PDA

View Full Version : The Revival of Forum Perks

Lye
03-08-2021, 03:38 PM
Hey Althanas,

I was thinking about some of the forum perks lately and already made a few Quality of Life changes recently. First off, your avatars went from an 80x80px limit to 100x100px limit because I heard your feedback on how tiny they were. I have also allowed for 100x500px images to be put into signatures because of what you mentioned in discord.

So, I want to open the floor to some other things you think would be nice improvements that Althanas doesn't necessarily need, but would be nice to have. Some of these I may implement. Others, maybe we use those discord points and GP to purchase as a way of rewarding contribution to the community. I'm looking for ways to better engage you and new players on the site.

So, what are some suggestions you may have?

Lye

Suggestions thus far:

Badges
Larger Avatars
Custom Titles
Glow Names

Flamebird
03-08-2021, 07:02 PM
The Dark Vision theme without "template" slapped on it lol

Max Dirks
03-09-2021, 12:13 AM
The Dark Vision theme without "template" slapped on it lol I fixed that a few hours ago, but that’s not what he means by forum perks.

Storm Veritas
03-09-2021, 08:05 AM
Larger avatars will be great, good idea!

I was a huge sucker for the badges, but don't know what are and aren't easy / possible to implement.

Flamebird
03-09-2021, 08:48 AM
I second bringing badges back!

Rayleigh
03-09-2021, 09:09 AM
Custom user titles (the text right below our usernames) would be cool. I loved changing mine when I was staff and had access to it.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-09-2021, 03:57 PM
Badges.
Glowing usernames.
Access to Dirks's personal stash.

Philomel
03-09-2021, 07:39 PM
Oh badges would be cool :)

Lye
03-10-2021, 01:24 AM
I've compiled some of the suggestions to the first post. What are some other ideas or suggestions to help drive some more engagement with forum perks? What about private sub-forums? Animated avatars? Larger image signature space?

What about bringing back Guilds and HQs?

Nosdyn
03-10-2021, 11:16 AM
The perks system was actually a system I really liked.

I think definitely some iteration of the old system and a few new options would work.

I'm not really sure how much my opinions here would really matter.

I think the glow names coming back would be neat. Maybe more glowing options like different colour schematics and stuff like that.

Many of you guys know I'm into MMO's.

One of the ones I really like is Path of Exile. Their in game cash shop offers a lot of quality of life and customizing options.

I think that the site moving towards a direction like that could work.

Maybe not a cash shop out right, but some sort of currency in game we all earn could counter balance. Anyway just my thoughts here.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
03-10-2021, 11:27 AM
What about bringing back Guilds and HQs?

I have no problem with this in the long run, but it needs a proper re-think and activity.

Flamebird
03-10-2021, 12:31 PM
I don't think we have the activity for Player Groups and HQs, as awesome as that sounds.

Stuff like glowy names would be really nice. And once again, badges.

Tyr
05-26-2021, 06:23 PM
I'm going to bring this back into the light. Some forum perks have been implemented as Lye had stated in the beginning which is awesome! Bringing the Badges back is in the works for a return. Is there anything folks may like to see here in the realm of forum perks that hasn't been mentioned yet?

Nosdyn
06-07-2021, 03:29 PM
if we do like a fair way to earn the perks as we go maybe some sort of a AP 2.0 system would work.

I personally think a lot of the old perks were good stuff and more can be added to that. Try a tiered system like done over on Patreon. I think as long as any additions are not too complex should be pretty good!

I'm definitely interested in some glowing user names myself!

ill add more feedback as I come up with stuff for sure.