PDA

View Full Version : [Solo] The Nosdyn Chronology Chapter 10.

Nosdyn
12-05-2019, 09:52 AM
(Note: Takes place immediately after the events of: Chapter 9 (https://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?1884-Solo-The-Nosdyn-Chronology-Chapter-9) and is part of a continuing saga as you guys know. Will contain erotic style content but I will try not to get too vulgar with it.)

(Will DEFINITELY contain erotic style content. You've been warned)

There was a tension in the air.

It was true of most times a battle was about to take place. There would be a mad chaotic effect in the air the hinted at things to come. By the point, N'Jal kept on her promise to exclude Nosdyn from any tactical planning. And even, to exclude him from the assault party of Ettermire itself. Nosdyn didn't care at that point, he had another mission anyway. He stood by Llukai and Tharak, his own son. They would always have the old demon's back. He knew that by that point, but the sting of betrayal still hurt the old demon nonetheless.

I've been down this road before... Nosdyn thought with a sigh, and briefly recalled Xyllea. The dark elf who had been his mate for many years and gave him his only son. He looked at both boys, the ones he considered to be his most loyal soldiers. "Remember what I've taught you both." Nosdyn said to them quietly.

Tharak son of Nosdyn nodded. "Father, you're afraid of something. What you're afraid of you don't have to reveal but we'll be with you the whole time."

Nosdyn considered what he just heard. "After it's all over we will all talk of what happens next." There was a grim aspect of Nosdyn those days, it had been there since N'Jal began to punish him for whatever perceived betrayal or misstep he had taken. He still did not understand the why of it, it no longer mattered. He'd been betrayed far too many times by that point for it to matter anymore. Nosdyn knew there was more at stake than one old demon's personal struggles. He had to worry about his son at that point and Lancaster's boy. "Remember all I've taught you both."

Nosdyn saw it immediately, a few yards ahead on the field directly outside of Ettermire. A single party of dark elves were approaching, he recognized the leader of the group right away. "So...he intends to face me himself. Admirable." Nosdyn said with a sly grin, the first of such smiles he'd allowed himself in a long time. "Time to put all my father's teachings to the test." Nosdyn said to them, he was never one for words or flowery speeches, he preferred to lead by example.

He was allowed a small group of undead as companions in his group by N'Jal and that would be fine. Xelldra was present along with the female companions of his allies.

Tharak son of Nosdyn looked at his father. "Do not be afraid father. We will be by your side until the very end."

Ours is a tribe that fights... The words of his own father repeated themselves in his head.

Nosdyn
12-06-2019, 09:25 PM
Nosdyn narrowed his eyes for a moment as he looked at the approaching dark elves. He looked towards the direction of Ettermire for a moment, where it all began for one exiled demon. He knew N'Jal herself was in Ettermire likely causing a massacre. So much bloodshed...I suppose this too is part of N'Jal's plan. But for what? What purpose? Nosdyn signalled to his companions to take flanking positions around the field and prepare. Nosdyn himself was going to engage the single assault party himself where he could.

He activated his weapon, the amethyst blade manifested. There was a wind that came from the west, Nosdyn turned towards it for a moment. Father, let me face my end with courage and dignity. Nosdyn had been saved by N'Jal from death itself more than once, he knew deep down...not that time.

He had more to protect at that point anyway.

A few moments later, the cultists were facing Nosdyn directly. The leader, the one he met in the dreaming state left the formation after stating some orders and walked up to Nosdyn directly. "Me and you have business to conclude." The dark elf said.

"My father would say, it is my people's destiny to die on the field of battle. Maybe you will bring about my end today, maybe you won't. But I will ask you again, what did you give up for your allegiance to Xyllea?" Nosdyn asked.

The man considered what Nosdyn was asking. "I gave up my own freedom, but that is of no concern to you."

Nosdyn nodded. "I was taught to know your enemy before you engage. I feel pity for you, cultist. Xyllea would never have honoured whatever deal you two had. I was her husband at one point and I was nearly killed for my efforts." He was trying to talk to the man, maybe prevent needless bloodshed if he could.

"She had her own motives, demon." The cultist said calmly. "You are a very unusual opponent not like the demons of old that we were taught to prepare against in the first demon's war." He said there was a definite respect there.

"My ancestors were a more rash bunch...I do agree with you. Your city, your people changed me while I was one of her citizens. I would not have learned as much as I have without Xyllea." Nosdyn said calmly. "I have no hatred for you or your guild." He was being honest. "But I am prepared to fight you if there is no other option here."

The man listened to what his opponent was saying. "You speak wisely, demon. It is unfortunate that fate made us enemies. For what it's worth I can see you were betrayed here in Ettermire as well." He said.

Nosdyn nodded. "Fairy tales have some truth to them but they are usually not the whole truth. Though it pays to give them more heed." Nosdyn engaged the cultist directly at that point.

Nosdyn
12-07-2019, 10:19 AM
Blades clashed, Nosdyn skillfully countered the man's sword attacks with precision and practice. But always, he held back. He knew, deep down in his heart the master had betrayed him. Just one more betrayal. Their weapons clashed once more and Nosdyn took a step backwards, there wa s a deep worry on his face for them all. "You know, N'Jal is here." Nosdyn suddenly told the man.

He nodded. "I am aware. You are holding back? Why is that?" The man sincerely wanted to know.

"There are many things at play here you are not aware of. What you said earlier was true, it is unfortunate fate made us enemies." Nosdyn was looking around for a moment he spotted his son and Lancaster's boy nearby fighting the other cultists very well. Nosdyn was very hot, he was very tired. But he had sworn to Lancaster's ghost that he would save Llukai. "When she arrives, I am going to warn you. You do not want to be smited by her." Nosdyn said calmly, he no longer cared. He just wanted the needless bloodshed to stop.

He sensed it at that point...N'Jal was in his mind watching his every move. Nosdyn looked off into the distance for a moment. How did this all go so wrong... Nosdyn thought to himself remember the words he'd thought so often when Illsandra killed herself and Xyllea had betrayed him. On the grounds that I am simply different...I am cursed life has forsaken me. He returned his attention back to the man he was fighting, there was a sadness in Nosdyn's eyes at that point. "When I tell you, you run and run fast never look back." Nosdyn said to the man.

Strangely enough, the cultist agreed with what Nosdyn was saying.

Nosdyn was feeling it that point, N'Jal herself arrived from Ettermire presumably to punish him. He no longer cared. "Go, run!" Nosdyn ordered, the man did so. In that moment it all went to shit.

Nosdyn turned his attention to the position of Llukai son of Lancaster and his son Tharak they were nearby they all knew N'Jal was present at that point. Llukai made a potentially fatal mistake by turning to look at Nosdyn, he saw it immediately and ran to the best of his capacity. The weapon the other cultist was going to use against Llukai struck Nosdyn, by that point he no longer even felt it. He simply had a smile on his face as he looked at Lancaster's boy. The cultist, knowing N'Jal's forces had been routed, removed his augmented weapon from Nosdyn and began to walk away from the battle. "You let your guard down, boy. On the field never let your guard down." Nosdyn was crying by that point, and fell down to one knee in front of them all. Twice, the master had saved him from certain death. He knew there was not going to be a third time.

Llukai son of Lancaster suddenly realized what had just happened. "No!" He yelled and knelt before his teacher, he also began to cry as the old demon fell. "You...you didn't have to do this Nosdyn. Why would you have done this?" He just wanted to know why one last time, the old demon from the Tular Plains risked his neck for him. A lowly, stupid boy from Ettermire.

