EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile

[Solo/Corone] Hidden in the dark...

(Note: Doesn't take place in any chronological order of my stories but is just something I want to do for fun.)

I wander...

The streets of Radasanth...

Looking for a purpose...

A reason.

My reason to exist...exiled from Home. Exiled from The Tular Plains...

The Tribunal destroyed my life...I am trying to build a new one from the fires of that destruction. From the ashes of my life.

Crumbled and broken.

But not dead...as long as my heart beats strong, I will continue to fight.

It is the way of my people. The nature of WAR.

War was coming...

Nosdyn's cloak swished with the wind as he walked through the streets of Radasanth. He'd sought residence in Stonevale and earned that, but at that point he was seeking to expand his influence. The junkies and whores were scattered about and Nosdyn had learned to spot them all. He'd eeked out a living with the rest of them. Trying to survive the chaotic world that they all lived in. Beggars cried out for coin and a hot meal. Nosdyn no longer even was moved by their sad stories. Their broken lives, his own life equally broken.

He lacked purpose, drive.

In Alerar he'd served a master who called himself The Boss. That seemed like a life time ago. But the past always had a way of clinging to the present, resurfacing in oft harmful ways. Destructive ways. Nosdyn had sought to make a life for himself in Stonevale. But he was currently in the streets of Radasanth trying to search for a meaning to it all. He kept his guard up at all times as he walked, Radasanth declared itself as a "free city" but that meant little to Nosdyn.

His contact was lurking in one of the many pubs in Radasanth. A contact to an old connection, an older portion of his life. The past. Nosdyn of thought of his past, of home...The Tular Plains. Since his exile he'd considered returning. Taking his rightful place back with the ranks of the demon horde. But something inside was different. When did it all change...? Nosdyn thought to himself a she looked at the pub in front of him. It was the location all right, the one specified in the letter of introduction. "This the place." Purpose. He'd been denied that for so long that he was simply following the motions and the ebb and flow of everything.

But that day everything would be different for him.

He lowered his hood at that point and wore the mask that kept his identity a secret from everyone. The only clue was the natural panic aura that he gave off, he still did not have a way to dim it's effect or lower it's severity. Eyes immediately darted towards Nosdyn's bulky and leather-clad form. There were already patrons whispering from the moment he walked in. Booth Five... Nosdyn repeated in his mind.

His golden coloured eyes searched for the aptly numbered booth. He found it and soon entered sliding into the red coloured couch style seat.

His contact was waiting for him, a blond haired man who was aging.

"Lars Dendrin." Nosdyn said calmly.

"It's been some time, Demon." Lars spoke in response. Nosdyn closed the booth door. "We don't have a lot of time, I think you were trailed."

Nosdyn sighed. "Possible, I was trying to be as careful as I could."

"There are eyes on the operation at this point." Lars explained. "Do you have the parcel?"

"If you knew what I had to go through to get the fucking thing." Nosdyn handed the wrapped artifact towards Lars. It was carefully packaged.

"That part of the equation does not matter. Only that you have passed the test." Lars said carefully. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course." Nosdyn responded in kind.

"We tracked you while you were working for that scum, The Boss, in Ettermire. You have ruthless tactics. You seemed to enjoy that line of work...why change now?" Lars asked.

Nosdyn narrowed his eyes behind his mask. "Stonevale changes people." Nosdyn said calmly and truthfully.

"That it does." Lars said. "So before we conclude our business what do you want in exchange?"

Nosdyn thought very carefully. "I want in." He said calmly, he'd earned that much at least.

Lars raised his eyebrow. "You want to BE a Ranger? You can fucking forget about that, Nosdyn." Lars frowned. "I'd better leave before your tail makes noise."

Nosdyn suddenly reached forward and grabbed Lars' hand. He placed his hand on the table...HARD. Lars turned to look towards Nosdyn. "I am only going to repeat myself once. I want in. Make that happen or you're going to regret it."

"Are you threatening me now?" Lars couldn't believe it.

At that point there was a scream from the pub proper. "Shit we're too late..." Lars growled.

"I could help you, but only if you let me in." Nosdyn was deadly serious. Nosdyn kept his grip on the older Human.

