roll back and only focus on Chapter 1 missions for now.

FennWenn
07-03-2018, 12:42 PM
alright! revokin Make War Not Lava to a later chapter then~

Amari
07-03-2018, 12:47 PM
Yup one of them is a free from rank 1 sort of deal and the other is cut back to a 2 so should be good

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 02:26 PM
So, after thinking about it for awhile, it seems that when I clarified the rules for open and closed threads, it sent a lot storylines to the trash heap. That was never my intent, and now I think I have a solution. To allow players to contribute in traditionally closed threads (for character development, etc)., I proposing adding the concept of Side Quests to the FQ. That means there will be Main Quests, which are all OPEN, and Side Quests that can be OPEN OR CLOSED based on your preference. Main Quests will be governed by my initial rules wherein open and closed simply refers to whether players can jump in and out at will or are locked in. These quests are intended to be collaborate, but challengable. Side quests, on the other hand, can capture individual storylines that are interelated to the bigger FQ storyline. The difference between the two types, aside from teh ability to do a traditional closed thread, will be that side quests will not be guarenteed canon. They will be automatically submitted to the canon request system and evaluated for scope, severity and permanence. Provided two people aren't doing directly conflicting side quests, it is my goal to approve every side quest as canon. In addition, these quests will be judged normally. This means they will not automatically receive full judgments. You can request basic rewards, a workshop or full commentary if they are collaborate. Competitive threads, like side battles, will be given full judgments.

Does this seem like a good addition?

Breaker
07-03-2018, 02:37 PM
So, after thinking about it for awhile, it seems that when I clarified the rules for open and closed threads, it sent a lot storylines to the trash heap. That was never my intent, and now I think I have a solution. To allow players to contribute in traditionally closed threads (for character development, etc)., I proposing adding the concept of Side Quests to the FQ. That means there will be Main Quests, which are all OPEN, and Side Quests that can be OPEN OR CLOSED based on your preference. Main Quests will be governed by my initial rules wherein open and closed simply refers to whether players can jump in and out at will or are locked in. These quests are intended to be collaborate, but challengable. Side quests, on the other hand, can capture individual storylines that are interelated to the bigger FQ storyline. The difference between the two types, aside from teh ability to do a traditional closed thread, will be that side quests will not be guarenteed canon. They will be automatically submitted to the canon request system and evaluated for scope, severity and permanence. Provided two people aren't doing directly conflicting side quests, it is my goal to approve every side quest as canon. In addition, these quests will be judged normally. This means they will not automatically receive full judgments. You can request basic rewards, a workshop or full commentary if they are collaborate. Competitive threads, like side battles, will be given full judgments.

I could see this working with the main thrust of my storyline as a main quest and the others as sides. I have a meeting so I'll be unavailable for a bit, will drum something up this evening after I've talked to people.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-03-2018, 03:01 PM

A sensible and measured solution.

Philomel
07-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Sounds pretty good to me.

I will be putting up a thread soon for kenku shinanigans.

Breaker
07-03-2018, 04:22 PM
Alright, I've arranged my storyline into two options for a "main quest" and three proposed "side quests." Hopefully we can make something fit. I can provide any necessary background on the assassins, the faction of the Alerian government that funded them, the Tap plague, or anything else that requires further detail.

MAIN QUEST (option A)
Title of Mission: Kill the Breaker
Brief Synopsis of Mission: Sixteen Aleraran assassins are in an airship bound for Corone. They will sailchute down over strategic locations by darkness, the last one killing the airship’s pilot as she goes. Upon landing they will attempt to perform a simultaneous spell using synchronized watches, tainting the Eternal Tap on Corone so that anyone who uses it will become afflicted with an illness similar to leprosy. At this point the only way to safely channel magic from the Eternal Tap on Corone would be through the filters built into their scabbards. Four of these assassins, led by the single-minded Vityr Sha'keth, will converge on Joshua Cronen in an attempt to kill him. Work with the Alerarans in an attempt to bring down a demigod, or lend your assistance to Breaker as he strives to fight back in a weakened state.
Number of Players: 4 Maximum
GM: Breaker
Closed

MAIN QUEST (option B)
Title of Mission: All Nightmare Long
Brief Synopsis of Mission: Sixteen Aleraran assassins are in an airship bound for Corone. They will sailchute down over strategic locations by darkness, the last one killing the airship’s pilot as she goes. Upon landing they will attempt to perform a simultaneous spell using synchronized watches, tainting the Eternal Tap on Corone so that anyone who uses it will become afflicted with an illness similar to leprosy. At this point the only way to safely channel magic from the Eternal Tap on Corone would be through the filters built into their scabbards. After the spell the assassins fade into the night, each with their own mission designed to dismantle Corone's defenses and infrastructure in advance of a full-scale invasion. Work with the Alerarans in their attempt to topple a nation, or join Breaker in fighting and plotting against them.
Closed

