PDA

View Full Version : Third Time The Charm? I Hope So. Oh, and Hello.

Beatrix7768
04-06-2019, 03:58 PM
Saludos! I used to be on here a while ago under the name Hamlet7768 (I think). I had a few threads with Lorenor or his previous characters, and talked a bit with others, the only one I can remember being Redford.

I'm a big reader and writer. Currently reading The Dying Earth series by Jack Vance. My favorites include Frank Herbert'sDune, Robert Howard's Conan the Cimmerian stories, Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser, and most of Isaac Asimov's output. I also play video games, my big ones right now being the Kingdom Rush games.

I have some basic ideas for my planned character, Beatrix D'Azal, a warrior inspired in equal parts by wuxia, jidaigeki, and chivalric romance...I guess. The most I know about her is that she is a former knight with a semi-hereditary power of wall-walking. I'll leave it at that, as I'm not sure where I want to go with her.

Nice to meet you all.

Philomel
04-07-2019, 01:19 AM
Hey!! Welcome back! Lovely to meet you. I'm Phi/Ailsa, a lead admin for the site.

I'm a big reader too! My most recent reads are the War of Broken Mirrors series and Ted Hughes poetry. I read a variety of different things, including biographies.

I love the sound of your character. I have a PC in a dungeons and dragons game I run called Beatrix actually! She's a druid!

If you have any questions or concerns then feel free to message here or PM me directly. I also look forward to seeing you in our chat or discord. Right now we have a 2x exp and gold bonus for completed threads done by the end of April so that's good for you! I'm also looking at getting Stonevale, the new character area, updated.

Anyway, welcome back again!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
04-07-2019, 02:52 AM
Welcome back! Never had the pleasure but always happy to write with you whenever you want!

Beatrix7768
04-07-2019, 03:37 PM
Thanks to both of you! I have been lurking on the discord for a while under the name of Marlowe. Hit me up on there; I'm mostly trying to get her a good backstory and suchlike.

Storm Veritas
04-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Welcome aboard! I seem to remember the username, but don't recall if we wrote together or not. Would be happy to end that!

Max Dirks
04-08-2019, 12:55 PM
Glad to have you back!