PDA

View Full Version : Corone Hearts Gather...

Nosdyn
01-21-2024, 06:54 AM
(Note: this project is open to ALL! Note # 2: use of Liquid Time between Kalestiya and Nosdyn in effect! Enjoy doods! Note#3: We're back in Ettermire thanks to a Cool teleport. Gonna switch this to a Mature thread thanks for understanding! Note#4: Guys this thread will feature the DEATH of N'Jal we're gonna attempt to make this canon. If you guys wanna join its fine. We have a plan here!)

One night it happened...

He was in Ettermire one moment going about his business...

Suddenly, he awoke in Corone. The environs looked completely different and he gussed he was in Concordia Forest at that point. A splitting headache wore off at that point and he had to blink a few times to reorient his sight. He was whisked away to Corone, that much he knew but he did not know the purpose.

It was night which provided ample cover. He began to gather resources from the forest to make himself a rudimentary camp. Thankfully, it was summer time so it was very hot. He liked heat in general. The blue orc readied his camp and soon had a campfire goinog. He had to figure out for what purpose he was summoned. He didn't understand the mysteries of the Thayne. He ate calmly a freshly caught creature of the forest. The forest could provide all needs of survival.

He knew how to harvest all of the resources he needed.

Years of living in the wilderness taught him that, once he slept in cavern floors with the followers of N'Jal. Once he was a lowly follower of N'Jal. The dark thoughts bothered him for a moment.

That was years ago. The healer Kalestiya severed his ties to N'Jal and afforded him a new lease on life. As he ate many thoughts were considered. It was night time, mist swirled about the forest. Fireflies danced around the camp calmly. He readied a lantern to provide some light. He was not expecting company but it could happen and he knew it. He was waiting for some clue to pursue as to why he was summoned.

He sat on a comfortable camp supply bed roll. Eating he had with him a bunch of rudimentary supplies to survive out in the wild. His senses caught something moving just outside of his vision. His eyes narrowed. "I know youre there." He called out into the night.

Soon after, a follower of Hromagh emerged from the darkness. "Very good child of Demons." She paused for a moment and greeted the Demon Lord. "May I join your camp?"

He nodded. The Thayne were a mysterious lot.

She sat down next to him.

He looked at her carefully observing.

"Never seen one like you before." She said.

"There are not many like me." He added knowingly.

^(Enter here)

Nosdyn
01-26-2024, 12:54 PM
"Don't come any closer." Nosdyn suddenly said to her.

She became startled by that. "I just wish for you to join us..."

Nosdyn acted. He took his prevalida sword and stabbed the woman in the stomach. "Your temple." He began. "Where is it."

She told him the location of the temple of Hromagh in Corone. Nosdyn had a grim expression on his face. At that point, a mysterious individual appeared wearing a interesting set of robes.

He looked at Nosdyn. "Child." He began. "I have a job for you should you decide to take it."

As the woman died, he sheathed his sword, kicking her once. "Never again will I obey the Thayne." He spit on her dying body.

Cool looked at Nosdyn. "But yes I have a job for you."

"Go on." Nosdyn said.

"The temple of Hromagh I wish for you to destroy it and kill all of it's folowers." Cool said.

"We are in agreement." Nosdyn said. "The greater Thayne should all fall."

Cool nodded. "Yes. I only need you to kneel my son."

Nosdyn kneeled before Cool. "May I know your name sire?"

"My name is Cool. I am seeking something you have joined my journey." He paused for a moment. "I will remain here. The temple do destroy it for me my son." He said.

"As you decree my lord." Nosdyn raised his hood and began to travel to the temple on foot...

Nosdyn
01-29-2024, 04:51 PM
Once he was a lowly servant of N'Jal.

That all changed when a woman named Kalestiya severed his ties to N'Jal. N'Jal even saying her name made his blood boil with rage. He a child of the Tular Plains reduced to fighting for scraps as a servant of N'Jal. Never again! He swore he would end the Greater Thayne himself with his own bare hands. A mortal could kill the Thayne it was proven! Nosdyn had a maelstrom of thoughts in his mind as he slowly marched to Hromagh's temple.

Fireflies danced around the temple as the shadowy killer approached it that night.

Guards were lazily falling half asleep due to lack of action.

Pathetic.

He would kill them all.

As Nosdyn approached, there were no words. There was no hesitation. There was merely a fluid action of one consequence. Murder. He would Kill. Them. All. His prevalida sword singed through the night air as he slashed at the two front guards. One fell immediately as he was cut down. The other reacted too late. He managed a muffled scream as he was cut in half and destroyed. The silent killer made his approach into the temple...

Nosdyn
01-29-2024, 05:25 PM
He moved silenly and with a purpose.

Cutting down any he came across. There was no negotiation, no demands, no mercy given. ALL were cut down. He entered room after room and destroyed all he came across. His eyes were seething with rage. His black heart was pumping angrilly. His eyes were narrowed and steely with rage. He cut down all he came across.

"Why are you doing this?" A guard asked him.

Nosdyn merely moved on the guard and took the man's head off. "You are all going to die." Nosdyn said finally as he cut down another and another. His rage was without bounds. Murderous glory. He made his way into a chamber of a bunch of priests. NOW. This would be interesting. He thought to himself as they began to channel their smite spells.

An initial burning sensation pierced Nosdyn's flesh.

He could survive a small tactical nuke landing on his head. He was well trained by that point. One of the priests were cut in half and killed immediately. "There is nothing to say defend yourselves!" Nosdyn yelled with rage. He moved on the nearest of the priests as they channeled their spells again to no avail. Nosdyn cut them all down. A few moments later it was over.

He was covered in their blood. He had not realized their blood had been spilled on him. He looked at the dead bodies everywhere. Assuming he was done, he prepared to take his leave of the temple...

Nosdyn
02-07-2024, 12:32 PM
A few hours later...it was over.

The temple of Hromagh fell to the last man.

This is the first step... Nosdyn thought to himself. Grimly. As he stepped outside of the temple, something happened. A familiar person was waiting for him outside. Memories sparked from the past. "You...." Nosdyn said.

She removed her hood. She was a follower of N'Jal. LILLY. She looked at him with sad eyes. She had been a lover at one point.

Nosdyn's chest rose up and down with exctement. "What do you want?" Nosdyn asked.

She looked at Nosdyn carefully. "Heard you got free." She sighed. "Didn't think that was possible."

Nosdyn sheathed his weapon. Lilly was not a threat...not yet. "Men can kill the Thayne." Nosdyn said plainly.

She knew Nosdyn had come a long way without N'Jal. Once he was just another lowly servant. Now...he was so much more. She looked at him. "How did you do it, how did you free yourself?"

Nosdyn hesitated for a moment. "There is a Healer, she works them miracles." Nosdyn paused. "Tell our people they can be freed."

"Who are they?" Lilly pleaded with Nosdyn. "I need the name."

"...The healer is named Kalestiya." Nosdyn said. "Lilly. Come with me." He pleaded with her.

She considered. "I've done too much Nosdyn." She sighed. "It has been years since you left. Things have happened. I don't know if they can welcome us now."

He nodded knowingly. "They accepted me. I'm a Demon. They will accept you too." He extended his hand out to her. "Come with me." He asked pleading once more.

"I can't Nosdyn not while N'Jal yet lives." She paused for a moment preparing to leave. She had a name. She planted the seed of a mission in Nosdyn's mind. She looked at Nosdyn one last time. "You look good freed. It's hard to realize how much she takes away from you."

Nosdyn nodded. "We will meet again." He swore. She was an Undead follower of N'Jal. Nosdyn watched her raise her hood as she left. He sighed and took his own leave.

Nosdyn
02-14-2024, 03:21 AM
He returned to his own camp.

As expect the Lesser Thayne Cool was waiting for him. Nosdyn bowed down to his sire. "It is done my lord."

Cool nodded. "To the man?"

"To the man." Nosdyn said. "It was actually quite easy."

"Nosdyn. Listen to me very carefully. The Greater Thayne must all die." Cool continued. "Hromagh was killed by a Man. Men can kill The Thayne." Cool looked away for a moment. He returned his gaze to Nosdyn. "Take a night or two to rest. You've been busy my child."

Nosdyn nodded and considered something. "I don't sleep my Lord if that's what you mean."

Cool chuckled as they stood there chatting. "You will be a fearsome enemy indeed. They won't be able to stand against you."

"What is the next move?" Nosdyn asked. "What do we do now?"

Cool nodded. "The next move is..."

Nosdyn
02-18-2024, 09:19 AM
(Experimenting with a new style!)

The night mists swirled around his camp as he discussed matters with Cool. Nosdyn kept his eyes narrowed as they spoke at length. Fireflies gave off their glow like a consistrent heart beat. Nosdyn pondered what Cool was saying. Then something happened. Nosdyn suddenly looked at Cool and said what he needed to. "Return me to Ettermire." He said to Cool. "I was whisked away here for a reason I do not yet understand. I wish to return home."

Cool considered what Nosdyn just said. "Are you sure?" He asked of Lord Nosdyn.

Nosdyn nodded. "I have a family who is waiting for me back home." Nosdyn said. "This life is no longer for me." He looked away for a moment. "Come with me back to Ettermire Maester Cool. I promise there is much to see and do there."

Cool considered Nosdyn's proposal. "Very well. You are full of surprises Lord Nosdyn. Show me what Ettermire has to offer." With that, Cool opened a dimensional rift between Corone and Ettermire. Cool motioned for Nosdyn to step in the gate.

Nosdyn gathered his things and did so. A moment later he opened his eyes outside of Ettermire area. Cool was standing alongside him. Since the Thayne whisked him away to Corone months had passed. He knew his wife would be very worried. He looked at Maester Cool. "Come with me." They went together back to Nosdyn's house in Ettermire.

"Nosdyn!" He heard the familiar voice of his wife.

Once he arrived at his house. Nosdyn and Cool looked at her. "My lady I have returned. I apologize for..." She immediately ran up to him and kissed him deeply.

"I was sooooo worried my love." She said and hugged Nosdyn closely. "When you vanished I feared the worst. I thought another House got you."

Nosdyn sighed. "I ended up in Corone for some time. I don't understand what happened." Nosdyn introduced his friend. "This is Lord Cool." He paused. "My lady he is a Lesser Thayne." Nosdyn said.

Her eyes went wide for a moment. "Sorry my Lord. Where are my manners." She knelt before Nosdyn and Cool.

Cool observed the woman's mannerisms. "That won't be needed." He said. "Normal mannerisms are fine. I don't require any grandiose gestures." He said slyly. He looked away for a moment. "Is it okay if I stay with you in your lovely home?" He asked.

She nodded. "Of course my Lord. You may stay with us."

He nodded. "Very well my Lady. I thank you for your kindness."

Nosdyn kept staring at the road for a moment. He was making sure no threats were behind them. The brief interaction with Lilly troubled him. It had been months since Kalestiya freed him. He looked at his wife. "My Lady." He said. "One of N'Jal's folks contacted me in Corone. It troubled me to see her."

The woman considered. "She followed you from here in Alerar?" She asked.

"I'm not sure." He responded. "But I am aware she knew where I was. Something is afoot." A clue landed on his lap. He knew the Children of N'Jal lived in Alerar region. Nosdyn was a thinker and something was not adding up.

Ealladra nodded. "I will look into this form of travel. I suspect I know what it could be. I'll ask one of the Temple of Lloth maidens I know."

He looked at Cool. "Well then. Let's get indoors my wife makes a good cuisine. You should definitely try it." Nosdyn told Cool.

Cool agreed and walked with them indoors.

Nosdyn
02-20-2024, 09:58 AM
The house was constructed in typical late Ettermire historical design.

It was a gift handed down in Ealladra's family for generations.

Nosdyn pondered many things as they sat at the table in the living room. "N'Jal. You want me to kill N'Jal?" He asked of Cool. Many thoughts passed his mind at that point. The room was well lit with candelabra. Small fires flickering shadows across the room.

Cool noticed Nosdyn's reaction. He frowned but kept serious. "In short, yes."

Ealladra looked at the two men and nodded. She went to go serve them more food.

"I'm going to need time." Nosdyn said. "Can you let me think on this for a while?"

Cool nodded. "Yes I understand. You have a history with N'Jal. I understand how this would be a difficult choice for you." Cool continued. "Go ahead and take all of the time you need."

Nosdyn nodded. "Men can kill the Thayne." Nosdyn said.

Cool nodded. "It will all fall on brave mortals like yourself."

Nosdyn pondered what Cool was asking. It would mean and end to the long nightmare. It would mean the destruction of N'Jal. He sighed he did not know why he felt so much anxiety. Many thoughts passed through his mind...

"I understand how you must feel. I know I am asking much of you Nosdyn." Cool looked away for a moment shadows dancing across his fair skin.

Nosdyn looked at his Maester. "N'Jal will be a difficult kill."

"Here." Cool said. "It's a device to weaken her defenses." He placed a small relic on the table between them.

Nosdyn took the relic in his large hands. "Eldritch." He whispered. "These marks are ancient..."

Cool nodded. "I have been preparing for this day for a long time." He said. "You cannot imagine how long. Time works different for us Thayne folks."

Nosdyn nodded. "I've ever only seen a few Eldricht devices in my life at all." Nosdyn narrowed his eyes. "You mean to do this then?" He considered the situation heavily. It would mean the death of N'Jal. Her destruction. Men could kill the Thayne. Joshua Cronen proved that much.

Cool nodded. "You mortal folks do not need the Thayne. You can carve your own destinies."

Nosdyn nodded. He held the device in his hand. "When do I use this?"

"When you weaken her." Cool said. "Nosdyn. I won't lie it will be a fearsome battle."