SIDE QUEST
Title of Mission: The Tap Tinker
Brief Synopsis of Mission: Breaker and Am'aleh, both suffering from the taint on the tap, track down Lilthis and enlist her help in fixing the problem. At first they are stumped, but after Breaker manages to procure one of the filters used by the assassins, things start to move in their favor. They are harried by the effects of the taint as well as an attack by an assassin, and realize they will not be allowed to simply work in peace.
Number of Players: 2 (Breaker and Lilthis)
Closed

SIDE QUEST
Title of Mission: Hearing Without Listening
Brief Synopsis of Mission: While hunting down a group of bandits Breaker runs into Ayaka, who has created a cure for "ashen lung", a common illness on Corone attributed to the volcanic ash in the air. They work together with the Faith United to mass produce the remedy while running a field hospital near what remains of Serenti. However, Josh is there for another reason; to track down one of the Aleraran assassins who was reported in the area.
Number of Players: 2 (Breaker and Ayaka)
Closed

SIDE QUEST
Title of Mission: Datura Midnight
Brief Synopsis of Mission: Felicity was assigned to a botanist team replicating the Ashen Lung cure. However, her age and inexperience causes the head alchemist, Tacita Shiver, to bar her from doing anything. At midnight, a gang attacks the lab in attempts to steal the cure and profit off it themselves. While the rest of the team takes their completed vials to a wagon to get away, Felicity stays behind to fight the attackers. It is here that she must make one of the most difficult choices in her life - shall she dare take life?
Number of Players: 2 (Breaker and Flamebird)
Closed

Max Dirks
07-03-2018, 04:30 PM
I would assume, because all of your side quests are dependent upon events in your main quest, that the side quests would happen in later chapters and be subject to change should the main quest change?

Philomel
07-03-2018, 05:30 PM
Either option A or B sounds good. Colour me interested.

Sulla
07-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Title of Mission: The Hedgehog's Dilemma

Brief Synopsis of Mission: Thanks to a handy treasure map (awarded during the 2015 AC) and the explosion of Lorinus' volcano range, Sulla has found the prime location where obsidian meets ocean, and the easiest place to gather it. While still dangerous, the area is the best bet for treasure seekers to fill their pockets with the valuable material. However a group of Scara Brae pirates, armed and with slaves stolen from coastal cities in toe, have similar coordinates they're going to. Will the adventurers choose to line their pockets? Will they choose to save the helpless? Will they do both? And why is Sulla so generous with the payout, and have foreknowledge of this pirate captain?

Note: The map (check profile (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?1403-Direct-Transfer-Business-or-Pleasure&p=14083&viewfull=1#post14083)) allows me a 500% increase in GP earned, which could be used for the value of the obsidian in spoils to either sell or keep (making it a more realistic reward). I'm willing to split it (unsure if it's for group or just for me) entirely even.

GM: Sulla

Number of Players: 1-5

Breaker
07-03-2018, 09:30 PM
I would assume, because all of your side quests are dependent upon events in your main quest, that the side quests would happen in later chapters and be subject to change should the main quest change?

Based on our conversation on skype, it seems like that isn't the real issue here. Would you be more comfortable if I remove the tainting of the tap entirely and just focus on the invasion?

edit: Based on the other missions that have been proposed, and the limitations placed on mine, I've decided to pull my storyline after all. It seems like there are plenty of good threads coming forward that I can participate in.

Philomel
07-04-2018, 12:28 AM
Sulla: I would say the best to advise on the treasure map details would be the Dirks man himself.

Anyway here goes:

Name of Mission: Family Worth Having

Brief Synopsis of Mission: This is a three-part story of Philomel (my main account), Vaeron and Celandine (best friend and their daughter), first seeing the ash falling and going on their separate journeys. It will have Philomel's account as the main writing account but separate out when they separate. It's starting in the Gilded Lily Fortress.
Philomel will travel to go meet the Brotherhood/Faith United lot.
Vaeron will head off to go seek his family in Raiaera, to see if there is any safe havens there.
Celandine will probably wander off to watch the comet.

Basically this is open to anyone who is interested, who wants to maybe have a way for an introduction to the volcano FQ as well.

GM: Philomel
No of players: 4 or 5
Open or Closed: open for now
Quality Expectation: 2, probably.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-04-2018, 08:09 AM
Name of Mission: Panorama of the Endtimes

Whilst Shinsou and Storm march a massive army up to Radasanth to stage a coup, it is up to the Radasanthian Resistance and the Coronian Rangers to attempt to stop the Brotherhood from succeeding. After all, who wants them providing the island with a half decent government, healthcare incentives, real aid and a whole heap of character development? Right?

