PDA

View Full Version : Althanas Bug Thread

Max Dirks
05-04-2019, 01:20 AM
Please let me know if you notice any bugs on the browser or mobile versions of the site here.

Nosdyn
05-04-2019, 02:04 PM
Hey hey tony i mentioned it on the Discord but ill mention it here to the new skin is not appearing on the drop down menu for me. But im going to test something really quick first.

Hayate_Amatsukami
05-04-2019, 02:09 PM
I believe that it's labeled Althanas on the drop down.

Rayleigh
05-04-2019, 02:22 PM
For anyone having a difficult time accessing the skin on the drop-down menu, you might try going directly to the settings.

Settings > general settings > forum skin. When you click the drop-down, it won't look obvious, but you can click "use forum default" at the top.

The new skin did not show up for me on the standard drop-down (the one on the bottom of every page), but it worked in settings. It's stunning!

Nosdyn
05-04-2019, 02:39 PM
okay guys it finally works on my end i believe that i was having some sort of a server/update lag but it finally started working for me lol. Hopefully the information helps. Fellow google chrome users its updating its just takes a little time to update the Althy servers or something like that i think that was my issue!!!

Nosdyn
05-05-2019, 09:15 AM
One more quick bug I'm noticing that I'm not sure if it is intentional or not. I can't seem to find the quick account link button anywhere. Also when I go to try to add accounts it doesn't give me that option. I'm not sure what i am doing wrong in this case. Either way guys any assistance would be a big help.

Max Dirks
05-05-2019, 02:09 PM
I had to reinstall the program, so you’ll have to relink any previously linked accounts. This can be done in “Settings” and the Account link will be in the navbar per usual. I’m mobile, but here’s some snaps to guide you:121

Blood And Thunder
11-05-2019, 04:48 AM
Fred on an Alt btw:

I've had the issue ever since we ported over to the 3.0 (Or is this 4.0 I cannot recall for the life of me) that for some reason the "Remember Me" button when I sign in doesn't work. I click it every time, but it does that thing where it auto logs me out anyways. I remember pestering dirks about it and he said something about "Your cookie settings" or perhaps something else along those lines, but I just double checked since the issue is fresh (and pissing me off) and it doesn't seem to be that. Any ideas?

Philomel
11-06-2019, 01:50 AM
Hi Fred

Yes this is an intermittent problem that comes and goes for me. I believe it has to do with the individual computer and cookies and there is little we can do about it, as Dirks has said. I've had it lots of times on my phone. I'll double check this for you though.

Mr.Fox
02-16-2020, 06:41 PM
So I can't access the wiki anymore. Whenever I try to view it, it says I don't have permission. I first noticed this issue shortly after I was made a mod.

Flamebird
02-17-2020, 04:57 PM
So I can't access the wiki anymore. Whenever I try to view it, it says I don't have permission. I first noticed this issue shortly after I was made a mod.

I just tried this and it worked for me. Maybe it's on your end, or a moderator only bug.

Philomel
02-19-2020, 04:51 AM
Mr Fox, I'll have a look soon. Sorry, I've been on holiday the last few days. Tyr, I'm not sure about that :/

Mr.Fox
02-19-2020, 09:03 PM
Tyr, on your devices I would try deleting your cache and cookies on your devices and logging in again. You can do this with ctrl + shift + delete in any modern browser.

Philomel
02-21-2020, 02:16 AM
Hey Mr Fox, can you see if you can access the wiki now?

Mr.Fox
02-21-2020, 09:52 PM
Works great. Thanks Philomel.

Nosdyn
04-10-2020, 12:07 PM
Hey guys...it is my understanding there was some sort of cite certificate that gave us an https option before.

Most of the site site atm shows up as "not secured" which is a little bit concerning for me.

But yeah I'm just reminding yall about the site security thing...it probably just got forgotten about in all this nuts stuff.

But let me know when this gets sorted.

Philomel
04-10-2020, 04:20 PM
Thanks for letting us know, pav. I'll have a look

Nosdyn
04-11-2020, 12:45 PM
Yo Ailsa no problemo !

Just happy to help, I recall Dirks making it so we could have that https support on most browsers but I have no idea how any of that works for the forum itself.

I just know that it shows up as "not secured" which would probably put off a lot of newcomers to the site.

If I find any other bugs/etc I will continue to keep posting stuff here, I don't think it's my browser either cause I use Google Chrome as many others do.

But later today I'm going to test a theory on Microsoft Edge, if the same error shows up on that I'll let you know the information.

Nosdyn
04-11-2020, 01:49 PM
I just encountered the most bizarre error ever.

I'm not entirely sure if it was a fault of the site or my own Google Chrome settings acting haywire.

But in short, I was trying to link a friend to a single post of Althanas and Discord tried to slap me with a really weird community warning I never seen before.

I am not sure if that was MY own set up here or something else, I'm going to test a few things now and see if the error continues.

I'm not sure WHY a really small rp community would violate Discord community guidelines but whatever. I think this is all because of site's current lack of security settings. I'm going to investigate further until I find out if there is any tech-savvy stuff I can do on my end here.

Max Dirks
04-13-2020, 02:17 PM
Pavel, the secured protocol is functioning properly. Any error you're receiving on your browser is not repeatable on any of the three browsers I tried (Firefox, Chrome and Safari). If you can send me a picture of the Discord warning you're receiving, I'll look into it.

Nosdyn
04-13-2020, 03:44 PM
Tony yeah...I am willing to bet the error was mainly on my end.

I am using a different computer atm and it shows up secure at this point.

To show yall how scrubby my old laptop was it died yesterday and I did everything I could to try to recover it.

Alas, I could not hahah.

But at least thanks for looking into this for me guys I realize was very likely my own hardware at this point.

But as long as you guys fixed the initial https security thing we should all be golden going forward. Once I have my new laptop going forward, I will return to the site on some capacity.

But yeah Tony thanks for the head's up it was VERY likely something on my end already messing up. If I encounter any other potential site bugs and errors I will report them to yall and we can compare notes on that. Thanks again guys, just happy I could help yall on some level.

Nosdyn
04-14-2020, 09:37 AM
Tony I am really not certain why but IT MIGHT be something on my end. later today I am going to take a screen shot of what i am talking about.

SOME of the site shows up secure but there are parts of the site that have that weird "not secure" message when I am sure it's not supposed to.

Later today I am going to take a screenshot of what I am talking about.

Thanks for your help with this so far bro.

I'll screen shot this stuff as soon as I am able to it's like PART of the site is secure and other parts it shows up "not secure" message. Just giving you a head's up I will screen shot asap for you guys.

Nosdyn
04-14-2020, 09:54 AM
Man let me tell you guys Macs are NOT user friendly for us Windows cats.

Either way I did end up taking the screen shot for yall.

What happens is most of the forum has that weird "not secure" code. The computer I'm currently on is. a mac and not the dingy laptop I was on before.

So to show you guys what I am talking about I am gonna attach the image so you guys can see it.

I'm not sure why this error is persisting on my end it just is but I wanted to point it out to you guys. When. I get my new laptop if the error persists there too I will post another screenshot.

What I am pointing out is in the address bar where the https stuff normally SHOULD appear I get that weird as hell Not Secure bug. I'm pretty sure it's not my end either this is something I have tested on two different computers now. I'm going to see if the error persists on my PS4.