"I can connect you to the proper channels. But..." Another scream.

"Lars. Stop fucking with me. Let me in." Nosdyn said, he was becoming angry...Lars was not going to like it if Nosdyn became angry.

"Fuck, Nosdyn all right you win. I'll arrange a meeting with the Maestro. From there you earn your way in, GOT IT? Now, we got to help those people." Lars was furious.

Nosdyn let him go and stood up at that point, removing his mask. "We do this my way. The people who were after me don't play by your rules."

Three patrons of the pub were already dead when Lars and Nosdyn emerged from the booth. "There you are." A hooded man said. His knives were already dripping with blood. "Glad you were willing to make this easier on them."

"They don't know your tactics." Nosdyn said and held Lars back. "You." He said to Lars, not revealing the man's name. "Get them out of here, I'll deal with HIM."

"Nosdyn...that's no way to treat an old friend...after all we used to work together." The hooded man said calmly.

Nosdyn unlatched his weapon and activated it. "How is The Boss these days...?" Nosdyn asked.

"Business has prospered since you left. Not sure why you didn't come back." The hooded man said calmly.

"I ran into some trouble...couldn't disrupt The Boss with said trouble." Nosdyn said.

"Jake Narmonalya." The hooded man said with some sense of understanding. "Heard he took the relic from you. From The Boss."

The mere mention of Jake's name was like a slap to the face. Or a punch to the gut. "I tried to get it back...but that mission also failed."

"Then you know why I am here." The hooded man said calmly.

"Clean up crew. Took you this long to find me." Nosdyn looked to his side, Lars was taking the rest of the pub patrons out to safety.

"Fucking protocol man. You should have come back." The hooded man said.

"I'm done with that life." Nosdyn said carefully.

"No one OUTS The Boss." The hooded man said with anger in his voice. "You think you could just get a free pass...?"

"That wasn't ever the plan." Nosdyn was well within striking distance, but he hesitated. What is wrong with me...?

"You've grown soft, Nosdyn. I'm taking you back...BACK where you belong." The hooded man said.

Nosdyn grinned at that point. "We'll see."

And the fight started properly at that point.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    "Stop holding back!" The man suddenly yelled. "You were one of the Boss's greatest enforcers. What happened to you?" The robed man asked in disbelief. "Was all of your reputation a lie?" The man added. He tossed a green bolt of pain towards Nosdyn.

Nosdyn deflected it with his sword, sending the bolt flying towards one of the walls of the tavern...

"...Go home." Nosdyn suddenly said. "Report that you killed me." Nosdyn was attempting to bargain.

The robed figure hesitated for a moment at what he was hearing. "You really want out...?" The man was confused by what Nosdyn was saying. But he was willing to listen to the Haidian. Hear the fellow out. "Did Stonevale really get to you that much?"

Nodyn deactivated his weapon at that point. "I'm not going back..." He suddenly said.

Then it all went to shit. "Fuck! Lars!" Nosdyn yelled. He looked at his former compatriot. "Get out, I think they mean to kill us both as evidence or some bullshit."

"Fucking effective." The agent said in a surprisingly relaxed sort of way. The first of the explosive cocktails came crashing through the window. "Nosdyn...they will never accept you for what was in your past. Are you okay with this...?" The agent asked.

"Report I was killed. I swear I will never bother The Boss again. I pledge my honour on it." Nosdyn said, he was deadly serious.

"All right. I'll report you were killed but are you going to be all right on your own?" The agent asked.

Nosdyn nodded. "I've survived worse than a mere building collapsing on top of me." Nosdyn said.

With that the agent nodded. He opened up a dimensional gate for himself and stepped through it, a moment later Nosdyn was alone in a burning building...

"He helped us Lars, are you sure about this?" The owner of the establishment was yelling at Lars.

Lars had specific orders at that point...it had been decided. "His kind don't have a place in The Rangers." Lars looked at his companions, guards and a few others. "Make sure his body is found. Burn it down!" Lars hated deep ops missions, those were the worst but the parcel he'd acquired from Nosdyn was worth it. Civilians were nearby watching as the guards and some of Rangers burned the establishment down with Nosdyn presumably in it...