Nosdyn agreed and nodded. "Yeah. But there might be a way..." Nosdyn's strategic mind was thinking of possibilities. He was pondering on Kalestiya his friend. He looked at Cool for a moment. "If I agree to do this thing will you give me time to save my people?" Nosdyn asked of Cool.

Cool frowned briefly. "What do you mean?"

The game was afoot. Nosdyn explained about the healer Kalestiya. He explained his people could be saved. The undead servants of N'Jal. In so doing they could vastly weaken N'Jal. He explained. "She works them miracles. I don't understand how her powers work." He rubbed his chin deep in thought. Nosdyn was a strategic thinker.

Cool considered. "Contact your friend." He said. "You will need every edge you have."

Nosdyn
02-21-2024, 07:58 AM
He spent the better portion of that night writing Kalestiya the letter.

He was not sure where she'd be but he had a good idea. He was invitring her to use her abilities to free the undead from N'Jal's grasp. He was a tactical thinker and he wanted his people to be free.

The letter was completed at the wee hours of the night.

(Nosdyn's thoughts in italics) Once he was done writing on the parchment, he folded the letter and candle wax pressed the Krotar house emblem on the envelope. He thought of his Father at that point. And what he'd been forced to do. "I'm sorry Father for all of it." He said. He took the letter and attached it to his messenger bird. A large black raven. He attached the letter to his old friend. "To Kalestiya brother. You know how to find her."

He kawed in approval. Nosdyn gave the large bird a treat as payment. He watched his old friend fly off to Kalestiya.

"You are a curious speciment." Cool said he'd been staying in their house that whole time.

Nosdyn nodded. "Thank you. It's been a long time since N'Jal."

"Are you confident you can do this?" Cool asked.

Nosdyn agreed. "I can. It must be done. I will free my people and kill N'Jal."

Cool sat down next to Nosdyn. "I know I am asking for a lot here."

"The Undead will be the final key to the puzzle." Nosdyn explained. "She uses them to do her bidding and grow stronger. I think if we free them it will disrupt a lot. Will you be present Maester Cool?"

Cool considered. "Do you want me to be?"

"Yes my lord. We will need your skill here." They spoke until the next day...

Nosdyn
02-22-2024, 12:38 PM
Some days later...

The pieces were in place. Nosdyn's large black bird returned from Kalestiya a few days later. Nosdyn held out his arm and the bird landed on his arm. Nosdyn fed it a treat. He had a close relationship with that bird. He petted the bird's head for a moment after feeding it a treat that he liked to eat. Nosdyn moved to place his bird safely away. After taking the letter back from Kalestiya. He read the letter. It was an agreement to his proposal. He placed the letter from his friend in his packs. It smelled of her. It got him hard...he would take that out on his wife Ealladra later.

Nosdyn considered matters they would move on N'Jal once they were all ready. The plan was in place. Nosdyn did things in a very meanigful way and they were gonna move against N'Jal's machinations. A part of Nosdyn dreaded that whole battle. But he'd become something more by that point, he'd become the fighter he was meant to be.

"What troubles you so my lord?" Ealladra asked of him.

"It's N'Jal...I'm actually terrified. I don't think I have the skill to dispatch her." He said truthfully.

She kissed him. "You will do well my lord. I have faith in your capabilities." She said.

Nosdyn nodded. "Kalestiya has agreed to my proposal." He said. "We will move once Kalestiya arrives."

"Do you want me present my lord?" She asked hugging him close.

"No. Stay with our children." Nosdyn narrowed his eyes. Soon one of the most epic battles perhaps in their whole history would occur...soon their people would be free. "If Joshua Cronen is right MEN can kill the Thayne."

She kissed him. "It will be a sight to see."

"Let's get indoors." Nosdyn said to his wife. "We have some time to kill." He winked

Nosdyn
02-24-2024, 05:38 PM
Thaat night...

Nosdyn found himself alone in the house to his thoughts. He sat down at their table studying the Thayne relic Kalestiya put him in charged of. His eyes were narrowed as he observed the Eldricht markings. He wondered how it all worked and what was the trigger. He held two such devices in his possession. The shadows danced across his blue skin. He held the devices closely.

He felt someone staring at him, it was Maester Cool. Nosdyn actually hated calling him a "Lesser Thayne". He nodded towards Cool. "I am studying the relics."

"This late into the night?" He asked.

Nosdyn nodded. "I don't sleep."

"I can relate." Cool sat down next to Nosdyn. "What troubles you?"

"We have to KILL N'Jal." Nosdyn narrowed his eyes. "I'm not sure if this can be done."

"Men can kill the Thayne." Cool said. "You taught me that as did Joshua Cronen."

Nosdyn nodded. "I have my doubts but I hope that's true." Nosdyn said calmly. "I wonder...what is the trigger..."

"Such mysteries are best solved at their proper moments." Cool said.

Nosdyn nodded. "Yes." He continued. "I am hoping the relics will be the key in our battle against her."

"You are afraid." Cool noted.

Nosdyn agreed. "Yes. I am. You are asking much of us that's why I wanted to come up with a suitable plan." Nosdayn said.

"You have time." Cool said. "All the time you need to gather your resources."

Nosdyn nodded. "I wonder..." He said. "I wonder if my people can be freed."

Kalestiya
02-26-2024, 06:39 AM
Kalestiya unfolded the delicate parchment, its texture worn from its journey. The ornate script leapt off the page, conveying Nosdyn's plea. As her eyes traced the words, she felt a mix of emotions—concern for her friend, a sense of duty, an unfamiliar excitement... and fear. The journey ahead was uncertain, but she couldn't turn away from the call for help.

Nosdyn... facing a formidable enemy. The undead shackled by a dark force. A chance to bring light to the shadows.

She took a deep breath, the crisp air of the grassy plains filling her lungs. The vast expanse stretched before her, a path of green leading to the distant silhouette of Ettermire. With the letter tucked in her bag, she began her journey, her white dress brushing against the tall blades of grass.

What have I agreed to? A battle against a powerful foe, a task beyond the realm of healing. But Nosdyn believes in this plan. He believes in me.

Kalestiya's thoughts danced between the anticipation of reunion and the ominous responsibility she had accepted. Her heart beat along with the rhythm of her footsteps, each one bringing her closer to the city.

The Undead... twisted under the influence of N'Jal. Can my healing touch unravel the dark threads that bind them? Will my light be enough to dispel the shadows?

The sun painted the sky with hues of orange and pink as it began to descent. Kalestiya quickened her pace, her determination growing with every step. The wind stirred her hair as she walked.

Kindness is my strongest weapon, and I am not afraid to use it.

The words echoed in her mind, bolstering her resolve. She envisioned the faces of those she might save, the lives that could be touched by her abilities. But a lingering doubt crept into her thoughts—was she ready for a confrontation where kindness might not be enough?

Nosdyn believes in me and trusts in the plan. I must believe in myself!

