Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile

Songs of a Lonely Heart

Songs of a Lonely Heart

[Solo.]
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The queen reached up, placing her hand in the window. It chilled to the bone, and her hand went numb as she wiped away the foggy condensation that blocked her view. Outside the window, outside her castle, she looked down upon the deep trench that surrounded the castle. Arctic snow floated along the wind as she took comfort in knowing she was not only safe, but in charge.

Now, they all bowed their heads to her.

"Empress."

She turned around. The throne room was quite massive. If it were not for the numerous fires lit in braziers and pits across the stone room, it would have been freezing. The fire was reflective of the rage in her heart, while the ice encased it inside. Calm and regal, she lifted her head. From atop her flight of steps, she watched her guards enter the room in a disciplined, fine manner. Approximately six entered the room and stood in a circular unit. Two more entered, dragging a man behind them. This was wore tattered clothes and was mildly wounded. A prisoner, this older man was out of shape and dragged here against his will. He was cast down in the center of the circle, closely guarded by the last two soldiers.

They all wore gothic helms that completely covered their eyes. The woman could not figure out which one of them spoke especially due to the large room's echoes.

"We have found the commoner who wronged you.

Ah, yes her recent orders. Her most recent hunt.

Adorned in a long, flowing fur dress, she glided down the long, cold steps with the grace of a queen. Fine jewelry jingled lightly as her footsteps echoed across the eerie room. She stood at the bottom of the stairs, hauntingly still, and lifted a single hand. She pointed at the man. "Peter Nickle."

He looked up at the gorgeous woman, lowly and poor. The woman had an unreadable expression as she spoke with icy smoothness. "Oh, how the tables have turned. Do you recognize me?"

The man squinted, "Eiskaltians don't have... red hair."

The woman reached up with a hand, protected by a silk glove. She touched her curled, red locks. "Yet I am the new ruler of your land."

He squinted, "Rhyolite? I recognize the name. Your family was legendary."

"Yet," Empress Rhyolite spoke, "I was nothing but a bastard."

He lowered her hand and fiddled with her gloves. Slowly pulling a glove off of her hand, she gave away a slight frown. "You have been summoned here for an important reason, Peter. Do you remember..."

She pulled the glove off.

"What you did to me?"

She only had four functioning fingers. The last was hideously mangled and twisted, dead. The snow white digit had been lost long ago. She wriggled her fingers, but only four responded.

"I was three years old, the day you assaulted me in your front yard. Now, you will pay for that attack on your Empress."

After long last, a scowl formed on her face. "Do it."

It began. He was bludgeoned, beaten, and bled. His wails echoed across the walls as the only sound as she watched, wordless. He was pulled over to one of the fires and purposefully set ablaze, only to be saved by freezing pond water. Over and over again, he was scorched and put out. Then, he was beaten more. Still, she was motionless and void of emotion. Devices were pulled out. He had drills embedded into his skin. His skin was peeled. Still, as he screamed in agony, there was no response.

After long last, the hideously bloodied and bruised man was drug to the woman's feet. She lifted a slipper wrapped foot and jammed it into his mouth. Through his tears, he was able to see that she had developed a sick, cruel smile.

"You were right about me." She spat, "I am a monster. Simply not in the way you thought."

She lifted a hand and motioned with a finger for one more act of torture. A guard removed his gauntlets and reached down, beginning to slowly twist Peter's left pinky finger. The man seemed to have no energy left to shout. He weakly moaned, his mouth still full of slipper, as his finger was twisted in the same way the Empress has experienced so long ago. He gasped as the guard let go and assumed his emotionless, lifeless position.

The Empress bitterly frowned, "He does not deserve a swift death. Toss him from the tower, into the ravine. Make sure he hits numerous rocks on the way down."