Nosdyn replaced his hood on his head as the building burned down. He'd survived worse...escaped worse.

He looked at the direction of the building as it burned down there were people yelling in the nearby section of Radasanth proper. Nosdyn sighed. "Lars...so be it." Nosdyn whispered to himself as he walked away with the building crumbling down...

"You have the item in question yes...?" The figure asked of Nosdyn.

"The forgery you provided will fool them for a bit." Nosdyn removed the true item from his packs. Hunting old relics and items of that nature had become a bit of a hobby for Nosdyn. One of those times he'd hunted such a relic the thief Elf named Jake interrupted and it all went to shit. "Here is the relic." Nosdyn hesitated for a moment half expecting this or that self-proclaimed Hero to interfere. Nobody showed up that time...

The hidden figure was handed the wrapped of relic. "The Talisman of the All-Thayne." The figure suddenly said. "What do you want in exchange...?"

But Nosdyn was already gone...

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    What are you hoping to accomplish...? The voice asked in his mind. The darkness within.

At the end of all things...nothing really matters anyway. Nosdyn was troubled, he was responding to the voice in his head...it was not the only one. The old ones of his kind used to say that one could listen to the fell blood within one. Or, perhaps Nosdyn was just losing his mind?

There was a prophet, a keeper of the old ways. Named Nenkulor Shima whose prophecies and visions rang true. He foresaw a great disaster to come. The end of an age and the beginning of a new one. Nosdyn folded his arms across his well structured chest and looked off into the distance. At that point he was on the outskirts of Radasanth. He'd escaped another burning building. But no prize. Perhaps what I want will always be out of reach...

"...And what is it that you want...?" It was a voice outside of his head...someone was actually talking to him.

Nosdyn turned his attention towards the newcomer. She was a Hume girl dressed in a robe with markings he did not recognize. But then again, Hume and surface dweller society were still an absolute mystery to him. His eyes narrowed and he kept his distance from the robed woman.

"I saw what you did. You survived a building wreckage...how did you do that?" The woman asked, there was sincere curiosity in her voice.

"...I have my methods." The demon responded.

"Fair enough but your exploits have attracted the attention of my Master." She paused for a moment. "It is not safe here, do you mind if we talk someplace safer?" The woman asked.

"I'd much rather you keep your distance...but you are right this place is not safe. I'll go with you...for now." Nosdyn responded.

A few moments later, Nosdyn growled out in pain as his body was adjusting to the sudden teleportation spell. The woman stood by his side. A small group of other robed figures was present and they all looked towards Nosdyn. "The one that was defeated by Zack Blaze..." Someone whispered in the dimly lit chamber.

One of the other figures spoke to the first speaker. "Those are rumors...but he has the fell blood within him."

The woman observed Nosdyn, son of Krotar with great interest. "Let him recover a moment, he is adjusting to the sudden teleport." She knelt down towards Nosdyn and placed a hand under his chin. "My Master has need of your strength if you would agree to help us." She said.

Nosdyn blinked as his body readjusted. "And whom do you follow?"

"Her name is N'Jal." The woman said with a surprisingly gentle smile. "She has been weakened by a certain event. And needs help."

"The Thayne..." Nosdyn said carefully. "...Once again I find myself on the verge of becoming a weapon."

"Perhaps, but this hand that would swing you offers palpable benefits. And would assist you with you current problem." The woman said.

"...What problem...?" Nosdyn asked.

"Your lack of purpose." She responded, and kissed him deeply...
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 03-16-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    "...The Thayne..." Nosdyn said after they kissed.

"...Does something trouble you?" She asked.

"No it is not that." Nosdyn narrowed his eyes for a moment or two. "I have heard of one who is currently hunting the Thayne. That's all. Always believed that a Thayne could not die." Nosdyn heard whispers from the gathered followers. "Just a thought, that's all. What exactly do you need me for?" Nosdyn was hesitant to reveal the name of Joshua Cronen, but he was certain they knew that one's name anyway.

"We need your strength." She said. "My people...the followers of N'Jal have been without a leader...a central guiding force." She explained.

