And thus, the two oddities ate.

Slowly Stare gulped down her food, letting the meat and its juices slide down her throat with warm comfort. It was the greatness of taste mixed with the luxury of quality, that slipped into her stomach to be digested by the powerful juices there. Slowly she blinked as she swallowed, and barely chewed (being a crow in all but stature), watching the woman in front of her as they started to create something that was apparently going to be a working relationship.

"My friend Brer," she explained, "Went missing about two days ago. He is a half-giant ... obviously from what I was saying, and would not disappear from anywhere without any good excuse. We share an employer."

Grabbing a slab of bread, complete with crust, she proceeded to rip off a large side of it using her sharp claws. Popping her neck as she twisted it to the side she paused for a moment, trying to think of what other information was integral to seeking him. She shoved some of the bread into her beak again and let it succumb to gravity to be with the meat. Should she tell this girl about Vitruvion in his entirety? Should she tell her about all that had occurred, including the attack on the brewery? Should she explain that Brer had once been her guard, before Stare had properly been able to defend herself, and that they had bonded over romantics? How much information was too much?

Tell her what needs to be given, and no more, the low voice of Vitruvion hummed inside of her head. Stare rolled her eyes slightly, but agreed. It was, indeed, best for the situation.

"The barman said he got into some arguement with a local gang. I do not know this city much, and apparently neither do you, but have you been here before? To this pub, I mean? Maybe you know the gang members accidentally?"

She paused and put her head to the side, curious. "What do you do exactly?"