Her green eyes watched him get dragged away in sick satisfaction. It was a pleasure to finally give her abusers what they deserved. As she turned around and swept up the steps, she blinked in pride. She faced the window, she saw her own prettied face in and awaited the fall of Peter Nickle. As she watched, however, something seemed off about her reflection. It was far... younger. She saw her childhood self. A toddler dressed in rags, her stringy hair half covering her face. She watched her own mouth move.

"Am I destined to become this?"

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Never underestimate a dreamer
    Never ignore the idealist's fever
    For this is the one who won't let darkness unfurl
    This is the one who will change the world

Never underestimate a fighter
    Never underestimate the innocent's protector
    For this is the the one who will create paradise
    This is the one who will help the weak survive

Never underestimate the healer
    Never underestimate the biting hand's feeder
    For this is the one who grants life to beggers
    This is the one who touches the child and makes them smile forever

Never underestimate the monster you've created
    Never underestimate the effects of your hatred
    For this is the one who you shaped from your offenses hurled
    For this is the one who burns from the weight of the world

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    "Miss Felicity?"

Upon hearing that familiar voice, Felicity turned from her alchemist's table and turned to that child. Oh, Kylie. Sweet Kylie. This girl was like a daughter to her. The teifling lifted a hand and revealed a cut on her blue hand. Oddly colored blood slightly bubbled from the cut. Her alarm sparked as the potion she had been working on fizzed over behind them. She took no notice, however. This cut was small enough that it only needed antibacterial ointment and a bandage. She ran over to one of the shelves and pulled the sap of a cleansing plant down. Grabbing a roll of bandages, she dashed over to the girl and bent down, attending to the cut.

"How did you do this?"

Kylie was silent. She hissed slightly as Felicity applied the healing sap to the cut. Felicity grew worried as she did not respond.

"Kylie," She asked soothingly as she began to wrap the wound, she used the old pet name. "Rylie, darling. How did you get cut?"

Despite her experience, Felicity was unable to tell what had cut her. It was unlikely to be a blade. A shard of glass was out of the picture from the get go. It seemed unlikely that a sharp mineral weapon had been used either. It sort of looked like the accidental scratch against a stone. Yet...

"I wanted to know."

"Know?" Felicity looked up, taken aback from the answer. "Know what?

The girl looked at the wound. Felicity had paused during wrapping it, leaving the bandages loosely wrapped and dangling in their intertwined hands. At last, the girl spoke.

"What it feels like after your powers turn off."

Felicity gasped, "You did this to yourself!?"

Kylie still avoided her eyes, "I cut myself on a rock. It hurts."

"Of course it hurts!" Felicity exclaimed as she squeezed her hand, "You cut yourself! Kylie, how could you!"

Tears started to swell in her gorgeous purple eyes, "I... You... How can you do it?"

Tears flooded Felicity's eyes as she pulled the child closer. "I-I know it will hurt once I feel pain again. If even I heal faster, it hurts. Whenever I willingly slit myself to activate my powers, sometimes I still hesitate."

"Why do you hurt yourself?" Tears slipped down Kylie's face, "And why do you let yourself get hurt when fighting?"

Felicity reached up and gently wiped Kylie's eyes, "I need to keep my family safe. You, Leoric, Shinsou... I need to stop anything that would hurt you, even at my own expense."

Kylie finally looked up to Felicity, still crying. Her eyes were pools of gentleness and sorrow, "It hurts me too."

Felicity broke out in a single sob. Looking down at the girl's hand, she could still feel the shock of learning what Kylie had done to herself several moments ago. Was that... how her loved ones felt about her every time her powers were activated? Felicity softly finished bandaging the wound. Caressing the teifling's wrists as she finished her work, Felicity's lip trembled.

"Does this bother you that much?"

Though her tears prevented her from seeing, Felicity heard the girls sob and feel through her arm that her back throbbed.

Felicity pulled Kylie into a hug. "Kylie, I love you. I love you so much. Dear, I'd give up anything for you. But does it hurt you to see me sacrifice?"

