A New Threat [Ea Level 1]

Shin alt, for full disclosure.
    Name: Ea (pronounced “Ay-ya”)
    Race: Eila (Demon Clan – see below)
    Height: 4’ 10”
    Weight: 112lbs
    Alignment: Evil
    Race

The Eila are an exclusive and unique race, brought into existence by Grand Mage Melchor over a thousand years ago for the very specific purpose of waging war. They are extremely limited in number (less than twenty have ever existed).

They share the same (or similar) characteristics. All Eila are all bi-pedal beings, similar in shape to humans (all having arms and legs). Instead of internal organs, the entire body consists of a rubbery material comprised of cells vital for the Eila’s survival, wrapped around a carbon based skeleton. The exception to this is the head, where a crystalline organ acting as a brain can be found in the same place a human brain would be located in a human skull. None of the Eila have had hair.

The Eila cells sustain life by absorbing water and excreting a purple fluid which is then transmitted to other cells. This allows nutrients to quickly reach other vital parts of the body, similar to human blood.

In the majority of known Eila, intelligence has been limited mostly to battle prowess, with a built in “killswitch” that activates if the Eila does not follow an order from Melchor or his descendants. It was said that Melchor purposely designed the Eila this way to avoid any insurrection from his creations. Some Eila have been known to speak with limited ability, others communicate mostly through grunts and screams.

The Eila do not use magic. They are instead able to use their cells to create and store energy, which they then manifest outwardly in the form of energy based attacks (usually Elemental in nature). Most Eila are extremely proficient in hand to hand combat due to their ability to adapt the rigidity of their cells at will, hardening them for assaults and softening them for movement.

Appearance

Ea is the most recent iteration of the Eila Demons. Its skin is a dull white, almost bone coloured, and without any hair whatsoever. Its head is humanlike, and its eyes consist of black sclera with golden irises. Standing at under five foot and weighing comparatively very little, it is a smaller variant of its race but of more athletic build than previous creations.

Ea was created with a single set of Eila clothes. This consists of a pair of white pantaloons, a black undershirt and a pair of Eila style black cloth boots.

Personality

Ea's personality is very similar to that of a very young spoiled, selfish child, in that it retains no form of compassion or remorse for any of its actions. It can be said that it is very similar to that of a low-functioning sociopath. It is also, like a child, very unpredictable in its behaviour and actions.

Ea’s only source of enjoyment comes from causing destruction. It appears to enjoy testing the limits of its own power as well, seeking out strong opponents just to see how far they could push it. It is also utterly merciless, infamous for annihilating entire villages simply because there was no-one there to stop it. On the rare occasion it ever showed any restraint of its power, it was either to make a "game" of destruction last longer instead of producing an instant kill, or otherwise because it wanted even stronger targets to fight. It is not a sadistic killer seeking to bring pain to his victims, as it seemingly does not care, or even know about pain, nor does it seek to conquer and rule over anything. It merely seeks to have fun the only way it knows how; creating havoc and destruction.

Though it is highly irrational, Ea does seem to have some reasoning abilities and intelligence. Though caring little for Grand Mage Melchor, Ea at the very least seemed to tolerate his presence presumably due to Melchor summoning it and encouraging the destruction it caused, as well as leading it to powerful opponents to test its power against. This does show on some level that Ea can tolerate weaker beings if they prove useful to it, even though it had no real loyalty to Melchor.

Compared to all the previous Eila, Ea appears to be the least capable of speech. To date, it has only spoken a few broken words; its other noises being mostly gibberish.

Weapon

Ea uses no weapons currently, other than its body.

Skills

Survivalist – As long as Ea has absorbed enough water (at least three pints), it is able to survive a number of weeks without tiring or becoming malnourished.
    Natural Fighter – Ea was literally created to fight. As such, its instincts are sharp and honed. It is proficient in hand to hand fighting, and whilst it doesn’t adhere to any one martial art, it does have a rudimentary understanding of a mixture of close combat forms that allows it to be crude and unpredictable.
    Abilities
    Eilan Biology

Due to the unique makeup of the Eilan biology, Ea is able to harden and soften its body at will, either all at once or in select parts. Hardening the body will cause the part hardened to become rigid and inflexible (0.5x speed), but will increase the durability (x2 endurance) and impact damage (x2 strength) of the part it effects. Softening the body increases the flexibility and agility of the part (x2 speed, x2 agility), but results in a much decreased offensive and defensive capability (x0.5 strength, 0.5x endurance).

