EXP required for next Level: 5,422

GP

Name
    Gavner Nahs
    Race
    Vampire

We need your help

Hey Family!

The first third of The Gathering's plotline is completed, edited, and posted!

Black Shadow, Drake, Koli and I have been working on The Gathering for a very long time now (close to 6 years), and we are trying to make it the best that we possibly can. After the first 2 years and 30 posts, we all decided to rewrite the thread as we transferred it to Althanas 4.0, because we all were under 16 years old when we started writing it. Needless to say there were lots of holes in all aspects of the story. Recently, in the past month, Shadow and I decided that even the rewrite was lacking, so we decided to rewrite the rewrite. We created content until post #22, and then we went through and mass edited the rewrite.

In the past month, the first 6 posts of the thread have been rewritten entirely, and all of the rest of the posts have undergone heavy edits, and major changes.

So for the past month, we have been editing like madmen. We want to get the best possible score on our thread that we can. But what we have done isn't enough!! We need your help.

Peer editing is one of the best ways to improve your writing!!

Shadow and I want to extend a respectful request to the community to PLEASE PEER EDIT OUR WRITING!!

Why help us?

In pursuit of excellence, we want to hold ourselves to the highest standard, and make this thread top tier! We are hoping to submit the events that occur in this thread as major Althanas cannon. All cannon content should be of the highest quality. You can help us achieve this!

What can you do to help?

When you are the writers of a story, you can edit each others' posts and provide a different perspective; however, you are still emotionally involved in the story. When you read, your mind fills in the rest of the setting and the motives of your characters, and answers all the questions for you. There are inherently certain things that the audience will find unclear that the writers are going to miss.

You can help mitigate that!

By providing a fresh set of eyes, you are more likely to point out things that don't make sense, or holes in the story that we still need to fill!

Who can help?

Everybody! Newbies, oldbies, Admins, Mods, those wallflowers who just lurk in chat and don't really participate anymore, the most active members, we want all your feedback! You don't even have to have written a thread yet! Getting feedback makes you a better writer, but giving feedback also makes you a better writer too! Please take this opportunity to help us.

What will you get from helping?

Unfortunately we don't have the power to give rewards for helping us, but we can give you gifts!! Between all of the characters who are participating in The Gathering, we are willing to offer anybody who helps us a direct transfer of EXP and GP straight from our accounts to yours for helping! We will use the Writer's Workshop incentive formula to calculate how much to gift + as much extra as we can afford to give via our discretion. We want to be generous here, so definitely expect more than the formula would normally give.

How to give feedback:

You can give us feedback by condensing everything into a reply to this thread, or you can use the Google Doc! Shadow and I have copied all of the posts onto a Google Doc and shared it to everybody who has the link.

As you read in the Google Doc, if you find a sentence or a paragraph that is grammatically incorrect, or awkward, feel free to highlight it and add a comment. If something big picture doesn't make sense, go ahead and type it up in a reply to this thread. Go about it however you want.

The Gathering.

The Gathering Google Doc.

What to look for:

We are following The Althanas Rubric; however, there are also certain hot spots that we are trying to pay close attention too.

Please pay special attention to holes in the story! Right now, some things won't make sense because the entire story isn't posted; however, if certain aspects about the story seem unrealistic, i.e. it doesn't make sense why this NPC did this, the delivery of this event wouldn't really happen that way, etc. please bring it to our attention!

Ask questions! Please keep track of ALL your questions and clarity issues, and convey them. Even if you think its stupid or obvious, if you have a question please ask.

Idea and clause subordination: All of the characters participating have a clear issue with prioritizing the important ideas in a sentence and conveying them accordingly. If we give an idea importance in an independent clause when it should be subordinated to a more significant thought, please point it out! If a sentence sounds weird, please say so.

False Parallelism: Sometimes we list things that shouldn't go in the same list. Keep an eye out for this as well.

Other than that, please see how well we are doing to follow the rubric, and if you can actually feel yourself immersed in the story or not.

Thanks in advance! We are looking to start creating more content in the next 2-4 weeks, but this will remain open until further notice.
    Last edited by Gavner_Nahs; 04-30-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Okay, a couple of points on this, mostly to add to Gav's post.

Firstly, I know how hard they have worked on this thread and as we have discussed in private, I have agreed to do a one time full rubric on it (it was always their intention to submit it for FR at the time it was originally completed, and I feel that six years worth of effort deserves that).

I will also post the thread up in a workshop. The best way for people to feed back is in there, and I will be applying feedback reward bonuses to anyone who can help out as per the announcement made the other day. Bear in mind that you may also receive bonuses from Gav himself for helping out, as he has said, so it is WELL worth it.

Adventurer

EXP: 38,578, Level: 8
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next Level: 5,422
    Level completed: 40%,

GP

Name
    Gavner Nahs
    Race
    Vampire
    I can confirm that we will still be giving gifts for any help received in addition to any workshop rewards

Adventurer

EXP: 38,578, Level: 8
    Level completed: 40%, EXP required for next Level: 5,422
    Level completed: 40%,

GP

Name
    Gavner Nahs
    Race
    Vampire
    Between all 4 characters we have about:

6500 GP to give out

2000 EXP to give out

All feedback helps!!

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hello folks

Firstly thanks to all those partaking in this thread - and well done! I've been watching this story unfold over the years and It's great to see it coming to a close.

Unfortunately though I need to address something. Althanas rewards people for writing their own tales, and although we do encourage peer review through workshops and editing, a transfer of experience from member to member is not something we feel we can do right now. Gold is still fine.

That being said, anyone who helps in this thread to a standard/extent that the four writers here are happy on will be given experience rewards based on workshop rules.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.