PDA

View Full Version : Zipping along price check

Erik
12-15-2017, 10:35 PM
So, Erik has obligations that are rather far apart. I seek to resolve his transportation issue. Namely, in the form of some teleportation devices. To keep things thematic, a runestone that teleports him to the holder (Soapstone) and a Bone he activates to return home (Homeward Bone).

What would these run?

Philomel
12-16-2017, 05:10 AM
Are you looking for cheapest materials?

I'll just get you a couple of quotes based on this for now.

Philomel
12-16-2017, 05:16 AM
For the soapstone with an unspecified limit range teleport, to teleport him to the holder of said stone would be about 375 gold.

In matter of this working, does Nevin need to agree to teleport, or is it a forced mechanism? I.e. the holder of the stone has ultimate control over it. These details will help to add a description onto the item.

For the bone you are looking at 563 for a teleportion to get Nevin 'home'.

For this, will 'home' be a fixed location? Or more abstract? As this is another potentially unrestricted length of teleport details will need to be added.

Erik
12-16-2017, 05:34 AM
For the soapstone, he would be able to feel a pull and have one chance to deny it, or he'll be summoned. For the range, Corone to Salvar roughly.

For the bone: it would be a limited supply, probably five to begin with and they have to be broken in order to use. Range is best as Corone to Salvar again so about three days travel I think?

These are products for Erik but I will most likely be taking funds from Nev to help pay lol.

Philomel
12-16-2017, 05:43 AM
Interesting story mechanic your going to have then :P

Okay the prices will remain the same, will just need to summarise the descriptions.

Amari
12-16-2017, 07:58 AM
Happy to throw in 300gp

Philomel
12-16-2017, 07:15 PM
Summarising here:

Soapstone:
A runestone that teleports Erik to the holder. Minor limit to the extent that it can be used distance wise (maximum Salvar to Corone length). The holder of the stone has say on summoning him, but Erik will be given a chance to resist.
Number of uses: suggested 1 per day.

Cost: 375 gold

Homeward Bone:
A teleport (bone) that Erik can use to summon him 'home'. 'Home' is a predetermined destination, that has five 'slots' that need to be set before they are used. These then need to be broken for more to be set. Maximum distance, Corone to Salvar.
Number of uses: suggested 1 per day.

563 gold

Would these be accurate for you? Can I ask if you accept the number of uses? Because of the distance 1 is maybe the best. If you want more uses let me know.

Nevin
12-16-2017, 11:46 PM
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. For the Bones, I was actually thinking they were a literal consumable. So I'd have five uses, total, and to get more I would have to buy more.

Philomel
12-17-2017, 12:18 AM
Ah okay.

If we make it a single use type of thing I could bring the price for each bone to 340 gold.

Nevin
12-22-2017, 01:00 PM
Give the Undead his tools to teleport! Though at this point it would probably be a better idea to just purchase two of the soapstones, wouldn't it?

Erik
12-22-2017, 01:12 PM
OK people have looked at this like sixty times da hell. Also, Phi, how much would it adjust the price for them to have two charges per day, or a limited communication ability?

Philomel
12-22-2017, 07:39 PM
Would that be for the soapstone or the homeward Bone?

600 gold it would go to for the soapstone for a second use, (altogether including dust abilities from previous page) or 675 gold for a limited communication.

Nevin
12-22-2017, 08:17 PM
The Soapstone is what I meant. So two soapstones with two charges per day would run 1200gp, or 1350 for one charge for teleport and one for communication?

Philomel
12-22-2017, 09:33 PM
That would be correct.

Nevin
12-23-2017, 09:53 AM
Alright! I'll take a pair of the communication/teleport soapstones for 1350gp - wait. Add another 675 so Erik has a way or actually talking back.
Ok. So.
Two teleport/communication stones, with a 1/1 charge per day of teleport/communication, for 1350.
One stone, tied to the other two, which just possesses two or three communication charges (so Erik can actually talk back but he isn't summoning anyone) would run how much?

Philomel
12-23-2017, 12:00 PM
Two stones that can communicate and teleport with the limits discussed, would come to 1350 together.
One stone that just provides communication to the other two will come to 300 gold.
Together that comes to 1650 gold.

Nevin
12-23-2017, 02:02 PM
Glorious. Agreed! Rip that gold from this account that never uses it lol

Philomel
12-23-2017, 02:56 PM
Would you like it all taken from Nevins account or the remainder after using Erik's 337 gold?

Nevin
12-23-2017, 03:21 PM
Nah, just use it straight from Nev. I'll use Erik's for a better bow or something. Maybe a lance.

Philomel
12-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Soapstone:
A runestone that teleports the owner to the holder. Minor limit to the extent that it can be used distance wise (maximum Salvar to Corone length). The holder of the stone has say on summoning him, but Erik will be given a chance to resist.
Number of uses: 1 per day.
The soapstone also allows mental communication between the holder and the owner (i.e. Erik). The holder must be holding the stone to make the communication.

Soapstone communicator:
A stone that is linked to the soapstones magically. It must be held when in use to activate the connection, and allows for mental communication between the holder and owner of the stone.

Total cost: 1650 gold to be taken from Nevin.