Nosdyn rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "You're proposing an allegiance of sorts?" Nosdyn asked.

"No. I want you to lead us into the new age. The old prophet, Nenkulor Shima, has foreseen a great disaster will soon occur." She said.

"The prophecies..." Nosdyn said calmly. "...Do I have a choice in this matter?"

"We all have free will. Demon, I am serious, I want you to join us. Come fulfill the purpose you are meant to." She extended her hand forward for Nosdyn to take.

At that point...something inside of Nosdyn snapped. "You would have me be another follower!!??" Activated his mystical weapon at that point.

The woman took a step back, unsure of what to do upon seeing the energy sword. "Are you mad? These were the instructions N'Jal gave me..."

At that point, Nosdyn decided his own fate.

Screams filled the night from the den of the followers of N'Jal. He killed them all to the man. "I will never again be a servant to a Thayne!" With his amber coloured eyes glowing with hatred at that point, Nosdyn left the burning den. He pulled his hood up as he left, his weapon still ignited to be certain none attempted to back-stab him. You have no idea who you are messing with. Nosdyn thought to himself angrily. The girl who kissed him, he killed last and made her suffer a fate worse than death on it's own. I...am my scars. Damn it all. His eyes had a peculiar glow at that point and he walked away from the den. Reminding himself at that point who and what he was.

"..I am a Demon of the Tular Plains. I will never be a Thayne's slave." Nosdyn said out loud. His fists were clenched lightly as the smoke rose from the den.

"...You defeated them all." A voice called out to Nosdyn...this one was not in his head.

"Yeah well they pissed me off and I didn't feel like joining them anyway." Nosdyn turned towards the new stranger. Keep your distance...

"You have a temper, young one." The fellow said calmly. 'I'll be certain to manage that aspect of you carefully."

"...Who are you..?" Nosdyn said calmly.

The figure moved and reappeared next to Nosdyn. "I am what your people call...an Observer. I have chronicled your life from the day you were born." The Observer said calmly.

Nosdyn strangely felt no malice from the being but he kept he kept the fellow at arm's length. "The old ones in my tribe spoke of your kind before. But I never believed those old stories."

"You should pay more respect to fairy tales. There is truth in them." The Observer said and started to move closer to Nosdyn, uncomfortably close.

Nosdyn ignited his weapon. "Keep your distance. I will not warn you again."

"I am here to give you a message only...this time." The Observer said carefully and produced a document, he handed it to Nosdyn. "Read it once you can it contains important information you need to see. Next time we can talk more about what you do with that information." The Observer turned around and began to walk away.

"Wait..." Nosdyn said. "You're here because of what I did are you not?"

"That is correct." The observer paused and turned to look at Nosdyn.

"If you are here to stop N'Jal, then I wish to join you." Nosdyn suddenly said.

With that his crusade began.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    "We are followers of The All Thayne." The Observer explained.

Nosdyn looked at the group of robed figures. "Creation itself..." Nosdyn said calmly.

"You understand fully what you have just done?" The Observer asked.

"War. I have declare war on N'Jal. No longer can we sit idly by while she destroys our world." Nosdyn said, he'd made up his mind.

"He has made his decision and picked a side." One of the other robed figures said carefully.

Slowly, the pieces of the puzzle were coming together for Nosdyn. "What do we do now? I don't like scheming in the darkness, it's never been my way." Nosdyn said.

"Look at the document I gave you." The leader of the Observers said calmlly.

Nosdyn removed the parchment from his packs and unraveled it. It was a map. "She's been in Concordia this whole time?"

"Right in our faces but nobody has had the balls to fight her outright." The Observer said. "Until now."

"...So you're saying we waltz right in there and take her out? It can't be that simple." Nosdyn said to them.

"The one you have in your mind, Joshua Cronen, killed Draconus. By himself. IT IS that simple. But nobody has the balls." The Observer looked at Nosdyn. "Listen to me, Men don't need The Thayne. They are a relic of a bygone era. They all must die." The Observer said calmly.

