EXP required for next Level: 553

GP

Name
    Archanex
    Race
    Overmage

View Profile
    (Excellent post bro.)

The thief was merely a hired blade. A small part of a much darker machine. An infection was growing right under the noses of the mining town. A terrible secret that was lurking in the darkness. The thief would never have noticed Sage's raven overhead. Instead, he had the book in his possession and would take it to his employers. The contact he had within the Apocalypse Cult paid well for magical artifacts and relics. It did not matter how they were obtained. The thief made his way to the furthest outskirts of Stonevale. There was a solitary old house. What was not known to the general public was that dark acts were being committed there...

"The tome is the real deal." One of Miranda's servants said calmly handing a book off to her.

She inspected the tome. "It's his writing...his glyphs..." She said calmly. Something else was going on and she was close to uncovering the secret of it all.

"My lady they are getting restless." He said with notable fear in his eyes.

"They must learn patience. Must we do everything our fucking selves." She handed the tome back to her cohort. "Pay the blade who acquired this well. See to it personally. We are close, there will be no loose ends this time." She said and returned back to the breaking of her pet.

"Your blood is quite potent." She stated honestly to the slave. He was on the floor, in a pool of his own blood, the blood that could not be extracted. She stopped approximately half an inch in front him. "It has been a month now." She said calmly. "The process we were taught condenses blood with certain genetic markers. It is actually quite a delicate matter." She had a soft smile on her face. "I want you to understand why this is happening to you." She said.

Archanex could only spit his own blood out of his mouth as she spoke. Humbled and broken as he was, he stared at her. He felt no fear anymore only pain.

"The secret you hold will be mine and mine alone." She said and grabbed his hair...

Someone else rushed into the torture chamber. "My lady there's a serious problem!" He stopped as he saw that she was getting ready to proceed with the blood extraction.

She shot him a deadly gaze. "You better have a good reason for being here."

"Bring your toy with you." He explained to Miranda, clearly referring to Archanex.

She was hesitant but complied with the flustered runner.

A few moments later they were outside on the mansion's courtyard. She saw several people she did not recognize. They were all armed with pitchforks and torches. Miranda sighed.

With Archanex by her side, she could do anything without fear. She kept Archanex tied to a chain style leash. He was obedient by that point. He merely followed his master. His eyes narrowed at what he saw next.

Miranda saw it too...they were not towns folk.

They were goblins...
    Last edited by Archanex; 06-11-2019 at 09:42 AM.