Adventurer

EXP: 2,021, Level: 2
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 2,979
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,979

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena slowly got from the examination table, redressing herself. She sighed as her back was tightly wrapped, the movements causing her only a little discomfort. Taking a moment she stood there, feeling exhausted but she knew she need to speak with the Lord of the court sooner than later.

“I need to speak with Lord Morningstar first, do you know where he is Selena?” Her voice was soft but even.

Selena paused, looking suddenly a little embarrassed as rose came to her cheeks. “He … he is not available,” she said with a small whisper. Her hands cupped before her awkwardly.

The demi succubi nodded slowly, if she was to pledge fealty to him she knew she needed to start showing him some respect. The first thing she needed to address is if and how long he wished for her to stay in his court. She sighed sorting things out in her mind for a moment.

“Would we be able to send someone to let his Lordship know that I would like to request an audience with him?” She tilted her head to the side, her fishtail braid swaying with her.

Selena glanced from the healer to Kora. McKay was trying to ignore them and not listen to their conversation, but his biting of his own lip betrayed him. She let out a small sigh, and gestured to herself.

“Yes, I as his … official bride could go, but it's really best to wait until he is done. They do not like to be disturbed.”

Koreena’s eyes grew wide for a moment slowly starting to understand bits and pieces of what the princess was saying. “Oh… well when he’s done then. I guess I should rest until than.” She pursed her plush lips awkwardly.

“Well, it's more a matter of when they are all satisfied,” Selena muttered quietly, looking at her hands surreptitiously. She looked distracted for a moment before, wonderfully, she smiled again and looked up. “Yes. You could rest. Excellent idea. I'll let you know when he is available. Shall I take you back to your room?”

Kora smiled at her friend, “you don’t need to babysit me dear, I know the way back. You should go attend to more important matters. I will be just fine.” She nodded assuringly.

For a moment the princess looked confused, but then she sighed and nodded. “Of course. Very well. I need to go up the corridor anyway so I'll go with you that far.”

KC nodded before she turned back to the healer that had been eavesdropping harmlessly, “two days..” She repeated softly before leaving his domain. They pair walked quietly down the hallway, Koreena comforted with the silence before the hallway split into two ways.

“If you want to go back to the city, or your home town, I can arrange for you to be sent there,” Selena offered as she pulled herself to a halt.

Shaking her head she gripped Selena’s hand for a moment, “I told you I would stay and I shall. I have business to work over with the big man anyway.” Her tone trying to sound light hearted.

Selena’s brow rose. “If you are sure. Just … do not do anything in haste. You are in a world that few mortals ever tread. And you will not change much, my dear. My birth father is … of particular necessity to Lord Morningstar.” Her eyes were steady on Kora's. “You will need to live with that.”

“I must unfortunately live with a lot of things but I understand.” She let her hand slip from the Princess’. She took a deep breath before bowing to the best of her ability. “Until next time my fair lady,” she grinned at the ironic reference.

Selena laughed lightly. “You're a female so it's a curtsey, but you are almost there. I will teach you later,” she herself gave a shallow curtsy before she turned to leave. “I will see you soon. Remember, don't try to free him on your own.”

“If I would have curtsied I don’t think I would have been able to get back up,” she teased her friend. She nodded watching her friend leave the opposite way.

Koreena turned on her heels, slowly making her way down the hallway to the room she was given. She hummed a gentle, melodic tune. Her range of vocal ability was vast as she went low, dancing back up high. The notes bouncing from the stone columns as she gradually made her way.

A few maids that she came across stopped for a moment taking in the stranger that walked their halls. She simply nodded but continued on her way to the room. The tune slipping from something cheerful to sadness and despair. She finally rounded the last corner the room she was given two doors down on the left.

Koreena pushed the door open to find a maid tidying up the semi spacious room. “Oh - uh hello..” she said softly almost causing the young girl to jump from her own skin.

“You don’t need to do that,” she said quickly feeling awkward.

“It’s my job miss,” the mousy little lass said.

“Thank you but I have got it, I came to rest anyway..” She bit down on her lip feeling bad for interrupting her.

“As you wish, Miss” the maid curtsied deeply before rushing past her and out the door.