As the city's towers grew on the horizon, Kalestiya's mind filled with trepidation, but also hope. What fate would await her? What weight would be placed upon her shoulders? Her doubts grew, but her sense of duty pushed her forward.

I must not yield to doubt, this is for my friend. I will not falter.

And so, the young healer continued her journey, her white dress a beacon of purity against the backdrop of the grassy plains, ready to accept the quest that awaited her in Ettermire.

Ettermire

The sun had dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the cobbled streets of Ettermire as Kalestiya approached the city gates. The air was filled with the faint scent of evening blossoms, and the distant murmur of the city's activities reached her ears. A sense unease enveloped her as she stepped through the imposing archway that marked the entrance.

"Back in Ettermire," Kalestiya whispered to herself with a brief smile on her lips. She didn't think she would return to the city so soon. A lot had happened in the brief time between her departure and her return. She tried to dismiss the events that attempted to replay in her head and focussed on the task at hand.

The streets were adorned with flickering lanterns, their warm glow guiding her path through the alleys. As she walked, glances from the locals greeted her. Kalestiya's presence, though unfamiliar, seemed to invoke a sense of calm in those who crossed her path.

She navigated the city, guided by the directions in Nosdyn's letter. Ettermire was a tapestry of architectural wonders, each building telling a tale of the city's rich history

What challenges does Nosdyn face? What can I do? Why me?

Finally, after winding through the streets, Kalestiya stood before the grand entrance of Nosdyn's home.

This is where Nosdyn's plea led me.

Her heart pounded with trepidation as she reached for the ornate knocker. The metal made a resounding sound, echoing through the quiet night. Moments later, the door creaked open, revealing a dimly lit corridor.

The figure that greeted her was Ealladra, Nosdyn's wife, wearing a warm smile that held a glimmer of relief. "Oh hello, Kalestiya. Nosdyn has been waiting for you. Please, come in."

Kalestiya curtsied gracefully and entered the house, leaving the city's buzz behind. The door closed behind her. The path to confront the shadows that loomed over Nosdyn and his people lay ahead, and Kalestiya was ready to face whatever awaited her.

Nosdyn
02-26-2024, 09:52 AM
Ealladra lead her indoors.

Nosdyn was still concentrating on the relics. A studious scholar of sorts. He'd been studying the Eldricht runes. He wondered what was the missing piece the KEY he needed for it all to work. There must be some key I'm missing. He'd always been a strategic thinker. The fireplace was designed with Ettermire desing. The flames were warm and cast shadows across Nosdyn's blue skin. His eyes were narrowed in concentration when Ealladra enterred with a familiar presence in tow.

Her scent immediately filled the room. Nosdyn immediately got stiff in attention in his nether regions in the familiar presence of his friend. She was a comfort through it all. She named him custodian of the Thayne relic in his possession. He looked at Kalestiya immediately. "My old friend!" The blue Demon said excited. He knew what her arrival meant. "You recived my parchment?" He asked. "I sent my most trusted companion to send you the letter." Nosdyn said calmly. He looked away for a moment. "I know I am asking such a selfish thing of you." Nosdyn considered a matter. "Does this mena you agree to the task we have been chosen for?" Nosdyn was always serious.

He took all matters completely to heart.

He looked at Kalestiya. He had fear in his eyes. He understood what Cool was asking of them all. He looked from Kalestiya to Lord Cool. "Forgive me where are my manners?" He chuckled uncomfortably. "Kalestiya. This is Maester Cool. He is a Thayne." He said.

Cool looked at Kalestiya. "Greetings my lady." He said. He had dark blue hair, cropped tightly short and well combed. He wore robes of the Thayne. He seemingly carried no weapons. As a Thayne he needed none.

Nosdyn became serious at that moment. "We will move on tomorrow's late eve." Nosdyn said. "N'Jal will be in the caverns. Outside of Ettermire she's been there this whole time gathering her power." He said. "We will strike when she is distracted."

Kalestiya
02-26-2024, 11:58 AM
As Kalestiya gracefully entered the room, Nosdyn's enthusiastic welcome embraced her with warmth. She chuckled politely, acknowledging the hearty greeting.

"Here I am," she said with a warm smile, "your letter was well received, as my timely arrival has proven."

Nosdyn, visibly relieved and grateful, gestured for her to take a seat. The room, adorned with the comforting glow of the Ettermire-designed fireplace, enveloped them in flickering shadows.

Introductions followed as Nosdyn presented Cool to Kalestiya. "I am pleased to meet you, sir," she said politely, curtsying gracefully, "It is an honor to be able to meet a Thayne."

Cool acknowledged her with a nod, the play of shadows on his well-combed, dark blue hair adding an air of mystique. "The honor is mine, Lady Kalestiya.."

Attentively listening to Nosdyn's plan, Kalestiya pondered her role in the impending mission. Her gaze shifted between Nosdyn and Cool, thoughts weaving through the shared information.

N'Jal in the caverns, gathering power. Tomorrow's late eve...

"I'm here to assist in any way I can," Kalestiya spoke, her voice soft yet resolute. "While my abilities may not be suited for battle, healing and light may find their purpose in the shadows."

Nosdyn's eyes reflected gratitude.

Leaning forward, Cool fixed his piercing gaze on Kalestiya. "We've prepared a plan, and your role is essential. The Thayne relics will be at our disposal."

With a nod, Kalestiya accepted the responsibility settling on her shoulders. "I will do my best, for the sake of your people and for the light we aim to bring."

Nosdyn
02-26-2024, 05:02 PM
She always was so mysterious and spoke of matters Nosdyn did not understand. What is this light she always speaks of? Nosdyn frowned for a moment but then became serious once more. "I thank you Kalestiya. Perhaps by your side we stand a chance to pull this thing off." Nosdyn considered what he just said. He was terrified of N'Jal he made no secret of that. "Our chances look pretty slim here." Nosdyn admitted. The shadows dancing across his face. It was night that night.

He knew he could not sleep. Nosdyn never slept.

Cool retired to his room hours later. Nosdyn was eyeing Kalestiya gently. His grim demeanor accentuated by what they were about to attempt.

"The journey to N'Jal's caverns is not far from Ettermire proper." He told Kalestiya. "You must be very tired you can sleep in one of the guest bedrooms." He took the two relics in his possession and replaced them in his packs. They would be the key. He stood up at that point and went outside to sit on the front porch of the house. There a chair built in the Ettermire design awaited. He sat down on it after motioning for Kalestiya to join him.

"Your company soothes me." He said to her. "I'm afraid."

"I don't think I have the skill to defeat N'Jal." He told her.

He sat down in silence for a moment letting her speak. He was a gentle soul after all, he'd changed so much.

Why am I so afraid? He thought to himself as he sat there.

Kalestiya
02-26-2024, 07:47 PM
Kalestiya observed Nosdyn's serious expression, his fears laid bare in the shadows of the night. His admission of terror resonated with her, and a gentle understanding filled her eyes. She approached him, the Ettermire porch creaking slightly beneath her steps, and took a seat beside him.