"To honour you and your father boy. I swore to your father I would always protect you, no matter what." Nosdyn said calmly. He was not afraid, he knew the entire time it was his people's destiny to fall in battle. "Do not feel despair Llukai, I am just an old demon at this point. Haunted by too many battles, too many bad memories. I was never fit for your world. I knew this when I first arrived here on Ettermire but I tried to make a really bad situation work."

"Don't die, Nosdyn." Llukai said he was freely crying by that point, they all were, all except one. N'Jal herself who watched the situation unfolding.

She walked slowly towards the group. "Step away from him, son of Lancaster." She said calmly.

Nosdyn heard the voice in his mind by that point. He looked up at her. Let them go my master. If you must smite someone please just smite me. But let them go...

N'Jal looked at her champion for a long moment, they had locked eyes. "You betrayed me." She said to him plainly, so they could all hear.

He nodded. "Yes. I know, I swore to his father I would always watch his son...I meant that."

"You disobeyed a direct order." She was angry at that point.

Nosdyn could feel it, that she was angry...he knew what she was capable of. He looked up towards her. "I will not try to resist you, so do what you must. I accept my punishment."

Then the, unexpected happened. A host of female undead, all of N'Jal's were suddenly completely surrounding the whole group. Xelldra herself, Nosdyn's priestess walked up to N'Jal. "He did nothing wrong. What was he supposed to do?" She asked.

N'Jal looked all around, they had all sided with Nosdyn. She was confused, she did not know how to react in that situation...it was new. "This is all of your choice then, to side with him over me?" N'Jal asked.

Xelldra looked at the master. "To which I ask you again, what was he supposed to do? You cut him off all tactical planning, and removed him from Ettermire's assault party which was a grave tactical error in itself. He knew Ettermire better than any of us at this point. You made the misstep here, N'Jal, it was not Nosdyn. He's done nothing wrong."

N'Jal considered what she was hearing. She was never one to negotiate her personal dealings, but this was different she'd never seen such a thing. They sided with the lowly exile demon over her. "We will discuss this at home." She said bitterly...

Nosdyn
12-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Later that night...

Nosdyn sat in silence thinking about everything, he'd survived the augmented attack because of the aegis his son had made. At the very least, no enemy would be able to harm him and his allies as they had in the past. Nosdyn sighed, the children of N'Jal and the master herself were discussing what would become of Nosdyn. He stood up, he hated not knowing, he hated waiting for things by that time in his life. So he walked to the side chamber where Lily and his son, Tharak were busy in their lab.

"It worked." He told his son. "I was able to live because of the relicry of you two made."

Tharak looked at his father. "I know it worked for me as well...they can no longer harm us."

Lilly looked at Nosdyn. "The master is scared." Lilly said calmly. "I thought you should know that what happened today has never happened before. She is just scared."

Nosdyn nodded. "I don't have any ill will towards N'Jal. She once told me that the contract me and her made that first night, would be honoured always. I don't know where my mistake occurred, or whatever this was, but I have no ill will towards the master. And thank you and and your sisters, Lilly. You all did a very brave thing for me."

"It was my honour Nosdyn. You taught us honour, among many other things." Lilly said to him.

Nosdyn considered what he was hearing. "I am glad that my father's lessons meant something here."

Tharak spoke at that point. "Father have you spoken to Llukai yet?" Tharak asked.

"Not yet, but I will tonight. There are matters to discuss." Nosdyn looked around the alchemy lab. "You two have brilliant minds and are both hard workers, I am glad to have you both by my side." Nosdyn took his leave at that point, there was a matter that needed to be addressed.

Nosdyn
12-08-2019, 02:52 PM
He found Llukai and his companion, Aelldra in the side chamber they'd claimed for themselves. They'd been discussing personal matters after the earlier day's battle. He looked at Llukai and his companion. "How have you been feeling?" Nosdyn asked.

Llukai nodded to his friend and mentor. "Better after I have processed what happened. Just took a bit of time is all."

"I swore to your father I would always have your back, some promises can never be broken or unmade." Nosdyn allowed himself a soft smile. He looked at Aelldra at that point. "I want to thank you. I thanked Lilly earlier too. The one that is my son's mate. You all did a very brave thing for me." Nosdyn said.

Aelldra nodded. "You've taught us more than you will ever know, Nosdyn son of Tharak." She said. "But yes, it was an honour to hep you in exchange for all you've done for us."

Nosdyn looked down for moment, at the ground then he looked at his two friends. "Whatever the master decides to do going forward, I will be okay with. So we'll see when the time comes."

Llukai looked at Nosdyn with a serious expression on his face. "The Aegis worked for you and your son did it not?" He asked.

Nosdyn nodded. "Whatever they augment their weapons with...yes it worked. I was able to survive that time."

Llukai nodded. "You saw him that time...did you not? My father in that dreaming state you see so often."

Nosdyn thought about what he was hearing for a moment. "I've seen him more than once but yes. Because of what my people are, the spirits of the fallen often contact us."

Llukai nodded. "Someday, I want you to teach me how to commune with him as you do so freely." Llukai asked.

"It will be my pleasure." Nosdyn said in response.

A moment later, a female undead approached them. "Nosdyn, the master will see you now. The time has come."

Nosdyn nodded. "Take me to her." He said calmly.

Nosdyn
12-08-2019, 03:10 PM
Nosdyn was guided to the meditation chamber he'd oft communed with N'Jal there on a much more personal level than most ever would. Nosdyn saw Xelldra and several other female undead, some he knew directly, others he did not. They'd been discussing Nosdyn's fate since the order to withdraw was given by N'Jal herself. Nosdyn narrowed his eyes a he looked at the gathered. "I am here."

N'Jal looked at her champion for a long moment. "We have been talking this entire time, since we returned home from the battle. As you must know...this situation I have never seen before, it is new. My children have chosen to all side with you in that particular situation." She paused for a moment. "I am not one to admit when I make a mistake lightly, so I hope you understand the true gravity of this situation. I made a mistake." She walked over towards Nosdyn and suddenly bowed down before him, the entire host of her undead did the same.

Nosdyn was taken completely aback, he'd been expecting harsh punishment, but never anything like that. He put his hand under chin gently. "My master, you bow to no one. On the field, mistakes occur, bad decisions are made by any element of the pieces of a machine. You, me, none of us did anything wrong here my master. We did the best we all could." He helped her rise and stand at that point. "You don't ever have to bow to me ever." Nosdyn was freely crying at that point. He saw too, that N'Jal was also crying.

She looked at him. "I meant what I told you that day...you have more honour than any man I have ever known."

Nosdyn nodded. "My master I am your servant, you gave me a purpose where Ettermire herself abandoned me completely. I will walk by your side to the end of days. I meant that, I always have." They were bold words, but honest words. In his simple and honest way of stating things.

N'Jal knew at that point, he was speaking the truth, she kissed her champion deeply, but withdrew for a moment. "Your woman made a strong case for you, you should be very proud of her." She motioned for Xelldra to join Nosdyn, she did so. "Treat your husband well tonight." N'Jal ordered softly. N'Jal had other matters to prepare for.

Xelldra looked at Nosdyn, he'd still been crying the entire time. She held his hand in her hand. "Why do you cry my lord?" She asked of him.

"I am so very proud of you all." Nosdyn said calmly, he meant that. "You know...that locket does look good on you." He kissed her deeply at that point, they had matter to take care of that night.

Nosdyn
12-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Nosdyn made love to Xelldra that night, for many hours. Thoughts passed through his mind as that happened, he remembered Illsandra and Xyllea in those moments, when they had loved him as deeply as Xelldra did by that point. The memories were fond of the two of them at that point, he carried no malice in his heart towards Xyllea anymore. She was at peace. N'Jal heself had seen to that. He kissed his woman softly, very gently feeling the warmth he had given to her own body. It had taken time, but he'd elevated their physical structure. The one's he'd made love to since that first night on N'Jal's orders. He kissed her deeply and lovingly, giving himself freely to her.

Nosdyn held her close to him after that round of love making. He felt peace in his heart. He kissed the top of her head gently, she was awake at that point looking up at him. "You chose me so long ago." Nosdyn said to her quietly.

She nodded. "Yes. I am glad that I have also walked by your side this entire time." Xelldra paused a moment. "Are you still afraid?" She asked.

Nosdyn shook his head. "No. It was my old age, I was afraid of becoming useless and losing my purpose in N'Jal's fold." Nosdyn pulled her very close to him. "I am glad you have chosen me." The old demon said.

She nodded. "The dreaming state you've told me about...I think I know what it is." She told him quietly.

Nosdyn looked at her. "What have you discovered?" He asked.

"Was a suspicion at first, but for some reason you are connected to the land of Phantaria. Entities come in and of your mind because of this. May be worth looking into a way to shield yourself from this." Xelldra said calmly.

Nosdyn thought about what he was hearing. "I kind of like the dreaming state, besides...sometimes enemies contact me there too. I can learn from that place, it's not so bad." He kissed her deeply. "But the other aspect is worth investigating, the connection to Phantaria, land of doors." Nosdyn said calmly to her.

Nosdyn
12-10-2019, 09:36 PM
A time passed...

Tharak son of Nosdyn looked his companion that day, Lilly, for a long moment. "My father is very brave." He said. "That's how I wish to become too."

She nodded. "You have a lot of him in you." She said calmly. "He admires you, you know." Lilly added.

"I've thought of that. He was trained different then how me and Llukai are being trained...a different sort of martial tactics. I was never good at that style of combat like he is..." Tharak paused a moment.

"You have other strengths. That's why he admires you and I also admire you." Lilly told him. "I fought by your side that day, I watched how skilled you've become."

"Different arts, different ways and methods of achieving the same goal. But yes, Lilly...thank you." Tharak said. "My father has a lot of ghosts from his past, haunting him. Maybe he will never be completely whole again. But that might be a strength and not a weakness."

"Yes. There are many ways to approach a problem, as I've taught you." She placed her hand on his hand, as she'd done so often since their very first meeting. "You willing to learn, and I'm also willing to learn. We have all that we need with each other."

Tharak nodded. "Let's call it a night." He said calmly to her, willing to take breaks more often as she'd initially suggested to him.

She nodded with a soft smile. "Yes, we've both been working very hard and there are other matters to attend to."

Nosdyn
03-26-2020, 12:57 PM
One night...

He found himself standing in a void once more...the dreaming state.

Several other times in his life he'd ended up there.

He was not sure how or why but he'd simply ended up there...other world entities and sometimes Althanas born foes contacted him.

His cloak swished with the wind as he looked about the void like field, there was a disturbing feeling.

"Why have you called once more?" Nosdyn asked of the void. Sometimes physical entities entered through that place, other times he was contacted by enemies and sometimes allies. This was different though...the void itself directly contacted Nosdyn.

"We wanted to show you something champion of N'Jal." The Void told Nosdyn carefully.

Nosdyn nodded and looked at the void around. "Nothing is ever free, state the price of your information." Nosdyn said, he did not hesitate by that point he knew how contracts worked.

"You have already paid it." The void told Nosdyn.

Nosdyn shook his head. "You speak false, I did not agree to anything..."

"What we have to show you...you already know. Champion of N'Jal. Your title it is the price you have paid for this information."

Nosdyn frowned. "I don't understand?"

"Your Master has already started to move against you. There were works in place from another time from when you first started." The void said calmly. "You know what we speak to you is the truth."

"She has already moved once against me, the children, my companions rose up against her as a result of that time." Nosdyn shared.

"Thank you for being honest with us. You already know what you are up against, the game the Thayne play." The void told him. "You are being moved against for you to survive this you might have to take your loved ones and run..."

"I don't have anywhere to run to." Nosdyn said.

"That is the part you will have to figure out on your own." The void answered truthfully.

When Nosdyn came to he looked at his woman. "There may be a problem." He told her calmly. "Do you trust me, Xelldra?" He asked of her. Given all he had gone through with two different Ettermire women, he had to be certain he had her trust fully and completely. That she was an ally through and through even above N'Jal's word.

She nodded as she awoke casually. "Always, you can depend on me always." She said truthfully.

"We must gather my son and Llukai, I fear it may already be too late." Nosdyn said to her.

Nosdyn
03-26-2020, 08:34 PM
His heart sank...he knew what he was seeing, what he had interrupted. He saw Tharak, Lilly and Llukai and his companion being attacked by N'Jal and her most loyal subjects.

"Stop!" Nosdyn yelled.

N'Jal seemed sincerely shocked by hearing his voice.

"You...how did you know this was about to happen?" N'Jal asked, incredulous.

"That does not matter. I know why this is being done, you are afraid of me. Let them go...you can deal with me yourself." Nosdyn said, he walked over towards N'Jal, unafraid.

"You know what you are asking, do you not?" N'Jal responded.

Nosdyn nodded. "I know betrayal. This is not the first, nor the last time it will happen to me. Let my friends go then you can have your way with me." Nosdyn told her.

Tharak son of Nosdyn looked a this father, there was a fear in his eyes. "N'Jal, my father speaks the truth."

N'Jal considered what she was hearing. "Your life in exchange for your friends and your son then?" She asked.

"That is the bargain, if you let them go I will offer you no resistance. You can smite me where I stand." Nosdyn took one last look at his son. Their tribe was a tribe that fights. "Take care of Llukai, my son." He said to Tharak.

Tharak nodded as he took Llukai and the other's hands in his own hands. He walked to Xelldra. "There isn't much time..."

"My place is by your father's side." She said with a finality.

Nosdyn nodded, and placed his two weapons on the ground before N'Jal. "You let them leave, I am yours to break."

Nosdyn was used to pain...suffering...

What N'Jal did to him drowned out his own screams days prior.

Father...maybe this is fitting for us...a fitting end... He thought to himself he'd passed out days prior.

N'Jal was in his mind torturing him with her power. You are wrong on one point, Nosdyn. She told him. This is not the end for you...but rather...a new beginning.

What do you want from me? Nosdyn asked of her. You have already won.

You have a genetic marker I am interested in...I had to be certain you held this within your blood. N'Jal said.

You are afraid of me... Nosdyn said. Why did you lie to me? Why did you name me your champion...

You are a confused child, Nosdyn. I did not lie to you...I gave you what you wanted so long our go. Do you remember our original commitment?

The first contract... Nosdyn sighed.

What did you ask for? She asked of him.

A purpose... He responded.

I gave you that purpose each time you made love to the broken carcasses of the fallen. Every one of my creations I made for you to strengthen with your blood and seed...to make them warmer. Did you think this was all a mere coincidence? She asked.

Nosdyn shook his head. I suspected...

You manufactured an entire generation of my followers with your own seed. While she tortured him, she slapped him hard. These are your own offspring you bastard.

I did only as you commanded me to. Nosdyn said. That you are afraid of me now...of what me and you have created together...that is not my fault.