"Yes!" Kylie wrapped her arms around Felicity's frame and squeezed. "You say you want to make me happy! But I want you happy too!"

Felicity pulled her closer, tighter. She refused to let her go. "Kylie. You make me happy. I feel alive with you. I still have no idea how to be a mother, and I feel that I let you down today. But, Kylie..."

Felicity reached down and lifted Kylie's little chin. As Felicity's tears fell on Kylie's face like rain, Felicity smiled, "I want to protect you. Because you bring me joy. Because words cannot describe how much I love you."

Felicity closed her eyes, bringing Kylie's face against her chest again. "Forgive me."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 01-31-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Part I
    ~~~

The swaying of this ship meant nothing to the girl as she once again walked around the ship. Eiskaltian trading ships rarely had passengers, but the government had given Felicity's family special permission to move away from the icy country. The first month of this voyage, the nine year old had run around the ship day and night exploring and unintentionally getting in the way of the crew. Now, she was bored out of her mind. She was used to staying in one place. For years she had felt caged in the boarded up wooden hut in her hometown. At least then, she could leave with a family member to play in the woods just beyond the village. The cold, snow laden landscape of Eiskalt had been all Felicity had known. Was she truly leaving everything behind forever?

Looking down at the waves, the hooded placed a hand on the ledge. Her dead finger made it awkward, but Felicity leaned against the edge of the ship. Was this long sea her prison now too?

"Ugh, we're almost there!" Felicity turned to see two of the Eiskaltian crew members carrying barrels. "I can't figure out how you people stay in one place for so long!"

The older shipmate laughed, "You get used to it, kid. You'll grow to consider the ocean your second home."

Second home. Felicity looked back down at the waves. Her own hooded and cloaked frame was reflected in the waves as she pondered. What would this distant land called Corone be like? Would it be her second home?"

As a flock of birds flew overhead, clamoring like loud gossiping women, Felicity looked up. She gasped, awe struck, and lifted her good hand to point as the white birds flew over the ship. "What are those?"

The older man placed down a barrel and chuckled, "Great, aren't they? Those are seagulls."

"Sea..." Felicity tried to repeat, "Goles?"

"Close enough." The sailer took a break, sitting on the barrel as the rookie stood silent. "Seagulls are only found in warmer climates. They're a joy to feed. It's like a freak show, watching them all flock towards a single piece of bread."

Felicity turned to him, heavy dress swishing, as she cried out in shock, "You feed them!"

The man crossed his arms with a happy nod.

Felicity was about to ask him if she could when the younger crew member interrupted. "Josiah, are you insane? Talking to that-that neanderthal!"

The way he spat that word, like it was dirty and disgusting, caused Felicity to flinch. She was used to this treatment, but it never stopped hurting.

"Hmm?" The man cast a side eye at him, "She's half Eiskaltian too. She's not entirely a monster. Besides, she's not coming back with us."

"Good riddance!" the younger spat as he returned to the barrels, "Our Noble Family finally did something about that hybrid abomination!"

Felicity was unable to muster the energy to feed the seagulls now. Hurt once again by her kin, she turned and stumbled off the find her family.

Her long dress was drug in dust as her boots scuffed against the wooden planks of the ship. She had always been treated like this. Her pinky was forever dead and unusable because she was attacked when she was three. She had tried to play with kids at the outskirts of town, only to be ridiculed for looking different and repeatedly kicked by the girls. When she was seven, a stone had been hurled at her while she was walking with her uncle to his shop. People had pounded her uncle's door, holding pitch forks and pickaxes, demanding she be thrown out to be beaten, flogged, killed, and left for the wild animals. She was nine now. Now, her family was finally leaving Eiskalt for good. What was Corone going to be like? Were the people there any less cruel? Apparently, her uncle thought they would be.

Tears flooded her eyes as the stumbled around the deck, trapped in thoughts. Her mother had disowned her when she was three. She had disowned her once again before they left, even thanking her uncle for ridding Eiskalt of the spawn of mountain demons right before the ship took off.