Unless you want Shinsou and Storm setting your economic and social policies for the forseeable, you'd better get your heads together to bring it.

GM: Shinsou
No of players: Any. Bring it.
Quality Expectation: I don't care.

Amari
07-04-2018, 09:54 AM
I would but I can't exactly go up against the two strongest players on Althy XD

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-04-2018, 10:24 AM

I'm like a level above you. Plus, it's collaborative storytelling, not PvP.

Philomel
07-04-2018, 11:23 AM
Mate. Phi is going to have issue with this.

I will be jumping in if possible.

Phi is all for overthrowing corruption but the Corone government are pretty okay as far as she's concerned. If they touch one of her ladies there will be hell to pay.

Amari
07-04-2018, 11:45 AM
Is this..... Is this the One time tit faun and looser emo may work together?

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Mate. Phi is going to have issue with this.

I will be jumping in if possible.

Phi is all for overthrowing corruption but the Corone government are pretty okay as far as she's concerned. If they touch one of her ladies there will be hell to pay.

The Brotherhood are openly allied with the Gilded Lily and in all major stories involving both factions have gone out of their way to protect Philomel and her ladies. Sooo......

Daughters Of The Dragon
07-04-2018, 05:25 PM

Due to this comment, and the fact it's a good "What a twist!" moment, Sei will take you both on.

Philomel
07-04-2018, 05:47 PM
Well we'll see how it turns out my dear Shin

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-04-2018, 05:56 PM
Due to this comment, and the fact it's a good "What a twist!" moment, Sei will take you both on.

Nah. I don't fight scrubs. ;)

Daughters Of The Dragon
07-04-2018, 11:34 PM
So when the Scrub beats you and you're bestie to a bloody pulp and you have to come back to this thread with your tail between your legs, that would make you....

Anybody? What's less than a scrub?

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-05-2018, 07:46 AM
So when the Scrub beats you and you're bestie to a bloody pulp and you have to come back to this thread with your tail between your legs, that would make you....

I'm still 6-0 in the Citadel. Anytime you want to become the 7, please let me know. ;)

Zack Blaze
07-05-2018, 08:14 AM
Pretty sure I've challenged you and you accepted, yet are still too scared to make the thread against Zack. :D

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-05-2018, 08:22 AM
Pretty sure I've challenged you and you accepted, yet are still too scared to make the thread against Zack. :D

You can open the thread anytime you like pal. Nothing stopping you is there?

Breaker
07-05-2018, 08:29 AM

A mystic?

Stare
07-05-2018, 08:56 AM
Name of Mission: Crows before Bros
(Or something better)

Side Quest.

Brief Synopsis:
This is a mission to find kenkus. Stare and her employer, Vitruvion, who also happens to be the son of the god who made the kenkus, set out to try to seek the well-being of this race, who still follows the guardian spirits, aka the Kami. Along with Nosdyn and McKinley they head to Akashima as the volcano's disaster sets in, with the aim of trying to discover them. Who knows what will be the result.

GM: stare
No of players: currently 2 with Nosdyn and McKinley, but if anyone else wants in let me know.
Open or closed: closed, but see above
Quality expectation: uncertain.

If I need to make a dude quest to go with this, I can.

Zack Blaze
07-05-2018, 11:24 AM

I actually knew someone was going to reply with that. Congratulations on being predictable.

4 kids, a hamster, a wife, and a job, actually. Besides, isn't the rule 'Ladies first'?

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-05-2018, 11:48 AM
I actually knew someone was going to reply with that. Congratulations on being predictable.

4 kids, a hamster, a wife, and a job, actually. Besides, isn't the rule 'Ladies first'?

It'll be my pleasure then.

Max Dirks
07-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Sulla, your thread is basically the type of wider arc I was hoping for with Flamebirds boss battle. Consider it a go. I'm thinking your development quests would work better as side quests, Phi. You can have whoever you want in them with you. Shin, I think you basically just changed the name of the storyline I already greenlit. Is this correct? Obviously Stare' side quest is a go. And, Shin v. Sei (since the IK basically became defacto Rangers) is a yes yes yes. In fact, if you want to throw Dissinger, Breaker and STorm in there and make it the most ridiculously explosive LCC/Cell matchup ever, I'm down with that too. The result of that fight can determine the overall outcome of the invasion, which will then be written out in the favor of the winner.

Amari
07-05-2018, 01:01 PM
I have Esther available, but she's not doing anything with the FQ atm.

Lets do something with the obsidian wave?