Your genetics, your seed did this Nosdyn. They have twice rebelled against me because of you. This won't happen again you are going to die, son of Tharak. She said...

Do it. Finish me then... Nosdyn said suddenly. Not like this...I wanted a warrior's death on some distant battle field. I deserved more...I deserved a better more fitting end than this. He could not bring himself to face N'Jal once more. The cycle of betrayal had been completed. Thrice at that point, three different Ettermire women betrayed him. He started to cry at that point not for himself...but for his seed his children. We spawned a whole race together they will not have a father once you do this.

That...did something to N'Jal. She could have smote Nosdyn right where he laid on the ground, but she hesitated for a reason...it was new. Suddenly, A third presence entered Nosdyn's mind. N'Jal looked at Xelldra as she entered Nosdyn's mind...

That was the last thing Nosdyn remembered...

He came to some time later. Days had passed after the horrible torture session was completed. Xelldra was standing next to him, as was Llukai, Tharak and their women.

Xelldra had her hand on his face. She was crying, they all were. "I am so sorry to have put you through this."

Nosdyn sighed, he was in pain from the unspeakable things N'Jal did to him. "It was not your fault..." He said very weakly. "I kept thinking the whole time I just wanted a warrior's death. My people deserve a warrior's death. Being smote by N'Jal is no way to die. How am I still alive?"

"I saved you." She said plainly. "You gave me and the sisterhood a reason to exist beyond N'Jal." Nosdyn realized the entire host of N'Jal and his own creations was in the huge room with him. "You gave us courage to resist N'Jal's will."

"And N'Jal...?" Nosdyn had to ask, he had to know. "What of N'Jal?"

"Banished. For now...there will be other temples, other followers. But we are all free now of her curse."

Nosdyn nodded he was still in a great deal of pain. "My Father would have been proud of you all." He smiled weakly.

Llukai walked over to the bed that Nosdyn laid in. "I have some contacts here in Ettermire, we are safe. I pulled in some favours and explained our situation to them. I finally was able to save you for a change, instructor."

"Thank you all...I cannot express how glad I am for you all she did horrible things to me..." He looked at Xelldra. "She was scared of me...of us...of what we could become on our own."

"It was not her intent to kill you." Xelldra explained. "But rest I will explain it all for when you recover your strength."

Nosdyn
03-26-2020, 11:49 PM
When he came to once more, he saw her by his side. The entire time...hours...days...weeks...centuries maybe. "The locket does look good on you my wife." He said to her as his eyes focused.

"I've never take it off since the night that you gave me it." She said in response. She looked away for a moment. "Can you tell me of her...your mother?" She bit her lower lip softly, unsure if that was an okay thing to ask of him in his current state.

"I'll try. I never knew her directly but father would tell me and my siblings stories...stories of her. She wasn't actually a demon herself." Nosdyn said calmly. "Have you ever opened it and looked at her? It is an old picture of her and somewhat faded but she was actually an elf. My father was in love with an elf...now that I think on it..." He sighed a small piece of the puzzle fell on his lap but he'd changed so much by that point it no longer mattered. "I think I was forced to kill my family because my parents gave birth to half breeds." Nosdyn sighed, he was a warrior though and through but he would always be haunted by his past.

She placed her hand on the side of his face. That gesture reminded him of past loves, but it was still a welcome gesture.

"Father told me, she was always a nurturing woman...very different from the women of my people. She was a lot like you are now. She used to sing." Nosdyn said. "Father told me she died during childbirth of me and my siblings. Maybe, our biological configuration was too much for her body." He sat up at that point. "I learned to love because of mother's teachings to my clan." He looked at her, studying her.

"She gave you the strength to resist N'Jal in the end." Xelldra said, that was the truth.

"It lead me to you." Nosdyn said in response. He took her hand in his hand, for an undead her hand was warm at that point. The effects of the genetic marker in his seed. "Do you still love me, an old demon? After all this time?" He asked of her.

She nodded. "You made me what me and my sisters are today. We owe you so much, Nosdyn."

"You owe me nothing. You already gave me what I need...my purpose." He kissed his woman deeply.

Nosdyn
03-27-2020, 08:45 PM
It felt strange for Nosdyn being in Ettermire after all that time.

No longer a follower of N'Jal...simply just a demon of his people, an elder of his people by that time. He had his own tribe, his own group of followers by that point.

Memories of Ettermire when he was there for the first time haunted him in ever street corner, every block, every establishment reminded him of his past.

"Father was right..." Nosdyn said out loud. Llukai, Tharak and a few others were always around him.

"What is it?" Tharak asked of his father.

"We are at odds with life itself...maybe for all of eternity." Nosdyn rubbed his chin. "I'm sorry you were born into this my boy." He placed his large hand on the boy's shoulder.

"It's okay maybe someday we'll be accepted too." He said to his father.

Llukai looked at the two of them. "I was thinking...she did give us a reason, a purpose."

Tharak looked over at Llukai. "There was a price to pay for it...we all paid a heavy price."

Nosdyn looked up at the afternoon sky and over to his two companions. "Some wars never end, some scars never heal" Nosdyn began. He looked off to his left and could almost see his ghosts of the past haunting him. "Remember my father's teachings. Ours is a tribe that fights." He looked at the two men. "Students state the precepts of House Krotar." Nosdyn commanded.

They did so, reciting each of the combat principles of his father's teachings and his father's father...a long generation of proud Krotar demons.

Once it was done, the lessons for the day, Llukai walked over towards his instructor and best friend. "It was good..." He began. "It felt good to save you for a change." Their own circle completed at that point.

"Your own father would have been proud." Nosdyn said calmly. "I can see how far you've come." There were more lessons, more teachings to instruct the boy on. "Let me ask you something do you still think yourself a mere stupid boy from Ettermire?" Nosdyn asked quietly, folding his arms across his chest.

"No..." Llukai suddenly said. "I am a warrior of Krotar House." He responded with a serious expression on his face.

Nosdyn hugged his long time friend and student. "Your father would be proud of you boy." Nosdyn told his student.

Nosdyn
03-29-2020, 11:07 PM
Many years later...

Nosdyn slept that night. He found himself in the dreaming state once more...but this time...it was a grayed out area of Ettermire herself. He was not prepared for what he would see that night. He was standing there skyclad, he slept skyclad, his wife Xelldra was in his arms in the waking mortal world. He looked around he did not feel the void like he had that one time. He felt something else...a ghost he had not felt in many years...

"Illsandra..." Nosdyn had not forgotten his first love's name. He saw her standing there looking at him with all of her angelic beauty. The mother who could not give him his child...there was no fear or regret or anxiety in Nosdyn. Only a humble awe at the beauty of the woman.

"You've grown." She said calmly. "You found what Ettermire could not give you."

"I found a purpose and a home." Nosdyn said to her.

"You sided with N'Jal." She beamed with an almost pride at saying that. "You did what the bastard priesthood who follow Lloth could not."

"We were able to defeat her, sever the chain that bound us to her." He looked at Illsandra, long had he wanted to hear her voice once more.

"The Thayne are never permanently killed. The one named Joshua Cronen is deluding himself to think he killed Draconus." She looked away for a moment. "They sleep when injured, recovering their state in the slumbering, the dreaming."

Nosdyn kept his ground. "I have missed you. There are many stories to tell you. Our son is a fine young man now."

She smiled upon hearing that. "Our son you say...you know that I could not give you that son."

