EXP required for next Level: 1,037

GP

Name
    the Witch
    Race
    Human

View Profile

Brotherhood? Gilded Lady? Hmm?

So there are allegedly factions formed in the city of Radasanth which are tied closely to our fair moderators here I believe?

What are they? What do they do? How many are involved? Are the fighting? Are they good guys or bad guys?

I want to run amok in Radasanth, is it still reeling from some guild event? Do I have to read pages and pages of solo quests to get the jist? Do I ignore it entirely? Id like not to, but I don't really know whats going on, please help.

Shin? Phi?

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDelights View Post
    So there are allegedly factions formed in the city of Radasanth which are tied closely to our fair moderators here I believe?

What are they? What do they do? How many are involved? Are the fighting? Are they good guys or bad guys?

I want to run amok in Radasanth, is it still reeling from some guild event? Do I have to read pages and pages of solo quests to get the jist? Do I ignore it entirely? Id like not to, but I don't really know whats going on, please help.

Shin? Phi?
    *inhales sharply*

The Brotherhood and Gilded Lily are two factions that operate in Corone.

The first one, the Brotherhood, is a largeish militia cum army that is based in a Coronian city called Whitevale. Shinsou Vaan Osiris and Storm Veritas are co-leaders of the force, with Felicity Rhyolite (Flamebird) as a general. It previously had Hayate Amatsukami also as an active member.

The Brotherhood's alignment has swayed. Recently, Shinsou and Storm attempted to overthrow the Coronian Assembly in an attempt to remove what they believed to be a corrupt and malfunctioning government (everyone else had a different opinion). This involved beseiging Radasanth, which culminated in a battle between Shinsou and his love interest Philomel. The Brotherhood failed and then the calamity hit.

If you want to read up further here, The End of All Things forum contains a thread called the Siege of Radasanth which may interest you.

Realising the folly of their actions, the Brotherhood then signed a treaty with Radasanth and the Assembly that committed them to never rise up again. This signified a face turn, but there were still conditions attached to this; in order to keep Shinsou and Storm out of Terrinore (prison), they had to relinquish control of the port town of Tylmerande and Shinsou had to be "seconded" to Philomel under her Gilded Lily. This is covered in the thread "Insert Coin" in Corone (which needs one more post by me).

Philomel runs the Gilded Lily and will be able to tell you far more than I, but the premise is that the Lily is a predominantly female fighting force trained by Philomel herself. The Lily girls are mostly whores who operate in her brothels in Radasanth, but have a close connection to the city and helped to defend it when the Brotherhood brought the heat.

Right now, Radasanth is rebuilding with the help of both sides. The Brotherhood's operations have mostly been focused on eliminating Arius Mephisto (Shinsou's former right hand man turned rogue) and making reperations to Corone (see thread "Redemption of Tylermande" for more info).

By way of alignment you could call the Brotherhood neutral right now. Definitely not evil but prepared to do whatever they need to do to ensure their survival.

As a note, running amok in Radasanth sounds like fun but you will almost certainly attract the attention of the Lily, and therefore Philomel and Shinsou (when he gets back from hell - another story entirely). Looking forward to that

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    *breathes in*

Okay so the Lily began something like twenty years ago in game time, when Philomel killed her mother's pump and burnt down the brothel when the pump did nothing about the fact her mother was raped ...

She first set up the Gilded Lily after she became the Master of Secrets for the assassin's guild, the Crimson Hand. With her connections in brothels and an understanding that people often spill secrets when they're in the depths of passion, she began to use that as a source of information. She then realised that whores need to be able to defend themselves, and so began to teach them. Anyway, her influence spread to various brothels, starting in radasanth, then going to the rest of Corone, and she blue reaches Raisera, Skara Brae and Salvar. Radasanth is still the centre. Later on she got a ship, hiring it from the Pirate King and sailed as a pirate princess for a while. The ship is called the Feisty Fox and still sails.

Anyway she taught women how to fight, and established a fortress hidden atop a cliff in the Concordia forest. She had a daughter secretly, who is magically blessed to grow up fast and learn fast. Philomel also recently was made a high priestess of her goddess, Drys.

Basically the Gilded Lily is a feminist guild, which has its own fortress and ship. Any brothel can become part of the Gilded Lily, but when they do they have to treat and pay their workers fairly. All Gilded Lily members have basic combat training. Heads of the brothels are called Matrons and are usually female. There is a small army of around five hundred elite fighters, mainly those who don't want to work.

During the siege of Radasanth Philomel, through her connections with the Corone Assembly, became a general of the army. She defended the city, her home, and her women fought on her side. Lives were lost, she became pissed at Shinsou and Storm and the Brotherhood for trying to take her city despite the fact they were once allies. The battle stopped because of a giant meteor crashing. See the End of all Things. Currently the Gilded Lily are burying their dead in Radasanth and helping to rebuild the city. They have more influence than ever.

Hopefully that'll help.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Adventurer

EXP: 963, Level: 1
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next Level: 1,037
    Level completed: 49%,

GP

Name
    the Witch
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Is the end of all things canon?

It seems to not have had any sort of major conclusion.

Guys, I have no idea what the world looks like right now, and the wiki is beautiful, but not up to date. I wish there was a concise event time line to follow, with years and such, seeing as the history of Althanas seems to be pretty well updated until where I imagine this incarnation of the site begins.

From a casual perusal of the end of all things thread, it looks like the world is pretty trashed right now but I've been roleplaying like everything is falala okay in the realm.

Fuck it, I'm getting Dis. Hold on.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hello!

As far as I know the End of all Things was supposed to be canon. What I'll do is I'll get back to you on that, as it does need a sort of conclusion statement.

We had a small tsunami and volcano that took out Lornius and Terrinore, and other small islands/settlements. Ashfall is when the ash rained down from the heavens, and was seen by most countries. The meteor broke up in the atmosphere and landed in bits around Corone
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    I think it's fair to diagnose large parts of the world as "fucked".

I think it's down to us as admins to provide total clarification on how much damage has been dealt to which regions, and who has been fucked and the degree of fuckery to have been dealt.

I suspect total fuckery of Lornius and partial fuckery of Corone.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Yup, partly what Shinsou said. We'll work on getting up some information proper on this.
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    The End of All Things is Canon.

And Corone was never that great a place to live because of the Civil War, but the ash clouds and resulting drought knocked it it down to one of the worst places to live on Althanas.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Adventurer

EXP: 963, Level: 1
    Level completed: 49%, EXP required for next Level: 1,037
    Level completed: 49%,

GP

Name
    the Witch
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamebird View Post
    The End of All Things is Canon.

And Corone was never that great a place to live because of the Civil War, but the ash clouds and resulting drought knocked it it down to one of the worst places to live on Althanas.
    Good to know, thank you! The information on Corone bills it as a much happier place to live.

On the same vein, I think I understand that some of the Thaynes are dead now? Is that the case? And if so, which ones?

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    The only dead Thayne is Draconus. He was killed in the thread Death of a Deity . Am'aleh is rising as the new primary Thayne of the Seas.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.