Althanian

EXP: 8,146, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 854
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 854

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    “So, are you saying that the civilisation that I am studying might be related to this … Svek-kal,” Quentalë Tur, one of my students whom I was helping with his fifty thousand word treatise, said, leaning forwards in his seat. His eyes were vivid and green and wide. “You think they could even be of the same area?”

“Descendents of, cousins of, traders of, yes,” I nodded, “although there is no evidence for the feminism you speak.” Quentalë paused before frowning.

“So nothing remotely connected to a matriarch in the study of them?” he asked.

Slightly, I shrugged. “Nothing as yet, although I am due to take a research trip to an old ruin suspected to be theirs. I will find what I can.”

Quentalë leant forwards, eager and blinking at me. He said nothing, but I knew that he had a question.

“What is it?” I sighed.

“Can I come with you professor? Please?” he asked, desperately. “It would be the perfect experience, and I could write from first hand. It would-”

Firmly I shook my head. There was no way I would allow him, when my research was far more concerned with finding references to the apocalypse, rather than anything to do with early feminism, or a possible world ruled by iron-steady women. “No, Quentalë,” I said, “that is not possible. It's far too dangerous.”

“But I have magic …”

“Yes and so do I,” I replied, dryly. “But it does not take responsibility away from the fact that I have a responsibility for your safety as your teacher. I will bring back what samples I can and make drawings, but I cannot allow you-”

“Fine,” he slumped back, bottom lip out. “Do you have any books on them that I can read meanwhile?”

A small sad smile came to my face as I nodded. I got to my feet, pushing the large chair that was behind the small desk of my office away from me and began to head to the shelves. Quentalë kept his grumpy eyes on me as my finger-tips danced across the spines, looking for one of the rare texts that mentioned the Svek-kal. They had not had an extraordinarily exciting civilisation - no human sacrifices or major wars - so were much overlooked for favour of other ancient societies. This was the reason I held so few, though I hoped to expand my field into the little known Svet-Kal.

I brought out a book, entitled, “study of Northeast Raiaera,” by a human called David Longshadow. Holding it out to Quentalë I began to smile - but then the door burst open.

Turning, I began to scowl at the person who had ruined my meeting with my student and began to open my mouth to complain, when I saw who it was. Tall, lithe, black hair neatly pinned to her head in a bun. She wore a long dark grey silk gown, had gloves up to her elbows and was smiling with me with the grace of a thousand peacocks, her fine lips curved and perfect.

“Char,” she crowed.

I stared at her. It was Nyx, one of my sisters in service to our brother Morningstar and rarely did I see her out of his court. My lips frowned, I let Quentalë take the book before I spoke.

“Nyx, please leave,” I replied. “If you can wait, I currently have -”

“Student, yes,” she nodded. “But I'm here for far more important business. Brother sent for you.”

I blinked, and my blood ran cold. Brother could only be Morningstar. But so soon after our agreement, when I had done so little? What was wrong, what could he want? I narrowed my eyes to try to look for any sign of manacles upon Nyx’s person, ready to be snapped around my wrists and take me to his court as a grumpy prisoner.

“Brother?”

“Ugh, Quentalë,” I turned to my student, “we will need to continue this later.”

The elf paused, but nodded a little as he rose. “Yes - yes professor,” he mumbled as he slipped out of the seat, his hands clasped around my book. “Next - next week.”

“Same time,” I grunted.

And I smiled as he awkwardly shuffled out, squeezing past Nyx. He lowered his eyes, daring not to look at her. As he moved into the corridor my sister turned back to me and I was scowling again.

“What does the bastard want now?” I muttered.

“Well …” she began.

Adventurer

EXP: 2,021, Level: 2
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 2,979
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,979

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena had devoured book after book, a few piles sat around her in Charon’s bed. She grinned as she closed the most recent book she had just read. This one was about a theory of civilization, when Thaynes walked among the humans. She sighed contently and though she didn’t want to allow herself she was getting comfortable here.

She glanced down at herself and groaned, she needed to get dressed in something more than a T-shirt and underwear. She slipped off the bed and searched for her bag she had packed. It laid still at the foot of the bed, she rummaged through it, mumbling to herself.

Smiling like a lune KC pulled out the silk dress her mother had given her. It’s deep rich, royal purple hue complimented her beautiful tea colored complexion. Stripping away her shirt she let it fall over top of her bag. With ease the soft fabric fell over her form. It rolled over her curvature breathtakingly. The bodice was decorated with shells that had been plucked from the hearth of Falleni.

She let her hands run over her dress, the skirt stopping just mid thigh. “I miss you,” she said softly hoping the spirit of her mother could hear her.

Exiting Charon’s room she was met with the sight of his daughter Selena. “Hello,” she gave a gentle wave. The raven haired girl looked up from what she was doing. “If you don’t mind…. I would love to accompany you to the court.”

Selena paused, her hands halfway through plaiting her hair into a long braid. Brow furrowed she stared at KC for some time before snorting. “You can't be serious. Char wouldn't let you go. He's explained what Morningstar is like, right?”

Koreena grinned shrugging her shoulders. “Ah but I am not Charon’s to command. I wanna get to know you and him better. What better way to do that then meet the asshole that drives you both crazy?”

“Well he's a lot better than Morté at least,” Selena shrugged. Then she narrowed her eyes again. “What has he told you about him?”

She named the things off, counting them on her fingers. “One, you are engaged, two he likes to be in control, three he likes to keep a tight leash with people in his court oh and he likes to kidnap your father.”

Selena paused, as she tied off the end of her plait, and then shrugged. “Pretty accurate. The engagement is a farce, though few people know that. It's part of an alliance between my father Morté, and Morningstar, and was a way to get me out of there safely. Or something.” She rolled back her shoulders and began to gather long hair pins from the sofa. “He likes to control as he's the embodiment of power … like Char is of destruction, and yeah he likes to kidnap Char. Keep him around for a few days in his dungeon, all that crap.”

She threw KC a charming smile as she began to wind the long plait into a bun, carefully arranging it around her long horns.

“So are you gonna let me tag along or am I gonna have to stow away in your carriage or however you get there?” Koreena grinned wiggling her eyebrows at Selena.

Selena looked honestly surprised. “You - you know he'll try to use you right? Get you on his side, to probably work for him or some shit. I don't know how he works but you are not smart if you go there willingly.”