She lifted her arm and wiped her eyes. She was terrified. Would Corone be a lush haven, or simply another frozen hell? What was the meaning of her life? Her uncle and cousin protected and loved her, but why? She felt wretched and worthless. Always.

"Felicity!" Felicity looked up to see her uncle running towards her. He never ran like that - except when she or Jonathan were in danger. Terror rose in her chest as she wiped her eyes again and ran towards him. Wait, was he smiling? Why was he smiling and running at the same time? Felicity squeaked in confusion as he took her hand and pulled her along the deck. He was... excited? Fulcrum Rhyolite never got excited. Sure, Jonathan could have high spirits, but her uncle?

"Uncle?"

"Felicity! Darling! Look!"

Felicity glanced ahead to her cousin, staring into the distance with a beaming smile, "It's so green!"

"Huh?" Felicity and Fulcrum stopped at the edge of the ship. In the distance, they saw land. Yet, it looked different. Why was the ground covered in tiny plants? Why did the trees look fluffy? Where were the pine needles?

Felicity felt her uncle take her shoulders, then... a tear drop. Felicity gasped, looking up to see uncle weeping. He pulled her closer to him as he exclaimed, "Felicity! You are free! You can be whatever and whoever you want without criticism! It's our happy ending! Sweetheart!"

Tears flooded Felicity's eyes as she pulled her eyes away from him and out the landmass beyond. Was this... Corone?

"Felicity! Oh, Felicity!" Felicity's uncle dropped to his knees, wrapping his arms around her in an embrace, "I'm so sorry we didn't leave sooner..."

Tears slipped down her cheeks, slamming the deck below. Why... Why was he crying like this? The calm uncle who never lost his composure. Why... Why was he apologizing?

Felicity turned to see that Jonathan was leaning over the dock, staring upon the different looking climate. "It's so different! Father! We need to explore every inch of it!"

Felicity looked out again, still gripped tightly be her uncle, who's back was throbbing as he sobbed. The ship seemed to be approaching the dock town, built out of strange red stones, in the distance. Felicity shuddered. She wanted to see the green plants! She wanted to touch the fluffy trees! Why were they heading to the dock and... people?"

She closed her eyes, way too overwhelmed by it all.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 02-03-2021 at 07:23 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    I was born into a cruel cold world of frost
    Loved, cherished, wanted I was not
    I was a bastard child, a monster, borne from slaughter
    I was hated, scorned and jaded, beaten, lost, hurt

Cold, yet so enflamed, felt so alone
    Nothing seemed like it could atone
    For this sadness in me, the violence in me, except for
    The yearning to fix everything, the weight of the world

I want to be a hero, like my cousin, knight in shining armor I knew
    I want to be a healer, like the gentle father figure who pulled me through
    I want to be a hero, I'll follow one into the unknown glooms
    I want to be a healer, but only hurt meets me in this doom

I feel wrath again, I feel love again
    Over and over, when will the traumas end?
    I feel pain again, I feel hate again
    Power I can't control and the losses of family and friends

I wish to explore the world, as wicked as it is
    I wish to save the world from the unredeemable monsters' sins
    I wish to stop the same hurts I suffered in
    I wish to destroy all the evils, yet wonder, would it make me one of them?

Help, I hate this, I'm so confused
    I rise up in the anger that easily consumes
    I feel the shy shame of a life of harsh accuse
    I feel so lowly, unworthy, but I want my own throne room
    Last edited by Flamebird; 02-03-2021 at 07:56 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Part II
    ~~~

Felicity clung tightly to her uncle's coat as they exited the busy docks. This strange town felt so warm, it was so weird. Why was it warm? Was Corone always warm. As those sea-goles fluttered around squawking above, Felicity was latched to her uncle's arm as they passed... What on earth was that!

It looked human, yet it had green skin and was way, way heavier. Bulging muscles like she had never seen and canine teeth as he casually walked by eating a carrot.

