PDA

View Full Version : What Inspired Your Character's Name?

Flamebird
08-22-2020, 09:56 PM
Why did you name your character their name?

Ashla Icebreaker: Ashla was the name of a background character in Star Wars, and was an early name for Ahsoka. Icebreaker sounded cool to me, and I forgot they were a mint brand.

Felicity Knopsnider Rhyolite: Felicity was named after and loosely inspired by Felicity Merriman, an American Girl character. Knopsnider was a name of a teacher I had that sounded neat, so I borrowed it. Rhyolite is a type of stone, keeping in touch with the Eiskaltian tradition of surnames named after rocks and minerals.

Hanuh Toivonen: Hanuh is an alternative spelling of Hannah. I forgot what Toivonen was about...

Mikael
08-23-2020, 12:23 AM
Mikael is sort of play on words with the word Michael, and more specifically the Archangel Michael to match with another Writer's character's Avyriel and our other brother Yvrael (NPC) to go along with the naming schemes of the Archangels:

Michael, Gabriel, Raphael/Uriel

Tyr
08-23-2020, 09:42 AM
What inspired the name Tyr was from Old Norse Mythology. Vythari was pretty much a play on mashing some things together based along the same lines with some Salvar inspiration mixed in. Both fit the character well, and here we are!

Philomel
08-23-2020, 04:43 PM
I liked it and it was already my screenname. It means nightingale. That's really it!

Rehtul Orlouge
08-26-2020, 05:58 AM
Sei told me a number of his characters were just backwards spellings of characters he happened to like.

Rehtul's name is Luther backwards. Luther is the name of the final boss in Star Ocean Till the End of Time, and I like the name.