He shook his head. "The intent was there, the gods saw fit to rob me and you. His mother was never fit enough to be his mother. You would have been better suited." Nosdyn told her the truth in his way of speaking. He walked over towards her and ran his hand through her long and lush hair. "I freed many of her followers with me, when the bond was severed." Nosdyn explained.

"You have a suitable companion now." Illsandra said.

He nodded. "Yes...flesh of my flesh." Nosdyn recited the teachings of N'Jal. "Together we were able to banish N'Jal however temporary."

"You are bound and cursed by her title." Illsandra said. "Long have I begged for you, to see you once more. Do you still bare sorrow and anguish over what happened?"

Nosdyn shook his head. "No...not anymore. But it took N'Jal's power to help me move past my own sorrow and despair. I have missed you so much...but be at peace Illsandra. I have grown, I am not alone anymore."

"You have a purpose now..." She said to him., she was already fading into the aether.

He kissed her deeply at that point, tasting her one final time...

Nosdyn
03-30-2020, 01:48 PM
He was haunted by ghosts....but felt more at peace than he had in a very long time.

He awoke that day normally, like a great weight had been lifted off his shoulder and he kissed his wife's forehead.

He stepped outside of the chamber at the building they were staying at, during Llukai Lancaster's time in the Ettermire military...the boy made contacts and allies. They'd been able to rebuild the one of the old abandoned ghetto style houses of Etteremire into their personal base. They would be left alone.

Illsandra...Xyllea...ghosts of the past. The undead priestess who he'd met in Corone he also remembered.

Llukai was standing there with his woman looking at Nosdyn. Somehow, Llukai knew when Nosdyn would stir and awaken...

The two old friends nodded at one another. "Walk with me." Nosdyn said. He'd put on clothing before he left the chamber that he shared with Xelldra.

Llukai did so. "My father...I think about him a lot lately now."

"You look like him now, boy." Nosdyn said to Lancaster's son. "You have that same ferocity and intellect he had."

"When you first came to Ettermire...you took in me and my friends. Nobody else gave a shit about us." Lancaster's son frowned a moment.

Nosdyn walked over to the boy and placed his large hand on his shoulder. "Don't cling to the past as I once did...learn form it. Learn from past mistakes and past failures. It took me a contract with N'Jal to learn to be at peace with myself." Nosdyn said to Lancaster's son.

Llukai nodded. "Thank you instructor." The boy said carefully. "What's the plan for today?"

"No plan." Nosdyn suddenly said. "We go where ever the ebb of changes takes us. " He said to Llukai. He felt different those days...he no longer saw a group of N'Jal's followers even in himself...he saw a group of freed rebels, outcasts and exiles.

He walked over towards the chamber that his son, Tharak had set up his lab with his companion, Lilly. They were always there working on various projects with the students who were freed from N'Jal. He looked at his son. Tharak turned away from the lessons he was teaching his students and saw his father. The two nodded with profound respect to one another...

Later today we will talk... Nosdyn said the eyes said all. He smiled at his son and nodded once more, before he walked off with Llukai Lancaster.

Ettermire felt different...when he first arrived there the city itself was always at war against itself and against the exiled demon but that time there was a difference. He felt the vibration in the air, it was a city at peace with itself. Demon at peace with his own war.

Nosdyn found himself at the park where him and Xyllea used to train Llukai and his friends. Nosdyn looked at the park, where it all began.

Llukai understood what had guided the two of them there. "Instructor...we are here once more."

Nosdyn looked at his greatest student and nodded to him. "We are going to teach them more. There is a job that needs doing. A fuck left to give to these kids who don't have anything."

"The children of Ettermire." Llukai saw that Nosdyn was already taking off his vest and placing it in his pack.

Nosdyn looked at the orphaned sons and daughters of Ettermire. There was a circle there, a promise that needed to be fulfilled. Xyllea...Illsandra...I have not forgotten my promise to you both. They will be trained.

Nosdyn walked over to the kids. "You are not lost." Nosdyn suddenly said to them.

Llukai stood there, watching Nosdyn and his way of speaking..his mannerisms. Father...you two have made a man out of me. I am not a stupid boy from the slums anymore...

Nosdyn
09-09-2020, 11:16 PM
A century later...

Nosdyn awoke.

He was deep underground in a cave. Fitting. This is a cave for or a tomb...can't really tell the difference. He'd been cut off from N'Jal's forces long since prior when he first entered the coma like state. He had a splitting head ache. Thankfully, he was built to survive extreme traumas and extreme situations. It was his one blessing as a blue skinned orc. He looked around the cavern and noticed that his weapons were placed ahead of him.

He retrieved them a moment later. There was a presence he felt ahead, he narrowed his eyes. He noticed the robed Human woman

She turned towards him slowly. "You're finally awake." She said calmly. "I had to bring you to safety N'Jal's servants prowl this area."

Nosdyn blinked he couldn't understand the language that the woman spoke, it was not common tongue.

"Forgive me, you must have been asleep a very long time." She said in the perfect common tongue.

At that point, Nosdyn could understand her. "Where are we?"

"We're in a cave in the wilds of Alerar. By my reckoning you've been asleep a very long time. At least one hundred years." She said to Nosdyn. "N'Jal put you under a curse."

Nosdyn listened to the situation at hand. A century has passed, all my friends. Gone. He sighed.

"Nod if you understand what I am telling you." She commanded.

Nosdyn nodded.

He was alone once more.

Nosdyn
09-11-2020, 01:25 PM
"I had friends, allies. What happened to them?" Nosdyn asked he frowned at that point. He knew he would not like the answers.

She looked at him. "Your old life has been severed. I am here to offer you a choice, Seed of N'Jal."

"Go on." Nosdyn said in an unusually calm sort of way.

"Your kind is normally just killed. But you have been severed from N'Jal's command by some unknown means." She explained. "I am here to offer you a deal I nursed you this entire time, all century of it." The woman said calmly. "The least you could do is hear me out."

Nosdyn nodded. "You have my attention."

"See Nosdyn, it's like this." She started to lay down the deal.

Nosdyn
09-14-2020, 07:03 AM
A short while later, Nosdyn listened to the woman's offer.

In the past...he was usually the one making such offers but his mind noticed how interesting this situation was.

She gave him a choice he would help her cause or die like a dog. Nosdyn thought about what was stated...he wasn't sure why at that point. But he ended up accepting her offer. "I will help you." Nosdyn said with confidence.

"That is one less detail to worry about then." The woman said calmly. "I've prepared this small cave for you. As for your attire I took the liberty to give you new attire, your N'Jal marks have been destroyed. What I could have anyway...remember what I said normally you and your ilk are just killed." She explained.

"But you're afraid of me." Nosdyn said grimly.

"Yes. I am curious of your skill level and there is what I said earlier. You are somehow able to sever N'Jal's influence. I need to know how you do this thing with such ease." She said calmly.

"I can show you." Nosdyn said calmly.

A short time later...

"Interesting..." She began. "You are able to do it with something in your blood." She licked her lips at that point.

Nosdyn noticed that but said nothing. "Correct. So what happens now?" He asked.

"Most don't get a second chance Nosdyn. You start over, lead a clean life. Use this camp as your base. I am assigned to you and I will stay with you until the remainder of your days."

She had no idea of the nature of Nosdyn's power set.

Nosdyn
03-15-2021, 02:11 PM
He rejected her offer to throw herself physically at him.

Many woman had harmed him from Alerar at that point so his heart was cold.

"Why do you reject me? Am I not to your liking?" She asks.

