Race
    Elf

The Tale of Mablung Elurin

Name: Mablung Elurin
    Race: Elf
    Height: 5' 8"
    Weight: 144 lbs.
    Languages: Elvish, Common

Appearance: While Mablung has the typical appearance of the High Elves, he ends his braided silver hair in tight knots, has a scar down his cheek from a close battle, and dresses in dark leathers. Mablung is in healthy condition, fit from his share of combat. His lithe frame belies the hidden pride and strength of history of his people. He has one blue eye and one orange eye.

Personality: Resigned over the relentless passage of time, Mablung concerns himself little with the ephemeral. Nostalgic for a time long past, he is driven by purpose constantly in pursuit of the next best poem. A talented performer of elven lore and stylistic innovator on the lute, Mablung throws himself into the creative arts and takes pride in being a Bard.

History: Once the loyal bard of a Noble House of Raiaera, Mablung’s fate changed the day a wanderer entered the court. In showing great disrespect to him by heckling Mablung during a performance, Mablung declared, “Well if you think you can do it better then you try!” and so he did. The wanderer had the court in stitches with his comedy, in tears with his tragedy, and left them dumbfounded with his riddles. Then the wanderer sang a spell that enchanted the court, leaving the elven lords and ladies frozen like ice in the midst of their dining. Mablung found himself the only one free. With the wanderer nowhere to be seen and only his verse on the wind, Mablung swore that day to free his lord and end the curse by finding and out-performing his antagonist.

Years later, Mablung was drawn into the conflict of the Corone Civil war. There amongst the other prisoners of war he made contact with the people who would one day found the mercenary company Greenspike. A ruff band of outsiders who keep lembas bread on the table, in turn Mablung entertains them with diversions and a keen blade.

Skills:
    Sword-Wielding: Training in fighting with a two-handed sword.
    Literacy: Mablung can read and write.
    Multi-Instrumentalist: Mablung is proficient in the performance of many musical instruments, but he specializes in the lute.
    Wordsmith: The creative use of rhyme, meter, and figurative language to intrigue and captivate an audience.

Abilities:
    Spectacle: Mablung recites a poem or gives a musical performance, briefly capturing the attention of a small audience, which those with high will power or bad taste might easily disregard.
    Rune Blade: The sword Lammoriel, the Daughter of the Echoer, is always at Mablung’s side. In battle Mablung can call on the elven muses to empower his sword, striking in one blow more powerfully and quickly than natural, hitting for 2x strength and 2x speed leaving Mablung open for a counter blow. Mablung can activate this ability 3x per day.
    Mystic Harmony: While performing these chords and maintaining full concentration, those within earshot recover from minor injuries and fatigue over time. These minor injuries include small cuts and abrasions, sprains and bruises, but more serious injuries still require medical attention. Mablung can activate this ability 3x per day.

Equipment/Weapons:

Rune Blade: A well made iron blade with a leather handle.
    Fashionable Lute: A lute kept in an arcane detuning.
    Leather Armor: Specially made at a tannery in Raiaera.
    Dark Blue Cloak with embroidered hem.
    Bag of clothes: Clothes befitting a bard for many occasions on the road.
    Well-Worn Sleeping Roll.
    Small personal items of everyday varieties: tinder, flint, cotton balls, small pen knife, quill, ink, blank sheets of paper, journal, a whistle, a small flute, threads, needles, small hammer and nails to fix boots. Pipe and pipe-bag of shire weed.
    A few books on Elven lore and Poetry.
    Drinking horn, flask, and 3-day food satchel.
    Last edited by planeofdreams; 01-10-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hello and welcome to Althanas!

It definitely sounds like you have read up on your lore, so you'll be ready to start very soon. I'm Philomel, an admin here, and I'll be helping you through your starting process.

For your abilities Rune Blade and Mystic Harmony do you have any limits on use? Such as how many times a day or combat thread they can be used. Three is often a good starting point.

Regards and thanks
    Phi
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Mablung Elurin
    Race
    Elf
    Hey Philomel,

Thanks for taking a look at my character sheet. Only one question really, did you mean a shared pool of 3 times per day or 3x per ability per day? I described it as 3x per ability per day. I also added that Mablung is fluent in Elvish and Common.

Thanks again,
    planeofdreams

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Hello planeofdreams,

3x per ability is what I meant! Sorry for not being clear.

Thank you kindly. Everything looks great. Have you had a look at Stonevale yet? It's our starting area for new members where you can earn more exp up to level 5.

Do you have any other questions at all?

Regards
    Phi
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Mablung Elurin
    Race
    Elf
    Cool,

I took a look at Stonevale and I don't think I really have any other questions. One of the members of Greenspike is an experienced Althanas player, so I can always throw him any thoughts I have. Looking forward to play!

Thanks again,
    planeofdreams

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    That's great

Then please, have a great time. I'm happy to approve your level one character and feel free to drop me or the other mods a PM when you need.

Philomel.

Admin note: approved and 200 starting gold added
    *admin at your service*

Characters: