Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Quite painfully the scream hammered around Philomel's already hormonally manic brain. She made a face, screwing up her eyes and mouth to a little clump of lines and dimples and made a groan. It was blood curdling, the yell and definitely not what the faun had been expecting. Pressing her hands lightly to her ears she lived out the worst of the banshee wail, as Veridian one her shoulder dug his claws in and let out an agitated hiss, his till quivering.

As it faded away Philomel watched the young woman stomp across the grass away from her and her beloved, clearly upset by her last words. Surely the decision was Philomel's? It was her baby after all, and she had taken care to not get pregnant through her methods that had never failed her in the past. To have this baby would make things complicated, especially as she couldn't exactly be sure when it happened. For fauns menstruation didn't exactly come like clockwork, or for some not at all. Like other animals they absorbed the point of the womb back into the body predominantly, so didn't need to curl up in agony once a moon cycle. So knowing when the baby was concieved wasn't exactly ... Exact.

"Flameo ... Birdy," Philomel sighed as she started after the redhead. "Please don't ... Do that. I have a lot of teams why I can't ... Couldn't have it. Shouldn't. I already have a daughter and she ..."

Celandine had been raised for the first five years of her life in a brothel, under the management of a brother and sister duo who had kids of their own. Much like Philomel herself she had known the facts of life early on, having been exposed to it, but also hidden away from those who might seek to hurt her. Eventually Philomel had come of course to claim her princess, but evening then had been planned. Celandine was her heir, and deliberately so. This one ...

Well this one was an accident.

"I love my current child, if that's anything," she said as she hurried after.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    The moment the words departed Philomel's lips, Felicity swung around to face her. Scowling, eyes filled with venom, she threw her arms as she screamed and shouted.

"So what! Love one child and abandon the other? No! That makes it even worse! You call yourself a mother?"

A heavy stomp slammed into the ground, causing it to squish under Felicity's tremendous strength. Throwing her weight around, Felicity's face grew from red to redder as she spat in repugnance.

"How on the Thayne's green earth do you think loving one and abandoning the other is okay! Your poor son will live his entire life wondering why he wasn't deserving of his own mother's affection!" Oh, yes. Felicity had seen through her magic sense that this was indeed a boy. A precious boy who needed protected and loved. If not by Philomel, then by herself. Felicity had stayed around Leoric and Kylie long enough to see the young girl well and taken care of before she set off to Whitevale. Felicity was starting to wonder if she was destined to be the babysitter of Althanas. Yet, if it prevented children from going through the same abuse she had gone through, she was willing to bear it. Right now, however, Felicity flung accusations like she flung her body weight. "How dare you! You rotten, selfish person who sleeps around for kicks! What is wrong with you! Leaving your child, like my mother left me!"

Tears started to flood her eyes. How could she not go to her own past? Her visions of rolling grasslands was distorted as she felt salty teardrops slip down her cheeks and upon her lips.

"Because what! What did I do to be deserted! Sure, I wasn't conceived in love, but it wasn't even my fault! And it's not your son's fault either! He's innocent! And he needs his mother! Like I needed mine when the entire world hated me! She just hated me alongside with it!"

Taking a step back, trying to keep herself from grappling the faun she felt such anger towards, Felicity's hands vibrated in tension. Felicity's feet pounded against the soft earth below. She had no idea how to put this pain into any other words. All the pain was twisted into bitterness and resentment as she glared at the faun with a face contorted in anguish, sorrow, and deep heated hatred. "You disgust me, Philomel!"

With that said, the empty winds of Corone's countryside tried to fill the silence with soothing sounds. They failed miserably.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 01-25-2021 at 01:05 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    That was ... Unexpected.

Philomel looked down at her belly, her grey eyes focusing on the enlargening bump. Her chestnut brows rose as she swept back the braided mane of her purple and brown hair, surprised, but also calm.

A boy. Interesting. She had been imagining a rosy-cheeked girl just like Celandine had been, and still was. Lifting her hand to her shoulder she scratched Veridian under his chin and the fox leant properly into her touch. A soft purr came from his throat as she thought, and considered.

