PDA

View Full Version : Old Member

Bare Minimum
08-28-2021, 09:34 PM
Hey guys,

It is funny how things end up turning. One day you are a teenage boy roleplaying with some friends, the next day you are a grown-up with a family of your own.

I first joined Althanas back in 2004 (16+ years ago, wow) with some friends. We had a blast. Some of them stayed longer that I did. I guess life catches up to you eventually. College came and went, then work, climbing the corporate ladder, marriage, having kids. I would come back and create a new character from time to time, had it approved and all, then posted one or two posts. But it never went beyond that. I guess I did not have enough time, or simply was too focused on other things.

Coronavirus has touched all of us one way or another. It is one of those things that simply permeates into every aspect of your life. It came knocking on our door, and now we are in quarantine. We are all good. Both my kids are fine now (just had a mild fever), and my wife is vaccinated so she only got chills. I am still free of it, though. I guess it is just a matter of time, but I trust I will come out of it safe and sound.

The funny things is that this time "alone" at home has got us all closer. We play board-games, watch TV, catch up with a couple of my daughter's favorite youtubers. I am now into gardening, and looking forward to my first batch of tomatoes.

This has also given me time to re-visit old projects. I have an epic fantasy book series all thought up in my head. It is something that I have been crafting and molding for many years, but never really had the chance to set in ink, or type it. Guess type it. Writing in paper is too much of a hassle. My native language is Spanish. I believe that English is better fit to Epic Fantasy, so if I ever decide to set my ideas into words I would like to do it in English.

I guess that is why I am here. I would like to practice. I apologize if my posts are too long. That's just how I like to write. Upon completing a thread I will ask for a complete evaluation from the mods. I certainly will appreciate any feedback from them or from anyone. Feel free to PM me at any time.

Well, I guess that's that. Just wanted to reach out to you guys, let you know who I am and what's going on this side of the screen.

It feels good to be back.

Flamebird
08-28-2021, 11:27 PM
Welcome back!

I've been on Althy since 2014, I think. It is always awesome to see old faces back here! Please let the mods know if you have any questions. We also has a very active Discord! :)

Rehtul Orlouge
08-29-2021, 01:58 AM
I've been aroun since '02, so I probably remember you. You'd know me best as MetalDrago, I'd think. Welcome back! Hope to see you around more. Got a name I'd remember you by?

Bare Minimum
08-29-2021, 10:58 AM
Thank you guys.

Flamebird, will do. Thanks.

Rehtul, sure I remember MetalDrago. I was known back then as Annon no Shisa.

Nosdyn
08-29-2021, 07:38 PM
I barely recall your character dude welcome back though.

I know some of my family members were claimed by covid 19 so I can understand how you feel about this whole situation.

I have a twisted memory and remember almost everybody that has come across this site on some level and was at least active.

My name is Pavel, I strangely recall rping with you at one point. (I was Lorenor/Elthas and my main is now Nosdyn)

Either way it goes your writing style is fantastic and really an inspiration to me. Glad you're back on the site. Look forward to working with you at some point mate. (Shameless plug I have two open threads atm. Chapter 11 in Alerar and an open battle. If you're feeling brave I'd love to have a good match up with you mate.) Stay safe though and I for one am glad to have you back with us.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
08-31-2021, 08:50 AM
Hey guys,

It is funny how things end up turning. One day you are a teenage boy roleplaying with some friends, the next day you are a grown-up with a family of your own.

I first joined Althanas back in 2004 (16+ years ago, wow) with some friends. We had a blast. Some of them stayed longer that I did. I guess life catches up to you eventually. College came and went, then work, climbing the corporate ladder, marriage, having kids. I would come back and create a new character from time to time, had it approved and all, then posted one or two posts. But it never went beyond that. I guess I did not have enough time, or simply was too focused on other things.

Coronavirus has touched all of us one way or another. It is one of those things that simply permeates into every aspect of your life. It came knocking on our door, and now we are in quarantine. We are all good. Both my kids are fine now (just had a mild fever), and my wife is vaccinated so she only got chills. I am still free of it, though. I guess it is just a matter of time, but I trust I will come out of it safe and sound.

The funny things is that this time "alone" at home has got us all closer. We play board-games, watch TV, catch up with a couple of my daughter's favorite youtubers. I am now into gardening, and looking forward to my first batch of tomatoes.

This has also given me time to re-visit old projects. I have an epic fantasy book series all thought up in my head. It is something that I have been crafting and molding for many years, but never really had the chance to set in ink, or type it. Guess type it. Writing in paper is too much of a hassle. My native language is Spanish. I believe that English is better fit to Epic Fantasy, so if I ever decide to set my ideas into words I would like to do it in English.

I guess that is why I am here. I would like to practice. I apologize if my posts are too long. That's just how I like to write. Upon completing a thread I will ask for a complete evaluation from the mods. I certainly will appreciate any feedback from them or from anyone. Feel free to PM me at any time.

Well, I guess that's that. Just wanted to reach out to you guys, let you know who I am and what's going on this side of the screen.

It feels good to be back.

I remember you (you might remember me as Canen Darkflight).

Welcome home, man.

We're all old now, but we've still got the heart!