PDA

View Full Version : Where's the bar?

The Akerfeldt
02-22-2021, 11:58 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm here on the back of a referral from Chris (Shinsou?). Being of the writing / RP persuasion, I'm keen to get on board and I believe you guys have big plans afoot.

I usually play villians on other sites I've written on, so hopefully I can come on board and "ruffle a few feathers". Nice guys finish last (in character, anyway!)

Hope to meet, chat and write with you all soon!

(Time to find a fitting avatar).

Flamebird
02-22-2021, 12:00 PM
Welcome to Althanas, friend! Althy has been lacking in good active villains as of that. Tons of neutrals, but no villains. It will be awesome to have you on board! :)

The Akerfeldt
02-22-2021, 12:04 PM
We can't have that now, can we? Need at least one solid bad guy to cause some drama.

EDIT: Where are my manners? Thanks for the warm welcome, Flamebird!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
02-22-2021, 12:07 PM
Welcome to the show, Ack!

I was going to say feel free to take a look around, but you've already started by the looks of it! My advice for now is to work on your character profile until Monday, and then submit once the new system goes live.

It'll be good to have a proper villian on the site!

The Akerfeldt
02-22-2021, 12:09 PM
Welcome to the show, Ack!

I was going to say feel free to take a look around, but you've already started by the looks of it! My advice for now is to work on your character profile until Monday, and then submit once the new system goes live.

It'll be good to have a proper villian on the site!

No worries.

Hopefully I can succeed where you failed, anti-hero! ;)

Flamebird
02-22-2021, 12:37 PM
Lol I can already tell our characters will be at extreme odds. Akerfeldt is the kind of person Felicity would actually kill.

And Akerfeldt sounds so Scandinavian or Norse, I love it!

The Akerfeldt
02-22-2021, 06:47 PM
Lol I can already tell our characters will be at extreme odds. Akerfeldt is the kind of person Felicity would actually kill.

And Akerfeldt sounds so Scandinavian or Norse, I love it!

I'm actually Norweigan, from Molde! Although I've lived in the UK a while now.

Yeah, I'm likely to cause dramas. That's the thing about the evil; amazing work ethic.

The Akerfeldt
03-22-2021, 06:40 AM
I seem to have disappeared. Apologies for this.

I am back, and I am bad. Let's do some threads.

Nosdyn
04-04-2021, 10:58 AM
good to see a fellow villain writer.

look forward to scheming dastardly schemes with you some day welcome to the site!!!

The Ackerfeldt
11-05-2021, 07:18 AM
Hi again guys. Sorry I've not been around so much! It looks like things have really picked up here.

Just want to thank Shinsou for accidentally deleting my account ;)

Speaking of which do I need to re-register my character? Or does my previous character still stand?

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-05-2021, 07:20 AM
You could just try logging in under the right username. ;)

The Ackerfeldt
The Akerfeldt

The Akerfeldt
11-05-2021, 07:54 AM
Alright, sassy. Calm down ;)

Taskmienster
11-07-2021, 08:22 PM
Welcome back!

So when we writing something? Lol. I've got my little demonic mage who is pretty useless, and then Preston who is trying to build merchant network and about go do so by going underground.

The Akerfeldt
11-11-2021, 05:30 PM
I've struggled to get out of the blocks, so I'd be happy for a bit of inspiration!

Ranger
11-15-2021, 05:48 PM
So where do you want him to start? I have a character, under the Ranger account, that is going to be a pretty 'posh' villain / general asshole across all of Althanas. I was reading over your profile and a few things stood out that I think would be really fun to play on:

1) "He cannot be manipulated emotionally, nor reasoned with."

Arphenion has an ability to create a 'soul link' that allows him to connect to a willing participant and create a link with them. I think it would be interesting if he could create a link with Akerfeldt and be able to use that to connect to a subconscious communication? -- just a thought

2) "His goal is simple; to please The Void Entity, an all-consuming ethereal being that feeds on the souls of the living. Akerfeldt does not have an understanding why this is the case, but doesn't care either. He simply serves both his and the Void Entity's urges for the reaping of souls, granting them both energy."

I am working on, as a personal project, fleshing out the Althanas Mythology and Pantheon as a whole. My character, hates all religion. I don't know what the Void Entity is to Akerfeldt, but it would be something that Arphenion would want to understand further for sure. Also, there's no harm in turning a mindless killing machine on innocents as far as he's concerned...

3) "Akerfeldt is a giant of a man, standing at a whopping 8ft and weighing an incredible 400lbs"

My dude is small, magic based, and while he can fight he would rather sip wine and watch others do it for him. Lol. I like the dichotomy between the two and how they would interact in an RP setting.

So there's my case. If you have reason to be in Salvar or Raiaera I can figure out how to make things work from there. My initial thoughts are an out of the Citadel, no holds-bar, fight between the two. Akerfeldt can't die technically, but Arphenion can certainly run if he needs to... lol. From there we could work it out?