PDA

View Full Version : Awards are back - claim yours here!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-13-2021, 08:32 AM
One of the features that most gets mentioned as most missed is the awards system, which is now back up and running!

There is a large selection of awards already available, which are listed in the table below, but more will become available with time. In order to claim yours, please post in this thread (and link evidence of your achievement where required) and the badge will be bestowed upon you in due course!

Please note that due to display issues, only four of your obtained badges will currently display on the face of your posts. The full awards you have received can be found on your profile page, under the awards section.

Please note that awards from prior versions of Althanas will be re-issuable if you can link to the threads (or it's common knowledge you earned the award).

The full list of available achievements at the moment are:

Level 5 - Reach Level 5
Level 10 - Reach Level 10
Level 15 - Reach Level 15
Just the Beginning - Finish a thread with at least a score of 55 (full rubric) or 6 stars (normal judgment).
Writing the Future - Finish a thread with at least a score of 65 (full rubric) or 7 stars (normal judgment).
Legendary Tales - Finish a thread with at least a score of 75 (full rubric) or 8 stars (normal judgment).
Judge's Choice / Althanas Choice - Scored 75 (full rubric) or 8 stars (normal judgment) and above on a thread, and received a recommendation from staff!
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! - Won a Citadel match!
The Ten Point Club - Won a Citadel match by ten points or more!
Professional Job - Won an Althanas tournament match!
Happy Shopper - Purchased an item from the Bazaar.
More Money Than Sense - Spent over 8,000 GP in the Bazaar in one transaction.
David and Goliath - Defeated a character at least ten levels ahead in the Citadel.
Return of the Dragon - Defeated Starwing.
Heart of Oak - Purchase a vessel from the Bazaar.
Globetrotter - Complete at least one thread in each Althanas region.
Secret - Not Yet Revealed
Core Member - Awarded to core members of the community for their contribution to Althanas!
Top Tier - Own an Adamantine weapon or armour.
Apocalypse Now - Participated in the Featured Quest "The End of All Things"
King of the Hill - Won the Adventurer's Crown
Best Supporting Character - Reached 2nd place in the Adventurer's Crown
Tough Act To Follow - Finished 3rd in the Adventurer's Crown
The Corporate Ministry - Won the Lornius Corporation Challenge!
Tag, you're it! - Finish 2nd in the Lornius Corporation Challenge
The Bronze Brothers - Finish 3rd in the Lornius Corporation Challenge
Striking Gold - Won the Serentii Invitational!
Going Places - Reached 2nd place in the Serentii Invitational
Third Place the Charm - Reached 3rd place in the Serentii Invitational
Dead to Rights - Permanently kill your character on Althanas.
Althy Award - Awarded for winning an annual Althy Award.
Perfect Profile - Awarded to those with an easy to read, easy to approve, and unique profile.
Making a Statement - Won an Althanas vignette
Player Killer - Awarded to those that have killed another player's character permanently.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-13-2021, 08:52 AM
Shinsou Vaan Osiris Awards

Level 5, 10 and 15 - Self Explanatory.

Just the Beginning, Writing the Future and Legendary Tales - Unleashed (https://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php/2271-Unleashed-(Closed-to-Storm-Veritas)), Old dogs, new tricks (https://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php/1704-Old-dogs-new-tricks-closed), The Cleansing Corruption (Oldthanas JC - will link when site is back)

Judge's Choice - The Cleansing Corruption (again, will link when Oldthanas is back up)

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! - Fallout: Nuclear Rage (https://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php/1761-Fallout-Nuclear-Rage/page2)

Professional Job - Defeated Flames of Hyperion and Christoph with Elite Optic in the 2016 Lornius Corporation Challenge (Oldthanas - will link when back up)

Happy Shopper - Self explanatory.

Apocalypse Now - Participated in The End of All Things, specifically the Siege of Radasanth (https://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php/1682-The-Great-Siege-of-Radasanth-(FQ-Main-thread))

Making a Statement - November 2019 winner (cheeky as fuck, I know, but I won one on Oldthanas before this) (https://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php/1860-November-Vignette)

Althy Award - Numerous Althies over numerous years, mostly Oldthanas.

