EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    The child’s tears provoked her own.

Silent tears spewed down her cheeks. Even something as insignificant as a seesaw caused her wrap her arms around herself. As dust particles buzzed around them, Felicity lifted a hand and rubbed at her puffy eyes.

This was all so much to take in.

This place was like the war zones described by her late cousin, a Coronian Ranger, a long time ago. Toppled buildings, destroyed lives… She herself had never seen anything like this ruined neighborhood. Why? Why would someone do this? Who dared to set these innocent folks back so far? Their lives were not playthings! This building should still be firm and strong.

This girl should still have her seesaw.

As she continued to bawl, the drakari woman yanked her away. She gave Felicity a warning glare so deep, even through her tears she felt the burning. “Don’t talk to my daughter.”

Still kneeling, looking up at her, Rhyolite’s fist tightened. Lips were stiffened and barred together. Her eyes were fuming with a kind of rage before she looked down. For all the physical signs of stress, her voice was… timid.

“I’m trying to help you.”

Shaseth’s wife just increased in her fury. Dragon’s steam emerged from her lips as she growled, “You cannot help us, little girl!”

The child shrunk back, body pressed against the crumbling, stone wall. She felt the tension. It terrified her. She continued to wail loudly as Felicity shot up. Something inside her screamed at the words. She could not help her? How? Felicity was every bit capable, no matter what anyone told her. The discriminating Eiskaltians were wrong, the Coronian Rangers were wrong, Ayleth was wrong. She could barely hold herself back, riding an angry storm with no obvious trigger. Under tremendous stress, the hothead pulled her balled fists behind her waistline. Her face drew closer to the woman’s as she hissed.

“Just watch me save you.”

The woman crossed her arms, taking a frustrated step back. “Nobody can save us, child! Things have always been this way! It will never change!”

Felicity’s offended stance sharply died down as she heard despair in her voice. The woman turned away, exhausted. Head lowered, she sighed, “Nobody can help us…”

“Mo-mommy?” Another child, still hunkered by the fire, chirped in deep fear.

Tears in her eyes, she looked away from her children.

Another form of anger started to boil. Felicity and Shaseth’s sweetheart were one in the same. They were obviously worried and angry about everything, so they backlashed at anyone they could. Bold determination crossed Felicity’s green eyes. She caught a mistake; now to fix it. Her body was up straight, alert, yet her facial features were now soft. In a bitter, remorseful, soothing tone, she spoke.

“Watch me. I promise, it’ll get better.”

As musty, foul smelling droplets fell from the straw roof, Felicity saw how pathetic this family was. Starved, alone… this was no way to live. If nobody had tried to help, she would help. If others tried and failed, she would rise the first victor. Yvonne and Felicity’s resolves were a perfect match. Felicity stepped through the dark, wet room as she stood next to the dwarf. “Watch us. Yvonne and I will fix everything.”

“E-even-“ the once bawling child had slowed down, but her quivering lip still hinted at another upcoming meltdown. “Seesaw?”

Felicity smiled, a small yet powerful dose of warmth flooded her bitter heart, “Yes!” She chuckled, “Including the seesaw!”
    Last edited by Flamebird; 07-09-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.