PDA

View Full Version : The Next Althanas Tournament

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
11-15-2021, 11:59 AM
It has been forever since we last had the activity or inclination to hold a tournament. Personally, I love them. Not only do they attract the best Althanas has to offer, they also allow our newer members to get a sense of what we're about, and have a great deal of fun doing it!

So, here's the question. Which Althanas tournament would you like to see next?

- The Serenti Invitational: A bracketed one-on-one slugfest. It's a traditional PvP knockout competition, and one of our most popular. Fighters from all around the globe gather at the behest of an invitation!

- The Lornius Corporation Challenge: A bracketed two vs two competition, and an absolute fan favorite! Grab a partner and prep your story!

- The Gisela: War never changes. This is Althanas's premiere army versus army competition. Rally your troops, pick your generals, and clash head to head for the title of Gisela Champion!

- The Cell: All competitors fight at the same time within a giant cage!

- The Adventurer's Crown: The Adventurer's Crown is best known as Althanas' official quest based tournament. There are no PvP battles to speak of; instead, you will be set a scenario and get your most creative hat on to quest to victory!

- The Lindenhurst Games: A completely new tournament added to the roster recently, the Lindenhurst Games can accomodate for as little as four entrants, with no maximum! The Games consist of (initially) three rounds and each entrant is scored per round. Each round’s “Game” and “Game arena” will be decided by the tournament overseer before the beginning of each round. It could be something as simple as “Capture the Flag”, or something more elaborate such as item hunting or even character hunting. Who knows what will happen!

Vote above and discuss away!

Storm Veritas
11-15-2021, 12:28 PM
Voted for the AC because it's been a long time, but expect Lindenhurst to win and would be very happy with that as well.

Elite Optic
11-15-2021, 02:15 PM
Adventurers Crown.

Gum do Mugu
11-15-2021, 02:31 PM
i really wanted to vote for the lcc. but went with lindenhurst because it sounds super engaging round to round. i had a lot of fun in the ac 2017 tho, so would be cool to do that again too.

Preston
11-15-2021, 04:55 PM
I think I accidentally voted for both the Serenti and Lindenhurst. I think the Lindenhurst would be fun and different, but I just love a good 1v1 or 2v2 (LCC) tourney too. I liked the AC, but the two times I tried I ended up basically writing solo and that was no fun for me. Lol

Gum do Mugu
11-15-2021, 06:21 PM
the two times I tried I ended up basically writing solo
it's a real slog of a tournament, that's for sure. but if it does win the vote, it could be adapted to our current context?

shin, do you guys have any plans for the ac's format if it wins?

Ranger
11-15-2021, 06:28 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love the AC, it's great. I think a tournament that is purely based on writing and has no battles or anything is one of the most ingenious versions of competitive writing I've seen on the site. I just worry about the current climate, yes, but actually less so in an odd way than the writing climate of when we had 10x the number of people on the site. Because I feel like we have a dedicated enough group to make it happen?

Gum do Mugu
11-16-2021, 08:04 PM
my dudes we should have a runoff. we have votes for serenti, cell, and gisela. would be fair if we gave those people a chance to choose between lindenhurst and ac.

Preston
11-16-2021, 10:05 PM
I like that, though as someone who voted for something else, I'm going to just go with AC I think... lol

The Akerfeldt
11-22-2021, 12:38 PM
Being built for PvP, I would't say a quest based tournament would be top of my list but i'm strangely looking forward to the Adventurer's Crown! Might give me a chance to lay down some lines with some big hitters - and maybe even Shin! ;)