Smelter
07-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Mission Title: Into the Black
GM: Mikhail
Brief Synopsis:
As others seek to profit from the obsidian wave, the question of just how much damage has been done to the landscape arises. Concerned for possible survivors trapped by lava or obsidian, Mikhail mounts an expedition into the depths of the wave.
Warning: You're probably going to need inhuman durability to survive here, we're plunging into the heart of the ash cloud and the obsidian wave. All are welcome to join just keep that in mind!
Slots: 4

Amari
07-05-2018, 01:22 PM
..... Oooo oooo I could create a race that was born from the volcano!?

Philomel
07-05-2018, 01:40 PM
I am happy Phi being a side quest.

Currently working on ideas for my less used characters to deal with the volcano and comet. I'll post soon.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-05-2018, 01:48 PM
Sulla, your thread is basically the type of wider arc I was hoping for with Flamebirds boss battle. Consider it a go. I'm thinking your development quests would work better as side quests, Phi. You can have whoever you want in them with you. Shin, I think you basically just changed the name of the storyline I already greenlit. Is this correct? Obviously Stare' side quest is a go. And, Shin v. Sei (since the IK basically became defacto Rangers) is a yes yes yes. In fact, if you want to throw Dissinger, Breaker and STorm in there and make it the most ridiculously explosive LCC/Cell matchup ever, I'm down with that too. The result of that fight can determine the overall outcome of the invasion, which will then be written out in the favor of the winner.

You have my attention.

Max Dirks
07-05-2018, 02:00 PM
I believe Sulla is doing something with the wave. We can combine his idea with Into The Black.

Dissinger
07-05-2018, 05:06 PM

Do tell...

Zack Blaze
07-05-2018, 05:09 PM
I mean, a Seth-Sei alliance would destroy almost anything it came into contact with, ICly at least.

Max Dirks
07-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Okay. Let’s wrap this up in the sense that we get the main quests down. I think what we have is sufficient, but if anyone else wants to add anything, now is the time. Side quests can be added throughout, so don’t worry about that.

Philomel
07-06-2018, 01:18 AM
I'll post up a main idea today Dirks.

Professor Charles
07-06-2018, 02:40 AM
From Phi - using my new alt.

Name of Mission: An Attempt to Intercede in the Matters of Volcanic Eruption

Type: Main

Brief description: Professor Charles was there at the time of the original Great Calamity that let the Thayne grow as a might over the Ancient / Old Gods. He knows what disaster it brought and is going to make a bid to stop it. Obviously that means hijacking an airship and flying to the volcano.

GM: Professor Charles

No of players: 4

Open or closed: Open

Note: Anyone is welcome to join. It will start with an opening post from me of Charles stealing the airship but from there anything could happen... And he has no actual plan of how to stop it.

Breaker
07-06-2018, 04:13 AM

The Eternal Tap and the Thayne are about 75% of Breaker's backstory, and the source of his greatest powers. I can't participate in an epic battle if I'm not permitted to write about them. And you've told me I'm not permitted to write about them.

Nevin
07-06-2018, 08:50 AM
Hmm. In light of Mari trying to make her new race of elementals, I can adjust the Into the Black mission to be investigating rumors of strange figures in the ash and over the obsidian. Separated it further from just the loot grab of Sulla's - not that there's anything wrong with his.

Amari
07-06-2018, 09:04 AM
I'll hae the wiki page up on them when Fenn wakes!

Max Dirks
07-06-2018, 09:57 AM
The Eternal Tap and the Thayne are about 75% of Breaker's backstory, and the source of his greatest powers. I can't participate in an epic battle if I'm not permitted to write about them. And you've told me I'm not permitted to write about them.I never said you couldn't do your story. Should I remove it then?

Breaker
07-07-2018, 10:44 PM
I never said you couldn't do your story. Should I remove it then?

That's not what I said... you said. But I'd rather not play this game. Since you've cleared me to write about the Tap and people are still interested, I'm happy to keep either version of the mission I proposed in. But, since it's probably more inclusive, I'll go with this one.

MAIN QUEST (option B)
Brief Synopsis of Mission: Sixteen Aleraran assassins are in an airship bound for Corone. They will sailchute down over strategic locations by darkness, the last one killing the airship’s pilot as she goes. Upon landing they will attempt to perform a simultaneous spell using synchronized watches, tainting the Eternal Tap on Corone so that anyone who uses it will become afflicted with an illness similar to leprosy. At this point the only way to safely channel magic from the Eternal Tap on Corone would be through the filters built into their scabbards. After the spell the assassins fade into the night, each with their own mission designed to dismantle Corone's defenses and infrastructure in advance of a full-scale invasion. Work with the Alerarans in their attempt to topple a nation, or join Breaker in fighting and plotting against them.
Closed

Let me know if I need to add more detail or anything. I'd be willing to open it to more people I just think it will be hard enough to maintain QE3 standards with four. The side quests can wait, although I still think that's silly.

Flamebird
07-07-2018, 10:53 PM
I'd like to join All Nightmare Long.