"I am truly glad I can offer some comfort, Nosdyn," she spoke with a soft reassurance, her gaze meeting his. "Facing something as daunting as N'Jal is quite a challenge, for all of us. But together, we may discover strengths we didn't know we possessed."

She placed a comforting hand on his arm, offering a gentle squeeze. "Your honesty about your fears is a strength in itself. It shows that you're aware of the challenges ahead."

Kalestiya took a moment, letting the night breeze carry her words. "I believe in the light, Nosdyn, and there's a light within you too. You have changed, grown, and that transformation is a powerful force. Strength is not just in physical might, but in the resilience of the heart."

As she spoke, she couldn't completely mask her own insecurities. The enormity of the task at hand weighed on her as well, but she pushed those thoughts aside, focusing on being a source of support for Nosdyn.

"You're not alone, Nosdyn. I see you bravery, and I am sure that others do so as well; it gives us courage too. Keep believing in what you can accomplish, and do not let your fears hold you back." She smiled warmly, hoping to offer him the encouragement that he needed.

As Kalestiya stared at the sky, her own words echoed in her mind. Did she genuinely believe them herself? She knew she had to, for Nosdyn's sake.

It's okay to be afraid, I am too.

"Good night, Nosdyn," Kalestiya said warmly, giving his arm another gentle squeeze before heading back inside. Pausing at the doorway, she added, "I stand with you, no matter what. Sleep well, and let hope fill your dreams." With that, she disappeared inside, leaving Nosdyn to ponder her words under the night sky.

Nosdyn
02-27-2024, 01:47 AM
He had no idea what challenges lay ahead.

All he did know was that he had to save his people. It was a personal mission for him. Each day that N'Jal grew stronger was a day that they could no longer defeat her. BUT...something about the situation troubled him. He knew soon it would be time for the task at hand. Kalestiya's words were like honey dripping off of his flesh. He nodded as she spoke and eventually retired to get some sleep herself.

I can't sleep...I never sleep. He thought to himself and returned to his troubled thoughts. There would be no negotiation. Only a complete obliteration of N'Jal would suffice. It was almost killing time. He places his large two hands under his chin deep in thought.

He wished he could sleep it would replenish his energy but alas, he was sleep deprived for most of his life.

He was preparing himself for the battle ahead. It would be one for the ages. He carefully decided to stand and return to his own bedroom.

Ealladra awaited his presence. He hugged her as he enterred their bed there was time to kill. He kissed her deeply. Wrapping the warm bedsheets around the two of them. He sighed. "My wife." He kissed her deeply.

Kalestiya
03-02-2024, 02:36 PM
The next morning at the Ettermire household was cozy and warm. When the soft light of dawn filled the rooms, Kalestiya woke up, stretched her arms. and let out a sleepy yawn, embracing the start of a new day. The air felt hopeful, and as she got ready, she felt a calm strength welling up from within.

Kalestiya began her morning with a refreshing ritual, cleansing herself with the cool touch of water. As droplets trickled down, she embraced the simple pleasure, a gentle awakening for both body and spirit. Afterward, she adorned herself in her plain yet comforting attire, the fabric caressing her skin with a tender intimacy, and added her feather hairclip with care. It was a pure and innocent indulgence.

After readying up, she decided to join the others. With careful steps, she walked down the wooden stairs, their soft creaks blending with the dawn's quiet melody. In the common room, Nosdyn prepared calmly, creating a serene atmosphere. Ealladra, wide awake and understanding, exchanged glances with Nosdyn, their silent connection bringing reassurance to the room.

"Good morning," Kalestiya greeted with a warm smile, her voice a soothing melody. Her eyes sparkled with a gentle radiance as she moved about the room, a warm presence in the midst of preparations.

She glanced at Cool, already present in his Thayne robes. He exuded a calm authority that brought a sense of order to the impending tasks.

"Isn't it a beautiful day?" she remarked, her words a gentle invitation to appreciate the simple joys that the morning bestowed upon them.

Kalestiya took a seat at the table and waited for the others to speak.

Nosdyn
03-02-2024, 04:55 PM
I don't sleep...

I never sleep...

A familiar scent drifted into the room. Nosdyn narrowed his eyes. He looked up at Lady Kalestiya. "Good morning. We have a long journey ahead."

He looked at Cool. "Stay here my Lord." Nosdyn said calmly. "I need someone looking after the house and my family should the worst come to pass."

Cool nodded. "May the All-Thayne guide you."

He shook hands with Cool. Gathered his things. He readied his Prevalida sword last. Sheathing it in it's scabbard and placing it across his back. It is almost killing time and we have to be ready to get this deed done. Nosdyn thought to himself. He was terrified he had no idea what woul happen. Nosdyn kissed his wife possibly for the last time.

He looked at Lady Kalestiya. "Almost a time for Killing." He said grimly. He was afraid, he had not been so afraid in a long time. He looked at Kalestiya. "The walk to the Caverns of N'Jal is not far from Ettermire. We can go on foot." Nosdyn said. They were already on the move. He looked at the large house for a moment. Possibly for the final time.

He was no fool.

He knew N'Jal could outright kill them all.

Noosdyn was prepared for the worst. He looked at Kalestiya. "I'm afraid." He said to her calmly. "I have no idea what to expect or even if we can do this thing." They walked for what seemed like hours.

Instinctively Nosdyn guided them both home. He was coming back home as an unwelcome killer. He kept his steely gaze forward. They were almost upoon the specific set of caverns. Nosdyn was clenching his hands nervoudsly. He looked ahead suddenly to find...

Tharak Son of Nosdyn awaited in fron of the caves having sensed his Father's approach. "Father! You have returned!" Tharak yelled. He ran to Nosdyn and hugged his Father Nosdyn hugged his son tightly back.

"Son." Nosdyn said. "I am here to kill N'Jal and free you all."

Kalestiya
03-04-2024, 06:11 AM
Kalestiya's boots padded softly on the trail beside Nosdyn. Bright flowers seemed to mock the heavy feeling in the air. Sunlight peeked through leaves of trees, painting the floor with warm, golden patches. She looked at Nosdyn, his shoulders slumped with worry. Kalestiya reached out, her touch light on his arm, a silent message of support. Their eyes met, hers filled with understanding.

"It's okay to be scared, Nosdyn," she said gently. "and I know what it is like to be scared. The way it can tighten your chest and make the world seem a little smaller. But remember, fear is just a feeling, and it won't control us."

She paused for a moment, the only sound the soft sigh of the wind through the leaves. Nosdyn didn't respond, his gaze fixed on the path ahead. Taking a deep breath, Kalestiya whispered, "You will find a way to endure and overcome, just like I have-"

Their seemingly long trek was nearing its end as the caverns loomed, dark and imposing. Stepping through the threshold, Kalestiya's breath caught in her throat. Before her, Tharak and Nosdyn embraced, a reunion she hadn't anticipated. A warmth, like a spark ignited, bloomed in her chest, witnessing the powerful bond between father and son.