"I'm a different person to her," Philomel said softly to her companion. "She hasn't lived my life, been through what I have, seen what I've seen and had to do the things, make the decisions I've had to make. It was better for Celandine to not grow up in my violent world, where I was still establishing a safe haven for all."

She twisted her head to look at her beloved. "Right?"

Veridian smiled a fanged grin at her, enjoying the petting, but he gave no wisdom more than that. The faun, confused and struggling huffed and shook her head.

"I'm a terrible mother. I had Celandine to establish a legacy for myself, for selfish reasons. I'll willingly accept that. But this ..." She sounded astonished, "boy is ... Well he was never planned. Expected. I don't know how to ... Where to start." And she kept gazing down at him.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The cold winter snow drifted gently outside the window of the carriage. The child beamed as the looked outside. She had never been on an adventure before! Finally, she was away from her wooden house in the rural village of Deerhorn. She had traveled the mountainous roads and trenches of Eiskalt, down to the valley with her uncle and cousin. Apparently, they were going to meet Felicity's mother. She had moved to Unum soon after she was born and left her in her uncle's care. What was her mother like? The three year old jumped in her seat in anticipation. She would finally meet her mum!

"Felicity, please." The girl stopped jumping and turned to her uncle. He was reading a book at the other side of the tarp covered carriage. "Don't rock our ride."

Felicity let go of the cold window panes and lept, letting her bum slam into the seat. She heard her cousin chuckle next to her as her uncle sighed and continued reading.

Jonathan, Felicity's feisty older cousin, wiped some of the fog from his own window. "We're close. Should we..."

Fulcrum Rhyolite looked up from his book. "Yes. Felicity?"

"Aww!" Felicity muttered as scooted towards the edge of the seat. She hated bundling up. From next to him, Fulcrum pulled out a long shawl and leaned forward, wrapping it around her frame.

"Remember the rules, dear?" He asked as he took a cloak and pulled it over everything else.

Felicity reluctantly nodded. "Never pull down my hood. Cover my hair and forehead so no one knows I am half neanderthal."

Fulcrum pulled out a scarf and gently pulled it over her head, pushing her hairline back. "And why is that?"

Felicity blinked, twitching her left hand. Two months after being attacked in her own front yard, and she still could not feel her twisted pinky. "Because humans hate neanderthals, so they'll try to hurt me."

Fulcrum nodded with a soft, sad look. "Good job, sweetheart." He pulled the hood of the cloak over Felicity's head. There was still a chance some could take notice of Felicity's green eyes, but it was a detail they simply could not hide. Felicity slumped, feeling a tremendous weight for such a small child.

A harsh bumping started as the carriage stopped. Fulcrum and Jonathan exchanged expressions Felicity was unable to read.

Fulcrum blinked, "We have arrived."

Felicity lept down from her seat immediately, "Hooray!"

Fulcrum gasped as Jonathan leaned forward hastily. "Felicity, remember not to draw attention to yourself!"

Felicity looked up from the snowy ground, feeling a bit dashed. "But I'm so happy! I'm going to meet mummy!"

Jonathan gently took her shoulders, "I know. Just try to stay calm. So unlike you, I know..."

Once inside, Felicity was lead through the dark gothic halls of a large house. Shadows covered her. The Nixstella windows offered little light in the cloudy, snowy gloom. Eventually, they made it to a small room where a woman stood. She was physically fit, yet seemed old and tired. She pushed her long, black hair back as she gazed at Felicity's uncle.

"Fulcrum?" The woman took a step out of the shadows, then ran to him, "What are you doing here?" She hugged him quickly, her gothic dress flowing, before stepping back.

Fulcrum smiled, "I missed you, Roswitha-"

"-If you had not taken a new name in the mountains," Roswitha scorned, "We could be sister and brother here. Rhyolites."

Fulcrum shook his head, "You know I can't take that name again. For many reasons."

Names? Rhyolite? What was all this about? Felicity wanted to see her mom! Then again, the words spoken, of sister and brother. Perhaps..."

Roswitha frowned, "I suppose, I still have to accept that." She turned to the two children, "How's Jonathan?"