Lilthis
07-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Lilly would be most motivated to study and defend the arcane. So if there ends up being room she’d likely find a spot to defend the single most arcane thing in Althanas (at least in some capacity).

Ebivoulya
07-08-2018, 10:46 AM
Mission Title: Deeper Than Iron

Mission Type: Side-Quest

Attendance: Closed Solo

Description: Ebi will be smuggling the last of a group of Raiaeran terrorists into Ettermire, who will be coordinating with a group to the north to flood the city. They will seal off the breadth of the southern port with a short magical wall, while the other group summons rain to increase the river level. Along with this, they will seal the gates, and sabotage the supplies needed to repair them. Once the cloud of ash rolls in, Ebi will be trapped in the city with everyone else.

It's been long enough since I posted the concept, so I'm going to go ahead with the solo I've planned out. I just want to make sure this is fine as a side-quest; the damage will be relatively minimal. The city will be sealed for less than two weeks, and the direct casualties won't exceed twenty percent. At most, Ettermire will need a few months to rebuild the ruined sections.

Storm Veritas
07-08-2018, 03:07 PM
You have my attention.

+1

Max Dirks
07-09-2018, 12:29 PM
So, here's what we're looking at for MQs:

------------------------------------------------

Closed

Dirks note: Nothing to add here, just note the quality expectation.

------------------------------------------------------

Name of Mission: Panorama of the Endtimes

Whilst Shinsou and Storm march a massive army up to Radasanth to stage a coup, it is up to the Radasanthian Resistance and the Coronian Rangers to attempt to stop the Brotherhood from succeeding. After all, who wants them providing the island with a half decent government, healthcare incentives, real aid and a whole heap of character development? Right?

Unless you want Shinsou and Storm setting your economic and social policies for the forseeable, you'd better get your heads together to bring it.

GM: Shinsou
No of players: Any. Bring it.
Quality Expectation: I don't care.

Dirks Note: I'm inclined to make this a Cell style team up battle to predetermine the outcome of Shinsou's invasion. I'd think the quality level would be 3. At this point, I'm digging the idea of a ridiculous character fight off, but I think we should first see if anyone else wants to jump into the ring.

-----------------------------------------

Title: Reckless Abandon
Synopsis: Heroes hastily evacuate Scara Brae and Corone to help thousands of panic-stricken people flee the super volcano eruption. Yvonne convinces her caravan contacts to pool all of their resources, bringing aid from far and wide to soothe the fears of the people. Superstitious thinking ripples through the refugees to explain the calamity and who they should turn to from here.

Arriving in Southern Raiaera the island refugees discover the mainland populace leaving in droves. Refugees following Yvonne more than double and tension becomes thick as races from all walks come together. High elves disapprove of the mass migration through their land. As the ash cloud looms in the distance the course changes from north to east. Elven anger turns to hostility as their trees are cut down. Ships are assembled on the beach and walls are hastily constructed to buy time for another escape.
Open

Dirks note: Looks solid. If you don't mind, Yvonne, I'd like to combine all the do gooder storylines into a single thread.

----------------------------------

Title of Mission: Black Glass
Brief Synopsis of Mission: A group of adventurers go to the lava flows of what was once Lornius to mine obsidian. Unfortunately, they come across a graveyard amongst the cooled down lava - and worse, a mutated salamander twisted by the lava attacks the party.
GM, if any: N/A
Number of Players: 2-5

Dirks note: I'm going to amp the quality to 2 here. Traditional boss battle rules will apply. To "win" or defeat the salamander, the team must exceed a 65 score.

------------------------------------

Title of Mission: Chasing a shooting star

Eteri has always been one to dream big, get distracted, and just go with the flow. So what happens when an easily distracted catgirl who just so happens to hold the soul shard of a forgotten one (pode) decides to follow 'the big bright thing in the sky?' Well, lets find out.

Mission will be Eteri getting distracted by the comet. Drawn by the brightness of it and the strange power that resonates within her Eteri goes on a mission to find out WHAT that thing is, and WHERE it will land. This will start in Corone and based on people joining/interacting with Eteri will proceed across the continent - perhaps toward other lands.

The main goal of the mission is to inevitably be near the comet crash landing site.

Number of Players: No limit
Open

Dirks note: Just the low key, fast paced thread I was looking for. Here's the deal though, if that comet falls, it'll have to be in a higher quality thread.

--------------------------------------------

Title of Thread: Gathering of Shadows

Brief Synopsis:
Disaster is a prime time for people to take advantage of situations they never had available before, or for new players to make themselves known. One such new player seeking to take advantage, is Estus. The streets will run red with blood and ash - and he is going to make sure the right people (or the wrong) know he was involved. Either join in the growing shadow of his House - or try to oppose it.

