Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile

Breaking Down These Lonely Walls

Breaking Down These Lonely Walls

Closed to Hayate.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 10-05-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    “How do you feel?”

The clock in the room was rather loud. The second hand ticked endlessly as Felicity fidgeted in a cushioned chair. The white, simplistic walls were home to pictures of this man’s family and such. The man, Doctor Dorrandir, sat in his own seat across from her. The dark elf’s pointed ears twitched as he awaited response.

The clock still ticked.

Laying back, Felicity reclined her head. She closed her eyes, oh, she could close her eyes again! She smiled, a sense of freedom overtaking her as she breathed. “I can sleep again.”

“Just sleep?”

Felicity opened her eyes. Her gaze shifted from the wooden ceiling to the elf, who raised an eyebrow. He laid back, legs crossed and arms relaxed on the arms of the red chair. He blinked his brown eyes, requiring further details.

Felicity laughed, closing her eyes again. “I can sleep well.”

“With or without those knockout drugs you were taking?”

“Without.” Felicity answered, “I took your advice and stopped using them.”

She could hear his smile as he shifted in his seat. The leather cushioned sounded as he shifted for more comfort. “Excellent.”

Felicity could almost fall asleep here. She was still sleep deprived from two years of irregular and tortured sleep. She wanted to explore the rediscovered peace of sound slumber once again.

“You are clearly calmer, less anxious as well.” The doctor spoke. “Now that we know your medication works, we should discuss therapy.”

Felicity’s eyes opened again. A jab of instinctual discomfort brushed her skin. She lifted her head, body tensing. “Therapy?”

Doctor Dorrandir nodded. “Indeed.”

Felicity looked away, nervousness growing as she eyed a picture of the medical man’s two daughters.

“Rhyolite,” Dorrandir sounded concerned, “You cannot just slap a bandaid on a bleeding wound and expect it to heal. You need more than medication to help you with your condition.”

Felicity still did not look at him, eyes narrowed. She now was watching the clock on the wall. As the hands ticked on, she sighed. “Will it help me forget?”

Dorrandir sighed, “Therapy is meant to be help you deal with the trauma. You can never forget it.”

Within that moment, the girl felt crushed.

Silence flooded the room, save the clock's rhythmic ticking.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 10-05-2019 at 08:48 AM.

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Felicity stepped out of the office, her spirits lower than when she entered.

Why can’t I just forget?

“Hey! Look out!” Felicity hastily stepped back. Body against the closed door, she watched with wide eyes as a group of paramedics rushed a man on a bed past. The wheels resounded as they rolled across the stone floor. The dimly lit wing then grew back to its usual pace.

Felicity stepped out and started to walk towards the exit. Hands in her jacket pockets, she glanced at the labels of the medical supplies in boxes as she passed. The dark medical wing had a diversity of rooms connected to this single, cold hall. The weather had been awful, the sun still blotted out by ash clouds. The redhead wrapped her green scarf tighter around her neck. Her let down hair flowed near back length as she walked through the wing. A group of doctors talked hushed to a man holding his arm, explaining a work accident. Felicity’s steps hastened as she neared the exit.

“Hey, miss?” Felicity stopped dead, then turned to see another visitor holding his bandaged arm. “Do you know where the Monk’s office is?”

Felicity raised an eyebrow, “Monk?” She echoed. “Is that his name?”

The man rolled his eyes, “No, the Monk. The one from the Citadel.”

In further confusion, Felicity opened her mouth – then stopped when she felt a burst of magic from the exit door.

Felicity Playlist.

EXP: 9,940, Level: 4
    Level completed: 19%, EXP required for next Level: 4,060
    Level completed: 19%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,060

GP

Name
    Hayate Amatsukami
    Race
    Human
    There is no pain like that of a mystery unsolved, a secret gnawing at your very soul can be as venomous as a viper's kiss. And oftentimes far more deadly.

Forty seven days Hayate sat in the cold lightless cells of Dour’s Keep waiting for the hangman to tie the noose. And after forty seven days the boy soldier was tired of fighting, he was tired of the world of men he lived in. He was tired of all the blood and wasteful loss of life that beseeched this realm. But most of all he was tired of living, his entire world had become as bleak as the wet stone cell he rotted in. The only comfort he felt during his time incarcerated was knowing his end would soon be here and he would once again be with his brothers, something he wished for since he first lost them fifteen years earlier.