Koreena sighed as she walked over to the bed, pushing back the blankets before climbing into the bed. She sighed gently laying down, trying to find a position that didn’t cause too much discomfort. She laid on her side pulling the covers up to her chin, nestling in. Sleep found her with ease as she closed her eyes letting her problems melt away.

Althanian

EXP: 8,146, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 854
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 854

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    “She wants an audience with you.”

Looking up from where he lounged, Morningstar fixed the messenger with a raised eyebrow stare. His 'bride’ blinked back, her raven hair pinned sharply back. Her hands cupped in front of her she looked back at him with as much intensity. Slowly she breathed as his gaze became one of amusement.

“I see,” his lips began to twist into a smile.

Leaning forwards he let his feet slide from where they had been resting against the table, onto the floor. There was a quiet noise of annoyance from the young woman who had been idly massaging his feet. Morningstar looked at her. “Later, Talia,” he said softly, as the massager threw Selena a glare.

Selena was only partially surprised. Somehow Talia, a member of Morningstar's harem, had managed to get him all for herself. The wily maiden had persuaded him from the hidden seraglio and into his own private chambers. They were separated from the rest of the palace, being accessed instead from a door to the back of the throne room. Morningstar had been reclining in an armchair in the safety of his cream-coloured summer lounge, so called for the theme of the decoration, when Selena had come in.

The prince began to rise, as Talia sighed and moved back to allow him room. As he straightened his clothes and found a suitable pair of court shoes Selena went on.

“I believe she wants to talk to you about … what you told me she mentioned before,” she murmured.

“Indeed,” Morningstar replied, “I suspect she does.”

Selena paused, her fingers pressing together. “Are … what are you going to say?” she asked, slightly nervously.

Tilting his head back Morningstar fixed Selena with a questioning look before he answered. “Selena, that is for myself to know. She would be pledging herself to me, not to you.”

“I know that, Lord Morningstar, but-”

“Selena, this kingdom may be easier for you to live in, as opposed to your father Morté's, and you may officially be the lady here, but it is still mine,” he paused as he looked down at the current outer robe he wore, and began to pull it off. Talia quickly scrambled to her feet to aid him, taking the clothing as he discarded it. “In that case, do not ask me what I am going to reply. What you can be certain that Charon's situation will not change.”

Selena blinked quickly, her eyes looking away from him. “I know that,” she said quietly, “I was more concerned with … Kora. She's a good friend, and she thinks this is going to aid him.”

“Well she'll very soon learn that is impossible,” he shrugged, as he pulled on a clean robe that Talia brought to him. He smiled pleasantly at Selena. “He knows where he stands with me, and that is all I need.”

“She said she thinks she is falling in love with him,” Selena said quietly, seriously.

Morningstar paused, concern passing over his eyes. His lips pursed slightly and he took in a long breath. “Well,” he replied, “that is either going to be a great benefit, or a problem.” He was silent for a moment before he nodded once. “Have her come to me in the small council chamber.” He twisted around to smile at Talia and give her a soft kiss.

Selena watched them, the way Talia's body literally shivered with delight. The concubine bent her body into his, their bodies briefly aligning. If she was being honest, Selena was truly happy that she didn't have to have relations with him. She would not want to have competition with his six lovers.

Morningstar pulled away from Talia. The concubine was beaming, as if her happiness was beauty itself. Softly, his fingers traced around her jaw, before he turned to face Selena, his brows rising.

“Well?”

She breathed in and shallowly curtseyed. “Yes Lord Morningstar,” she murmured, before she twisted and started out.

Adventurer

EXP: 2,021, Level: 2
    Level completed: 1%, EXP required for next Level: 2,979
    Level completed: 1%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,979

GP

Name
    Koreena Lynn Cronen
    Koreena snuggled into her pillow with a sigh. She was somewhere in between sleep and barely conscious. With protest she peeled her eyes open she stifled a yawn, wanting nothing more then to snuggle back into the pillow and sleep for days. She blinked a few times willing the sleepiness away.