Nosdyn
10-13-2021, 08:53 AM
(Some of this i done on my old character lorenor but im claiming them as Nosdyn since i no longer use alts)

I have a few to claim:

reached level 5! (i am level 7 now atm)

Legendary tales! (on lorenor I was scoring 80+ consistently before the JC award so I'm not going to try to claim that one)

Won matches. (On lorenor i had a consistent win streak with him for a while)

Happy Shopper. (I frequent the bazaar a lot on almost all of my characters. On Nosdyn I completed a few purchases too)

Apocalypse Now-(i was one of the key people in that thread in question with Lorenor. I'd like to claim that as Nosdyn if at all possible)

those are the ones I can think of that I qualify for. Hope you guys can help me out. thanks for providing this sort of content shin. I know I'm asking for a bit here but especially with Apocalypse Now award I know i was def in that thread so long ago. And got a lot done.

Thanks for the assist in advance bro much appreciated!

~Pavel/Nosdyn

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-13-2021, 09:01 AM
They've all been added! I've also added the Althy Awards as well, because I know you won a few on Oldthanas.

Nosdyn
10-13-2021, 09:07 AM
yo baller thanks for the assist my man. As you know I no longer alt.

I'm trying to go all the way with Nosdyn.

So your help is muchly appreciated youre the man bro!

~Pav

Gum do Mugu
10-13-2021, 10:05 AM
i finished second in the 2017 ac (i think it was 2017). it was the year with tony's cat people. i also won a couple of vignettes at some point? i gotta check on the old site to be sure.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-13-2021, 06:50 PM
Added those, and a few more I knew about.

Gum do Mugu
10-13-2021, 08:55 PM
well in shin lad. alright for a manc you you know.

Flamebird
10-14-2021, 12:58 AM
Legendary Tales, Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, Althy Award, Making a Statement.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-14-2021, 03:11 PM
All added!

Philomel
10-15-2021, 03:49 AM
Level 5 - Reach Level 5
Just the Beginning - Finish a thread with at least a score of 55 (full rubric) or 6 stars (normal judgment).
Writing the Future - Finish a thread with at least a score of 65 (full rubric) or 7 stars (normal judgment).
Legendary Tales - Finish a thread with at least a score of 75 (full rubric) or 8 stars (normal judgment).
Judge's Choice / Althanas Choice - Scored 75 (full rubric) or 8 stars (normal judgment) and above on a thread, and received a recommendation from staff!
Return of the Dragon - Defeated Starwing.Globetrotter - Complete at least one thread in each Althanas region.
Core Member - Awarded to core members of the community for their contribution to Althanas!

I can add links if you need but I think I have all these.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-15-2021, 07:54 AM
Level 5 - Reach Level 5
Return of the Dragon - Defeated Starwing.Globetrotter - Complete at least one thread in each Althanas region.

I can add links if you need but I think I have all these.

I can add all of these except Starwing, as that quest hasn't started yet. You might be confusing Starwing with one of the other previously defeated dragons (Sunwing, Moonwing).

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-15-2021, 08:08 AM
All added!

Tyr
10-15-2021, 05:06 PM
Great work getting these live, Shin!

Storm Veritas
10-16-2021, 07:25 AM
Welp, this is a tough one.