“And I am coward if I try an avoid someone that is a big part of yours and Charon’s life.” She offered the girl a kind smile. “I will be able to take care of myself. If you and I are to travel together let’s make this a practice trip.”

Selena blinked, and then shrugged as she finished off pinning her horns. “Don't say I didn't warn you,” she answered. “And we get there by gemstone. Teleportation. Nobody is quite sure how to physically access the court - Char reckons it's in its own plane of reality.”

“Well let’s get this tele-party started.” KC giggled at her own lame joke, holding her hand out to Selena.

The half-primordial half-demon-death-deity smiled. Rolling her eyes she placed in the last hairpin before picking up a small beaded bag from the sofa. Swinging the long strap over her shoulder she reached for KC’s hand. “Don't mention the marriage is a farce, by the way, only a few know that. Also just don't be an idiot. You're really stupid for wanting to come already but …” she shrugged and reached into the bag. “Ready?”

Koreena frowned, “your words can be rude and cruel but no matter, off to this magic court to get yet another awkward meeting under my belt!”

“They're cruel, but true,” Selena said honestly.

And she gripped KC’s hand tighter before the muscles of her other hand flexed. There was a small burst of white light that emitted from the bag, then it was before their eyes, filling every part of their vision. Breath was sucked in, bodies went rigid as a feeling not unlike being in a bath as the water rises around you came and rose around them. Suddenly they were lifted away, wind rushed by their heads, fluttering in their hair. Their feet landed on something solid, grassy and bold, and the white light began to dim. As Selena managed her footing, she looked up to where they and gotten to - a large, marble white building, akin to a temple, set in an endless field of bright green grass.

Koreena’s legs wobbled trying to catch her foots. Strappy heeled sandals were not made for teleporting. Her dark locks streaked with white blew in the breeze, she quickly pulled her mane into a messy bun, a few tendrils falling down framing her face. “Stunning,” she breathed. Her dark gaze fell on the horned girl. “Lead the way.”

Selena looked at her once before nodding and taking her hand from the back. She straightened somewhat, rolling back her shoulders and lifting her chin. Her breathing began to accelerate, indicating stress, but still she kept her decorum. Cupping her hands before her she started into the court, going straight for the huge double doors set under the peaked roof. A bright light from the clear sky and sun shone down, and it obscured the vision of the interior for a moment, but as they walked the room before them became clear.

Huge and long, it seemed to take up the entire interior of the building. Several pairs of huge pillars made a wide avenue from where they stood to the end of the hall. Small brackets held lanterns for light, illuminating a few faces in the shadows beyond the pillars, but what they were clearly circumnavigating around was at the end of the room.

A semi-circular dais, perfectly round. On the wall behind it was a large heraldry banner with a golden snake curled upon an emerald field. Beneath this was a massive oak throne, decorated with real ivy, and within this throne sat a man. Tall, elegant, with chocolate brown hair spilling about his shoulders. His lips were a smirk, his eyes blazing with light, they lifted from the courtier who was currently before him - to stare right at Kora.

Koreena blinked a few times, her intense gaze never leaving the handsome man. She wasn’t naive enough to know he was powerful with just one glance. Morningstar, he sat proud in his throne, power just dripping off of him. Her breathing was slow, it wasn’t fear that gripped her heart like it did Selena’s. She dipped her head low, before rising it again, her gaze finding his own that bore into the newcomer of his court. “Hello,” her voice soft but bounced off the granite pillars.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    Morningstar’s eyes narrowed slowly as they perceived the being coming towards him with his fake bride. Lip rising in a snarl he sharply drew a hand across the air, indicating that his current courtier be gone. The man before him bowed quickly before twisting and hurrying away, throwing a furtive glance at Kora. The primordial of power stared at the continuing to walk pair of women, his gaze switching between Selena and the new comer, rage beginning to build in his chest.

“Selena …” he said slowly, in a voice that would make a thousand knees tremble. “What have you brought with you?”

Selena smiled awkwardly before descending into a small curtsey. “My lord, this is Kora.” The bright eyes seemed to get brighter and switched to stare again at the demi-succubus.

Again the woman in the purple silk dress bowed her head once more, “hello - my lord?” She didn’t seem to know how to formally introduce herself to someone with such power.

Morningstar paused, looking at her confused. “'My lord,’” he didn't look impressed. “You come into my court without my permission and deem yourself able to address me with familiarity. What, are you here then to express fealty with that 'my’? Already? When I have not even suggested I want it, whoever you are?”

Selena stepped forwards, “My lord-”

“I'm pretty sure she can speak for herself,” Morningstar interrupted, glaring at Kora. “Now who are you. And why are you with my bride?”

Koreena caught her plush lower lip in between her teeth for a moment. “You are correct I can speak for myself.” She took a step forward, and paused where she was. “My name is Koreena Cronen, formally KC or Kora and I have come to your court as a guest of your beloved bride. I asked her if I may accompany on her journey here.” She glanced back at Selena offering her an apologetic smile before turning back to the man on the throne. “I do not mean any disrespect for I don’t know how to address you. I can not call you by your name for that is too intimate and I may not call you my lord for that is too familiar for you.”

Morningstar paused before shifting in his throne. He took in a long breath before grunting. “Lord Morningstar is the proper term. You were not brought up in courts then. Tell me, how does a …” he paused, eyes flickering up and down over her. “What, a half succubus and something else divine, come to be travelling companions with my bride?”

“Well Lord Morningstar,” his name rolling off her tongue with ease. “I am but a sheltered girl that has of recently found my freedom and started to see the world. Your stunning court is just my first stop of many.” A smile dancing across her plush lips.

The man on the throne paused, blinking, before his lips turned into an impressed smile. “Very well said, girl. But you should have said something similar to wanting to see the crowning glory first.” He waved a hand at the massive room they were in.

She simply nodded her head slowly, “yes my Lord Morningstar your court and its breathtaking beauty will forever be imbedded into my memory. Thank you for sharing it's gloriousness with such a humble maiden like myself.” She bowed into a low curtsey.

He watched the innocence of her curtsey and rolled his eyes slightly, “Not 'my’. Leave it out. How did you come to meet Selena?” He gestured to Charon's daughter, who looked incredibly uncomfortable. “I know where she had been, so … you must have been on Tor Elythis at least.”

KC stood from her curtsey, she took a moment to think. “I was at Tor Elythis, you are correct.” She paused, “I met a professor on my travels, Professor Charles, I met Selena through the intelligent Professor.”