As time moved on and his final hour drew near Hayate was saved thanks to the combined efforts of Vaan Osiris and Hayate’s students leaving him free once more. Though his freedom came with a terrible cost, his face was known far and wide, the common people of Corone hated his name and cursed the would be usurper. Hayate may have given up the darkness of Dour but lives in a world he is no longer welcome in, trading in the four wall that he thought would be his tomb for an open oblivion of harassment and uncertainty. His days were spent running and hiding as he fought against returning to the only city on the continent he was still welcomed, oh how he hated Whitevale.

It wouldn’t be accurate to call Whitevale a city any longer though. The war had taken everything from the Castigars, and even their allies from across the sea had stopped trade for fear of Corone levying unfathomable taxes on them. Veritas was nowhere to be seen and Shinsou had taken some time to mend his relationship with Philomel, leaving the outpost in the hands of the next ranking general. And for what it’s worth even if he was an absolutely perfect leader the ashen sky above killed all moral for the recovering army as the toiled away trying to recover.

He first noticed the sorry state of Whitevale at the front gate which was utterly abandoned, presumably having its troops stationed elsewhere but leaving the city entrance exposed. Maybe there was some precautionary measures in place in the event of retaliation but their hidden location and other pressing matters kept Radasanth at bay, or at least that’s what Hayate though as he leisurely strolled into town without anyone giving him a second glance. The streets were next to desolate other than a handful of citizens going about their day, picking up the slack that the Brotherhood left behind in their haste.

It didn’t take long for the cloaked figure to make his way to the medical building near the center of town. He hasn’t ever been one to worry about his own health but it’s been a while since he was last checked out by a physician, particularly he wanted to know if there were any complications with his prosthetic. It could prove to be valuable knowing how his body was responding to the foreign object attached to his shoulder but more than that Hayate needed a moment to be taken care of. And for as well intentioned he was to get checked up on the moment he pushed the front door of the medical wing open he saw someone he never imagined he would see again.

“Felicity?!” Her name slipped through his faded smile, he was astonished to see the young redhead in Whitevale. “Is that really you standing right in front of me?” He finished as he lifted off his hood showing his scared but familiar face. It had been nearly a year since the twos last meeting in Radasanth and ever since the boy shinobi had always wondered what happened to her.
    Last edited by Hayate_Amatsukami; 10-05-2019 at 01:24 PM.
    "Just shut up for once! What the hell do you know about it?! It's not like you ever had a family in the first place! You were on your own right from the beginning, what makes you think you know anything about it?! Huh?! I'm suffering now because I had those ties, how on earth could you possibly understand, what it feels like to lose all that!" -Sasuke Uchiha

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    That voice sounded familiar.

The man took one look over my shoulder then turned and hastily walked off. “You’re a waste of time!”

Fresh anger pulsed through Felicity’s veins. She crossed her arms, “Fine!”

Then, she turned around. She recognized him immediately. Hayate Amatsukami. She had met him once, in the Citadel. It had been a year ago that the battle had taken place. Now, the Akashiman man looked different. He appeared older, more weary, by nature. He still maintained that proper dress code of his, even if he seemed less… dedicated… his clothing were more wrinkled and unkempt. One feature stuck out more than any other, however…

“Nice arm.”

Felicity missed a single beat, then backed up as her face burned red. “I mean – it’s nice to see you again! Like – ugh –“ She almost asked if it hurt too much when she “killed” him, but realized that was a bad direction too.

As she flustered, it could be easily noticed that she herself had changed since the past year. She was no taller, yet still seemed a bit more mature. Her hair used to be pulled back, but with the cold weather and lack of care was now let down, longer. She wore darker clothes, on the heavier side, which helped cope in the cooling climate. Her outfit carried the necessities. No fashion or personal flare aside the green color scheme. It was as if she could care little for her looks anymore. As she now had a place in the Brotherhood, she no longer carried every possession on her back. No, the only weapon on her person was a dirk.

Yet, the awkwardness she showed proved how she technically was still a bit of a child.

“-I mean!” She finally calmed down, lifting her fist to her mouth and clearing her throat. She lowered it again, extending a hand to shake his “real” hand. She offered up a shy smile, “How are you, Hayate?”

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Hayate Amatsukami
    Race
    Human
    “Fine,” Hayate answered rubbing the back of his head with his ‘new arm’ trying not to blush. Felicity was as stunning as the shinobi remembered, her fiery red hair dancing blissfully across her shoulders as she cleared her throat. “All things considered that is. I’m sure you’ve heard the… news about Radasanth.”

He cleared his throat while a number of others came into the grey corridor before heading off elsewhere in the building. His eyes darted around anxiously, even here he couldn’t shake the feeling of someone watching him over his shoulder. But he forced himself to refocus on Felicity once more as the two exchanged a handshake.