She sat up slowly, the stiffness in her back was bearable as she stretched her joints. Her eyes took in the room, she yelped in surprise when she saw Selena in the same spot as before. “You know it’s almost disturbing that I wake up to you watching me sleep, again.” The demi succubi teased the lady of the court.

Selena barely smiled. “Your request for an audience has been granted. When you are ready he will see you.” She sat, her hands neatly folded on her lap.

Kora’s face twisted with surprise at her friend’s formality but composed herself quickly. “Thank you, Lady Star.”

Quickly she scrambled out of bed, exhaustion still trying to greedily claim her. She sighed before rushing to the bathroom, rinsing her face with cool water. She dabbed her face carefully before heading back towards Selena.

“Lead the way please.” Her arm sweeping towards the door.

Selena inclined her head, before rising, her eyes briefly looking over the simple dress Kora had on. She smoothed down her own pristine gown before taking the lead and showing Kora out of the hall. They went quickly, Selena speaking little, aside from a spare, polite “excuse me” as they passed a courtier or maid. She seemed withdrawn, passive, as they walked through the long corridor of the guest rooms, down through the apartments belonging to herself, Charon's sisters and others, then down a set of stairs before they came to the throne room itself.

Selena looked back to make sure Kora was still there before she moved, striding into the large open space, with the doors flung open to the glorious summer sky. The throne sat on its dias, though it was smaller than what Kora remembered. The hall was empty, and barren, and they strode straight through the middle towards a door opposite. It was the same door that Morningstar had dragged Charon through on Kora’s first visit here. The door was ajar, showing a huge round table at the centre of it. High-backed chairs surrounded it, a dark wood against the pale walls. In two of the chairs figures sat; one was Morningstar, looking thoughtful, the other was a woman with horns and long black hair to her waist.

Koreena reaches up giving the large door three good knocks, she took in, one, two, three deep breaths while waiting to be granted access to come in.

“Lord Morningstar …” Selena said gently.

He looked up, his chocolate brown curls swinging slightly. Pausing, he pursed his lips before he saw Kora behind her. “Right. Yes. Kora, this is my sister Nyx. You met briefly before.” He waved to the black haired woman who inclined her head.

“Pleasure.”

“Loving seeing you again Lady Nyx,” the demi succubus murmured softly.

She stepped into the large room taking a deep breath, the scent of nostalgia of past meetings that had occurred here. Her dark blue orbs swept over the room before landing on his lordship. A small, pleasant smile on her face. “Thank you for granting me this audience, Lord Morningstar.”

Morningstar leant back in his chair, breathing slowly. He nodded.

“I would like to discuss a few things with you if possible..” Her tone soft but filled the empty room.

He gestured to a chair. “Take a seat.” Nyx looked on inquisitively. Then he looked up, “Selena, if you can close the door and leave us,” he said.

Selena nodded, curtseyed shallowly before she moved out of the room, the door clicking shut as she did.

Koreena took one seat away from Nyx, she adjusted herself so her bandage back wasn’t pressed against the back of the chair. She set her shoulders back and her hands folded neatly in her lap, ankles crossed.

“Lord Morningstar, I went and visited your master healer and he said to see him back in two days to address my wounds some more, though I told him I would have to speak to you of course, if your lordship wishes for me to stay that long. We haven’t spoken since the stairs and so I wasn’t sure…..” The woman that sat one seat away from her raised and amused eyebrow.

“Sorry … I tend to ramble sometimes,” She sighed.

Morningstar paused. “This is what you requested an audience with me for?” He frowned, tapping a finger on the table. “Maybe I should have made you wait.” Nyx said nothing, only watched.

“No, Lord Morningstar. I know your time is valuable, I wish to mostly speak about what was said on the stairs.” She glanced uneasily at his sister, the rare beauty she was. Still unsure if he had confided in her about Koreena wishing to pledge fealty to him and even taking Selena’s place if Morté calls her home.

He nodded slowly, “then please, go ahead.” He blinked at her, tilting his head to the side. “Speak, openly. Nyx is one of my small council, she is honoured with the highest regard and trust here.”