"It's not that...I'm no longer interested in procreation not with you...not with anyone." He'd given himself fully to N'Jal and he had no more desire to procreate. The N'jal rites had tainted him completely.

She nods gently. "Okay." She took out her sword at that point. "Then you are of no use to me."

Nosdyn blinked for a moment. "Do you jest? You offer me redemption of some sort and then tell me no when I don't take you to my bed? Do you believe me daft?" He asks.

"No I don't think your daft, but I know how dangerous you are and I cannot have you moving about without a handler." She explains.

He shook his head in the negative. "I don't think so. You sit there, threaten me, and then expect everything to be okay? Your dealings with my people are very limited indeed, woman." He hisses.

She steps forward to attempt to attack him.

He skillfully disarms her with the teachings of N'Jal and captures her....

He tortures her for hours on end before she dies. Her screams were the stuff of legends, and he'd been trained by N'Jal herself, he'd had plenty of practice.

Age did not rust his technique.

When it was over he burns her body...

Nosdyn
03-15-2021, 02:24 PM
He was a grim demon by that point in his life, a century later.

He didn't need bullshit love, he didn't need relationships.

N'Jal had purged that desire from him long since.

N'Jal I miss you... He thinks where could she have been banished to. He makes it a point to go rescue his master, but there was other matters. That group that sent the woman to him...they were a guild of some sort.

He had to find out more in this new age of Althanas' history.

He considers his next move after he eats a full meal that day. He was alone, but he was not helpless.

Only the strong survive.

His Father had taught him that, N'Jal had given him the power to take without remoarse.

He steps out of the cave that day and looks around for a moment. It was an afternoon and the sunlight hurts his eyes a little, instinct or perhaps something more. He could sever his tie to N'Jal at will but he chooses not to.

The humans were all the same...

He raises his hood at that point.

Armed with his endurance, two maces, and his wits, he ventures into the wilds of Alerar.

His destiny had always been before him, but the women he'd encountered had made him weak....no more. Never again. He thinks.

From then on, Nosdyn was going to be the Demon his Father, Tharak had trained him to be.

He was Nosdyn Son of Tharak.

His eyes narrow he takes a look at the cave and burn his camp. There would be no evidence of it. He does that and then leaves....he'd spent too much time in cave networks. It was time to show the world...fear.

Nosdyn
03-15-2021, 02:41 PM
He holds the man against the wall grasping his throat.

"Are you going to tell me now?" He asks calmly.

The man was panicked by the Demon grabbing him, his Dark Elf face twisted in fear. "I don't know who sent those people to you..."

"Was only one woman so you do know." Nosdyn said as the man had made a tactical error.

He grabs one of his maces and begins to bludgeon the man.

Hours later he gets the information he needs...he pinpointed the Priesthood, a specific group.

After letting the man live...he didn't care about witnesses this time in his life...he proceeds to the temple where those of the priesthood lay in wait. He would have his revenge.

Nosdyn
03-16-2021, 10:55 AM
He'd been trained and embraced by N'Jal.

A distinct feeling of dejavu affected Nosdyn as he approached the temple of Lloth, the priesthood.

It was just one of many such temples around Althanas...

He was death, he was a follower of N'Jal.

The front guards of the establishment of Lloth look at Nosdyn carefully, that initial moment where they don't attack was a mistake.

Nosdyn proceeds by attacking the guards directly, no remorse. A short while later they are both horribly dead.

He enters that Lloth temple and proceeds to execute all the patrons within.

He doesn't tell them why, there's no need to. They had sent an agent of theirs in attempt to control him and he was a force of nature that could not and would not be controlled.

He starts making his way towards the central chamber where the priesthood gathered...mostly women.

Mostly were going to be dead.

His eyes narrowed and he licks his lips for a moment. He was enjoying that type of carnage. N'Jal had trained him into a killing machine as he was always meant to be. He killed all who got in his way. Only their leaders mattered....

Once he makes his way to the leadership chamber, they are wisely awaited armed and ready for war.

Nosdyn kicks the doors in and enters calmly. The leader, a woman who was a descendant of Xyllea, he could tell by her scent, walks up to him. "What are you doing here?" She asks.

He looks away for a moment then looks directly at her. "You're of Xyllea's blood." He says coldly.

The remark leaves the woman confused for a moment. "How do you know this? Nobody was supposed to know that..."

He frowns for a moment. "The blood never lies. I could smell your scent, it has a familiar aspect that of the Xyllea bloodline." He removes his hood for a moment and looks at her directly. "You know why I am here."

She nods. "Can we work this out?" She begs, and pleads with Nosdyn.

"I once thought your people had honour." He begins. "I was wrong on more than one situation. Your people tried....and failed...to have me killed more than once. You are going to pay for your ancestors sins." He was crazy, that much was clear. "There is nothing to work out here either you kill me and we end this all right now, or I kill you and keep my blood tithe going." He approaches them at that point drawing his maces. There were ten people in the chamber, his mind had already calculated their positions and combat prowess...he proceeds with what he was going to do.

Nosdyn
03-17-2021, 01:40 PM
There it was again...that strange feeling of dejavu.

He knew once in his life, he'd been a simple and lowly enforcer. Working for some underworld guild with their own agenda. He'd grown weary and tired of the games that Humans play with one another. He'd rather approach things in a much more direct method and way. He takes down one of the priests in the eastern most portion of the room. Xyllea's descendant panics and she falls to her knees crying. Fool. He continues to attack and soon nine of the ten people are dead. He walks over to Xyllea's spawn. "I once was in love with your ancestor." He tells her calmly.

He sees that she will not fight, he prefers them to fight. He sheathes his two maces and looks at her. "I'll let you live." He was crazy, he was acting in an erratic state at that point. He looks at the woman calmly. "I've made my point here today anyway and you'd be a boring kill."

She is crying hysterically at that point...

He begins to walk away slowly from the Xyllea bloodline.

Once he loved their people and had accepted their ways as his own.

Once he'd been a fool.

As he walks out of the room he is confronted by a small group of guards of the temple. "Now...this is getting interesting." He says calmly.

A burly male walks up to him. "Cease your blood tithe." He commands.

Nosdyn raises an eyebrow. "And if I don't?"

Nosdyn
03-17-2021, 02:08 PM
A memory haunted him at that point as he looked off to his left for a moment.

He saw the shade of his first lover, Illsandra.

She nods towards him. "Fight with all of your prowess my love."

He nods. He then turns to look towards the burly guard. "You should move now." He says. "Move or die."

The burly guard knows he is serious. The guard is a descendant of Lancaster's brood. This bunch though lacked honour. Nosdyn smelled the scent of Lancaster. "Lancaster..." Nosdyn began. "You're a Lancaster." He looks at the guard calmly. "Your family owes me."

He looks at Nosdyn confused. "How do you know my name?"

Xyllea's descendant walks up behind them for a moment. "He can smell our blood. He knows who we are." She says. "Let him go. I'll explain everything after. Grett Lancaster." She says to the guard, revealing a name.

That was important information. He looks back towards the woman and nods. They part before Nosdyn and he sheathes his weapons. He moves away confidently walking forward and raising his hood. He takes one last look at Xyllea's descendant for closure....

Nosdyn
03-18-2021, 04:54 PM
Once....he'd been hailed a citizen of Ettermire.

That once was a long time ago...and no longer applied.

He walks through the streets of Ettermire, no longer chained to the relationships that once held so much meaning to him.

He walks forward and he ends up in the slums of Ettermire...again that distinct feeling of dejavu strikes him.

His path had come around full circle.