Morningstar sighed, and grunted. “Oh of course he is involved. Idiot, reckless brother.” He huffed and began to rise from his throne, calling out, “someone!”

Koreena chewed on the inside of her cheek as her dark blue orbs darted from Morningstar to Selena and back again.

Selena started, her lips more finely cut by chewing on them too much. As she took a step forward, Morningstar shook his head, and waited until a young man scurried from the shadows. He was human, dressed in a simple tunic.

The Lord Morningstar stared at him. “Have Charon fetched.” Eyes widened on the young man, long over to gaze at Kora.

KC’s gaze fell onto the errand boy, she could tell he could sense what she was. She tilted her head slightly, letting her hand reach up to undo her hair. She seemed to be trying to stall the boy as her dark brown locks streaked with white cascaded, falling down around her shoulders.

There was a great sigh and a thud of a palm on wood. Quickly the boy glanced back to his lord, who was looking at him with his brows raised.

“Well? Nyx will be in her apartment. She can go get him.”

The youth sucked in his breath and bowed before scurrying away. Morningstar curled his lip as he looked back to Koreena. “Perhaps you are more trouble here than you are worth.”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena ran a hand through her locks, she knew what she did next would set the tone for the rest of this encounter with the power drunk brute. Her ample breasts rose and fell before she looked at Selena then back at the man that had almost better hair then she did.

“I have heard such things be said to me before Lord Morningstar.”

In one moment her features melted into the appearance of his false bride, Selena. She was the soft spoken raven haired beauty. She blinked, the only feature that was her own were the dark blue orbs. Her hands ran down her silk dress before her gaze locked with his.

“I do hold a fair amount of tricks up my sleeve, Lord Morningstar.” She stated not as a threat but a comment.

Selena looked entirely put out by the emergence of a second of her. Hands tightening on the strap of her bag she stared at Kora, until Morningstar let out light laugh.

“Advertising yourself to me, are we now?” he asked in a warm tone. “I can see your use.” His eyes travelled up and down her, taking her in thoughtfully. There was an odd look in his eye, an interest, that hinted on the lustful.

“I have many uses Lord Morningstar, that was only a parlor trick.” As quickly as the false features were painted over her they quickly melted away. She was her curvaceous self again. A smile danced across her lips as she felt proud she had taken the heat off of Charon for the time being.

Morningstar slowly nodded, looking thoughtful and tempted. “So this is why you wanted to come? To show me yourself and your skills?”

Koreena took another bold step towards the intrigued man, her dark gaze holding his. “I wish to make a name for myself and though I have done that as a Falleni dancer; I want more, even those with the most power always wish to have more.”

Morningstar's head tilted to the side, lips curling into a smile as she came closer. Smoothly he became more relaxed in his throne, leaning on one arm. “A dancer, you say? I have seen some of the finest dancers, from the geisha at Akashima to the babudan in the early days of Raiaera glory. How do you rate yourself amongst them?”

Her soft melodic laughter filled the large hall as she shook her head, a elegant hand landing on her chest. “Oh Lord Morningstar Falleni dancers don’t just dance-” her voice turned soft and velvety. “No we make love to the music, we bare the most purest part of us when we are dancing.”

“Oh are you?” he warmly said, eyes quite literally glowing. One of his hands played on the edge of his throne. “How marvellous it must be to be one of you. Who taught you?”

“My mother, Leila. She has since passed but it was not just her teaching, being a demi- succubus it is in my essence, my DNA.” Koreena wetted her plush lips with a flick of her tongue. Dancing was something she was very passionate about, it was something that was also very intimate as well.

“I see,” he nodded, “you look young, tell me how old are you?” His fingers began to drum out a minor tune.

Koreena pursed her lips, “I have almost known sixteen winters. In succubi years I matured over three years ago.” She took in a deep breath before she released it. “My mother used to say there is nothing more dangerous than an old soul in a youth’s body.” She smiled kindly at the memory.

“Age will bring about wisdom,” he told her, with a charming smile, “you are young still, however you see yourself, but you seem to be promising. One can only hope you will grow stronger from this moment on.” He looked over to Selena and wafted a hand to gesture at her. “Tell me, with your ken in mind, what you think of my bride?”

KC’s gaze drifted from the man to the horned girl with the dark hair. Slowly she turned, her heels clicking softly against the stone flooring. Her his naturally swaying as she closed the distance between herself and the other girl. At this very moment she looked at Selena, she really took in her. Slowly she circled her, her gaze ran up and down her form, drinking in her appearance. Slightly, Selena glared at her.

“She is a stunning creature, I believe she has potential to do great things. She could in fact be dangerous as she looks so innocent.” She turned and looked at Morningstar. “I believe that most underestimate her which will cripple them in the long run.” She stepped back giving the raven haired beauty space once more.

Morningstar looked pleased at her assessment, raising his chin as she spoke and seeming to ooze pride. His lips parted and wickedly, he grinned. “Your assessment is interesting, Miss Kora, and your words most fluent. How about my court? Though you have not seen it in full splendour, what do you think of the setting, the scenery and it's land?”

KC started to walk around the room. Her hands delicately grazing the cool pillars. Her dark orbs dancing from one corner of the room to the other. A smile pulling at the edges of her mouth. “Everything is glorious. Your throne for example,” she walked up the closest she had ever been to the powerful man. Her fingertips stroking the solid wood. “Your throne is made of oak, strong and a solid structure just as the way you lead your court.” Her hands sweeping gesturing to the stone pillars. “Everything about your court is not only breathtaking but also shows strength. Most people would notice that even without a powerful being like yourself in the room.”

Slowly Morningstar nodded, his eyes like stars, hair seeming to flow about him as a dark halo. “Good … and finally, my dear Koreena, what do you think of me?”

The young succubus stepped back so that she was standing in front of him. Her head tilted to the side, causing her locks to fall in waves. “My thoughts of you, Lord Morningstar are simple yet complex like yourself. You hold the reins tightly on not only your court but your life. Since being here I have noticed your beloved bride like you address her as does not call you by intimate names. Things most lovers do such as my love, handsome or any other pet names. You like things in order and you like them precise just like everything in this room has a specific place which is why you became angered by my presences because I do not belong here and you had no control of me showing up as I did.” She let out a breath.