The demi succubi nodded before her gaze met Morningstar’s. “If you’ll have me, I still wish to pledge my loyalty for you. I understand that there will be no negotiations for Charon. I only ask that you think about not locking him in the cell.” She paused for a moment, “I also want to know if you had thought over the proposition I left you with…”

Nyx looked over to him, her lips pursed as he blinked, but aside from that remained unmoving. “Why?” he asked. “Do you actually want to be in my service? Bare in mind it would be for your whole life, and Charon does not wish to. I need you to answer fully, truthfully.” He observed her with a stern eye. “Or is this just for him?”

Koreena blinked a few times as she thought before she spoke. “I do wish to be a part of something that matters, I have always been alone. I won’t lie when I say I have never been good with authority but I would like to work on it.” She sighed pursing her lips for a moment, should she be honest and give him such powers about knowing her true feelings. “When Prince Asaph, the one that poisoned me, gave me the lashings. He wanted to collect me to his hoard of dances, ones he rapes, uses and tosses out when done with.. I feel the sense of owing not only Selena and Charon but you as well Lord Morningstar. I could potentially be falling in love with your brother and maybe it isn’t what he wants, but what if it’s what I need, to be apart of your Court?” Her voice thick with emotions.

Morningstar looked at her throughtfully. Then he nodded, “that is not a firm answer. You state it is what you perhaps need? Perhaps? You have spent two days here, at most, and seen very little.” He leant towards her, eyes intent. “You want to be part of something that matters? There are other opportunities in the mortal world, why here? Why me? Clearly, you dislike what you see here. I will not accept the oath of someone who in fact does not care for it, and is doing it not out of devotion to me, but to my bride and my rogue brother. A lack of enthusiasm leads to disloyalty.” He narrowed his eyes. “That, or you are offering me this to betray me later.”

Koreena sighed trying to get him to see what she felt. “Because you are loyal! You look after your court, you may not want to show it but you care deeply for each member of it. If you feel like I would betray you then let me stay here for a trial run, Lord Morningstar. Yes we got off on the wrong foot because of me and I do apologize.. just let me show you - prove to you..” her eyes never leaving his intense gaze.

Althanian

EXP: 8,146, Level: 3
    Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 854
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 854

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers
    Morningstar's eyes intently snapped to hers suddenly, focusing as she spoke. His chest moved up and down slowly, and greatly, each breath meaningful. He remained quiet as she finished, his jaw setting, staring at her like there was nothing else. It took a long moment, but finally Nyx was the one to speak.

“You should tell her,” she said softly.

“What?!” he incredulously snapped, eyes darting to her. “What do you mean?”

Nyx looked right back at him. “Tell her about Charon. Obviously that is her main concern if she is falling in love with him. Why he is how he is.” Her decorum had fallen somewhat, and she now looked to her brother with some familiarity rather than honour, or devotion like the oath-bound retainer she was to him.

Morningstar’s facial expression curled into one of slight distaste as he looked back to Kora. “Charon will not be coming out his cell.”

Koreena tilted her head to the side, taking a deep breath. “May I ask why, your lordship?” Her tone softer then how it had been before, almost kind and understanding.

The man looked more uncomfortable now, more mortal than the near divinity that he was. His eyes shimmered slightly, then went dull. Nyx looked between him and Kora, eyes bright and encouraging. Eventually he grunted and sat back, folding his arms.

“Well the court knows now so …” he stared back at Kora. “Char has told you what we are? Primordials, each one of us representing a various element? Nyx here is night, her twin is day. You will meet Moros likely, who is … we call it 'impending doom’. Yes?”

The demi succubi nodded slowly, “he has shared some of this with me yes … what does this have to do with why he may not leave the cell?” She chewed on her lower lip, the plush pillow bouncing up and down from the auction.

“Well,” he raised his brows. “I am power. Pure and raw, both the magic that runs in people's veins to the literal power held by authority. I … have the ability to absorb others magic and use it my own. Hence me being … powerful.”

“It is a sufficient term,” Nyx nodded slowly, “you are also wise.”

He waved a dismissive hand at her but thanked her anyway. “Thank you, but the point is, I can feel power from people, and Charon's is … well. When I first found him again he had none, all of it stripped away. But I knew his potential, so I had him brought here. He was volatile at the time, and thus, I had him restrained in terms of using it, because of his denial to serve me, thus I cannot control what he uses his power for here, thus my people are potentially in danger. We made our first deal - his general freedom for his undertaking of saving the world, in my name. This you know, I think. Some of it?”