He sees the gates of a run down old park with some children of the Ettermire slums playing children's games of that time period.

He longed for that simpler time of his life at that point. Thinking back to when he once trained the children of the slums.

It had all gone to shit.

He looks down at his hands for a moment, what had happened to it all.

He looks away from the park at that point and begins to walk away from it.

"Hey." She says calmly. The Xyllea woman.

He pauses in his track. He turns slowly towards her.

"Thanks for sparing me back there....you were in your rights to kill us." She says gently to him.

He shakes his head. "Keep your distance."

"I'm sorry for what happened to you." She says and there is sincerity in her voice. Once, he would have been moved by her sincerity.

He looks away for a moment, haunted by the ghost of Illsandra. He turns to look back at the Xyllea woman. "Things happen sometimes....beyond our control everyone did the best they could." He says to her.

"They had no right to treat you as you were treated and N'Jal gained an ally." She says to him.

He nods. "A powerful one." He said with some sense of pride.

"Can you talk with me a few days from now?" She suddenly asks.

His eyes narrow. He hesitates. "I'll see if the mood strikes me." He tells her.

"Fair enough, but I have some information you may be interested in." She says. She gives him a small token. "Come to my place in three nights that marker will let you in." She tells him. "And Nosdyn....I'm truly sorry for what happened."

Nosdyn
03-18-2021, 06:45 PM
That third night, he felt compelled to hear the woman out.

He looks at her carefully with his large arms folded across his chest. He considers what she is saying. "You know where my Son is." He says to her.

She nods. "I do but the information won't be free." She says.

He considers carefully. "No information is free." He says in response. "But you have my attention." He tells her.

"First. You will need my name. Priestess Lucille of Xyllea." She tells him. "I know who you are Nosdyn son of Tharak."

He nods. "Small pleasure." He says with a grim expression. "Now tell me why am I here."

"I know where your son is...but the information will have a price." She explains.

He nods once more. "As is the way of everything." He says grimly. "State your terms." He says.

She hesitates for only a moment. "I'll need your service. Champion of N'Jal."

He raises an eyebrow at that point. "Are you serious? A priestess of Lloth asking such a thing?"

"You know the information I possess is genuine I would not be asking if that were not the case." She says.

He considers. "...Normally I'd say no but this my son it's a special circumstance. You have my attention." He says.

She nods and removes a map from her drawer she pauses before handing it to him. She was being careful. "Only if the bargain is true." She says.

He nods gently. "You have my blade in your service for now. My son is too important."

Nosdyn
03-19-2021, 03:55 PM
"I know that place..." He says with a frown. So...that temple was rebuilt. He thinks to himself as he looks at the map. He wouldn't go right away, there was more to this and he wanted to be sure he wasn't walking into some trap.

She nods. "It was rebuilt about twenty years hence." She says.

"Interesting. Is my son being held there or did he join them on his own." He suddenly asks.

"My lord?" She asks in exchange, clearly confused.

"I asked you a question. Did my son join them on his own?" He asks, he knew his boy he knew what type of man he was.

She sighs and sits down for a moment. "So cold..." She says to him. "Do your people have so much hate towards us..."

"Stop." He suddenly says to her, losing his temper. "If this is our business, we are done." He puts up his hood and prepares to take his leave.

"Wait you owe my family." She says.

He shakes his head. "No...I do not." He says to her. "Will that be all?" He asks and then he takes his leave.

They were desperate and setting him up. He had to ensure his son was at least safe...

Nosdyn
03-19-2021, 10:27 PM
He walks outside of her house at that point, and a moment later Lucille of Xyllea is behind him trying to understand...why of it all.

He pauses for a moment as she catches her breath looking at him.

"Please...don't go." She begs of him once more.

There it was again...that feeling of dejavu. "I don't want to be a part of someone's life like this. We can be allies but I have no interests in anything else." He says plainly to her.

"But why...?" She asks.

"I don't need relationships, romance, physical company." He looks away for a moment seeing Illsandra's ghost once more. He looks at Lucille at that point. "I have no need for relationships at this point in my life. If you need my weapons for a matter I'll assist but you're not getting anything more than that from me do you understand?" BINGO. She was crying at that point. His words hit the point home. He was serious all he needed was N'Jal.

Through her tears she looks at him. "I understand." She says, accepting the grounds of the situation. "Go with peace Nosdyn son of Tharak."

"No." He says to her and leaves.

Nosdyn
03-23-2021, 03:56 PM
A week later....

He finds himself torn....on one hand he had the location of his son. But a few nights prior he ran into one of the Lloth agents who got themselves killed by the Demon. He didn't bother hiding the body there was no need for respect anymore of their laws. Their way of life. He desecrated the agent and left them there out in the open dead.

As he had suspected the Lloth agents were getting desperate.

It was a matter that didn't sit well with him. He had the location of his son, but he could not lead the Lloth Agents there.

The map was no phoney it pointed a temple he'd once attacked under N'Jal's command and it was now rebuilt by his Son.

That begged the question again. A memory recurred in his mind at that point and he remembered what he asked Lucille. Did my son join them of his own accord. Her reaction had been an important clue. He knew time and the events of history had continued on without him as he slumbered he needed to learn exactly to what extent. Generations of people he'd encountered in the past were now prevalent in that century or so he'd been asleep. Against his will or not, he'd been down too long.

He considers his next move that night.

He knew forces were already moving rapidly against him and his family.

He decides to go see his son...Tharak son of Nosdyn.

Nosdyn
03-23-2021, 04:32 PM
He sticks to back alley routes. Hiding away from their agents and the general public. He knows the under awaits. He had to keep himself as untrackable as possible at that point. There were too many eyes on his movements in general he had to be certain that those eyes were kept away from his son. There was no way of knowing if his son would readily be able to welcome him as an ally or not. As was typical of Demon society the strong survived. He makes his way into the under without incident and find out he is not being followed at that point. He has on way of sending messages out to his son so he can only wait and assume his son would be willing to at least speak....

A few hours later he comes across a lone Agent of Lloth who had been spying on his son's movements.

Nosdyn sees the spy and proceeds to engage her. "You're not very secretive if I could find you." They are a few yards out from Tharak's temple.

She turns and looks at Nosdyn. "YOU." She yells. But surprisingly does not attack. "There are matters you do not understand going on here."

"I know enough you're trying to form a network against my son." He says coldly, which wasn't far from the truth. That other Agent of Lloth said as much before she was killed by his hands.

She understands, far too late what had happened. Her other subordinate had been killed. She stands at that point. "What do you intend to do?"

He shrugs. "I'm going to have my way with you and make you enjoy it. You're going back to your people alive, defeated. Nobody messes with my family." He says darkly.

At that point she takes her sword and attempts to stab Nosdyn.

A technique he'd seen before...

Memories from when he used to train the Lancaster family. He grabs her sword and holds her in place. "No." He says to her and tosses her sword harmlessly away.

"H-how did you do that?"

"A generation ago I trained Lancasters to fend for themselves. Now that military tactic has been adopted into your hold. Fools." Nosdyn says calmly and proceeds to take that woman, not for pleasure but to send a message. Nobody harms his family. Hours later he was done forcing himself on her and he surprisingly left her intact.

She's whimpering in a corner after he'd taken her for hours.

"You are going to leave my son and my family alone." He tells her.

She nods, afraid.

Fear....

He licks his lips after and let's her go after. "Go back to your people and tell them your kind are not welcome here." He says to the Lloth Agent.

He does not go to the temple of Tharak until after she is well on her way back to her people...