“This is actually my first time being back here since, how long have you-“ He was cut short by the obnoxious man from earlier.

“Hey you,” he said pushing on Hayate’s shoulder. “You heard anything bout that new monk who defected from the citadel?” The Shinobi glared at the man, threatening him without saying a word. The message was read loud and clear as he left with an unhappy grunt.

“These green recruits will be the death of me, wouldn’t you think they’d know the chain of command by now?” He waited a moment before he continued contemplating the urgency of getting examined by a doctor or letting them deal with him later. Seeing the amount of wounded and staff coursing about the decision wasn’t hard to make, there would be time another day. “Why don’t we take this conversation to a place a little more quiet, my office isn’t far or we could go looking for whoever this monk guy is. I’d like to catch up a bit but being here is starting to make my stomach turn already.”

In truth Hayate hasn’t been himself for a while now, and seeing Felicity’s smiling youthful face filled him with a calm he hadn’t felt in a while. And in the same vein made his competitive spirit flare up wondering if she had gotten any stronger, and who exactly recruited here into their ranks. He wanted to stop right there and pick her brain but knew there would be a time and place for that later.
    "Just shut up for once! What the hell do you know about it?! It's not like you ever had a family in the first place! You were on your own right from the beginning, what makes you think you know anything about it?! Huh?! I'm suffering now because I had those ties, how on earth could you possibly understand, what it feels like to lose all that!" -Sasuke Uchiha

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The suggestion to go to Hayate's office was well taken. Felicity had felt awkward talking out in the hall. Thus, the two exited the building. Hayate led the way to his office.

Hayate got an office? When do I get one?

The dirt streets of Whitevale were tight and worn out. The thatch roof cottages were humble and boarded up with extra materials to insulate heat. Indeed, it felt like winter was upon Althanas. The ash clouds from Lornius prevented much sunlight from reaching the earth. Plant life was steadily dying, including many herbs Felicity had learned to use as a botanist. The alchemist shook her head as she passed the corpses of two lilies at the roadside. She was afraid she would never be able to see or apply some of the plants she had grown used to using again. The ash itself continued to fall steadily. Too often would the pair pass someone who broke out in coughing fits over some ash in the lungs. Felicity had been here for a couple days yet. Enough time to help some people board up homes and gather feeble supplies. Yet, none of it seemed to work. The burning Felicity felt inside for the state of the world was unyielding. Her fists tightened as Hayate led her down the main road. Felicity had to lift her fingers to relieve her sinuses from her own anger induced troubles.

Eventually they made it to the two story building she had found her teacher in from time to time. As they entered the floor boarded building, Felicity shook her head and huffed at the collecting dust and ash on the floors. A scrawny maid was desperately wiping an odd stain on the wall. The filth of her clothes and the circles beneath her eyes portrayed that she was still putting in her best effort. Was the effort wasted on this bitter world? Hayate started up the dark oak stairs, which moaned under his feet. Felicity smiled and nodded at the maid and dashed after Hayate.

The hallway was cleaner, but still had some odds and ends. There were several doors on all the walls, including the one at the end of the hall. The wallpaper was a simplistic blue with yellow birds on it. The bizarre choices of colors made Felicity's stomach protest with a small amount of bile. She swallowed it and started to walk - then stopped again. A picture portraying children playing at a fountain had an annoying smudge on it. Unable to take it, Felicity pulled a cloth from her pocket and started rubbing at it. She gritted her teeth as the smudge kept growing.

"Are you coming?" Hayate called.

Felicity turned to see Hayate cracking open the last door. to the left The oak door moaned as she swung it open, looking expectantly at her. Felicity slowly lowered the cloth then stuffed it back in her pocket. She nodded and started towards the door again. The door was swung towards her, so Felicity saw the crooked name plate hanging on. She reached up and tilted it back, annoyance growing for this place's disrepair. Then, she read it.

Hayate Amatsukami.
    General of the Brotherhood.
    Second in Command to Shinsou Vaan Osiris.

Felicity gasped, letting go and accidentally dropped it. As the metal plate thudded against the hard floor, Felicity's cheeks flushed. She turned to Hayate with a shocked look. "I am so sorry I didn't know your rank, Haya- uh - Mr. Amatsukami? - Uh..." She bent down and scooped up the plate, hanging it back on the door. It was crooked again. Felicity planted her hand into her forehead.