Just feet from her Morningstar slowly breathed. Bright eyes were focused on her and his lips were a sensibly moderate smile. For a long time he just held her gaze steady, the masses of power contained in that single look. Frozen, he simply looked, before a quiet breeze blew into the room. It was soft, and it was meaningful, and also it was wild. As it came Morningstar's gaze snapped up and a mild grin came to his face.

“The man of the hour,” he whispered.

The breath in Koreena’s breast caught. Shit. “Charon..” She breathed before turning her back to Morningstar to face the doors.

There stood two figures, both tall. One was gorgeous, with incredibly dark eyes and hair, flowing freely around her to her waist like a river of water. The other was smaller, had salty-tinted hair, and was steadily built. He had a great dull scowl on his eyes, and twisted to stare at Kora with disbelief.

His lips opened to speak - but he was cut off as Morningstar rose from his throne. His black robes fell about him as he smiled graciously and began to stride towards the couple.

“Sister, brother,” he said warmly, “glad you could join us.”

Koreena bit down on her lower lip she took a step towards her recent lover and though they had not discussed boundaries or titles she felt as if she had crossed one with the look that marred his handsome face. “I-.” She closed her mouth unsure what to say.

Morningstar barely looked at her as he began to stride towards them. His breathing was slow, his smile filled with pleasure. Gently he extended a hand as he came closer to them, as Charon shot Kora a warning look. He seemed well, if not irritated. Slowly Morningstar approached them, tall and proud - he reached towards Charon and touched him gently on the shoulder.

“Brother,” he greeted him with pleasure. “How lovely to see you.”

And he pulled him into an embrace. At the same time he twisted Charon around, smiling over his shoulder to Kora. Then his eyes glimmered and his smile suddenly became malicious. Koreena started to close the distance walking towards Morningstar, her heart seized with anger. Her dark gaze narrowed as she stared into the deep pools of dark power.

But she was too slow, and too late. Morningstar whispered something quick into Charon's ear - then plunged his fist into his gut.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    Pain exploded through my body as I doubled over, letting out a groan. There was so much power in that punch, made from many times more strength than the average man. The words that Morningstar whispered before he punched echoed around my head, “this needs to be, brother, for your well-being and hers.” It was not an apology, but an excuse. As he let me go I tumbled to the floor, hissing out a mutter.

“Fucking bastard.”

Koreena screamed as she ran towards me, her eyes flashed bright blue the colors of the sea. She called the magic from her blood lines as she looked to the grass, plants, anything that contained water. The water came to her as she thrusted with all her might aiming at Morningstar. “No!” Tears spilled down her tea colored cheeks.

The wave came fast and fluid, rushing at him with a roar of impatience. Morningstar barely looked at it, however, and raised his hand. Frozen, the water halted, inches from him, and his eyes looked over the stream hovering in the air between them, eyes focused on Koreena. Slowly, he breathed.

“You don't attack me in my own court, dear,” he said in a voice full of spite. “You don't use your power without my permission, unless you want repercussions and you do not come here, unless invited.” He raised his hand and the water fell to the earth, where it sloshed at our feet and my body. My body curled around my gut, still shaking with the pain.

“Got it?” he hissed at her, eyes full of darkness.

The young demi- succubus stood her ground, her chest rose and fell as she straightened out her shoulders. She stood in front of me like she was shielding me. “My assessment was right about you. You are a perfectionist and that will be your downfall.” She grinned wickedly at him. “I do not fear you, Lord Morningstar. I pity you for instead of having the love and loyalty of your family you use power and fear to try and control them.”

His eyes glittered with the light of a thousand suns. “There you are wrong, Koreena, daughter of the Thayneslayer and Leila, there you are wrong.” He pushed his face into hers. “Because I will never have a downfall. Instead, that fate belongs to people like you who think themselves too wonderful and clever to see their own faults. You thought you were playing me, when I was playing you.” Gently he nudged me with the heel of his foot, as I watched them with dull eyes. “Get up Charon,” he said, “this lesson is over.”

KC stood her ground, she let his words wash over her body. She shook her head, a small smile on her lips. “I am no more wonderful and clever then you are a narcissist and a sociopath. I have many faults, many in fact but I was not naive enough to think I was playing you. I knew it was an orchestra of deceit on both parts.” She turned her back to him and knelt down, her hands timidly touching my cheek.

He let out a light laugh. “Why did you even come here then?” he asked, his voice with an edge of disbelief. He flourished a hand at me. “I mean, he must have told you what I was like. Or what he deems me to be.”

I saw him roughly wave a hand at me as I looked into Kora’s eyes. Gently I smiled, letting her know I was fine.

“Charon, I said get up.”

“I'd prefer to lie here, thanks,” I grunted in a voice thick with agony still.

Koreena frowned at the pain that was laced in my tone. I’m sorry, she mouthed to me before straightening her spine and turning to Morningstar. “I came because even against my better judgement, against the protest of your beloved wife I needed to see. To see if you were the monster, dickhead that you are proclaimed to be. Even the ugliest of monsters have a good side. I came to see if I could see it, oh but yours must be buried deep within.” She glared at the proud court master.

My eyes rolled closed as I sighed, knowing that these speeches from her were only making him angrier. I could literally feel the tension in the room and the fury rolling off his body as he glared at her for a long time. Darkly, he hissed before he gestured. “Nyx, help our dear brother up. We need to talk privately. You,” he pointed to Kora. “Stay here,” he pointed at the still wet floor. “Until I am done.”

My sister grimaced slightly as she bent down. I opened my eyes then to see her give me a graceful smile, then she looked at Kora. “I'll take him,” she said gently, her hands smoothly running over my arms.

The look on KC’s face showed that she knew she had created not more trouble for herself but me. Her hand rested on my cheek for a moment, her dark gaze was no longer hard but soft and filled with regret. She knew she had let her temper get the best of her again. “Don’t punish him for the statements I made against you.” She let her hand slip from my cheek. Her gaze turned back to Morningstar as she stood up then letting Nyx step in.

“As I said, wisdom comes with age,” Morningstar said matter of factly, “and that is something you seem to lack.” He watched as Nyx slid her arms around my waist and levered my arm over her shoulders so I could use her as a support as I stood. My feet were unsteady, and he noticed this with his piercing gaze before he looked back to Kora. “Punishment comes to those who deserve it, by the authorities bidden governing the land to the subjects. You are not my subject, he, however reluctant he is against the idea, is. Therefore … your punishment is dealt to he associated closest with your crime.” He shrugged as he sauntered over and grabbed me by the throat. I gasped lightly, wincing as he smiled pleasantly at Kora.