(Murders and assassinations and thievery. If you're Crooked, drop on by. If you aren't, fite me bro)

Number of Players: 4
Open

Title of Mission: The Hedgehog's Dilemma

Brief Synopsis of Mission: Thanks to a handy treasure map (awarded during the 2015 AC) and the explosion of Lorinus' volcano range, Sulla has found the prime location where obsidian meets ocean, and the easiest place to gather it. While still dangerous, the area is the best bet for treasure seekers to fill their pockets with the valuable material. However a group of Scara Brae pirates, armed and with slaves stolen from coastal cities in toe, have similar coordinates they're going to. Will the adventurers choose to line their pockets? Will they choose to save the helpless? Will they do both? And why is Sulla so generous with the payout, and have foreknowledge of this pirate captain?

Note: The map (check profile) allows me a 500% increase in GP earned, which could be used for the value of the obsidian in spoils to either sell or keep (making it a more realistic reward). I'm willing to split it (unsure if it's for group or just for me) entirely even.

GM: Sulla

Number of Players: 1-5

Mission Title: Into the Black
GM: Mikhail
Brief Synopsis:
As others seek to profit from the obsidian wave, the question of just how much damage has been done to the landscape arises. Concerned for possible survivors trapped by lava or obsidian, Mikhail mounts an expedition into the depths of the wave.
Warning: You're probably going to need inhuman durability to survive here, we're plunging into the heart of the ash cloud and the obsidian wave. All are welcome to join just keep that in mind!
Slots: 4

Dirks note: I'm thinking of breaking this into two threads. One for the rescue of Lornians, and one for the plunder. Would Sulla and Mikhail be willing to GM their own threads?

-------------------------------------------

That brings us to a total of 7 threads. Right where I wanted to be w/ main storylines. I'll also add a generic bar thread to allow for the quick spread of information (to avoid metagaming) and to serve as another jump in jump out thread.

Everything not mentioned here, I assume will be a side quest. Did I miss anything? Let me know if I skipped your bit and I'll go back and review.

Philomel
07-09-2018, 12:59 PM
From Phi - using my new alt.

Brief description: Professor Charles was there at the time of the original Great Calamity that let the Thayne grow as a might over the Ancient / Old Gods. He knows what disaster it brought and is going to make a bid to stop it. Obviously that means hijacking an airship and flying to the volcano. Imagination and integrity will be key here, scholars and warriors wanted.

GM: Professor Charles

Note: Anyone is welcome to join. It will start with an opening post from me of Charles stealing the airship but from there anything could happen... And he has no actual plan of how to stop it.

For attention of Dirks. Main? You might have missed it as it was amongst other stuff.

The Huntsman
07-09-2018, 01:03 PM
I'm up for gming my own thread sure - Mikhail. Going to be exploration focused, probably not too many survivors to encounter I think, unless we run into something bizarre and unexpected.

Amari
07-09-2018, 02:35 PM
What about the Ayaka cure thread thay wa previously given the OK? Will that be considered for later?

Max Dirks
07-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Philomel, sounds like Charles could be involved with Mikhails thread, no?

Sorry Amari, thought that was a side quest.

Max Dirks
07-09-2018, 03:02 PM

After fine Tuning the antidote and dealing with the events in 'Hearing without Listening' Ayaka realizes she cannot go back home to Kugoshima. Instead, she chooses to push her antidote for Ashen lung. Using the Faith United and others who choose to help her she will attempt to further the creation that she has made to aid in the relief of the aftermath. Pending on the thread outcome Ayaka may chooses to become more selfish, and start putting a price on the much needed antidote/relief.

Number of Players: Max 6
Open slots
Ayaka
-
-
-
-
-
Quality Expectation: 2-3

-------------------------------

Firebird, is this the thread you were interested in joining, or do you still wish to proceed in a side quest?

Amari
07-09-2018, 03:11 PM
All good. There was a bit of confusion as it was changed around a fair bit to suit the Fq. Thanks for adding it and clarifying. Appreciate it

Philomel
07-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Charles is looking for a way to stop the volcano, and is going directly to it at its source, Mikhail was going to the Obsidian ash field. So they'll be heading in different places. It was not going to be exploration focused, purely based on trying to stop the calamity. I can add in more details if that is not clear.

If you're still no convinced, then that's fine. I will focus on other stuff.

Rehash:

Brief description: Professor Charles was there at the time of the original Great Calamity that let the Thayne grow as a might over the Ancient / Old Gods. He knows what disaster it brought and is going to make a bid to stop it. Obviously that means hijacking an airship and flying straight to the heart of the volcano. An interceding with gods may occur, this will be a focus on trying to stop the worse damage at its core. Imagination and integrity will be key here, scholars and warriors wanted.