She stood quietly, smiling and allowing Nosdyn to explain the reason for their arrival.

Nosdyn
03-04-2024, 06:33 AM
It was a perverse homecoming. He was there to kill N'Jal. He walked alongside Kalestiya and Tharak son of Nosdyn. He looked at her a moment. "He is my son. I'll explain all in due time." He promised.

Tharak paused a moment. "Father, she has gotten worse. N'Jal I mean. I'm growing unsure we can contain her."

Nosdyn nodded. "It will be a fierce battle my son. But I am here to end her." They continued their journey to the main chamber of the tunnels. It was well decorated with various furniture and the like. N'Jal had been busy. Nosdyn readied himself. It is almost killing time. He thought to himself. He spotted her talking to various undead. Some familiar some not. He looked at Kalestiya. "Try to stay back if you can."

"Nosdyn!" N'Jal suddenly yelled. She got up from what she was doing. "Do you think you can just return to the fold?" She asked as she loomed over him. N'Jal was a dark presence with long black hair and purple glowing eyes. She was what the humans would call voluptuos. N'Jal looked at him. She then spotted Kalestiya. "Who is this?" She asked then looked at Kalestiya with sheer teror in her eyes. "I see.." She said suddenly she looked at the nearest of the Undead. "Protect your master." She commanded.

Suddennly it began. Once again as so many moons prior, the Undead all walked towards Nosdyn and sided with him.

N'Jal became furious. "You will betray me--"

"N'Jal STOP." Nosdyn steeled himself. He was prepared for the worst even his own death. "Do you not see they have their own free will?" He paused a moment. "They can be freed from your grasp!" Nosdyn raised his fist at that point an angry gesture. He then unsheathed his prevalida sword. In his packs though something reacted--The thayne relic!--Nosdyn thought to himself. He would pull it out as needed. He approached N'Jal. "I am here to kill you and free my people."

Kalestiya
03-04-2024, 07:59 AM
Kalestiya observed the unfolding scene, a mixture of dread and determination etched on her face. She stayed back, as Nosdyn had advised, but her eyes were fixed on the confrontation. The air was thick with tension, and the chamber echoed with N'Jal's furious commands.

As N'Jal's gaze locked onto her, an abrupt chill ran down Kalestiya's spine. A gasp escaped her lips, momentarily freezing her in place. A haunting yet familiar voice invaded her mind.

Suvryael fe der Lerm...

"N-No, not this again-" she murmured, a pained expression clouding her face.

Shaking her head, Kalestiya resisted the invasive yet familiar sensation that tried to envelop her. She maintained her focus on Nosdyn and noticed the undead, once under N'Jal's control, now turning to follow Nosdyn. The sight was both awe-inspiring and unsettling. It seemed that the power of free will could break the chains of N'Jal's influence.

Overwhelmed with mixed emotions, Kalestiya knew that the stakes weighed heavily on everyone present. She took a deep breath, her exhale escaping through gently puckered lips. She trusted Nosdyn's strength but couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty that lingered in the air. The outcome of this confrontation would shape the fate of Ettermire and its people.

She stayed back, a silent pillar of support, ready to step in if needed.

"I am right behind you, Nosdyn. No matter what," she whispered under her breath, her fingers tightly gripping the fabric of her dress. Determination painted her expression, but uncertainty lingered within.

Nosdyn
03-04-2024, 08:26 AM
Nosdyn had seen N'Jal fight before. He readied his weapon, but something happened. N'Jal caught Nosdyn with a massive smiting ability. Several of the Undead present fell down dead.

N'Jal extended her arm. Focusing. Power rippled from her hand as the Undead around her began to die. Power singed through the air rapidly. The air rippled with burning hot energy. It was meant to destroy Nosdyn and his allies.

They appeared terrified by N'Jal's power and were unsure of what to do. Once his people began to die at N'Ja's power, Nosdyn reacted. He was bleeding massively from the wake of N'Jal's power but he was well trained. HE could/would survive. Nosdyn was already bleeding at the hands of N'Jal's power which was massive.

The power attacked everyone around N'Jal.

Nosdyn stared at Kalestiya. "KALESTIYA!" He yelled angrilly.

Kalestiya
03-05-2024, 06:48 AM
As N'Jal's malevolent power surged through the cavern, a wave of unseen force struck Kalestiya with brutal intensity. It was as if the very air had solidified into an invisible fist, slamming into her with merciless precision. The impact sent her hurtling backward, the force of the blow lifting her off her feet.

The back of her body collided with the cave wall, a sickening thud resonating through the chamber. The impact crushed the air from her lungs, leaving her momentarily breathless. Sharp rocks protruding from the uneven surface dug into her back, tearing through the fabric of her dress. The collision left behind an immediate and searing pain, the kind that courses through the entire nervous system, a symphony of agony.

Blood welled from the grazes and gashes inflicted by the unyielding wall. The sensation was a dance of pain, blending with the disorienting aftermath of the supernatural force. Kalestiya's vision blurred with dark spots, her ears ringing like bells.

Struggling to rise from the ground, she whimpered softly with each painful movement.

"N-Nosdyn... I'm sorry-"

Nosdyn's visage began to fade from vision. She reached out her hand to him, but he was out of reach. In a matter of moments, the effort of holding out her arm sapped the last of her energy, and she collapsed to the ground.

Nosdyn
03-05-2024, 07:20 AM
He reacted to N'Jal's power.

Nosdyn felt the weight of her power and dropped his mighty sword. He suddenly did something unexpted. He reached into his packs and pulled out the glowing Thayne Relic he was the custodian of. It reacted to--Nosdyn's blood! Blood is the key of course! Stupid why didn't you think of this earlier! Nosdyn's black blood dripped all over the Thayne relic and the Eldricht marks lit up with glowing energy. Nosdyn FELT the reaction immediately. He never felt such power before! His Demon's blood reacted to the influence of the Thayne Relic in his possession. He grasped the relic tightly in both hands.

He felt power flowing through his veins. His blood reacted overwhelmingly to the relic. The brilliant light fueled by Kalestiya's own power swelled through him. He looked at N'Jal gasping with pitty for her. In a moment of sheer destructive force. N'Jal became as glass...Nosdyn's reflection shattered as the glass shattered. The pieces of glass were yelling with N'Jal's screaming pain. The glass was vibrating with power. Nosdyn knelt down to the destroyed N'Jal fragments.

He was gasping. He loooked at his son. Tharak son of Nosdyn. He yet lived as did many others. Nosdyn took a piece of the glass of N'Jal into his possession. He knew he would need it just in case. He knelt on the ground for a moment, seriously injured. His black blood flowing down his face and arms. He looked up to his son. Placing the Thayne relic back in his packs. He grabbed his swords and sheathed it. The power of the Thayne Relic was amazing. He would study it further. He got up and went to make sure Kalestiya was safe, always make sure she is safe. The N'Jal shard was reacting....He turned to look to see if Kalestiya was safe.

