PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment thread: Starwing's Revenge

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
08-20-2021, 07:20 AM
A while ago, we featured a couple of really cool boss battles. The first one was the fire-elemental dragon, Sunwing, who had been terrorising the Twilight Mountains. The second was Sunwing's mother, Moonwing, who was much bigger and meaner than lil 'Wing ever was. Both battles required a large group of people to fight.

So, I figured that the missing element in the triology would be the absent father, Starwing.

Now, we aren't as active as we used to be, so having a large group of people to do this and someone to run DM on Starwing is a big ask. I'll be DM'ing Starwing for this.

Since the destruction of Sunwing and Moonwing, the Twilight Mountains and the surrounding areas have had their safety secured. However, rumours persist of a third dragon witnessed leaving the old nesting ground, taking flight towards the island of Corone.

Witness accounts place the dragon as having glimmering silver scales, with a body the size of a galleon, but it has never landed to feed or to rest and has stayed aloft for the duration of its migration. It was last rumoured to have been spotted over the ocean by deep sea fisherman, bearing towards Tylmerande.

Starwing will be a tough opponent. Its abilities will mostly remain a secret until it is encountered, but it is rumoured to be able to cast powerful weather-related magic and summon storms. This is on top of its mighty draconic presence.

Spoils will be rare and defintely worth your time!

Please register your interest below!

Nosdyn
08-20-2021, 08:17 AM
Yo Chris, being as to I'm one of the most active doods on site. Colour me interested. I know activity has been down on the site for a while. But I want to help bolster things. Message me the details. I can throw Nosdyn in the front lines. I'm hesitant to do dm roles though as I don't do that good in leadership roles. Either way yeah I'm down man. I can at least post frequently.

Flamebird
08-20-2021, 08:47 AM
Sign me up!

Gum do Mugu
08-24-2021, 09:48 PM
go ed la put me down

Philomel
08-25-2021, 02:46 AM
I now have time for this. Yes.

Rehtul Orlouge
08-25-2021, 04:16 PM
I will join as Drago probably

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
09-01-2021, 07:10 AM
I'll give this another couple of days, and then get rocking.

Gum do Mugu
09-11-2021, 09:24 PM
hype

Nosdyn
09-22-2021, 08:56 AM
Yo Shin is this still gonna be a thing? Just making sure you're okay mate. Hit us up with some sort of an update soon.

Preston
09-26-2021, 09:38 PM
If you can find a way to have a fresh, 0 magic character with no experience join the fight... I am sure I can find a way to make it work. Preston is interested in trade/mercantile and all things rare. I can get something in at least once a day, maybe twice. I'm trying to get back on to be more creative again and have some fun. =)

Celandine
09-30-2021, 01:15 AM
Shinsou, do we have an update on this?

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-01-2021, 05:08 AM
If there is no-one else interested, then the thread will open on Monday 4th October.

Nosdyn
10-01-2021, 07:45 AM
very good bro I'll definitely be able to post often. So ill be there for sure.

Gum do Mugu
10-03-2021, 10:51 AM
dope

Nosdyn
10-04-2021, 04:38 PM
Guys I could use a few prayers and kind thoughts.

I fell this week outside of my building n hurt my hand.

I been recovering pretty okay gotta have a doctor look at my leg. My leg gave out on me, and I fell straight down. Thankfully I was able to catch myself before causing serious harm. Its how my hand got hurt. Preciate the patience someone else can take my spot in this quest. Thanks for understanding. Shin, add me on Discord so we can chat about some matters.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-05-2021, 08:03 AM
Hope you get better soon Pav!

Sorry for the delay on this. I was going to have it oven ready for yesterday, but I lost my essay post for Rehtul and got distracted with my solo. Bad Shin.

I'll work on getting a solid opener up tonight.

Nosdyn
10-05-2021, 11:26 AM
good luck with everyone who can stick this one out. Apologies I can't participate it's my hand I'm having a difficult time writing.

You'll all be glad to know that my hand is healing fine. I did get a few scrapes n cuts though.

But I'm hanging in there. I'm gonna apply more of the first aid stuff later today too. thanks for understanding all.

but yeah Shin it's all good irl always comes first hope you're also okay mate.

Stay cool n stay safe. (Pardon spelling atm I have to be careful of my hand.)

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-12-2021, 08:42 AM
OK everyone. This one is going to be put on the backburner, because hopefully we'll have something much better for you in the coming weeks. Stay tuned in Discord!