GM: Charles

Max Dirks
07-09-2018, 03:14 PM
Uh, the wave is at the source. You'll be going to the same place.

Flamebird
07-09-2018, 03:16 PM
Dirks, I'm primarily planning on joining Breaker's thread, but I'd love to join both if possible xD

Amari
07-09-2018, 03:27 PM

Ayaka is on the verge of finding a cure for Ash Lung. In this thread she will attempt to finalize that cure, test it and then pending who else joins the thread will help push the antidote to the rest of Althanas. However as time goes on it is found tha the ingredients are harder to come by due to the pollution of the ash. Alternatives may be attempted which may have negative repurcissions. Pending on who joins, Ayaka may end up wanting to monopolize the cure to show that she isn't some second rate person/is worth something more than 'nothing' She along with the help of others - will attempt to further the creation that she has made to aid in the relief of the aftermath. Pending on the thread outcome Ayaka may chooses to become more selfish, and start putting a price on the much needed antidote/relief.

Number of Players: Max 4
GM: Amari/aka me ayaka
Open slots
Ayaka
-
-
-
-
-

Dirks. I think this was the updated one as you said you weren't sure on her having already monopolized the cure in a closed thread. Sorry just read what you had and went to go find this on my mobile.

Rather have the correct one and make it fair. Unless you're happy with what you put up. I can go either way

Philomel
07-09-2018, 03:40 PM
Source as in he was going to go to the crater, obsidian flows from that. Its also not exploring at all, which was Mikhail's. But I get the similarities.

But you're not convinced, sure. I can bring the ideas of in elsewhere.

Nevin
07-09-2018, 03:58 PM
I think liquid time isn't as liquid for the FQ, Ash, so you may have to pick one lol. I'm currently being convinced to have Nevin join the alchemical brigade. Which would mean he can't follow Eteri.

Flamebird
07-09-2018, 04:04 PM
I think liquid time isn't as liquid for the FQ, Ash, so you may have to pick one lol. I'm currently being convinced to have Nevin join the alchemical brigade. Which would mean he can't follow Eteri.

Ah, okay. Thanks! I'm joining Breaker's thread then.

Nevin
07-09-2018, 04:07 PM
I mean don't take my word as law here, I don't know yet lol. Gotta wait for the Word of Dirks on it.

Philomel
07-09-2018, 04:15 PM
Omg idea for next chapter...

Mordor.

Max Dirks
07-09-2018, 04:56 PM
Hmm, Philomel at this point, I'm not even sure we'll have the manpower to fill all the main quests up, which is why I'm looking to consolidate. Let me do some development and I'll get back with you.

Philomel
07-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Nah I can bring in the ideas that I had with the thread for other times. I'll fill out the others.

Thanks for the time though on looking at it.

I'll try to jump in on Mikhail's and go from there. Might be more of a chapter two thing anyway.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
07-09-2018, 06:01 PM
So excited.

Lye
08-24-2018, 10:41 AM
How are we doing, gang? Still excited? I played some catch up. Some good ideas in here! Super excited to see it all come to fruition. Have any of the quest rosters filled up more since last month?

Philomel
08-25-2018, 05:05 AM
Super stoked!!!

Looking forwards to it!

Nosdyn
08-25-2018, 11:49 AM
I'm still interested in this as well. As we discussed on Discord I'm going to be adding my Exodus quest to the roster to this weekend.

Lye
08-26-2018, 01:10 AM
Alright everyone. I have given the Main Quests Dirks picked out their own OOC threads. Split up and begin conversing in those separate threads so we can refine those. I have an estimated start date of September 1st. If more time is needed, I will declare an extension here. I plan to work with each group/GM separately to develop a good foundation for you to work on. Dirks will be taking a back seat driving role and I'll work with him to ensure quality and direction.

If you have more ideas for Main Quests, please continue to brainstorm here. I also welcome feedback as well since I'm coming in a little dark on this.

As for the Side Quests, please feel free to orchestrate your own OOC threads. We will launch the first wave on September 1st!

I'm looking forward to see how you'll reshape Althanas Lore for the next generation.

orphans
08-28-2018, 12:32 AM
I'm not entirely sure how this'll go, but by the nature of natural disasters and things that are happening, Azza as a character can almost indefinitely counteract some of the effects. The question for her then comes from her mentors in the form of, "Should you? It'll bring trouble once people know what you can do."

Azza can treat and heal people with ashen lung. She can even restore the land back to its former vibrancy. Those who would want to exploit her most definitely will appear. Worse still is the possibility of being revered as a prophet or some sort of savior.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure where to go with this and I don't think it'd work well in a thread as a focus. I've thus thrown my hat into Reckless Abandon, but I'm also curious about the thoughts of others. I realize I am coming to this super late though.