Kalestiya
03-05-2024, 08:00 AM
Kalestiya...

Suvryael fe der Lerm...

Floating in the realm of her subconscious, Kalestiya felt weightless, suspended in a sea of muted colors and ethereal lights. A gentle breeze, warm and comforting, caressed her form, and the vibrant hues around her seemed to pulse in rhythm with the unseen energy that permeated the space.

The ethereal voice, soft yet commanding, echoed through the expanse. "Bearer, your destiny unfolds as you seek the elusive reflections of your true essence. Seek the echoes of concealed truths, for within the intricacies of your path lies the cryptic key. Unravel the threads of your essence, and in the shadows, discover the enigma that will define your destiny."

As the voice spoke, kaleidoscopic visions unfolded before her. Glowing symbols danced in intricate patterns, each one carrying a story of its own. An unseen force guided her through this dreamscape, revealing snippets of a destiny that transcended the boundaries of mortal understanding.

But just as the revelations began to take shape, a faint, distant voice called her back. It was a whisper, a thread woven into the tapestry of her subconscious, pulling her away from the mysteries that awaited.

"Kales... ti... a"

The faded voice echoed, its urgency cutting through the serenity of her subconscious world. The vibrant colors dulled, and the symbols retreated into the background. The warm breeze became a gentle tug, coaxing her away from the ethereal revelations.

"Kalestiya-"

Reality beckoned, and Kalestiya found herself drawn back, leaving behind the mysteries of her subconscious for the pressing concerns of the waking world.

"Kalestiya!!"

Whimpering softly, the wounded girl slowly opened her eyes, finding herself cradled in Nosdyn's arms. She tried to speak, but the weakness that engulfed her left her voiceless. Glancing downward, she observed her dress saturated in a crimson substance.

Her head rolled against Nosdyn's shoulder as her eyes fluttered, hanging on by a thread of consciousness.

Nosdyn
03-10-2024, 10:47 AM
By that point, Nosdyn held Kalestiya. Only the Undead Lilly had previous knowledge of Kalestiya. They were all crying by that point as Nosdyn's friend was on the verge of death. Nosdyn did the only thing he thought to do. He clutched the screaming shard of N'Jal in his hand, and placed it against her deeply serious injury. He loved Kalestiya too much. He would shake the heavens to insure his friend would not perish!

He pressed the shard against her injury. "I love you too much please don't go." Nosdyn openly cried by that point.

The shard of N'Jal screamed with rage but worked it's magic. It immediately was absorbed into Kalestiya's flesh.

Nosdyn could only hope and pray for his friend. His hand was pressed against her injury applying pressure to stop any bleeding. It was all up tp her at that point. His tears flowed freely but that point. His son, Tharak son of Nosdyn, placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Father do not be afraid I think you acted in time!" He said thankfully.

By that point Lilly joined them as well. She also placed a hand on Nosdyn's shoulder. All Nosdyn could do at this point was wait.

Did I act in time? Did I save her? Can I save anyone? I'm pathetic...I couldn't even save Father... He was crying freely by that point...

Kalestiya
03-11-2024, 10:38 AM
Kalestiya's eyes remained half-closed, the flicker of life barely visible beneath her pale lids. Yet, as the N'Jal shard was pressed against her injury, a subtle shift occurred. The sharp, ragged breaths that had been escaping her began to ease into a gentler rhythm. The tension in the air seemed to soften, carrying with it a glimmer of hope.

Nosdyn's hands, now marked by a blend of his own black blood and Kalestiya's crimson, clung firmly to her fragile form. The shard echoed with the fading cries of N'Jal's power, reluctant to merge with Kalestiya's flesh. Nonetheless, the magic persisted, threading its way through her wounds. At times, a flicker of pain would momentarily contort Kalestiya's face, as if an unseen skirmish raged within her.

As time trickled by, her breathing became steadier, less strained. The Undead Lilly, Tharak, and Nosdyn shared a collective sigh of relief. The cavern, once filled with echoes of battle, now resonated with the quiet intensity of the moment. Nosdyn could only wait, hoping that his desperate act would be the key to saving Kalestiya.

Kalestiya blinked and gradually became aware of her surroundings, finding herself cradled in her friend's arms. "What happened?" she inquired, her voice filled with confusion. Her eyes fluttered, adjusting to the environment, as her vitality began to return to her.

Nosdyn
03-11-2024, 11:08 AM
He cried freely by that point.

At last, the long nightmare of N'Jal was over.

At last, he avenged his lost Father.

He looked at Kalestiya. "I thought I lost you my friend." Nosdyn whispered to her. "The long nightmare is at last over." He looked at the gathered. "I did it, even I can save someone." A major weight had been removed from his shoulders. He held his friend for a while longer.

She smelled great to him, the scent was amazing, he held her.

He ran his hand through her hair. "Can you stand now?" He asked his friend he hoped one day they would become more than friends. He was amdittedly extremely turned on to hold her so close, within his grasp.

He kept gently running his hand through her long hair.

"I thought I lost you you bitch." He said jokingly. "Don't scare me like that again."

After a short while Nosdyn let her go and stood up for a moment. "The battle againt N'Jal was fierce." He looked at Tharak. "Son of Krotar, casualty report." He commanded of his son. The precepts of House Krotar were in full play at that point.

"We suffered heavy casualties from N'Jal's wrath." Tharak said calmly.

Nosdyn nodded calmly. He returned his gaze to his love. His eyes narrowed. "Can you stand?" He then looked at his undead people. "I have a proposition for you all." Nosdyn stated. They listened. "With N'Jal's death you all are free to make your own choices now. I propose we all return to Ettermire as her children now." He said to them. "We will all have a second chance now." He turned to Kalestiya and offered her his hand...

At last Demons and Humans could know peace together...

He would correct the sins of his Fathers during the Demon's War. A lone child of Tular Plains, son of House Krotar, would unite their people at long last...

Kalestiya
03-12-2024, 12:21 PM
The warmth of Nosdyn's embrace was soothing, and Kalestiya gradually became aware of the pain that had gripped her earlier, now replaced by a lingering sense of weakness. As Nosdyn held her, she could feel his relief and genuine concern. His whispered words reached her ears, expressing the victory over the long nightmare of N'Jal. A bittersweet smile played on her lips.

"I thought I lost you, my friend," Nosdyn whispered, his hand gently running through her hair. The relief in his touch resonated with her, and she managed a weak smile. His words brought a gentle laugh to her lips, despite the pain. "Don't worry, I won't go anywhere without saying goodbye."

As Nosdyn held her, she felt a mixture of emotions. The scent of his skin, the touch of his hand in her hair, and the warmth of his embrace created a feeling of security, a moment of solace in the aftermath of the challenge they faced. When he finally let her go, she attempted to stand, albeit unsteadily. The battle had taken its toll, but determination flickered in her eyes.

