Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Wow, you two went out of your way on this, especially Flamebird. Every time I'd glance back at the thread she had dug even deeper into the wiki, below and beyond! Careful not to dig too deep Flamebird, you never know what you'll unearth. Maybe a baelrog of shadow and flame lives under the wiki, haha.

Serious face, thank you kindly for your efforts. This material was very helpful in clearing up some of the details I kept pondering and that was slowing down my writing process. Back on track thanks to you peeps.

I believe the notion that the wealthy and the underworld alone would have access to the latest technological advances. The second class citizens and the poor would make do with the scraps they could scrape together.

I'm terrible, I laughed way too much at the mention of kids in sweatshops and in need of a worker's union. They'll be waiting until the 1800s to come along before the first one is founded, haha.

Magic, as long as it is very low risk and controlled is accepted. I'd expect wild mages to be hunted down and imprisoned, or executed, as they have next to no control over their talent.

Dwarves are among the greatest blacksmiths and craftsmen, builders and engineers in the known world, but they are firmly under the bootheel of the dark elves, and I'd imagine its dark elves that own the businesses and collect the bulk of the profits. Meaning the dark elves control the money, they buy the tech, and they control how it is dispersed among their underlings. There are exceptions of course, rich and powerful dwarves, but its an uphill slog for them.

The mention of cotton mills was very helpful to nail down Yvonne's apparel, thank ye. I'm on the home stretch of my history (which I should have posted in the next day or so) and I have no further questions. You peeps were genuinely awesome. *curtsy*
    Last edited by Yvonne; 02-18-2018 at 08:28 PM.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.