Level completed: 30%,
    EXP required for next Level: 5,641

GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human

Equipment Materials

Black Shadow does not have any armor, he just wears his black cloths and avoids injury or death by simply not getting hit. I want to change this and give him at least some protection in the chest area and perhaps the forearms as well. I was searching through the materials list and trying to figure out what would be best for his armor to be, since it has to be light, but I do want it to be better than just plain leather. I did notice though that on the tier list there were a few items that are not available through the bazaar and are quest items only, I assume because they are very durable, strong, and rare. While these items are listed, there is very little to no information on any of them that I could find. Materials such as Haidian Demonhide, Ancient Dragonscale, Ancient Dragonbone, Ancient Dragonhorn, Root Walker Husk, and Njalian Spidersilk are the ones I'm most interested in. While I likely won't actually get anything in these materials for a while, I would still like to know about them. Any information anyone can give me would be awesome.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    If I help you, you become regularly active again, got it?

Now, *puts on lore master goggles*

Haidian Demonhide, Ancient Dragonscale, Ancient Dragonbone, Ancient Dragonhorn: Dragons, as a species, are located primarily in three places: Alerar, Dheathian (at least descendants of dragons, does that count?), and Istraloth, though they can be found just about everywhere. For example, Shinsou and I just beat up an ice dragon named Drexel in a thread in Corone.

Root Walker Husk: Root Walkers are found of Evil Elf Land's Red Forest of Doom.

Njalian Spidersilk: I believe those are found in the deeps of Concordia Forest, dropped from the spider-elf hybrid monstrosities that N'Jal came up with.

Now RP here again!
    ~ Ashla.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 04-11-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Innocence & Instincts

EXP: 29,359, Level: 7
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next Level: 5,641

GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    lol, The Gathering is getting done first, after that I'll hopefully stick around to do more! But I will hopefully be back for a while longer, especially with not being able to do anything!

Cool, so I know where to get them all, now what I need to know is any super special properties they have. I'm most interested in Haidian Demonhide, as I've never actually heard of that other than through the materials list. Would they be equal or slightly less than Ancient Dragonscale? And how close would they be to offering the same protection as adamantium? What would be the weight of them compared to adamantium? I know the Dragonscale would have elemental resistance based on the dragon killed, but what about the demonhide, is there anything special about it other than the fact that it comes from an ancient Demon?

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Hmrm... I'm good with lore, not the properties of materials. I'd suggest PMing or discord chatting the staff, like Tyr or Shinsou for that.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Shadow View Post
    lol, The Gathering is getting done first, after that I'll hopefully stick around to do more! But I will hopefully be back for a while longer, especially with not being able to do anything!

Cool, so I know where to get them all, now what I need to know is any super special properties they have. I'm most interested in Haidian Demonhide, as I've never actually heard of that other than through the materials list. Would they be equal or slightly less than Ancient Dragonscale? And how close would they be to offering the same protection as adamantium? What would be the weight of them compared to adamantium? I know the Dragonscale would have elemental resistance based on the dragon killed, but what about the demonhide, is there anything special about it other than the fact that it comes from an ancient Demon?
    I won't profess to be the expert on materials here, so if someone with greater knowledge than I comes along then please defer to them, but I always considered Ancient Dragonscale to be equal to Haidan Demonhide, as they are roughly of the same tier. Both have different properties and in my opinion have different applications. I think that is what would seperate the two for me.

Hides are always going to have more give than Dragonscale, which is a more rigid material, so are better for crafting protective jackets or clothing. Dragonscale is much better for armour in my opinion as the scales are shaped in a specific way and can be used like plates.

As for special properties, apart from their toughness and their own individual characteristics I am not aware of anything. I genuinely believe it is down to the player to decide whether a material they request is special in any way or not via enchantments, and then it is up to us as staff to add a multiplier to the material value to account for that.

In my opinion, neither gives as much protection as Adamantium on Althanas. It is the strongest material going, and I would imagine the heaviest as well (although I don't think there are official weights on here - its probably just common sense that metal would be heavier than hide and scales).

I hope that helps give you an idea.

Innocence & Instincts

EXP: 29,359, Level: 7
    Level completed: 30%, EXP required for next Level: 5,641

GP

Name
    Black Shadow
    Race
    Human
    Thanks Shin, I appreciate the help. That about sum s up what I was looking for

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    No problem pal. Good to see you back as well.