Nosdyn sincerely liked the plan. A fool's mission...a suicide run. One last battle. Nosdyn though to himself. He'd convinced himself that the followers of N'Jal would be his own undoing. "What do I get out of it?" Nosdyn knew, there was always a price to pay.

"You will be the SECOND Thayne Killer." The Observer said calmly.

"It is ugly work but it must be done." Another Observer said. "Nosdyn...you must kill N'Jal." The Observer said. "She has already began to move against you."

Nosdyn looked down at the map. "I expect to be well paid for this job." Nosdyn suddenly said. "When I return I will make my demands."

The Observer nodded in agreement. "Kill her for us...make that bitch pay."

Nosdyn looked at The Observer. "We are in agreement." Nosdyn said calmly and turned to leave the mysterious chamber of The Observers...

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Reality returned back to normal as Nosdyn left the chambers of The Observers.

One of them appeared nearby once Nosdyn's mind settled down with all he had just learned. N'Jal...is there in Concordia. What does that mean...? Nosdyn found himself momentarily struggling with the weight of his mission. He looked at The Observer that appeared before him. "Was there something else?" Nosdyn asked after a moment or two.

"You are troubled by something." The Observer said carefully.

"The followers of N'Jal tend to be Undead in nature." Nosdyn said carefully. "They wanted me to do something for her...but I had the will power to resist her influence as tempting as it was." Nosdyn temporarily recalled the delicious screams of the followers of N'Jal.

"Nosdyn...things won't always be easy. But allow me the opportunity to thank you for what must come to pass." The Observer said. "I am certain you have many questions but I assure you they will all be answered in due time." The Observer explained.

Nosdyn was studying the expressions of the fellow. His eyes narrowed as he looked at The Observer. "I just thought of something." Nosdyn said very carefully.

The Observer raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

Nosydn tapped his own forehead for a moment. "This could all be in my head." The though was not unknown to him, it had happened before. And he'd grown rightly paranoid in his older age. Nosdyn looked very carefully at the person claiming to be The Observer. "Prove to me that I'm not walking into some sort of a death-trap." Nosdyn said calmly.

"You are after N'Jal after all." The Observer said calmly. "And she has already moved against you."

Nosdyn thought back to something and then it all hit him like a lightning bolt. The kiss! The Undead's kiss....Get out, this is a trap! Nosdyn suddenly reached behind himself and grabbed the approaching armed hand that was attempting to back-stab him. He was not built for speed, but he was paranoid. And had strong will power. Nosdyn knew that N'Jal's follower had not fully duped him. He grabbed the creature's hand and used his strength to disarm her. Then, he shoved her away. He looked at The Observer who was talking earlier, they were followers of N'Jal. Damn...I almost walked right into this.

"H-how did you know?" The stunned female Undead said as she looked up at Nosdyn from her position on the ground.

The first follower, pretending to be The Observer looked at Nosdyn with curiosity.

Nosdyn tapped the side of his head. "You can't influence what has noting to belong to." Nosdyn shook his head. "You two have one chance before I decide to horribly torture you. Tell me where N'Jal is and I will CONSIDER letting you go." Nosdyn was deadly serious.

But the first follower had a different idea. "Not sure how you broke through our influence skills, but I have a different plan instead." He ran up towards Nosdyn and suddenly grabbed Nosdyn's shoulders with supernatural speed.

Nosdyn growled as he was teleported away. Stupid...stupid... He thought to himself as they moved through the nether. The followers whisked Nosdyn to a far off remote section of Corone. There, they dropped Nosdyn. He landed in a crumbled heap but was still conscious. Pain coursed through his body. "Is that all you cowards can do?!" Nosdyn yelled.

The follower who had grabbed him appeared before Nosdyn. "You're in our web now. You leave when N'Jal...what!!??"

Nosdyn had enough. His weapon was already ignited and pierced through the mid-section of the follower. He was already burning up in ash. "No more games. I'm through with games, I'm not a weak-minded fool that you can just fuck with." Nosdyn plunged his weapon into the body of the creature before him. His eyes were full of shock and agony. The smell of sulphuric acid burned through the air. Nosdyn turned to look at the other follower. "Buy your life." Nosdyn said calmly as he walked towards her. "If you value living you have one chance at this."
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 04-18-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    ...Why do I feel this way...? Nosdyn thought to himself as he looked at the female Undead in her defeated state.