"Huh?" She whimpered, running to the other side of her uncle and hugged his waistline. The creature, much to her terror, looked down with amused, sentient eyes. His amber eyes sparkled as he stopped for a second and looked at the frightened girl. "I can always tell when someone hasn't seen an orc before. It's fun remembering how scary and awesome I look!" He smirked and chomped his carrot again, turning and walking away with a bit of sass to his stride.

Felicity's uncle rustled her orange hair. Felicity sputtered, pulling away for the first time since the ship had stopped. "Uncle!"

"Isn't it great, Felicity?" Uncle Fulcrum smiled, "One of the reasons I chose Corone was because there's so many wild and weird races."

Felicity blinked, blank and confused. She turned to see that orc guy laughing with a woman with unusually pointed ears. Wait, how were they not fighting?

"They're not at war?"

"Nope!" Uncle Fulcrum smiled and took her hand, beginning to walk again, "Unlike Eiskalt, multiple races live in Corone in harmony. As if no wars ever broke our between them! Human, neanderthal, does not matter, kid. You can be you in Corone and nobody cares."

It was such a bizarre concept. Different races not fighting? Did they tolerate each other? Felicity was interrupted when her cousin, several leagues in front of them, started stripping off his coat.

"J-Jona-!" Felicity started a gasp.

Holding his fur coat in his arms, Jonathan turned to his family with a bewildered and amused smile, "You don't need coats here! It's so odd!"

Felicity turned to see Fulcrum pulling his coat off too, "Yeah, this will take getting used to."

Felicity once again felt the unfamiliarity of this place. Wouldn't everything need getting used to!? As they left the docks, Felicity noticed a pointed eared, slender man with skin black like charcoal talking to a short, stout, man with a beard reaching to the ground.

This felt like a bizarre dream after accidentally drinking wine instead of grape juice.

The sun beat down on them as Felicity still refused to remove her coat. The port city had many winding streets made of stone and a red, square block called "bricks." The scents here were unlike anything she had ever smelled before. The air was earthy like the ground, but softer and without frost. Strange foods swurled around her, as well as fresh smelling, natural scents. Felicity walked past a pine tree, and was shocked to see that a tiny, yellow plant was poking out from the ground. "What is that!"

Her uncle and cousin exclamed in confusion as Felicity bent down and looked at the yellow leafed plant as it gently swayed in the wind. It looked so gentle, so delicate. Felicity extended a finger, but was too afraid to touch it.

"Do you know what that is?" Jonathan asked from behind her.

"I do believe," Fulcrum muttered slowly, "That looks somewhat similar to the short summer flowers in Hope Valley during the quick summers."

A flower? Felicity looked down at the gentle plant and was so in awe. This was a flower?

Footsteps resounded from behind the tree. Felicity looked up to see a woman with yellow hair looking down at her with some kind of smile.

"Hello, sweetie."

A stranger! Felicity bolted back with a cry and ducked behind her cousin. As Felicity whimpered, she was confused and scared as Fulcrum chuckled at her. "My apologies, ma'am, my niece has had bad experiences with strangers in the past. We all have, actually."

The woman pushed some blond hair behind her ear, "Oh, no, I'm sorry. I must have startled the poor girl. She was acting like she'd never seen a lily before."

"Honestly," Fulcrum rubbed the back of his head, "None of us have ever seen that kind of flower before. We just moved from Eiskalt, near Salvar."

The woman giggled, "Ah, new to summer seasons, huh? Well, welcome to Corone! I do hope you enjoy it here."

She looked down at Felicity with a gentle look Felicity had only ever seen from her family, "You will love growing up here. I moved here from Alerar, a long time ago. I never looked back."

Felicity's head was spinning. New people, new places, new plants, new buildings, new names! Felicity was terrified, adventurous, and exhausted all at the same time.

Was this truly home?

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    "Do people change?"