Felicity's cousin smiled, "Great! I plan on joining militia training next year, I'll be a great warrior!"

A soft smile spread across her face, "Spoken like a true Rhyolite. Hopefully, you can take in the name you've lost, at age."

Then, Roswitha looked down at the girl. Discomfort seemed to shine in her eyes, sending chills up Felicity's spine. "Who is this? Don't - don't tell me you brought-"

Felicity took a step forward, desperate, "Are you my mum?"

Silence. Some kind of uncomfortable silence. Roswitha grimaced, tearing up, "Fulcrum. What have you-"

Felicity was desperate. This had to be her mother! The toddler reached up for the rags on her head. She broke the rules. This was her own mother, after all. Maybe she would recognize her more if...

Felicity tore the hood back, pulling off the scarf. Red hair flowed in the dim, cold room as the girl took another step forward. She beamed, "Mummy! I'm Felicity!"

The woman took a step back. Why? Why was she flinching? Confusion took the girl as she reached out. She ran, wanting her mother so badly. "Mummy-"

-*pow!*

Felicity found herself dazed and on the ground. a stinging sung in her cheek. What? She looked up to see Roswitha staring down at her with... with... anger and disgust.

"How dare! The audacity!"

Felicity was shell shocked as Jonathan ran and sat next to his cousin, "Felicity!"

The woman screamed, "Fulcrum, how could you! How could you bring that-that creature into my own home!"

Fulcrum was shocked as well, appalled and silent.

"I spent enough time growing that parasite for nine long months! I thought you would have the decency to kill it! But you brought that abomination before me! And it spoke to me!"

She turned away, "That is not my so called child! It is a neanderthal monster! Take it away! Go! All of you! You betrayed me today, Fulcrum!"

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Felicity stood, disturbed by her memories. Her own mother's words swirled in her mind as she stared at Philomel. Tears fell. Tears of agony, tears of betrayal, tears of anger.

Felicity's tears slipped down her cheeks and off her jaw. They pounded against the ground as Felicity shook. She... she could not take this anymore. Philomel. Philomel was just like Roswitha, the woman who gave birth to Felicity, but never acted as a mother.

Felicity gritted her teeth, hissing.

"Philomel!" Felicity took a step forward, screaming, "How could you! How could you be so stuck up and selfish to abandon the most helpless of people! Your own son!"

"Felicity," Philomel tried to speak, "Listen-"

"--No!" Felicity barked, venom sharpening her voice, "You listen to me! Me! The girl born from two warring races, through rape! The abomination hybrid who was nothing but a pest! The neanderthal brute!"

Felicity took another step forward, hands shaking, "I was raised by my uncle! My mother wanted nothing to do with me! She hated me and disowned me! She struck me! I was three!"

Felicity closed the distance, screaming into Philomel's face as tears gushed out. "It hurts! It hurts so much! What had I done to deserve that! I never asked to be born under such circumstances! Every day I wish I was a normal human she could have loved! I never asked to be conceived like that! It wasn't my fault! But I was punished!"

Felicity grabbed Philomel's shoulders, shaking her. Her breath brushed against her face as she cried out, "I wasn't to blame! But I was punished! Why! My mother struck me when I tried to hug her! Why! She called me a parasite! She called me a creature! An it! Why! All I wanted was a mom, but she cursed my existence! Why!"

Felicity squeezed the faun's arms, "And here you are! Doing the same thing to your son! Why! You say he was unplanned! You say you can't make room for him! Why! Are you so selfish! His entire life he will wonder what he did wrong and what was wrong with him! Why! Tell me, Philomel! Why! Try to justify this! Try to justify abandoning your helpless, innocent child and leaving him to shame and inadequacy! Try! But there is no good reason! How could you do this to us! How dare you! Why! You disgusting, putrid-! You-you!-"

Felicity kept on screaming, demanding. Crying, asking. She was not only speaking to Philomel, but to Roswitha from years ago. Why? How could they do this to her and the boy growing inside the faun's stomach? How dare they? Why...
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-20-2021 at 03:54 AM.