Lye
09-01-2018, 05:32 PM
Event is live! GMs make your posts! If no GM is listed, it’s first come first serve! Go! Go! Go!

Rayse
09-07-2018, 02:15 AM
I dunno what's going on, how do I get in on this?

Rayse
09-19-2018, 10:35 PM
Okay guess not, sorry for asking.

loves.blessing.
09-19-2018, 10:42 PM
If there is an event (thread) that you are interested in being in you can always pm to see if there is spots still left open and if you can jump in. If not there are plenty of other open threads that aren’t related to the FQ

Philomel
09-21-2018, 05:29 AM
Sorry rayse I missed your post here.

You can have a look at all of the main quests that are open in the main forum for the FQ. If there are any spots open, hop on in. If there are none yet started, go ahead and make a thread :)

Max Dirks
10-12-2018, 01:01 PM
So are people doing side quests elsewhere? I think they should be posted in here. Do you have a side quest? I'll move it if you'd like. Given the lull of activity, if you have any active unrelated quests that you want to make canon, let me know and I'll move them here as well.

Max Dirks
10-12-2018, 01:33 PM
So, I was trying to let you guys decide the scope and scale of the volcanic devastation, which is why I left coy responses. However, it seems that's becoming an issue for story writing. Let's assume it is not a super volcano, which could cause mass extinction, but rather a large volcano. The ash cloud has engulfed Lornius. A tsunami from the related earth quake reached the coasts of Tular, Fallien and Corone. Because I know ash has a lot to do with Corone stories, let's assume that wind currents in Althanas flow west to east and now an ash trail is going towards/is over Corone. Does that work?

Ebivoulya
10-12-2018, 02:36 PM
I mentioned this in chat, but I will reiterate it here to be safe.

I was counting on the ash-cloud spreading further than that, and its presence plays a significant role in the story I had planned. As I understand it, the origin of this concern was someone who found it difficult to believe that magic could prevent the mass-extinction caused by this event. I provided several examples in chat, but my main point is that there was only one person expressing this concern. As far as I've heard, everyone else has been planning for this to be a super-volcano, including me. If there are others who wish the volcano down-sized, we could consider setting up a poll, but I would personally appreciate it if we refrained from changing the scope of this thing a month into it, and left it as it was.

Philomel
10-13-2018, 03:51 AM
I don't think anyone as yet has written a tsunami.

I'm currently working on a solo that should bring some things up to speed on some things in Raiaera.

I think at the moment most folk were working on the idea that the volcano hasn't erupted yet, it's just been the initial ash cloud warning thing before the BOOOOMM!!

Flamebird
10-13-2018, 09:05 PM
I have no idea what's happening, lol

Max Dirks
10-15-2018, 10:04 AM
Hmm, well what is the general consensus for those participating? I think we should stick with that, even if it causes some writers to slightly modify their stories.

Philomel
10-15-2018, 10:56 AM
I would say keep the boom for the next chapter.

All else a run up earthquake or two and lots of raining ash sounds all fine.

Hayate_Amatsukami
10-15-2018, 12:05 PM
Okay so in Sulla's thread, which I have neglected but will be going full throttle in shortly, the clouds of Ash have already covered Corone.

Ebivoulya
10-19-2018, 01:23 PM
I think we should stick with that, even if it causes some writers to slightly modify their stories.

'Significant role' may not have been clear enough. The effects of the ash during the sealing of Ettermire is one of the main focuses of the thread I am writing for the FQ, and greatly impacts the main characters, including keeping mine in the city at all. I included that in the summary for my side quest that I submitted to this thread over three months ago.

However, it seems that's becoming an issue for story writing.

I appreciate the intent, but I think there may have been a misunderstanding in the chat. The person that voiced the extinction issue to you is not even participating in the FQ. I am already more than 10k words into this story that requires the ash-cloud to reach Ettermire, so I again request that we don't change the scope of the volcano.

Max Dirks
10-21-2018, 12:37 AM
I think you misread my post. Whatever the majority of you are doing is best, not the smaller scale of the devastation.

Ebivoulya
10-21-2018, 12:48 AM
Ah, so I did; sorry about that.

I appreciate the ruling, and will resume ruining Ettermire.

Adrielle
10-22-2019, 04:40 PM
So, I was trying to let you guys decide the scope and scale of the volcanic devastation, which is why I left coy responses. However, it seems that's becoming an issue for story writing. Let's assume it is not a super volcano, which could cause mass extinction, but rather a large volcano. The ash cloud has engulfed Lornius. A tsunami from the related earth quake reached the coasts of Tular, Fallien and Corone. Because I know ash has a lot to do with Corone stories, let's assume that wind currents in Althanas flow west to east and now an ash trail is going towards/is over Corone. Does that work?

I will touch on the tsunami part a little in my thread if that is alright, in the Tular plains that is.