“See you later,” he winked at her, before his hold around my neck tightened and he began to walk away. With me supported by Nyx I was forced to follow, rolling my eyes slightly as this drama became elaborate and we headed towards the small council chamber.

KC moved after them calling to Morningstar, “wh-what if I pledge my fealty to you? Wouldn’t you like to punish the tongue that tried to mar your name. If I pledge my obedience to you would you then not harm him- punish him for my quick tongue?” Her voice was soft as she took another step after us.

Both him and I looked at her with surprised expressions. Mine was more horrified, and his more intrigued. How could she offer such, I thought, as a small smile flickered on Morningstar's face, seeing what she had, or was this all part of his plan anyway? A low laugh came from the megalomaniacs throat.

“Too late for that this time,” he hissed, his grip tightening around my throat. I gulped in a breath before he cut off the rest of access to my lungs. “But maybe next,” and he grabbed me viciously by the upper arm and finished dragging me into the chamber.

The door slammed behind us. I was shaking as he pulled me over to a chair, then threw me into it. As he let go of my throat I gasped in air, noticing Nyx had let go long before and it was only us in the room.

“What the fuck-” I spluttered, rubbing at my throat, “was that all for?!”

My brother's lips went thin before he stood over me, eyes flickering over my neck and torso. Slowly he bent, fingers glowing golden as he began to heal where he had harmed me.

“She had to learn from the start,” he muttered, “that I am in charge here. No one else.”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena let her shoulders fall with defeat. Disgust washed over her as she had been trying to get better at reining in her temper. She had a quick thought to charge into the council room but she knew that would only make matters worse for Charon. She wasn’t even sure if he would speak to her now after the mess she had just caused.

“Damn it!” She growled. “I would have danced his enemies into seduction, drowned them with my infinity for water if he had taken my offer to punish me instead.”

Across the room, still paused by the dais, Selena anxiously watched her. She opened her mouth as if to reply, but it was the other female who spoke first. Dark and glorious the primordial Nyx strode from where the two men had gone, her tone disapproving.

“You could have stopped a long time ago, speaking as you did. But you kept going. That's not anybody's fault but yours.”

Kora’s gaze narrowed as she grunted at her. “Did I place blame on anyone else but myself? No I didn’t thank you. I know I could have stopped, my temper is one of my bigger faults as your brother pointed out!” She hissed, her fist clenched, knuckles white with tension.

She walked over towards the door, her hand resting on the cold wood. She sighed as she paced around the grand room. Her heart felt as if it was hammering against her breast plate. She chewed on the inside of her cheek. What is he doing to him in there? Is he okay? Would he ever forgive me…

The stinging of tears threatened her as she blinked rapidly. She tried to breathe in and out slowly. She looked at the wet floor before walking over to it. She lowered herself to the ground, sitting on her calves. She closed her eyes as she concentrated on the water, how it called out to her. She let the cooling sensation of the water wash over her, cleanse the darkness that had claimed her.

“You bathe us daily, cleansing us from the dirt and filth of this world. Come to me water, wash me- this anger away.” She mumbled softly to herself.

A small sphere of water started to cocoon around her. She could feel the peacefulness washing over her. She wanted to get this anger, this filth that was weighing on her to be washed away. In this place of serenity she would not think of the outside world. In this sphere of water she would concentrate on the good she knew she could be.

Her long rich, multi colored locks flared out around her like a halo. Her once dark orbs were now a lucious, crystal blue. Her tea colored complexion shined like the rays bouncing off of the water. The divine blood that coursed through her veins was starting to show. The sphere expanded giving herself room to stand. She listened to the way the water lapped against itself.

Slowly - slowly she started to dance.

There was an impressed noise from behind her as Nyx emerged out from before her. The black haired beauty, personification of the night stepped around Koreena, lips pursed and eyes focused. Circling her she slowly began to ascend the dais until she was at the throne, then she leant against one of the arms. Kora continued to dance, a swirl of motion and rhythm, her body moving perfectly in time with whatever beat lay in her head. All the while, as she got comfortable, Nyx watched, eyes intently on the demi-succubus, lost in a trance.

Selena was still in the same corner, but leaning against the wall and silent. Her arms folded against her she seemed less enchanted by the whirl and beauty that Kora was creating. Less entranced was she than Nyx, yet she could not deny that she was impressed. Kora spun and extended her limbs, the water swirling alongside her movements, small beads of it dancing like secondary artists alongside. Her hips swayed, her hair swam, her arms were as elegantly poised as a queen as she brought the room to silence. Even courtiers as they stopped what they were doing, as they wandered through the halls, stared to see the new attraction at the new centre of their world.

Kora went on, enthralling the crowd. Her water was as much part of the dance as she was, shaping the performance and repeating the rhythm again and again. She showed them the outside world, brought the mortal realm to their small existence out of time here.

Gradually the tempo lowered. The silence still existed, however, as breath was held, tension of pleasure was kept in the hearts of those who watched. Ten people stood around her as she pulled a final movement - an extension of her left arm - all utterly charmed. As she ceased to move and the water surrounding her returned to its natural state they remained where they were, except one. Slowly Morningstar stepped from the shadows beside the pillars.

His eyes were on Nyx. “If you could join us, please, sister,” he said.

Koreena was breathing slightly heavily as she looked from the long haired beauty to Morningstar. “Charon?”

Morningstar looked at her with a raised eyebrow. He said nothing to her then gestured, stepping back. “Nyx?”

Nyx paused, lips pursed before stepping away from the throne. Picking up her long dark grey skirts gently she began to head towards him, focus on where she was headed - a slightly open door from which Morningstar had first taken Charon.

KC bit down on her lower lip as she took a step towards the door. “Nyx,” she called after the dark beauty. “Will you please tend to him if-“ she couldn’t finish what she wanted to say. Her eyes pleading desperately to her.

Nyx looked back at her slightly, pausing before she smiled. Neither did she nod or shake her head, but the smile was genuine enough. Morningstar let out a light laugh as he placed a hand around his sister's shoulders and guided her into the room.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    “Brother,” came a warm voice.