Felicity Playlist.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    She didn't know what to do, or say, or feel, or look. Veridian too curled up close to her neck, golden eyes wide, shocked as much as she was.

The wild red hair of the girl they knew but just as an acquaintance through others and through some simple fighting in the Citadel, seemed to dance as Felicity let her anger burn. The air around the seemed to shimmer from the fury of her words, spitting out like sharp thorns that stabbed into Philomel's soul. As she listened, as she let the half-being just rant with no interruptions, Philomel Bethany to feel an odd wetness beginning to slip down her cheeks. It was like the time she thought Shinsou had been dead. It was like the first time she had lost Veridian and had not known he would return to her. It was like the many, many times that abused and neglected women had told her their haunting tales of pain and suffering.

Felicity ... Was just like them. She was just like another one of her Gilded Lily girls, except this time her situation directly related to Philomel. The story, the agony, the emotions - they were clear as crystal, raw and unhindered. They were a sign to the faun, a message that she could refuse to take in, or allow it to change her life.

"I need to ... But-"

"Listen to her," Veridian whispered softly, quietly, his own years slipping over his white muzzle. "Listen to her, Philomel. She is right."

She is right. She is right. She is right. She. Is. Right.

She WAS right.

"Damn," Philomel whispered, as she let Felicity go on and on and on and on and on. Clutching the bump before her she started at the ground as the tears fell.

"Dam," she said as she swallowed against the heavy guilt.

"Damn," she murmured as she was stabbed by they in the memories of how she had belly raised her daughter.

"Damn - oh!" She cried in surprise, as she felt a strong and definite kick!
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    ... "-How could you do this! Why are you so cold! A mother should love her children! My mother despised me!"

Felicity's face was blue from the lack of oxygen. Screaming and crying so much, she has neglected to gulp in air. Felicity let go, panting between back throbs from bawling. Breathing heavily, Felicity collapsed next to the faun. Both were on the ground now, exhausted. Felicity's mouth gaped open as she gasped for air. Lightheaded. Felicity slowly returned to her reeling senses. She looked up to see that Philomel was crying as well. "Damn..."

Felicity looked down, seeing visions of an open wound in her chest. Blood poured out from her chest like a water fall. It flooded the ground, choking the grass in thick turrets of sticky crimson. Felicity slowly and heavily drew breath, watching the wound penetrate the very light of the morning, bathing her in misery. Felicity blinked, tears no longer flooding her eyes. She no longer saw the wound, but she still felt it. It hurt far worse than any physical damage ever done to her. And Felicity had taken a lot of physical damage before.

She reached up and clenched her heart, shaking. The voice of a broken, exhausted little girl came from her lips.

"I would rather have taken all the physical torture in the world than how my mummy treated me." Felicity lowered her head in sadness, "Physical wounds heal in time. But this hasn't. I don't think it ever will. Nothing makes this right. This is agony. Philomel, please, I'm begging you..."

Felicity looked up to the faun slowly and with effort, "... Don't do this to your son."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-21-2021 at 10:06 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    Philomel allowed herself to gently fall onto the grass, sorry wet with dew. Sniffing a little she wiped her nose that was more dripping horribly, and rubbed a hand over her belly. Arranging her legs beneath her more comfortably she took a few moments to gulp in fresh air and try to get her heartrate back to normality.

She had been a crap mum to Celandine. That much was clear now. But how to live her life with a baby boy, in a fortress of women, with her work that required her to constantly travel? Would she need to get a nanny then? A wet nurse? Indeed the boy would be sheltered within the Gilded Lily Fortress, but what else? How often would he see her? Was she really wanting to commit another to the offer Celandine had - barely close to her mother, and most of her life arranged by a governess?

Now Philomel thought about it she felt worse and worse, Felicity's tale causing the guilt to grow. It was thick and muscusy, but maybe it was healthy. It was giving Philomel time to think now, to allow herself to be more ... Humanoid.

"I don't even know where to start with being a mother," she admitted quietly. "I don't ... My daughter was raised by others her whole life. I don't know how to raise a child."