The woman who was supposed to be her mother threw her away from her, landing the toddler on the ground. Felicity remembered the still shock at the haunting words that hurt way worse than the strike. "I don't have a daughter! Never have! This, this thing before me is nothing but the spawn of an island brute - a parasite leeching inside me for nine months! Just go die already!"

"Can people change?"

The woman stood still as she faced her brother, "I will... always miss you, Fulcrum. I am sorry you must leave." She frowned, "You are leaving. Leaving me for that..." words seemed to fail her as sharp, sick eyes darted towards Felicity then back to Fulcrum, "At least, I can thank you for taking that abomination away. It was nothing but a stain to my family's name."

"How do people change?"

The fourteen year old held the practice blade in the perfect mirror of her teacher. Ashla Icebreaker turned to Felicity with a smile, "You're improving. Felicity, you are such a fast learner!"

Felicity giggled, lowering her sword. Ashla thought she was a good learner! - Wait! Felicity was too late to block the upcoming blow, creamed by the blunt training sword. Felicity moaned, dropping her training weapon and holding her head. As she winced, Ashla tried to get a good view to make sure she had not hurt her too much. The concern melted when she saw that Felicity looked more stubborn than concussed.

"You're a quick learner," Ashla smirked as she held her practice sword up, "But you're easily distracted."

Ashla chuckled before assuming another stance, "You're lucky this wasn't a real fight."

Felicity immediately slipped into another stance, trying to focus. She would not fail this time!

"Now," Ashla Icebreaker spoke calmly, "Let's try again."

"Do people only change for the worse change?"

She was aggressive. The sound of ringing metal and human grunts and shouts drove all wildlife away as the fifteen year old redhead struggled; shaking in physical weakness.

Felicity was being continually forced back in the ferocious swings. With the blunt side of her sword sweeping the teen's lower leg, the half-elf forced Felicity to fall to her side, dropping her blade.

"Weak!" She shouted critically.

In the uncomfortable dirt and itchy grass, the teen tried to pull herself up. However, her teacher walked around her and raised her foot, pressing it against her back as her blade slightly pressed into the girl's neck. It was not enough to injure, but it was enough to hurt.

"A-Ashla-"

"Ayleth!" She shouted in a dominating, rage filled tone.

"Yeah, that…" the girl grunted, visibly under both physical and emotional stress, "Ca-can we take five and-"

"No." Ayleth replied icily, "We will stop when your defense improves.”

Removing the blade and lowering her foot, she took a step back in apathy and waited for the sweating, bruised girl to return to her opening stance. "Get up."

Pushing her shaking body to respond, the young woman stood up, but did not raise her sword again, "Ayleth, please…"

The young woman walked up to her, lowering her sword. With bitterness written on her face, she raised her hand and backhanded her cheek. "Obey, apprentice."

Holding her cheek in pain, the girl struggled to stand, but held herself together. Closing her eyes to push back her tears, she responded timidly, submissively, "Yes, ma'am."

"Or was that worse there from the beginning?"

"Don't worry, child." Daisuke Toivonen held up the bottle, filled with a strange orange liquid, "This serum will do nothing to harm you.

Only, it did.

"Do they change? Or does your viewpoint change?"

"You... Just traded a deadly potion with that mercenary!" Felicity gaped in shock as Daisuke counted the coins on his counter.

"Yes. Why?"

Felicity sputtered, "He's clearly going to kill someone with that! There will be blood on your hands!"

Daisuke scoffed, not looking up from his counting, "It does not matter how our customers use our products. Now, were you not going to collect some athelas from the woods beyond town? Go on then."

"Do people change?"

"Give it back!" Felicity was too short, jumping, she was unable to reach the headband Leoric held up in the air.

"What's the matter?" Leoric scoffed as a crowd gathered around them. The inn was quite the place to start an argument. Then again, Leoric's cheeks were rosy from drunkenness. He dangled the cloth purposefully, keeping it just out of reach.