"I don't have anything to offer you so do what you will." She suddenly said.

Nosdyn came up with a different sort of plan. He thought quickly, on his feet attempting to get to the bottom of the situation at hand. He shut his weapon down. "Go home." He found himself saying.

"...You'd spare me?" The Undead woman asked. "You know I would not spare you in the same situation, so why?"

"I've learned what I needed to. Killing you would provide no satisfaction. I already left you without your superior anyway." Nosdyn felt unusually tired. He wasn't sure if it was the sudden teleportation or not, but he'd felt really worn out at that point. He just wanted to rest and put that terrible event past him.

"You're tired...? Did the teleport really affect you that much?" The girl asked.

Nosdyn could only nod. "Yea not sure why I'm telling you this but those sorts of spells always did affect me adversely." Nosdyn sighed, annoyed at himself.

She stood up and dusted herself off. At that point she walked closer towards Nosdyn.

"Stay where you are and don't come any closer." Nosdyn said. He wasn't sure if she realized in how much danger she really was.

"I have a different proposal for you, Demon." She said out of nowhere.

Nosdyn knew, dealing with Demons and Undead were like dealing with a contract society. Everything was always give and take, a battle and test of wills. So her sudden change of demeanor immediately put the Haidian on his guard for any potential trickery. "What sort of proposal?"

"You have strength in you, Haidian. The power to change things. If that means I have to cut ties and allegiance to N'Jal so be it. I choose you, Demon." She said and suddenly knelt before Nosdyn.

"Do you...do you have any idea what you're saying right now?" Because of his prior interaction with the Undead, he was hesitant to believe her words.

She nodded calmly. "I pledge my loyalty to you, Nosdyn son of Krotar." She said calmly. "If you would have it that is."

Nosdyn realized what had just happened. She's selling her soul to me...her servitude. Why...? I thought N'Jal's grasp was absolute. He thought for a long moment. Then he walked towards he and extended his hand for her to take. "Rise." Nosdyn said calmly. And in that instance, the two were bound to one another. "I accept your proposal." Nosdyn said as she stood up and looked at him. There is more going on here than just N'Jal's grasp. If Demon contracts can break the will of the Thayne...then perhaps... He looked around the two of them they were completely alone in an isolated part of Corone. "We don't have to go back right away you know." Nosdyn said.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

Nosdyn took off his leather vest and put it around her so she could equip it. "Wear that, you must be cold."

She put his vest on over her own clothing and it felt a lot better than the simple servant's clothing that N'Jals priesthood would provide. "You're right though, we don't have to go back for a while." She agreed.

He nodded. "Let me get my bearings. There should be a cave network around here. If we could make it there we can rummage up shelter. I know this area fairly well from extensive traveling." Nosdyn said. "And there that should do." Nosdyn pointed towards one of the nearby caverns. "Yes that one is adequate size."

The female undead admired Nosdyn's physique. He was well chiseled and built like a tank. His musculature was hyper defined and the exotic tattoo-like markings on his body made him more attractive. "We should move before sun-down hits." She said carefully.

Nosdyn nodded. "Follow me."

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    They were far from Radasanth at that point. Far from the noise and the corruption of civilization. Nosdyn and his companion built a decent campfire in the small but relatively comfortable cave they'd discovered. The girl sat next to him. Nosdyn kept his eyes on the campfire for a long moment thinking about what to do next. His mind considered something. "Can she be defeated?" Nosdyn asked the girl.

The girl looked up at him with her inquisitive gaze. "Cronen killed Lord Draconus. The Thayne can be killed." She moved so she was next to him, feeling his warmth. Demons were hot blooded and came from a very hot region of Althanas proper.

Nosdyn nodded. "You're cold." He wrapped his arm around her form to warm her. It was the least he could do to keep her warm.

"Thank you..I have been tired for a long time." She explained. "In The Fold...that is...N'Jal's followers there's a lot of in fighting and back stabbing. The structure is maintained by The Priesthood. It is the will of N'Jal. We all though her will was absolute."