Level 5 - Reach Level 5 (done)
Level 10 - Reach Level 10 (done)
Level 15 - Reach Level 15 (done)
Just the Beginning - Finish a thread with at least a score of 55 (full rubric) or 6 stars (normal judgment). (done)
Writing the Future - Finish a thread with at least a score of 65 (full rubric) or 7 stars (normal judgment). (done)
Legendary Tales - Finish a thread with at least a score of 75 (full rubric) or 8 stars (normal judgment). (done)
Judge's Choice / Althanas Choice - Scored 75 (full rubric) or 8 stars (normal judgment) and above on a thread, and received a recommendation from staff! (done)
Professional Job - Won an Althanas tournament match! (Serenti, done)
Happy Shopper - Purchased an item from the Bazaar. (done)
Core Member - Awarded to core members of the community for their contribution to Althanas! (done)
Apocalypse Now - Participated in the Featured Quest "The End of All Things" (done)
Best Supporting Character - Reached 2nd place in the Adventurer's Crown (first one?)
The Corporate Ministry - Won the Lornius Corporation Challenge! (done, 2018? no idea when)
Striking Gold - Won the Serentii Invitational! (done, 2014? who the hell knows)
Althy Award - Awarded for winning an annual Althy Award. (done, anti-hero)
Making a Statement - Won an Althanas vignette (done, again, long time ago)

Obviously a lot of these are quite old. I'm happy to dredge through anything that is questioned here; Shin I can PM exchange with you anything you need to fact-check.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
10-18-2021, 04:22 AM
In fairness, I remember most (if not all) of your big ones.

All added, and also tacked on the Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner! award for winning a Citadel match.

Ranger
11-15-2021, 08:30 PM
Claiming as Ranger only:

Reach level 5
Just the Beginning
Writing the Future
Legendary Tales
Judge's Choice/Althanas Choice - LCC finals of 2006 https://www.althanas.com/oldworld/showthread.php?2042-Final-(18)-Circus-v-(2)-Sons-of-Terrinore/page2
Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner - multiple times though I can do it again if you need
The Ten Point Club - Was done against an opponent of the RH back in 2005 for Ranger specifically, but I've done this multiple times
Happy Shopper - Ranger owns the Bazaar in the past, will again soon
More Money Than Sense - Spent money on buying multiple wagons, mules, mining equipment, etc and it was over 10k
Globetrotter - Written in every region, current and past
Top Tier - My Hromagh's blades are a mix of mythril and adamantine
Dead to Rights - I killed Ranger completely

I finished with a JC score for the LCC in 2006, but not sure if there's a badge for that...

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-16-2021, 08:23 AM
All awards added!

Elite Optic
11-16-2021, 02:42 PM
Man I've nearly forgotten this stuff from years past. I cannot remember exact threads or whatever, but I've also not won anything significant bar potentially the 3rd placed LCC with Shin, who can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure we did though... went out in the semi's to the eventual winners Storm and someone else...

Just The Beginning
Writing the Future
Winner winner chicken Dinner
The Ten Point Club
Professional Job
David & Goliath
Core Member
The Bronze Brothers <--- Shin, please confirm, did we get third or forth in the LCC together?
Althy Award

Storm Veritas
11-16-2021, 04:05 PM
Man I've nearly forgotten this stuff from years past. I cannot remember exact threads or whatever, but I've also not won anything significant bar potentially the 3rd placed LCC with Shin, who can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm pretty sure we did though... went out in the semi's to the eventual winners Storm and someone else...

Just The Beginning
Writing the Future
Winner winner chicken Dinner
The Ten Point Club
Professional Job
David & Goliath
Core Member
The Bronze Brothers <--- Shin, please confirm, did we get third or forth in the LCC together?
Althy Award

Great to see you! Memory serves that you narrowly lost to Rayse and I, which would put you third. I hope you're still around and would love to write with you again!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-17-2021, 10:08 AM
Yep, you're both right. We got third place in the 2016 LCC.

I'll get those badges added!

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-17-2021, 10:17 AM
All badges added, Elite.

On the back of that, I too am claiming the following:

The Bronze Brothers - Finished 3rd in the 2016 LCC
David and Goliath - Beating Flames of Hyperion and Christoph in round 1 of the 2016 LCC while being at least ten levels behind

Rehtul Orlouge
11-23-2021, 02:59 AM
David and Goliath. I defeated Sei in a battle when I was level 3 and he was level 16

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-23-2021, 07:12 PM
Added! Thanks Rehtul