Kora nodded slowly, “so it’s precautionary… I understand yes.. that’s how he pertained the name the barbarian, correct?” She fidgeted with her hands in her lap nervously.

There was a pause, then Morningstar burst into amused laughter. His face exploded into a jeer. Nyx herself his a smile. “Yes. And more recent, 'rogue’. Vitus made that one.” He paused, “another on my small council.” He chuckled a few more notes, before he took in a breath and suddenly returned to more serious, “anyway, Charon’s abilities have developed. He is destruction, as you may know, and though he has empathic qualities … well he can now break through the chains of restriction that I use in general for those in court who are not pledged to me. And they have bound gods before entirely,” he stared at her. “Charon’s power is still growing. Exponentially, beyond what it was before it was taken from him by Morté. Potentially, one day, more powerful than me. A week ago he and I discussed this - the cell is now his containment. It is the only thing currently keeping him under control, and I have taken formal responsibility for him. He now either is somewhere I know of, and am satisfied he will not hurt anyone, or stays in that cell.” He jabbed the table aggressively as he sooke. “Part of his newer abilities partially has a will of its own. I will not have that wandering around here. He knows that, he accepts that. He is my brother, and I will control and assist him as I see fit.”

He finished, breathing accelerated, heart pounding, eyes full of fire. Koreena reached over and gently placed her hand on the embodiment of power. Her eyes met his. “I understand and I apologize for being naive and not understanding the entire situation.” She willed him good energy, it was a gift she hadn’t mastered yet that her mother was very talented with. As quickly as she had laid her hand on him she with drew it.

There was clear tension in Morningstar's body as she had done it. But he was silent as she did it. He only stared at her and pulled his hand from the table, breathing erratic.

“First thing, do not touch me, please, without my permission. You are neither my sibling, nor a member of my harem.” He said it politely, quietly, as if the positivity had worked but seriously.

She flinched as if he had physically hit her, she seemed to withdraw into herself.. “I’m sorry it’s just who I am, half of my being …” She looked down at her hands. “I won’t touch you again..” she almost sounded like a child that had been disciplined by their parent.

He observed her for a moment, then nodded, and continued like it had never happened. “Thank you. Now to your previous proposal … the willingness to go in Selena's place to Rahl …” his eyes flickered over. “Just how good are you at acting?”

“I like to think well,” she looked up under her long lashes. “I dance well which is kind of like acting…”

He pursed his lips slightly, but nodded. “Your desire to partake in an oath of fealty to me … that is something serious. Not usually requested someone who has been here a few days at the most. The only exceptions are my siblings, because I know them well already.” He observed her. “I will give you time to consider what you will be getting into. You may stay here a few more days as my guest.”

Koreena nodded slowly, “thank you, Lord Morningstar for your generosity. She scooted the chair out and stood holding her hand out to shake his but quickly withdrew it back to her side. “Sorry..” she mumbled softly and dipped into a shallow curtsy, wincing slightly at the discomfort of her wrapped back.

Morningstar casually waved his hand in acceptance of it. He began to reach into his inner coat as Nyx replied.

“Don't worry dear, you'll get used to it,” she smiled pleasantly. “Morningstar is just a little cautious with physical contact. He always has been.” She lightly, playfully, touched his upper arm, to which he flinched. The beauty grinned, delighted.

He scowled deeply at her, glaring as he shoved something metallic and jangling on the table. His hand remained over it as he switched back to look at Kora. “You are willing to be tested, yes? In obeying my will?”

Koreena nodded as her gaze glanced to his hand that had his the object, standing up straight again. “Yes, Lord Morningstar.”

“Well then,” he leant back, raising his free hand to point to the door. “Through there, go right. There is a door leading back to the library. Currently Charon is there perusing my books.” He lifted his hand, revealing a set of sturdy keys, fashioned grey and gold in colour. He shoved them towards her. “You can tell him I ordered you to. Take him back to his cell and lock him in. You now understand the reasons for this.” Then he paused. “Please.”