"The Influence of N'Jal can be severed." Nosdyn said.

"There was one...Lorenor. A Priest of N'Jal who was betrayed by the very order he upheld." She looked at him. "The Priesthood gave Lorenor a forged copy of a book known as the Necronomicon. Lorenor discovered this treachery and realized there was no loyalty within the ranks of N'Jal. The one named Sei Orlouge found him and his companion."

"I've heard stories of the legendary Ixian Knights." Nosdyn nodded as he held her in close.

"The Ixians had a rite called Reformation. It was said to purge the darkness out of anyone. They saved Lord Lorenor." She cuddled against The Demon's warm body. "I wish I could undergo Reformation like he has done."

Nosdyn thought about what she was saying. He instinctively started to gently run his hand through her hair. "Perhaps there is another way for liberation."

"I have The Black Blood. How do you plan on freeing me from that?" It was a simple question...with deep implications.

"You've already taken your steps to freedom." Nosdyn said. "Perhaps we cannot do Reformation directly...but I have a different solution."

Nosdyn knew she was already bound to him...and he to her.

Nosdyn looked deeply into her eyes for a moment. "I want you to turn me." He suddenly said. "I want to test the potency of The Black Blood."

"Master...are you certain?" She was surprised by his request.

"You are not alone anymore and we'll deal with this together." He no longer had ties to Tular Plains, being an exile but perhaps....this woman in his arms would help him find his true destiny.

She placed her hands on his face. "Only if this is what you what you truly want." She did not want to put her curse in him...but in his strength she saw a hope.

"My people have always been strong." Nosdyn began. "In you I see something I want for myself though."

"And what..is that?" She asked.

"I want my Destiny back." Nosdyn knew, when he was exiled from the Tular Plains his story had ended. At that point, The Demon did not hold back anymore and he kissed his companion deeply.

She kissed him back in their warm and perhaps, forbidden embrace.

"I am ready." Nosdyn said, he stood up for a moment. And she followed suit.

"It will hurt." She said with some degree of hesitation.

"I am used to pain." Nosdyn responded, and he meant that.

She slowly walked towards his well chiseled form. Her jaw opening...

He was on the ground as the transformation took a grip on his heart.

"Just as I thought." She said calmly to him.

Nosdyn opened his eyes at that moment. "I can see you." He said to her and slowly got off the ground.

The bite marks on his person from where she transferred The Black Blood into his body were gory.

She nodded calmly. "It is healing..." She said with surprise.

Nosdyn balanced himself and his muscles were tightened into a knot. "When you hunger you can feed on ME. Always." The Demon said.

She realized what that meant. Overtime of feeding on him The Black Blood would leave her shattered form. "I can be free..."

"There..." Nosdyn suddenly said as The Demonic blood naturally cleansed the black ichor. "It is as I thought. Undeath can be cured." Nosdyn said, he was tired the rite of passage had taken a lot out of him.

She quickly hugged her lord and savior. He hugged her back.

There was no need to back home...there was no home to go back to. There in the mountain range of Corone proper they could stay to the end of time.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Time passed....

Nosdyn and his companion lived in co-existence together for a long time. The cave served as adequate shelter for the two of them far away from the restrictions of Hume society. Up until his time in Stonevale, Nosdyn had been a harsh individual working for a really dark organization. Stonevale had changed him. Considerably. One night, several months later Nosdyn woke up and he found his companion gone. A letter had been left where she would normally be resting at, waiting for him. Nosdyn read the letter...she was unable to be freed from her particular stage of Undeath. So to further compound the tragedy of N'Jal's Undead....his companion had gone to kill herself at some point the night before.

Nosdyn wept and grieved. In the short time that he had known the priestess she'd meant more than anyone ever had. He'd spent several nights in the cave crying for his lost companion. Then that fourth night...something happened while he had a troubled sleep. He had a dream...and for Demons to dream was usually never a good thing. Nosdyn found himself walking a back alley of Ettermire, and stepping forward. There were several horribly disfigured bodies all around him. A shadowy figure emerged from the darkness and walked towards Nosdyn.