Sniffing again, feeling very lost and fragile, the faun gazed at the woman whom she had both fought with and fought against. "What do I do? What should I do?"
    *admin at your service*

Characters:

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Felicity's tears watered the grass below. As Philomel slumped, asking questions, Felicity looked up at her. She looked back. Looked back to her life without a mother. She shivered, despite the temperate climate.

"My uncle did a great job raising me. My older cousin was the sweetest big brother. But I knew something was missing. I never had a mother, and it was lonely." Felicity reached up and started rubbing her eyes, "I never had any kind of female role model until I met my first mentor. That ended in disaster. Philomel, I have this advice to you..."

Felicity remembered the time she spent with Kylie, the girl Leoric and Felicity had rescued. Kylie was back in New Brookshaven with Leoric, and Felicity knew Kylie likely missed her. She remembered knowing nothing of being that female role model, yet doing everything she could to love on the young teifling

"Be there," Felicity said, "Just be there. And love them. Hold them, guide them, cherish them. Protect them, love them. Always be there to support and correct, keep their best interests in mind. Not what you want, but what they need."

Felicity once again thought of Kylie. Oh, Felicity had needed to leave. Whitevale needed her, and Felicity had stayed in New Brookshaven for way too long. Felicity had vowed to visit, but she felt guilty herself for leaving the child. Yet, Leoric adored the child and Felicity knew the orphan was in good care.

Of course, Felicity blushed just a little. Felicity's own feelings for Leoric had a way of taunting her. He was a player and a jerk, yet Felicity had fallen for him. Felicity gave her head a firm shake, then looked back at the pregnant faun.

"Be there and love them. That's what I would have wanted. Don't neglect, don't leave them alone and be absent. Be an ever present force in their lives and let them know how much you love them. Nothing else matters, just your daughter and son."

Felicity could not chase the nagging thoughts away that she was being a hypocrite. She had showered Kylie in attention and affection in New Brookshaven, but now she had left. Was Felicity even meant to be that mother to her though? Leoric had a buffet of women he could coddle, why not one of them? Felicity shuddered in spite and jealousy. She looked at Philomel, trying to focus on her more.

"I have no idea how a mother works, I never had a positive female role model. But I would have wanted the advice I just gave you."

Felicity Playlist.

Legend

GP

Name
    Race

View Profile
    "I can a positive role model," she said with some certainty, knowing it to be true. At least she had been told that she was plenty of times. Her whole past twenty years had been dedicated to empowering women to the point of independence. Over half of brothels in Radasanth now thrived under her Matron scheme, where the whores essentially were self employed and were able to keep a healthy profit of their earnings after paying room and board fees to the brothel. Her army also was fully trained, and had a strong reputation, especially after the Siege of Radasanth and it's attachments to Whitevale. So empowering people, being a good role model was what she was all about.

Although was she that much of a motherly role model? Had her passion for power and ambition to be known in the world actually overtaken her ability to be a good soul? Had her all of her desires caused her to actually make mistakes in life? All this carelessness that others pointed out she had made, caused by her apparent lack of confidence and concentration as the world had become more complex around her ...

Life had become outrageously difficult and costly recently, sacrifices needing to be made far too easily.

"My mother ... My own mother was a whore. Trapped in a horrible world by her - we called them the Bosses." She sighed, sinking into the grass and letting Veridian slip from her shoulders. "Her name was Lacey. She met a faun who came to hire her once. He got her pregnant, paid her freedom fees to the Boss, and that was my father. He kept her in a small flat and was horribly abusive. One day," she ran a hand through her hair as the words continued to tumble out. "One day he just disappeared, and so she took me back to the brothel - it was called the Hidden Tiger. Or the Crouching Dragon. Or both. Anyway I grew up there, and was ... Well owned really. When the Boss did nothing to react against my mother being raped by a patron I killed the rapist, the Boss, burnt down the brothel and took my mother somewhere safe."

She looked up to Flamebird, sorrow deep in her eyes. "What was I to do but swear vengeance on every man who did a woman wrong? That's where I began, and here I am now - a general, a Matriarch, a ... Well. A woman."
    *admin at your service*

Characters: