PDA

View Full Version : How Did You Find Althanas?

Max Dirks
05-04-2019, 01:32 AM
Hey everyone, as we celebrate everything Althanas, I'm curious about how you found Althanas, and what's more, what made you stay?

I'll start. I met a guy named Kris Wood while RPing on Ayenee, a Yahoo! Chat RP. He told me about a site called AllRPG and their "interactive world" called Althanas. It seemed interesting, so I joined. I think I was the first character approved with a modern firearm. Three months later I was a super moderator and the rest is history. I stayed because I got really drawn into the Power Group aspect of the site.

What about you?

Rayleigh
05-04-2019, 02:10 PM
I met Tobias Stalt on another roleplaying site. He told me about Althanas, so I followed him over here. I made some great friends, which is what kept me around for so long. I'm still in touch with many of them.

Philomel
05-04-2019, 02:13 PM
I blame Twitch. He made me come here.

The rest is history.

Hayate_Amatsukami
05-04-2019, 02:14 PM
I worked with Silence Sei at Baby store for the longest and while he was an admin invited me to join. I've improved alot over the years and have had the best of times doing so!

Breaker
05-04-2019, 02:31 PM
When I was 14 some older kids I played D&D with told me about this thing called allrpg. Holy shit.

Arden
05-04-2019, 04:35 PM
I joined in 2009 after having a sudden urge to do play by post roleplay again after some tumultuous times on an old Delphiforum site called Kingdom of Berbusk.

Funny story. Althanas was literally the first link I clicked on.

Still here a decade later.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
05-04-2019, 04:48 PM
I was on Allrpg. Althanas was created by a select few moderators on there who decided to take the interactive village to another level. My friend Jon (Fallen Angel) was on the development committee and was tasked with creating Radasanthia (which became Salvar). He confided in me for details, which were planned during English Literature lessons back in 2000.

I am old as fuck.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
05-04-2019, 04:50 PM
When I was 14 some older kids I played D&D with told me about this thing called allrpg. Holy shit.

Hang on a minute. You were on Allrpg??? What was your username man? I was Canen / Falcon

Flamebird
05-04-2019, 08:53 PM
I was introduced through Hoytti and Black Shadow.

Lye
05-08-2019, 02:04 PM
I was browsing RP sites back when we had FFVII as our closest fantasy type escape, but from a financial standpoint that I couldn’t afford to play it. So, I wanted an outlet. Althanas was it. It also helped be vent ALOT of teen angst. Ask Dissinger, I was on angry child.

Storm Veritas
05-11-2019, 05:30 AM
I used to write on a site called "GiveUpAlready", which was a shitshow of a website originally designed to support a game called "Kings of Chaos" or something like that.

Most of the writing there was absolutely awful, but there were some talented writers, including Ebivoulya. Through that site I was lured over here by people doing double duty. Obviously the people here are the reasons I stay.

Gnarl & Root
05-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Introduced by Falcon(Canen) Darkflight(Shin) back at ALLRPG and All Square from around 2000-2002 I can't remember exactly. But no later than that.
I was Raslin Icewind back then(a character I still write with) and Elite Optic who I currently still have a account for on here. I've been back and forth ever since then and never truly left.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
05-14-2019, 08:53 AM
I started off on Althanas's predecessor, the interactive village on AllRPG nineteen years ago, with Sage (aka Kai, Lance)

My friend Jon was on the initial design team for an ice continent called Radasanthia (which became the modern day Salvar, while Radasanthia was shortened to Radasanth and turned into Corone's capital) and we spent our English lessons together drawing maps, coming up with ideas etc instead of studying.

So, in a way, I suppose I helped design a part of it, purely by default.

Gnarl (Raslin, above) was there during the golden years too.