"You've been gone a long time." The voice said.

Nosdyn looked at the apparition. "Yeah...I've been running."

"Perhaps too long." The shadowy figure said in response.

"You brought me here for a reason did you not?" Nosdyn asked.

"I did." The shadow figure looked around and then back towards Nosdyn. "The Calamity has come and gone...but your former Master and indeed...time itself never stopped moving here. Things have become bad here."

"That line of work has it's risks." Nosdyn said to the figure. "We all knew that going into the guild."

"Nosdyn...the time for you has come now. You must come back home." The figure said.

"Home is Tular Plains...." Nosdyn began attempting to deny who and what he was.

"How long are you going to keep up this facade?" The figure asked of Nosdyn. "We both know that life you used to live there no longer applies."

Nosdyn frowned. "What would you have me do? What would you have done different?"

The figure paused a moment. "The time has come for you to take over HIS operation."

Nosdyn blinked for a moment as if the thought had not occurred to him before. "The Boss....you're saying to kill The Boss?"

The figure nodded. "There is more at stake here than just the remnants of Ettermire. You have been denying who you really are for a really long time now."

The idea was seeded in Nosdyn's mind at that point. "I don't have a choice in this matter anymore do I?"

The figure looked at Nosdyn. "The woman you love...let her be the catalyst for this. Her memory. It's no different if N'Jal herself OR The Boss had stolen her from you. You HAVE to reclaim your destiny here."

The time had arrived. Months after The Calamity itself took place. Nosdyn found himself staring at the gates of a city he'd thought he'd never come back home to. Ettermire. I've been running for a long time now. It's time to settle up now. Nosdyn placed his hood over his head. With his cloak gently swishing about him. The whores were there in the various familiar corners of Ettermire, the dealers of this or that exotic...substances and other assortments of shady individuals. But the shadiest of all...Nosdyn had come back home.

it was now time to settle up once and for all.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Epilogue-

I wander...

The dark streets of Ettremire...home...

I have found my purpose.

I have found my reason.

My reason to exist...Exiled from the Tular Plains...my own Kingdom will rise int he shadows of Ettermire....

The Tribunal destroyed my life...I forged a new one from the fires of war.

Rebuilt and stronger....

But not dead. As long as my heart beats strong....I will continue to fight.

Now...the new war has begun on the wake of the Cataclysm.

My war with my past. The Boss....the time has come to settle up...

Across the table he sat at was one of the old crew. An Enforcer working for The Boss. He looked extremely uncomfortable staring at Nosdyn int he flesh. Nosdyn merely stared at him coldly.

"Why are you back...we were told you would never return?" The man fidgeted in his chair.

"Things have changed." Nosdyn said. Strangely, a feeling of deja vu crept up Nosdyn's spine. He recalled that day he was meeting with Lars. "You know why you are here."

"You defected it's not that simple. Rules of engagement have changed since last you worked for him." The fellow thought he was safe because they were in an openly public place. Eyes were on them.

"I've been through this song and dance before. Either you get me the meeting or you know what happens next." Nosdyn suddenly said, he was very serious.

The fellow thought he was safe. "You're crazy man there are guards here...there are eyes all over us. Why would you risk this?" The man asked.

Nosdyn narrowed his eyes. "You did not listen. Things have changed. I no longer want IN the organization. I WANT IT. All of it. The Boss's position of authority I am here to claim it. You either profit or you die."

The man proceeded to get up and attempt to leave. "You're fucking crazy."

Nosdyn placed his hand and grasped the other man's wrist. "You are not going anywhere."

A short time later it was over. About fifty people that were present in the tavern with them...all were publicly executed by the demon....all except one.

He stared at the man with cold anger in his eyes. The building was already set on fire around them. People were screaming their last dying screams. Nosdyn knelt down in front of the man before him. "You did this to yourself. Will you assist me or not?" Nosdyn asked. Knowing full well he was more than capable of forcibly extracting the man's memories anyway.

When the man tried to say no...a short time later only screams could be heard well into the Ettermire night.

Having the information he needed, Nosdyn placed his hood atop his head.

He was home...the time had come to take what was his.

The End.