Looking behind me I saw Nyx enter the room, her long hair flowing out in a curtain. I stood, hands leaning on a table as a map of the world was spread out before me, various markers upon it that Morningstar had only given some descriptions of. Other smaller maps were affixed to the side of the larger one, representing those of the underworlds and partner, smaller realms, in which Morningstar had some form of interest or just knew about. A small black cross now stood over what was Lornius, where my research had revealed the volcano to erupt from. I was still focusing on how precisely an old island of mountains, that had lain dormant for years could cause havoc, but that was all part of my usefulness. I watched as Nyx gave me a cautious look on her face, before she nodded over her head at Morningstar. He was loitering in the doorway, his back to us, and I could only guess at his expression.

“Rahl above,” I said out loud, and leaning back from the table. I shook my head and began to stride over to him. “You're not still letting her think that you're still-”

“Oh get the fuck back,” my brother threw a glare over his shoulder at me, his voice a whisper. “If what it takes her to respect me and my laws is to believe that you are being beaten because of her, then so be it.”

“You've already beaten me for her, Morn,” I scowled, coming closer, my arms folding, “what else can-”

He allowed me to get close enough so I could see her face in the gap. Then he grabbed my face and shoved it, along with me, away. I growled and yelled.

“Morn!”

But he only was grinning back out, before he slammed the door shut. I stood there, nursing my jaw slightly as he leaned against it, lips twisted up in a wicked grin and his ear flat against the wood.

“Charon!” I heard her call, concern laced in her soft tone.

“You're ridiculous,” I muttered, and he shook his head, eyes beaming with excitement and greed for power, gesturing for me to stay silent.

I opened my mouth as he hissed. “I'll take her offer if you don't go with this.”

Rolling my eyes, and finding that my jaw only hurt for a couple more seconds - he had only pushed with the lightest of touches this time - I watched him. Naturally I knew I would tell Kora what had actually happened later, and Morningstar knew it also, but for now he was desperate to play his hand. I also knew that were I to interrupt this idea of a game for him out could lead to consequences for both Kora and I - such as him taking her hurried offer of fealty, as he threatened - and I did not want to see that happen.

I heard the soft clicking of her heels as she approached the door that my brother was blocking. “Charon?” Her voice came again almost pleading for an answer from me.

“Call out again,” he whispered imploringly, his eyes on me. “Go on.”

“Morningstar,” I stared at him straight, but answered in a voice as quiet, “I'm not playing this game. You-”

He rolled his eyes impatiently and clicked his fingers. The ugly, familiar golden manacles that were used to both secure me because of the potential danger I could cause in his court, as one uncontrolled still by him, as well as limit my power when I was here, burst out of the air before me. They spun towards my wrists, but instantly I reacted, yelling out angrily to him as my new found, more effective and instinctual power rose, then burst forth from my palms. It clashed without my direction at the manacles and sent them bursting into a thousand fragments, causing a high amount of metallic noise as well as my own cries of annoyance. The smirk from Morningstar told me that was what he had entirely what had been expecting to happen, and that my reactions were exactly what he had wanted. He might not be able to tether me anymore but he could certainly manipulate the situation. Nyx, who was pouring over the map, completely disregarded us. My expression became dark scowl as I glared at him, but again he held out a hand to keep me silent.

“Please, please stop! I’ll do whatever you ask!” She cried out trying to get past him to me. “I- I’ll seduce your enemies for intel, I will dance for your courts entertainment! Please just stop hurting him.” Her voice sounded thick with tears.

That was my last straw. I headed towards him, my arms loosening, brow becoming low. My jaw tightened as I growled at my brother. “Okay that is it, you've played with her enough, she's not yours she came here by mistake, Morn, and you've punished her enough. Stop being such a dickhead!”

I shouted the last as I came to him, so much so that she would be able to hear it behind the wood. I did not go for the door, that would be much on stupid when he still stood in front of it, but I said it so that Kora would gain at least some form of understanding what was actually going on inside the room.

“Well?” I asked him, staring at him, my eyes dark and his still dancing with the delight of his deceit.

My brother stood there for a moment, before his smirk died and he pushed away from the wall. Grabbing the door handle he pulled open the door and we both saw Kora there, a miserable heap on the floor. Beyond her was Selena, anxious at the edge of a pillar, her eyes wide, watching, clearly having come over during the scene.

“Maybe you should not be so quick to judge,” he snarled at her.

She wiped at the silent tears that streaked her cheeks. She looked at me as if I had almost betrayed her not speaking out sooner to let her know I was okay. She then shifted her gaze to Morningstar as she pushed herself to stand up. “Your court may be stunning but you are filled with deceit and hate. It won’t get you far in this world Lord Morningstar. There will come a day when your siblings grow tired of your tyrant ways and turn their back on you. I pray to the great mother Goddess you change before that happens.”

His brows rose as he looked at me, a sigh on his lips. “I honestly don't know what you see in her, brother. Why potentially ruin what you have with Reg-”

“Come on,” I said to Kora, leaning down to her and offering her hand. I ignored my daughter, and would talk with her later. “Let's find somewhere private to talk.”

“Charon, we haven't finished-”

“I'll be back, when I'm done, Morningstar,” I glared back at him. “Then we talk however long you want.”

His lips pursed, and he narrowed his eyes at me. “Be back soon.” And he twisted sharply to march back over to the table, and the map of all his plans.

Koreena took my hand as I helped her up but as soon as she was steady on her feet she moved away from me some. Her arms wrapped around her curvy waist. I let out a breath, glancing back briefly behind me, then closing the door. Looking back to get I saw the way she hugged herself beyond all, and realised she did not even want me to help.

“Do you want to go back to the town?” I asked in a low voice. “I can arrange that, you don't have to see me again.”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Her tone held no emotion but that did not stop the tears that slipped down her face. “It would be easier for you if I went.” Her gaze never leaving the floor.

Her chest was heavy, she knew that Morningstar was indeed a control freak but she didn’t know that he had that much control over Charon. In her mind she felt he could have easily hollered earlier that he was fine, instead he went on with the charade. She almost pledge fealty to his egotistical brother and he would have said nothing.

“It depends on you, Kora. If you want to go, I will take you, but I will need to return here,” he spoke low, watching her. He let out a sigh. “You shouldn't have come on your own whim. If you had wanted to meet him then you should have waited for … something. Him to come to me, not appear in his land suddenly.” He reached out to touch her shoulder. “Do you want me to take you home?”

Koreena stepped from his touch. “Do not reprimand me like some child.” She wiped at her cheeks angrily. She cleared her throat before she took a deep breath. “Maybe someone else should everyone seems to think that you and Regina are a couple. I’d hate to be another unwanted mistress.” She took a shaky hand and collected her hair, suspending it up in a bun.