"Can we just go in now?" She groaned as she stalked into the room.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 10-09-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Hayate Amatsukami
    Race
    Human
    “Why don’t you take a seat,” Hayate said gesturing to one of the chairs at his desk with his left hand while he unfastened his cloak with his right. Shaking it off before kicking it lazily into the corner of his office and walking over to a small cabinet beside Felicy. After a moment the general pulled out a bottle of some brown liquor and two small drinking glasses, setting them on his desk as he plopped in his red hand me down chair. “I hope you’ll oblige me with a drink.”

Hayate poured two generous glasses of liquor, taking one for himself and gently pushing the other across to Felicity. Without so much as a wince or pucker the shinobi took a large swig of the stuff, well more than a man rightly should at once, and carelessly chucked the empty glass over his shoulder. It shattered against the grey walls as Hayate slammed his hand on his desk jostling paperwork about.

“I guess I’ve earned it,” he said referring to his new rank and office, gesturing wildly to his new digs. “The only place on this whole god forsaken continent I get to feel like I’m not a criminal.”

A darkness washed over his entire being as the reality of his situation set in. He hated his life, he didn’t know how to handle it, and since Yamato went dormant his fragile grip on reality had been on the verge of collapsing. Even now he was hallucinating, just beyond Felicity he could see a figure. A faceless childlike grey apparition peering in through the cracked door to his office. The liquor helped but it was never enough.

“So what brought you to join us?” He said bringing his full attention back to the fair skinned lass in front of him. “The Brotherhood I mean. A bit late, don't you think? We just lost the war for the Capital, and by the looks of things lost more men than I can count. If it wasn’t for Lord Osiris and my vows to him as my teacher I doubt I’d stick around to see where this ragtag army goes next.”

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The elaborate, fanciful office was made of dark wood and fine railings. Curved bookshelves and a wonderfully crafted desk. The light was dark, as the shades were close. It made perfect sense to shut them. Who wanted to look outside and see those depressing ash clouds? Felicity took a seat on one of the red, cushioned seats opposite of Hayate's seat. Hayate seemed rather unhappy with Corone's affairs. Then again, it made sense. The Brotherhood were the ones that left Radasanth in ruins initially. It was not until recently Felicity ever would of thought to join them.

Felicity noticed that Hayate seemed strangely distracted as he poured the glasses of booze. Was he looking behind her? As he pushed a glass towards her, however, her thoughts shifted towards herself. Felicity was an alchemist and botanist. She knew what damage enough alcoholic could do the the body and brain. On top of that, Felicity was uncomfortable with the thought of drunkenness. She needed to be in control of herself. To get drunk would be to lose that control. She wished not to risk it. It was bad enough when she lost control to her nuclear powers after all... Yet, as a guest she could not turn down the dark liquid in front of her. As Hayate spoke of the Brotherhood, Felicity lifted the glass to her lips and took a soft sip. She grimaced rather severely. That was the day in history Felicity realized she disliked the taste of the infamous drink called booze.

"... Lord Osiris and my vows to him as my teacher..."

Wait, what?

As Hayate finished his sentence, Felicity's glass was slammed on the desk top. The wooden structure shook as Felicity's eyes widened. "You're his student too?!?"
    Last edited by Flamebird; 10-10-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

GP

Name
    Hayate Amatsukami
    Race
    Human
    His mind’s eye opened wide as the words left her mouth, burning his ears with the news Lord Osiris had taken another under his wing. His thoughts grew dark once more acknowledging the very message his master was sending him by adopting another pupil. He thought back to the agreement they struck so long ago and about everything he had done for Shinsou since then. The visions tormenting Hayate disappeared as his eyes shifted to the pile of paperwork under his tightening fist.

Hayate was both furious and delighted at the same time, but if this was true he would have to see her strength himself. With only a smile for a warning the Shinobi tossed a handful of documents up between them as he leapt on his desk, twisting his body and delivering a low roundhouse kick aimed to take Felicity by surprise. But to his dismay the young lass caught his foot without leaving her seat. With her right hand she twisted his limb forcing him back into his seat, riding it to the floor as he stared at her with a devilish intent.

“I drink this disgusting booze to loosen you up and you attack me?!?” She yelled as she rose to her feel standing just opposite Hayate. The boy soldier stood in protest, looking down the bridge of his nose at Felicity.

“If what you just said is true, and you are Lord Osiris’ newest pupil, then he and I are due for a very long chat.” He spat venomously, taking an akashiman martial artist stance formally issuing a challenge to his newest rival. “But in the meantime, you must of gotten incredibly strong to grab his attention.”

“Your being a very rude host.”

“Don’t think your walking out of here without earning it…”