Nosdyn
03-23-2021, 07:27 PM
A short while later Nosdyn stands before the temple of his son.

He has a grim expression on his face. Mixed feelings torment him, and he has no idea how his son and potential allies will react to his appearance. He's been moving against their enemies: The Temple of Lloth since he awoke. The temple before him stands a beacon in the shadow, glowing with potent energies of darkness. A familiar voice calls to him. The one who chose Tharak as his mate: Lilly a lovely female Undead. She looked much more lively at that point in their existence given that Tharak likely took over keeping the Undead warm.

She greets Master Nosdyn. "My lord so good that you are back with us." She bows towards Nosdyn.

"My son, is he with you all in this temple?" Nosdyn has to know if his hunch is correct.

She nods. "Yes he's here along with several others from when you vanished. Allies people who stayed loyal to you and your son." She explains. "A lot has happened since you vanished." She says.

He nods. "We'll talk on the way inside. I want to speak to my son." Nosdyn says calmly.

His son had grown into a powerful battle mage. Magic was a skill that was uknown to Nosdyn.

They were sitting across from one another at a table. Many female and male undead were present, only Lilly he directly knew. Nosdyn laid it all on them, not mincing his words...he knew he had a manner of speaking to uphold. He was always honest with his son and he spoke with him and his people about the Agents of Lloth. It seemed Nosdyn's arrival was timely indeed.

"We've been aware of Lloth's Temple Agents moving against us for a while now. Months." Tharak says calmly. "Your arrival will serve as a dagger in t heir plans against us." Tharak had matured into a fine strategist.

Nosdyn nodded. "There is more." Nosdyn handed his son the small map. "They know about this temple I took a risk coming here, but it was well calculated and I stopped one of their Agents on the way here." He says grimly.

"I hope you made her suffer." Lilly says.

He nods. "Oh I did." Nosdyn responds calmly. He looks at Lilly and Tharak. "Is she here....N'Jal?" Nosdyn had to know.

Tharak shook his head. "No. N'Jal's movements have never been felt since that last battle with her. She's presumed dormant at this point."

Nosdyn nods. "Too bad I was hoping to speak with her about a matter." He says to them.

"A lot has changed Father. We no longer consider N'Jal an ally, we have to assume the Thaynehood is equally an enemy too." Tharak says. "With the death of Draconus and the banishment of N'Jal we know mortals can harm and even kill the Thaynehood." He says.

Nosdyn considers what is hearing. "I'd like to help you out my son."

"Father, your weapon will be welcome with us." Tharak says.

Nosdyn
03-25-2021, 12:10 PM
That night....

Reunited with my son and my family....my true family.

I can't help but wonder when did it all come around full circle for me.

I find myself in an empty bed chamber perhaps it's for the best...perhaps...

There is a knock on his door.

"Come." Nosdyn says calmly as he sits in an empty bed. He is stunned by who enters the room next. "Xelldra..." He tells the Undead woman who was his wife. He gets up and hugs the woman.

"I'm glad to see you too." She smiles and holds him close. "You were missed." She tells her husband.

He sits on the bed with her. "I am glad you're still alive." He begins. "I was told otherwise."

"By our new enemy no doubt." She says of the Lloth Priesthood. "They can't be trusted." She explains.

"I will have to learn what I am missing of their tactical information." He says to her. "I have learned about them in recent weeks but I don't know as much as you all no doubt have learned. We can combine tactical information." He sees, truly glad to be reunited with her. An ally, his wife.

"You've been through a lot since the last battle with N'Jal." Xelldra says.

He nods. "It's been difficult to process it all." He explains. "I owe you a lot." Nosdyn tells her. He recalled the day she and the other Undead risked themselves to stop N'Jal's hand. "I can't begin to thank you for what was done." He says. In front of his wife he could be relaxed and be himself.

She nods. "I am just glad we were able to save you."

He kisses her deeply. He'd longed for her.

She seems a little taken by surprise by the kiss but melts into it.

Nosdyn
03-27-2021, 01:34 PM
It felt good to be in her arms once more. They'd risked a lot to save him from N'Jal in the previous events and that final battle. He fill her womb with his seed for many hours that night knowing that she'd missed him as well. He warms her up with the sanctum of life. He holds her close after the tenth hour that night of them making love to one another. He knows he'd break most Humans with his endurance and will to go on. He simply holds her after that last time he exploded life into her. She was warm after, warm to the touch, and he held her close. His wife aside from his son his truest ally. Through it all, she'd risked destruction to stop N'Jal's hand. They defeated N'Jal all of them together.

A part of him was almost sad at that realization...

Through N'Jal's design he met his Undead allies.

He only wished he could give his woman, Xelldra, a child.

They speak of many matters that night, catching up on lost time.

Nosdyn
03-27-2021, 09:50 PM
The temple was definitely a good change from the cavern network they lived in before.

He sleeps that night comfortable, sleep used to elude him but he slept more naturally since the century long curse N'Jal placed him under.

He holds his woman closely that night listening to her breathing.

He opens his eyes that morning as she sleeps in his embrace. "I was dreaming of N'Jal." He tells her.

"She affected all of us. But you and your son were far more important." Xelldra tells him.

He considers that. "I lived because of you and your sisterhood." He tells her calmly.

"N'Jal would have destroyed you if left unchecked we could not let that happen to you." She says.

Because of their actions and his own tenacity he was smote but N'Jal and lived.

His body had acquired a scar from where she had struck his chest. Some scars never truly healed. He knew one thing though...The Thayne can be killed and worse by us. We don't need them. He thinks to himself as he lays with her in his arms. He kisses the top of her warm head for a moment.

"I'm glad you came back to us." She tells him.

He nods. His chest rising up and down with every breath.

She gently touched his wild body markings, tattoos they would appear as. They were actually birth marks. She traces them gently with her fingertips.

Nosdyn
03-28-2021, 12:35 PM
Epilog...

Reunited with my son. It is a mixed feeling. Reunited with my wife...that is a very good feeling. N'Jal took a lot or attempted to take away a lot from us. She failed. We were able to defeat her in the end. We knew our victory. Father...we've done it together. We can kill The Thayne. He thinks to himself. He thinks about his own Father a lot that day. Looking at how far his own family had come. His son, Tharak and his woman Lilly had put together their own cult.

Nosdyn had named Tharak after his own Father. The boy was a good boy and had grown powerful. He learned the magical arts, a skill that was forever not known to Nosdyn. They both had different combat capacity. They stand before a meeting table that day talking of their new enemy. The Sisterhood of Lloth, who worked and moved against them. Nosdyn had his arms folded across his powerful chest as he explained to them everything he knew.

He'd encountered and dealt with several Lloth agents.

He told them everything that he knew about their enemy, including that last important detai.

"My son there is something that you all need to know." He begins. "They are using the Lancaster teachings in their military tactics now." He begins to explain the technique that he'd once taught the Lancasters who were now enemies. "One day we may have to fight the Lancasters." He says with notable regret they talk that day, plan and scheme in the darkness.

A new age had dawned without N'Jal they were on their own now.

The End.

Tyr
03-28-2021, 06:42 PM
Thread Title: [Solo] The Nosdyn Chronology Chapter 10
Judgement Type: No Judgement

Nosdyn receives:

4420 EXP
420 GP

If wished to submit this for canon, please submit it to Content Submission (https://www.althanas.com/world/forms.php?do=form&fid=2).

Rewards to be added shortly.

Tyr
03-28-2021, 06:50 PM
Rewards Added