Nosdyn, standing before her, addressed his undead people. The proposition he made spoke of unity, a second chance for all. She watched him with admiration in her gaze, as he extended his hand toward her. In that moment, the promise of a new era, where demons and humans could know peace together, hung in the air. Kalestiya took his offered hand; a silent agreement, and a step toward a safer future, free from N'jal's grasp.

Nosdyn
03-12-2024, 04:03 PM
~Two weeks later...~

Father...

I...have avenged you...

I took my place by your side as leader of House Krotar...

I do not know if I can do this alone.

I am afraid...

"Father what troubles you?" Tharak son of Nosdyn asked his Father. He always found his Father so mysterious.

Nosdyn was having a daydream. "I was thinking about my Father, your Grandfather." Nosdyn said calmly. They returned to Ealladra's house and the Children of N'Jal joined Ettermire proper. They were free of her grasp. Nosdyn considered something for the next few days. "You know...we have to rebuild House Krotar...no...Father's legacy." Nosdyn explained. His Father had been a proud Demon that was killed by Nosdyn's own hands. At the orders of a rival house. Nosdyn had always wanted a chance to rebuild what was lost. He looked at his son. "We need to rebuild. N'Jal would have destroyed it all."

His son considered. "Maybe..." He looked at his Father. "What if we make our own house?" Tharak son of Nosdyn suddenly said carefully.

The idea lingered in the air a moment. Nosdyn responded. "That is a possibility." He looked at Kalestiya. "What will you do now my friend?" He asked of her.

Kalestiya
03-14-2024, 07:09 AM
In the days that followed, Kalestiya found herself under the careful watch of the Krotar household, where she was nursed back to full health. Amidst her recovery, she sought solace in one of her favorite pastimes: reading. Her curiosity, particularly piqued by the enigmatic Thayne, led her on a journey through pages of ancient texts.

Amidst her physical recuperation, Kalestiya found herself plagued by unsettling night terrors. Nevertheless, she remained steadfast in her determination to overcome them.

While residing at the Krotar residence, Kalestiya took it upon herself to assist Ealladra in maintaining the household's order and cleanliness. It was not only a gesture of gratitude but also an opportunity to explore more of Ettermire.

One quiet afternoon, seated in her chamber, Kalestiya meticulously crafted a farewell letter, expressing her heartfelt gratitude for the warmth and care bestowed upon her. As she penned her thoughts, she reflected on the experiences shared with the Krotar family.

Moments later, Nosdyn entered the room, his conversation with his son having just concluded. Turning to Kalestiya, he posed his question.

"What will you do now, my friend?" he inquired.

With a soft smile and a graceful curtsy, Kalestiya extended the letter to Nosdyn.

"I wanted to give you this," she replied gently, her gaze meeting his as he unfolded the neatly folded paper.

@>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~<@

My Dearest Friends,

As I pen these words, my heart swells with gratitude for the kindness and warmth you have
bestowed upon me during my stay at the Krotar residence. In the wake of our shared trials
and triumphs, I find myself overwhelmed with a sense of appreciation for each and every
one of you.

Ealladra, your gentle care and nurturing spirit have helped me recover in both mind and body.
Your grace and strength have inspired me in more ways than I can express.

Nosdyn, your steadfast friendship and unwavering support have meant more to me than I can
convey. In your presence, I have found courage, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Tharak, your support for both your father and I have shown me that family bond can sometimes
be stronger than steel. I appreciate all that you have done for me during the most trying of times.

To the entire Krotar family, thank you for opening your home and your hearts to me.
Your hospitality and generosity have touched me in ways I cannot fully articulate.

With sadness in my heart, I must inform that the time has come for me to depart as I wish
to resume my journey into the world. Though my time here has been brief, the memories we
have created will remain engraved in my heart forever. As I embark on the next chapter of
my journey, know that I carry each of you with me, always.

With deepest gratitude and fondest wishes,

~ Kalestiya Brightheart

@>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~<@

Nosdyn
03-14-2024, 08:36 AM
Godspeed my friend...

The precepts of House Krotar stated that when a Soldier leaves the Tular Plains you said a prayer for them. Nosdyn considered that for a moment. He clutched the letter to his chest Ealladra opently wept as Kalestiya left. Nosdyn held her closely. The letter smelled like Kalestiya, it was driving him mad. He clutched the letter tightly.

He looked at Lord Cool. "It is done." Nosdyn said that day. Light from the fireplace cast shadows across Nosdyn and Cool. And all present.

One of the Undead walked up to Nosdyn. "What do we do now?"

Nosdyn nodded. "We will rebuild House Krotar." Nosdyn paused a moment, something was troubling him. Was N'Jal truelly gone? Did we really defeat her? He thought to himself. "Ettermire has accepted us as citizens. We rebuild." Nosdyn told the Undead. "We will all have a new purpose now." He said carefully. Nosdyn was not one for grand speeches, he hated them but he was making the effort for his people.

The undead, Thraxion, nodded. "I will convey the message my lord."

Nosdyn had not realized it, but with N'Jal gone Nosdyn was not the official leader of the Undead.

Sleeping in the House of Lady Ealladra was much better than sleeping on cave floors.

Nosdyn looked at Cool. "We must speak of some matters."

Cool agreed. "Of course Nosdyn."

A time later...

Nosdyn, Tharak and Cool were in a side study conversing.

"What troubles you Nosdyn?" Cool asked.

"When N'Jal was defeated she became as glass." Nosdyn frowned. "I used one of the shards of N'Jal to save Lady Kalestiya." He looked away for a moment. "Did I do something wrong here?"

Cool considered. "If you used it to save her, perhaps N'Jal can do some good in the world."

Nosdyn became serious. "I hope so..." He said.

Tharak knew his Father. That tactical mind was always planning and coming up with strategy. Military minds knew no rest. "I will research the library if there are any tomes on Thayne shard."

Nosdyn nodded. "Thank you boy." Nosdyn said calmly. He already missed his friend, Kalestiya. She was good company to keep in the house.

A short time later, Nosdyn's son Ellsyn entered the library. "Father." He said. "Krotar Precept number 42 states you will not worry yourself to death." He grinned.

Nosdyn hugged his son. He then looked at his other son, Tharak and Lord Cool. "We must prepare for the future. I think we can call OFF our war against the Thaynehood and worry about House Krotar." Nosdyn said calmly.

Cool nodded. "I'm in agreement here."

With N'Jal's death the world of Althanas breathed a sigh of relief.

With N'Jal's death Nosdyn would know peace.

With N'Jal's death Men and Demons could co exist.

~~FIN!~~

Spoils request: Me and Kalestiya wish to canon make the death of N'Jal completely canon. That's all I want out of this thread. We were gonna do a boss battle but I think currently Alth lacks the community for a dedicated boss battle. All I want officially is the deaht of N'Jal here. And the title Thayne Slayer.