EXP required for next Level: 1,037

GP

Name
    the Witch
    Race
    Human

View Profile

the Song of the Thaynes

For a while now I've been working on a small side project in an attempt to flesh out my character's motives and origin a bit and I've come up with an idea that I want to use to kind of situate myself canonically. However, I wanted to post my idea up here to get feedback and make sure that it doesn't conflict with ongoing storylines. I'll post the snippet from a journal entry here. If you're involved in Thayne related storylines, please let me know what you think!

The Song of the Thaynes

Quite a beautiful name for something so ugly. That seems to be a reoccurring theme among elves. The Song of the Thaynes is a clandestine order of inquisitors sanctioned by none other than the benevolent nobles of the High Bard Council. Active for over a millennium, these “knights” (highway men, murderers, bullies and torturers) are the remnants of that first order of elven crusaders who eradicated the traces of the Nether-Five and who knows how many other pagan faiths. Now, with nothing better to do I assume, they hunt down would-be threats to the sanctity of the Thayne Pantheon. All a bunch of pageantry to burn young women at the stake.

Let that be a lesson about being careful who you tell your story to. I guess to be fair, its a bit suspect, me knowing things that no modern living soul should know first hand, but I've seen a lot of things in my dreams. Things that fanatic religious types would rather people not see, like locations of long imprisoned evil entities with a hard-on for the apocalypse. Perhaps my bias is showing. I really dislike the Song of the Thaynes. If they weren't a veritable army of mythril wielding killers, I'd score them a very special dirge.

For now I avoid the Song whenever possible, and hope that they'll content themselves with the greater troubles plaguing their faith. It seems, one by one, someone (or a group of someones?) is settling their grievances with the Thaynes in a more direct fashion. I dare to hope that the weakening of the pantheon will make breaking the seals of the Nether-Five easier, and if nothing else, the Song will have their hands full fending off their deicidal vigilantes.

A certain Inquisitor Elric Bastion is of particular concern, as he has a nose like a bloodhound for sniffing out witches, and I am proud to say I have a permanent spot on his torture chamber's V.I.P. list. He's told me so himself in almost as many words. I'm almost tempted to give myself up for a chance to see what amateurish chastisements the elves could cook up. I bet its not half as interesting as what I'll have planned for Elric or any other Song of the Thayne henchmen if the tables ever find themselves turned.

*In the bottom left corner of this page is a sketch of an elf with a long, moon-like face and exaggeratedly pronounced bum-chin. His eyes are narrow and slanted with beady pupils and scraggly, unkempt hair. The elf's head is adorned with a circlet bearing elven runes and a transcription beside the image reads in quotations “Sing proudly the song of the Thaynes. Rejoice as one, that your voices might reach the heavens.” More hasty script beneath the drawing reads: Elric Bastion.

The drawing itself, though sketchy, appears to be the work of a recreationally accomplished artist, and despite the mocking caricature, one would likely be able to identify the elf in question by comparing them to the picture.*

p. 02
    A general thank you for your patience as I sort of fumble through the process of situating myself comfortably here!
    Last edited by DarkDelights; 04-16-2020 at 11:06 AM.