Race: Mystic.
Height: 5'2.
Weight: 92 Ibs.
Eyes: Brown, jewel-shaker irises.
Hair: Dark blond. Type 1.
Skin Complection: Caucasian.
Handedness: Left.
IQ: Average.
Known Medical/ Mental Hiccups: The Inattentive variant of ADHD.
Big Five Personality Type: BICGD, the Analyst.

Personality:
Serious, down to earth, stubborn as the tular plains. Deirdre is a no nonsense, introspective young woman who always has a goal in mind. Determined and solid, she tends to brood and ponder to a point where she gets lost in space. Despite her bold nature, her ADHD tends to make her easily distractable in the small runs. She is not the kind to talk, only expending words when needed. Silently strong, her facial expressions and body postures usually talks more than her vocabulary. Fearless, she gets what she wants. Her wants are not snobby and selfish; a secretive but calm and kindhearted person, her goals usually are meant for the greater good of all. Being able to scare others more than she even knows, her aloof and inattentive nature in social situations make her a tad bit freaky to some people. She either doesn't care at all or is way too concerned to let anything else get in her way. She is probably one of the most stubborn people in Althanas.

Deirdre genuinely wants to help people. Her serious and bleak demeanor makes her appear cold to those who don't know cold. She shows her love through actions and favors, not fluffy words or blind affections. She is fiercely loyal and actually can be a bit of a softy to those she cares for most. She hardly ever smiles, but a softer glaze in her eyes will reveal her affection. Still, this obsessive and awkward, yet creepy and stern character is an odd mix that people may feel confused, baffled, and a bit weirded out about.

She does have a sense of good looks, oddly enough. She may be seen wearing jewelry here and there. Also, her favorite color is purple.

Appearance:
A small and scrawny kid standing at a mere five foot two, Deirdre wears a dark purple v-neck and black pants. She wears a black cloak that comes down to her knees that has internal pockets. She has black and purple leather high heels. Her obsidian bracelet is worn on her right hand. She also has a silver boot bracelet.

Skills:
- Being Stubborn: Yeah If she does not get a "Most Stubborn Person of the Year" award something is very wrong
- Survival Skills: She explored the woods as a kid, she has gotten into issues she should not of. She knows to get out of pickles and survival scenarios.
- Detective Skills: Following in her father's footsteps, Deirdre is a skilled problem solver and detective. She may not be experienced, but she has promise and potential.

Equipment:
- Several pieces of various jewelry.
- Her cloak.
- A belt with pockets and packs for odds and ends.
- Sheaths for her weapons.
- A rope and attachable grappling hook.
- An animal hyde canister for water.
- A first aid kit.

Weapons:
- An oak quarterstaff. It doubles as a walking stick!

Abilities:
- Mysic Protection: Mysic Protection: Like all mystics, Deirdre was born with this ability. It can be activated both subconsciously and with Deirdre's consent. Whenever a purely physical attack hits her, the sound of glass shattering sounds as the attack is negated. Even for a genetic trait, it still has yet to fully develop. This ability can be used three times per battle thread. In quests it can be used many times, but only as a plot device against NPC's and non-controlled monsters/ creatures. Against PC's it still can only be used three times. ICly it can't be that well controlled, yet, but OOCly I choose when it activates. It can only go 3 times per thread.
- Keeping Cool [Passive]: Deirdre has got a ton of nerve. Abilities that affect her emotions really don't do much. Abilities that impose fear don't make her flinch. Feeling of sadness can be shrugged off. Controlling, authorative abilities don't make her lower her head or even flinch. She might feel something, but the effects are subconscious and hardly get physical or consciously emotional reactions.

Weaknesses:
- ADHD: She has the inattentive variant. She can be easily distracted and finds it hard to focus. Uninterested and aloof, she often times gets lost in space, confuses simple instructions, and generally carries a demeanor that screams that she does not care. On the other side of the coin, when she does become interested it completely absorbs her. She can become obsessed and concentrated to the point where nothing else matters, even her relationships and other important aspects life.
- Stubborn to the Fault: Deirdre never quits. This can be a good thing or a bad thing. She never listens to anybody and can be extremely opinionated. Even if all logic and reasoning says it is not right, she will pull in the other direction. While she is surprisingly respectful and obedient towards leadership figures, especially the ones she is attached to, if they disagree on something she feels is important issues will arise.
- Smol: Like, she's a smol broody creature of the night who can be squished like a pea.
- No Military Training: She can... swing her staff... and poke things with her staff... kind off.
- BLOODY CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!: She can resist emotional attacks, mental manipulation, bacon, but not chocolate. Whisper the word from the next room over and she will crash in like a racing locomotive.

