PDA

View Full Version : Betrayal at Amon Lungan [Featured Quest - Recruitment]

Rayleigh
09-23-2017, 10:15 PM
Visit in-character thread here. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?397-Betrayal-at-Amon-Lungan)

http://www.churchofhalloween.com/wp-content/gallery/haunted-houses/haunted-house-tim-warnock.png

To Whom It May Concern:

Recently, a band of adventurers stumbled across a previously-undiscovered estate just north of Amon Lungan. Having found only charred remains previously, they were intrigued by the building, which appeared undisturbed. Four men entered, and only one returned. The sole survivor was found wandering the streets of Beinost. Concerned citizens took him in, considering his torn clothes, bloodied hands, and shambling gait. When questioned, the man could only ask, over and over, if they too heard the crunching of bones.

Information regarding this property is desired. Furthermore, any treasures found inside may be claimed by he who uncovers it. Good luck.

Basics:

This is a featured quest for the Autumn Festival.
1.5x rewards will be offered, even if the thread is not completed before the end of the month. Unique Festival items are also up for grabs.
Characters may visit the house for information, adventure, or treasure. The choice is yours.
Players will be split up into teams of two to explore the mansion. These teams will change, due to both IC and OCC reasons. Random generators will be used to determine pairs.
This roleplay is based off of the game Betrayal at House on the Hill. Occasionally, I will draw a room tile and an event card for each pair. The writers will then be tasked with "exploring" that room, and "dealing with" that event. For example, I might draw the "attacked by rats" event in the "kitchen." You'll need to work closely with your partner, and use your problems solving skills.
The timeline is not set in stone, but I imagine allowing about three days before new prompts - new rooms, or new events, depending on your progress. I will not remove inactive players immediately, but I may write that your partner joins up with someone else for fairness' sake. Rayleigh will also be an active character, to help with transitions if partners are left hanging.
You are welcome to further your characters' own agendas while inside the house, so long as the focus remains on surviving, and finding a way out. The doors do lock behind you...
Please try to avoid excessive bunnying of other characters. That can completely change the mood of a project, and also put writers on the spot if they'd rather not have their characters written by others. Short dialogue, to keep the story moving, is allowed with express permission from the original creator.

Signups:

Only one character per writer, please.
We will start with 6 slots - 3 teams of 2.
New players may be brought in at any time, so an active waitlist will be kept.
Writers who become severely inactive, or ask to be removed for whatever reason, will have their partners reassigned. They may be re-added to the wait list.
Please do not sign up unless you feel you can commit to at least one post every three days (preferably more). Posts need not be lengthy and/or complex, but they should be enough to drive a story. Also note that there will be a boss battle happening as well (in a separate thread), so you may need to manage your time.
If you have any questions at all, feel free to post them here.

Roster:
1. Tobias Stalt
2. Amari
3. Arainthe (Rogue)
4. Stare
5. Shinsou Vaan Osiris
6. Jake Narmolanya

Waitlist:
1. Atzar (to be added when he has time)
2. Jethro (jdd2035)
3. Ezoreth "Ezra" Vrall (ArcanaFate)

Amari
09-23-2017, 10:21 PM
I'll join, I'll have Amari join (before Tavern thread series so she's not too koo koo kachoo! <3 )

Rogue
09-23-2017, 11:03 PM
This sounds fun! Can I put Arainthe down?

Stare
09-24-2017, 03:04 AM
Changing interest from Philomel to Stare.

Deleted post of Phi.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
09-24-2017, 06:20 AM
Count me in.

Jake Narmolanya
09-24-2017, 07:56 AM
The Jake is in.

Rayleigh
09-24-2017, 08:45 AM
That rounds out our roster for now. If you're interested, please post anyway - we'll have openings for other characters soon.

jdd2035
09-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Ray, please put Jethro on the waiting list please :)

Rayleigh
09-24-2017, 07:30 PM
Can do!

Rayleigh
09-24-2017, 09:11 PM
The first post is up! (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?397-Betrayal-at-Amon-Lungan)

Please introduce your character in your first post. Things to consider - Why are they there? How did their trip to the house go? Did they get caught in the rain, or make it just in time? You're welcome to have some character interactions here, but please remember that bunnying is strongly discouraged, with the exception of short dialogue to keep momentum.

There is no post order at this point, so go ahead and do whatever you'd like! I'll have information regarding the first pairings and the first room/event assignments in the next couple of days.

Stare
09-25-2017, 05:14 AM
Stare has the ability to see other people's character allignment via her Aura Sight (lawful good through to chaotic evil, using the expanded 5 by 5 version) as well as a few other things.

If people could let me know where their characters lie on it that would be good. Especially the person who is paired with her.

PM me, or inbox me as Phi as I don't want to clutter Ray's beautiful recruitment thread.

The expanded 5 by 5 can be seen at the bottom of Stare's character sheet here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?82-Stare-Level-4).

Amari
09-25-2017, 06:29 AM
I'll post tonight after everyone leaves!
(family dinner)

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
09-25-2017, 10:28 AM
Could be being dense here, so forgive me if I've missed something or am just stupid, but when do we find out who we are paired with?

Philomel
09-25-2017, 10:49 AM
We find out in a couple of days. Ray said it at the end of her most recent post.
Took me a while to register that too.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris
09-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh.

Amari
09-26-2017, 12:19 AM
Unexpected funeral delayed me. Oops will post wheb I am home

Rayleigh
09-29-2017, 09:38 AM
Participants, please get your initial post up today! I'd like to get pairings up tonight. Remember, your post does not need to be long or complex. A couple hundred words describing their arrival would more than suffice.

Breaker
09-29-2017, 10:04 AM
I'm working on mine now, should have it up before long!

Amari
09-29-2017, 10:13 AM
wokr has me swamped completely, I'll post up a half ass post now and edit in to be really nice on sunday, (add in parts that won't affect story etc)

Rayleigh
10-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Parings and room placements will be up tomorrow, as well as the next post. Please do your best to get your introduction post up in the next 15 hours or so. Thanks to those who have done so.

ArcanaFate
10-01-2017, 08:57 PM
I'd like to put Ezra's name on the waiting list. Spooky manor with mysterious magics? I'm all about that life.