He looked confused at that, both her moving away and her words. Awkwardly he looked at Selena, who was pouting a little, then back at the demi-succubus. “Kora …” he said carefully, “we had this conversation. Look, I told you what Morningstar was like, I'm just surprised you would want to seek him out after what I said.”

She laughed a laugh that was not her own joyous melodic laugh. “I am not upset about Morningstar. I have met men like him - I have served men like him. I just can’t believe the coward you turned into. You let him let me think you were being severely hurt. I said things I would have never said had I know you were fine! I was willing to give my freedom away for him to let you go because that’s what friends do for one another. I told you I don’t do commitment and this is one of the reasons why. I care too much to commit to someone to hand that power but almost gave it to a crazy man like him to help you.” Her voice broke as a more tears fell. “I know it was my quick tongue and temper that got me to this place but you could have easily stopped it with some reassurance.”

Charon was standing there, arms folded, listening to her. His eyes were narrowed at hers, his breathing fast and unsteady. He opened his mouth to speak, then shut it again, huffing out before he shook his head and looked away to Selena. Her eyes dropped down. “You call me a coward - you spend the last five thousand years of your life playing to some other man's tune, and every time you resist other people are punished. It's not-” he shook his head and looked back to Kora. “Fine. Be mad at me. I didn't ask you to commit. We were in it for the sex, that's what we discussed, and friendship. I didn't ask you to come here, you didn't have to come if your idea was just to save me or some other idea. Morningstar and I … We have an arrangement, that I cannot go into. But I'm not a coward. I just know where power lies, I see it and work with it.”

She flinched as if he physically hit her. Her gaze was on the ground. “Who needs enemies with a friend like you? At least the sex was good. Go do your duties to your brother and thanks for the fun. I hope your plans with saving the world turn out but I think we should part ways. You and I are on two different realms, thank you for sharing your time with me.”

Charon looked at her with eyes full of disappointment. Slowly he blinked, then moved back, confused and uncertain as he listened to her words again and again in his head. “You … wanted this to be more? I thought that we agreed …” he looked honestly lost, “Kora, dating me is not smart. There's a hell of a lot more going on here than simply saving the world that you don't know about. My 'duties’ as you call them here, aren't that, they're agreements made with my brother that took days to negotiate. You're …” he shook his head, and then shrugged. “You know what. We do belong to different worlds. If you don't want to stay, then fine, I'll arrange for you to leave. But you - you could have been something. But clearly you don't even want to be friends.”

And he moved then, a severe look of discontent on his face. He shoved open the door again, calling out in a low, miserable tone. “Morn, she is going back home.”

Koreena sat for a moment before she glanced calling after him. “If I continue to be around you I will want more then what we were. I won’t allow myself to fall for someone that isn’t emotionally available.” She glanced at Selena wiping her cheeks. The young woman was awkwardly still by the pillar, watching with silence. “I may just be a demi succubi but if you ever need me they say if you wish to summon us whisper our name into the wind and we will come. Don’t let anyone eclipse your light. You are destined for great things.” She meant that honestly, the beauty had potential to be so much more. “And - take care of your father remind him there is good in this world. To allow his hair to be let down.” She whispered softly before kissing the girl’s cheek.

Althanian

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    Selena gazed at her a while, her own lips a tight line. Her chest heaved up and down as she gathered her wits to finally speak. “Char is a good man,” she mumbled, “he just misunderstood what you wanted from the … sleeping. I think. You don't need to go.”

“It’s time for me to travel, to see the world I have been denied.” She smiled sadly. “He is an amazing man, he didn’t misunderstand I just didn’t think I was going to like him and you as much as I did. I never thought I would want to be apart of someone else’s life - it’s time for me to go.”

Selena’s eyes were filled with disappointment, and sorrow. Her hands came to her chest and fumbled a little as she spoke quietly. “You - you like him? Then why did you not tell him that instead of shouting at him and making him feel guilty? You could make him happy.”

Koreena’s lips fell into a deep frown. “I am not what he needs right now. Maybe sometime in the future if the Mother Goddess permits it.” She sniffled as she took the girl’s hands in her own. Her thumbs stroking her soft flesh reassuringly. “Will you promise me that you will take care of him? Remind him there is more to life then agreements and pleasing others. Will you?”

“From what I gather all he wants to do is save the world,” Selena mumbled, looking down at their clasped hands. “But he'll be fine. He doesn't need me to look after him, he can do that himself.” She breathed out and then focused on Kora. “Be careful yourself, okay? Remember, the people here aren't the worst. Morningstar is a saint compared to others.”

Koreena smiled softly as she nodded. “I will.” She started to turn letting the raven haired beauty’s hands slip from her grasp. She took a few steps before turning back. “He will need you, Selena.”

“He needs himself,” she cupped her hands together, lifting her head a little and gazing back at Kora. “See you later, I'm sure.”

The door before Kora was still closed mostly, and there were low voices coming from within. One was thick with sarcasm, and the other was taunting, then unamused.

KC waited a moment, taking a deep breath she rolled her shoulders, straightened her delicate spine and knocked three times. “I am ready to leave this place.” She called behind the door.

When we heard it, silence fell between us. Our arguing seemed to cease, before a single, low comment was made, something rude by Morningstar that Kora did not hear, then there was a light female laugh. The door was yanked open, revealing Nyx who smiled fondly back at Kora. “Hello, dear. They're discussing who should take you back. Who would you like?”

Kora looked shocked for a moment. “I - I just assumed I would be sent on my own to collect my bag at Charon’s home and start my traveling..”

“You did?” Nyx’s brows rose. “Oh, well that's … interesting. One moment,” she shut the door halfway and her shadow moved as she elegantly strode across the room. The broad round table with its many chairs was visible, alongside the edge of the map and Morningstar and myself shouting at each other. “Hey, my lord, Char, please. We need to …” she fell quiet as she pulled us into a close discussion, myself looking sour, Morningstar more intrigued now. She spoke of how Kora was ready to go, but that our conversation we were currently having was still too important.

KC watched the two men closely, she could never understand the relationship they had but then again she herself was fleeing from her own brother and father. “Is something wrong with my assumption?” She asked gently.