Biography:
Unlike most mystics, Deirdre was born to a family on the same realm as the rest of Althanas. Native to a farm in Scara Brae, Deirdre was an adventurous and introverted child. Between corn farming, she would spend time in the surrounding wilderness exploring and make believing adventures. While most of her family stayed in their remote location, Deirdre's father worked in Stonevale as a police detective. Deirdre could not help but admire her father's bravery, wishing to be like him someday.

During her teens, every time he came home to visit, she insisted over and over again to let her come with him. At first, he stood firm. She was too persistent for him, however, and when she was thirteen he finally let her tag along. For a series of months he taught her what he knew in the safety of his office. She became increasingly obsessed and soaked up the information like a sponge.

However, during a night like any other, horror struck. A crime family that had been at odds with Detective Pyri abducted the kid and took her to a remote location. They kept her in isolation and continually tortured her, mostly psychologically, because her Mystic Protection made beating her difficult. Instead of cracking, however, Deirdre just grew stronger. She was able to withstand a year's worth of mental torture until her father found her. While he did break her out, it was at a terrible cost...

... he lost the use of both his legs.

If mental manipulation, mind tricks, psychological warfare, and illusions did enough to numb her, the guilt over her father's misfortune at her account almost was enough to break her. Instead of breaking, however, it just numbed her. Even more aloof and pit of whack since her isolated childhood, the cold and emotionless girl helped her now wheelchair bound father on a caravan ride home.

Deirdre spent another short while at the farm, but never forgot. When an attack on a neighboring farm took place from the same family, but was mysteriously stopped by two rogues, her curiosity was struck. Taking ahold of needed survival equipment and the clothes on her back, she snuck out at night to find the people who saved the farm; so she could know... could they teach her so a loved one would not be scarred again?

Breaker
08-30-2017, 10:40 AM
As thing stand, this character is considerably overpowered for Level 1. I'd recommend finding ways to tone down all three abilities, especially the second two which are high level resistances as they are currently written. Let me know if you need help with any of this.

Phobia
08-30-2017, 08:52 PM
If the Mystic Protection's effects bring up Deirdre's lvl1 power up too significantly, I can take the glass flying back off it and just have it deflect physical attacks (with the sound of glass shattering and stuff.)

Can we make it to where I lower "Stubborn's" effects down to a weaker state than I would lower "Keeping Cool"? Yes, I'll try to lower KC down too, but I'm aiming for Miss-Emo-Brutal-Darklady to at least not show signs of emotional manipulation (like she might still feel fear but not act jittery in response; as opposed to completely not feeling it.) Once again, I'll be lowering it but in terms of how low I think I need help xD

- Mysic Protection: Like all mystics, Deirdre was born with this ability. It can be activated both subconsciously and with Deirdre's consent. Whenever an attack hits her, the sound of glass shattering sounds as the attack is negated. Even for a genetic trait, it still has yet to fully develop. This ability can be used three times per battle thread. In quests it can be used many times, but only as a plot device against NPC's and non-controlled monsters/ creatures. Against PC's it still can only be used three times.

- Stubborn [Passive]: Stubborn to the fault, Deirdre is a determined person who never gives up. With internal strength and mental powess, Deirdre can partly resist mental attacks. While she is not completely immune and can give in after continued, unending exposure; Deirdre can tell if an illusion is real after a moment's notice and can shove off mental conditionings. If someone tries to completely possess her mind (complete mind control) or proves to be a powerful mental manipulator as a whole, she is still very weak against the attack.
[1.5xs better Willpower than the average person.]

- Keeping Cool [Passive]: Deirdre has got a ton of nerve. Abilities that affect her emotions really don't do much. Abilities that impose fear don't make her shake. Feeling of sadness can be shrugged off. Controlling, authorative abilities don't make her flinch. She might feel something, but the effects are subconscious and hardly get physical or consciously emotional reactions. None the less, she is not completely immune. Even if she hardly shows it, she can feel the effects. So she does not physically show it unless she is under extreme, brutal pressure, however.

Breaker
09-02-2017, 10:42 AM
As things stand, keeping cool and mystic protection are still pushing your TPL past the limit. I'd suggest reducing both of them a bit, or one of them significantly. The way mystic protection is currently described, it seems like it auto-blocks any attack. Limiting the type or extent of attack it can block, and/or making it so she has to prepare the ability could bring down it's power level.

Phobia
09-05-2017, 10:17 PM
I could make mystic protection work with only physical attacks. ICly it can't be that well controlled, yet, but OOCly I can choose when it activates. It can only go 3 times per thread.

Reducing Keeping Cool will be hard... What if I remove the willpower and leave KC the same right now? Add willpower back for lvl 2.

Breaker
09-06-2017, 10:35 AM
I think that would work. Edit the changes in so I can have a look and run the numbers.

Phobia
09-18-2017, 10:42 AM
Sorry for the wait! Edited.

Breaker
09-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Approved.