Ea’s cells can currently harden at will to the strength of steel, and soften all the way down to rubber. This takes three seconds to complete up and down from its “normal” form, but will take an additional three seconds for a steel body to soften all the way to rubber.

Ea cannot use this to change the shape of its body.

This ability can be used three times per competitive thread.
    White Glint

Ea opens its mouth and charges a white sphere of flame. When fully charged ( to the size of a basketball), it fires the flame sphere from its mouth. The impact damage from the orb and explosive force is enough to cause medium trauma damage on a direct hit (broken bones and heavy bruising). If the orb misses, it causes area of effect damage up to a range of three metres that results in second degree burns. This can be used three times per thread.
    Short Fuse

Ea is irrational, prone to violent outbursts and has a terrible temper. Whenever Ea loses it, its strength and speed increase (2x) and it can ignore the pain and effects of minor and moderate wounds for thirty seconds. This increase to strength and speed will stack with Eilan Biology.

If Ea doesn’t regain his composure after two posts, Short Fuse wears off and Ea enters a state of disorientation for one post (all stats halved).
    Background

Ea, and the Eilan race, are a creation of an celestial being called Grand Mage Melchor.

The Grand Mage hails from a distant part of Althanas’s galaxy and spent centuries attempting to conquer each ancient world in his path with brute force, his goal being to build an empire reaching across the entirety of space. To this end, he used his considerable powers to birth a limited number of creatures called Eilans; each a savage killing machine with enough power to raze entire worlds on their master’s command. Over the course of hundreds of years, Eilans were sent individually to inhabited planets to “seed” (a form of hibernation beneath the planet’s surface that kept their power dormant but would allow them to blossom into fully fledged killers) and would sleep for decades. They would then awake, and use their power to overwhelm and destroy the indigenous species. Melchor would then re-populate the planet with his own people.

Long before the core civilizations of Althanas took root, Ea was created by Grand Mage Melchor. At the height of its power, this monster was a force of destruction, and, because of its absolutely wild and ruthless nature, it could not be controlled. At times, it even defied Melchor himself. Ea had no respect for Melchor’s goals, which often conflicted with its own need for wanton destruction.

Eventually, Melchor convinced (forced) Ea to make their way to the East of the galaxy, where the planets of Althanas and Telgradia were located. After much deliberation, Melchor sent a second (more reliable and obedient) Eilan named Temperance to Telgradia, which was already an established planet and sworn enemies of Melchor’s people, before sealing Ea beneath an emerging Althanas’s surface to seed.

A year after the Calamity brought ruin to Althanas’s people, Ea’s seal begins to weaken and the Eilan warrior within’s resurrection begins…
    Last edited by Eilan "Ea"; 01-27-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Ello there! Welcome to Althanas, adventurer! I will be taking a look over your profile to make sure everything is set and good. Please stand by and thank you!
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Hello,

Are you able to add a limit to how many times Ea can Titan harden his skin per thread?

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamebird View Post
    Hello,

Are you able to add a limit to how many times Ea can Titan harden his skin per thread?
    Three times per competitive thread.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Thank you! Getting some numbers settled then we can take a look at any changes that need to be made.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Okay, Shinsou, sorry to make you cry but you are waayyyyyy overpowered for level 1. Don't worry, we can make this work, but it obviously won't be your vision.

You have double the strength of a level one right now. Even if you removed White Glint you would still be over the limit. Let me know how you want to approach this. I'd suggest removing White Glint and either removing or weakening Short Fuse.

Felicity Playlist.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Understood, and thanks.

For now, I'll shelve this and rethink. I might explore other feasible character ideas I've had.

Thanks Flames. I've closed this and marked as unapproved.