PDA

View Full Version : Cool Forum Features

Max Dirks
02-23-2021, 12:18 PM
Hey everyone.

I want to add some forum perks to supplement badges. For instance, win a contest and get a custom user name, or a larger PM box. Hit a certain level and get access to write in, say Lornius.

I need some idea for some cool rewards you'd want to see. Please post them here and I'll put them in, if I can.

The Akerfeldt
02-23-2021, 02:56 PM
Hey everyone.

I want to add some forum perks to supplement badges. For instance, win a contest and get a custom user name, or a larger PM box. Hit a certain level and get access to write in, say Lornius.

I need some idea for some cool rewards you'd want to see. Please post them here and I'll put them in, if I can.

I like the idea of a special area you can write in, but perhaps not level based. Perhaps it can be a prize (an in character item like a ticket (remember Eon ticket for Pokemon?)) for winning a Vignette or something?

Perhaps we can also get "one use" items that double EXP or GP, for use in a single thread?

I'm not great at this but feel I should contribute! Customs levels and usernames are cool too.

Flamebird
02-23-2021, 04:22 PM
Badges are back! :D Gimmie!

Flamebird
02-23-2021, 08:50 PM
We could have a "story of the month" in the Chronicle with a random IC thread that's of interest, voted on by the entire site or just by the mods. This means you have a chance to have a spotlight in every Chronicle for your work!

Moderator run quests where all participants get less EXP and GP, but get the same spoil (item, ability, etc.) at the end.

Bring back the yearly Althies!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
02-24-2021, 05:50 AM
We could have a "story of the month" in the Chronicle with a random IC thread that's of interest, voted on by the entire site or just by the mods. This means you have a chance to have a spotlight in every Chronicle for your work!

Moderator run quests where all participants get less EXP and GP, but get the same spoil (item, ability, etc.) at the end.

Bring back the yearly Althies!

I like all of this, but we need on-forum activity for Althies.

*stares at the active Discord in annoyance*

Flamebird
02-24-2021, 10:19 AM
*stares at the active Discord in annoyance*

*Stares at empty Flying Stone Tavern threads and games in annoyance*

The Akerfeldt
02-24-2021, 11:52 AM
*Stares at empty Flying Stone Tavern threads and games in annoyance*

Surely though we need people posting in these threads and not spending all their time on the Discord? There seems to be a lot of ghost members haunting those hallowed grounds.

Flamebird
02-25-2021, 12:41 PM
My Flying Stone Tavern Games aren't working. *Pouts*

Flamebird
02-25-2021, 12:44 PM
Oooh!

Writing contests where everyone writes a solo but there are certain requirements for each competition. Such as writing in second person only, a word count limit per post, writing in poetry (like Greek epics), etc.

The winners of these competitions gets beefy rewards, such as an item or ability.

Gum do Mugu
02-25-2021, 01:01 PM
i think the fixation on quality stifles activity. writing something "good" can feel daunting. so, i suggest rewards for quantity (i.e. activity) over quality.

1. a small amount of automatic xp added per ic post regardless of anything.
2. rewards for streaks—7th day in a row of posting ic you get a wedge of xp.
3. rewards for interacting rather than posting solos.

Flamebird
02-28-2021, 09:29 PM
i think the fixation on quality stifles activity. writing something "good" can feel daunting. so, i suggest rewards for quantity (i.e. activity) over quality.

1. a small amount of automatic xp added per ic post regardless of anything.
2. rewards for streaks—7th day in a row of posting ic you get a wedge of xp.
3. rewards for interacting rather than posting solos.

Ooh, I like all of these!

Philomel
03-11-2021, 01:19 AM
These all sound really great!