“Oh no, dear,” Nyx looked over at her, smiling, as Morningstar and I continued to quietly debate. I made several gestures to the map, and Morningstar was looking at me as if I were mad. To Kora it would have seemed confusing, despite the fact I was explaining that we could not be sure where the apocalypse comet would strike. Nyx curled her long hair behind her ear before pausing, and taking in a breath before I gave up. I grabbed the quartz lying on the table that had been sitting there since our argument began.

“I'll take her,” I growled, as I left the two of them and started towards Kora. After all, I was not going to let Morningstar take her - that I was determined, despite his decent argument of me being too close to her. Nyx had not been fully engaged in the conversation to offer an opinion as yet. My eyes were dark and my hands were tight fist as I strode.

She flinched at the sight of my tension, her brows furrowed as her plush lips frowned. She sighed waiting until I was closer to speak to me. “You should breathe before you give yourself a heart attack…” Koreena tried to lighten the sour mood she had helped to put me in, in the first place. Confusion swirled in her mind, he wanted friendship but acted like if her leaving was a betrayal.

“I'm fine,” I said stiffly, “but you can't go alone because your things are in my apartment and you don't have the keys.” I growled the last, huffing. I strode quickly out of the room, into the main hall, longing nothing more than to get this over and done with now. “Do you have everything you came here with?”

Koreena smiled brightly, one that didn’t reach her eyes. “Everything but my dignity.”

I let out a hollow laugh. “I lost mine a long time ago, so you're not alone there.” I pulled the door closed behind us, then looked around, seeing Selena. She paused for a moment before peeling herself away from the pillar and quietly beginning to walk away. I would talk to her later. I grunted, then held out a fist. “You need to … touch me. Just a finger is fine.”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena glanced from his closed fist that he held out to his dark gaze. “I have touched more than just your finger a few times now.” She frowned gently laying the palm of her hand over his white knuckles. Her thumb itched to stroke the tension from his fist that she put there.

He breathed in sharply, and turned his eyes away. He opened his other hand to reveal a small quartz stone that was gently pulsating. It began to glow bright and dull faster as he narrowed his eyes at it. “I don't have long, we were in the middle of something important.”

KC then boldly stroked his hand before giving a squeeze. “I won’t take up any more of your time. I just need to grab my bag and I’ll be on my way.” She paused wanting to tell him she was sorry for all the pain she caused him. She wished to tell him she was starting to care for him more then she should but she didn’t. It needs to be a clean cut.. She thought to herself and closed her mouth before she could create anymore problems.

He nodded once, and watched until the quartz gleamed, then all around them was suddenly white light. He breathed in deeply, as he waited to see where they had been sent. They landed in the corridor outside the apartment. Grabbing the door handle he pulled out some keys from his pocket and began to shuffle with them. “I don't have long, the stone will bring me back in half an hour right so.”

Koreena nodded, she waited as he opened the door ushering her in. She head straight for the bedroom, her heels softly clicking against the floor. She smiled sadly at the sight of the books on the bed, the shirt she had stolen from him last night to wear. She started to tidy things up, placing books back in their rightful homes.

“Oh don't worry about that,” came his voice, speaking quickly as he balanced two books him his own hands. “I can do that later. The important part is making sure you are comfortable riding back.”

He let eyes wander over the end collection and nodded slightly as he calculated roughly that each book was still there. Everything was there, after a quick estimate, and so that it was done in a matter of seconds and confidence. Then Charon grunted and stood taller. “Anything else you want?”

Koreena froze still bent over, she looked back. “There are many things I want.” She sighed before walking to the end of the bed where her satchel was. She slung the leather strap over her shoulder.

He looked dully at her briefly, before he then looked away. “I apologise for acting as I did. But things would have been worse right now if I had.” He ran a hand through his hair, staring at the piles of books as he stood still in the hallway.

“You did what you thought was right, I accept that. I also should apologize for the harsh words I said to you. My temper gets the best of me a lot - all the time.” KC smiled sadly as she walked towards him, thinking things could have been completely different.

“Hmm,” he grunted a little, taking in a long breath. “We all have our faults.” He pushed his hands into his pockets as he switched his gaze over to her. “Mine are habits that I cannot get rid of. Which is an excuse but …” he shrugged.

Koreena reached up and boldly let her thumb run across his furrowed brow. Small lines of tension ran across his forehead as she tried to smooth them out. “You have a bad habit of creasing your forehead when you are upset. You hold all of your tension here.”

“Well good thing I'm immortal and ageless,” he answered with a quick quip, “as they will never show as wrinkles.” Still though his brow furrowed, heavily and low.

“Good thing,” she grinned letting her hand run from his brow to down his cheek. Her hand cupped it for a moment before she let her hand drop to her side. She still liked the way his skin felt against her.

He had his eyes on her then, breathing now more regular. For a moment he just stared at her, lost in the warmness of her irises and the endlessness of her pupils. He let out a small sigh.

“I probably will be gone for a couple of days,” he said in a low voice.

She laughed softly, stepping close to him. Koreena stood on the tips of her toes and kissed his cheek. “Off saving the world… my superhero.” She whispered softly.

He froze, his body not going rigid, but into some form of shock. “Kora …” he murmured, uncertainty in all his tone.

“Yes, Charon?” She said softly, tucking a strand of white hair hat had fallen in her face. He began to shake his head. “We - this isn't right. We - you and I, like you said, belong in different worlds.”

Koreena’s plush lips fell into a deep frown as she looked away taking a step back. “I thought you were about to open up. Silly me, I understand and I did say that so I will stand by it if that is what you want.” She cleared her throat blinking a few times.

He looked appalled when she did, eyes wide; “That's not what I meant. Not really. I thought you didn't … and now you want … we never discussed …” his finger roughly gestured between them.

“I said it because I am scared shitless of commitment and you made it abundantly clear that a relationship isn’t what you want..” She paused taking a deep breath. “Being around you feels natural, Hell I even like being around your daughter and I don’t get along with females..” KC’s gaze dropped to the floor as she chewed on her lower lip. Selena had been right instead of pushing him away she should have told him that she liked him.

Charon’s face was streaked with pain, as he looked away. “It's complicated with me,” he murmured, “I'm free as much as I can be, but they'll always be things that I'm not in. Such is …” he cut off, uncertain. “Sorry. Right now I cannot commit to anything without first speaking to … other people.”

Kora nodded slowly, her eyes shined with unshed tears. She cleared her throat once more swallowing around the large lump that formed. And rejection… I am scared of being rejected.. She thought to herself. “Then if it is meant to happen we will meet again. I hope all goes well with your mission.”