The floor boards started to groan as Felicity landed hard on them, jump after jump.

"Admit it," Leoric smirked, "You need to wear a headband to feel good about your mountain forehead, to cover it!"

Felicity's small limbs did not serve her well in this. She loathed her neanderthal traits. If she had longer arms, human arms, she would not need to jump to get her headband. No, Felicity would not need that headband in the first place if she was fully human. She would actually be beautiful.

She gritted her teeth, struggling not to just punch him as she gave up, crossing her arms as she threatened, "Don't make me hurt you!"

Leoric swiped his half empty pint from the table and pulled it to his lips. Swinging the headband like a hoola hoop in his finger, he lowered the glass. Mead slipped down his beard as he yawned, "Eh, you don't scare me, half pint. Not when your powers are just an overblown period."

Felicity's cheeks burned red as some laughter broke out in the audience. "Give. it. back!"

Leaning against his table, Leoric did not stop swinging the headband around, "You know, if you ask nicely, we could do a few jobs and see if we can turn you fully human."

Silence.

Felicity stood there, shocked and feeling as if a stone had been hurled at her. Suggesting that she was inferior the way she was. Again. Feeling this deep inside but wishing it was not true. Again. She wanted to trade her red hair, green eyes, forehead, limbs, short stocky body for the beauty of the petite brunettes she'd seen in bars. She was jealous. Yet, it was everything she despised as well. How dare she be anything but herself? By default, was she less valuable? She kept hoping that it was not true.

Some hushes fell over the crowd as she took a couple steps forward. Standing next to him, Felicity could barely stay her shaking hand as a tear slipped down her cheek.

"Never suggest anything like that ever again."

Felicity found herself moving. The anger overpowered as she landed a punch in the gut, "Got it?"

"Can people change for the better?"

Felicity stumbled into the bar, still feeling only half awake. She had no idea what time it was, she was hoping she was not too late to meet Leoric here. As she slowly walked through the bar, she passed chairs and tables where some gave her peculiar looks. Felicity was too drained to respond. Yet another terrifyingly long moment in a corner somewhere, fighting the past that actively haunted her. Felicity finally found Leoric, sitting with a group of four friends around a round table. Well, Leoric must of considered them friends, because they did nothing but taunt her.

One of the friends looked up and immediately chuckled in amusement, "Hey, Leoric, your little bitch is here."

Everyone turned to face her, and another two immediately burst out laughing, "Her dress is on backwards!"

Exhausted, flushed with embarrassment, Felicity looked down to see that indeed, her dream was put on backwards. Butterflies arose inside. She had thrown this simple green dress on for tonight; but had been too spaced out by watching so much death in front of her again. She looked up to see that Leoric had stood up and was approaching her. What now? Why had she come here? Would Leoric taunt her too? Wait, was one of the chairs down and one of the men on the floor?

No, he lifted a soft hand, holding a cloth, and started to clean her face. "Your eyes are puffy, it happened again?"

He... Realized what had happened. Felicity barely enunciated a mumble of confirmation as the drinking buddies whispered amongst themselves.

"You need to go train to get your mind off of it?" Felicity was shocked. Leoric was all about his booze, yet here he was willing to leave a bar... for her too.

Felicity opened her mouth to voice her confusion. Leoric lifted his hand and gently motioned her to not speak. "I dont mind, I had enough mead to solve my cravings."

A protest arose from the table behind as Felicity's barely functioning head spun "Oh, you've only had one, mate! Come on get a few more in yeah!"

Felicity was bewildered that he was completely ignoring them. "Come on, let's get back. Fix yourself up and let's spar."

From the table, another spoke up, "Hey, if she's changing, let us watch!"

Felicity's temperature rose at the comment. Before she could respond, Leoric whipped around and extended a fist.

The man protested, "You were thinking the same thing!"

It did not save him from the ranged punch that sent him flying. As the other two conscious members of the group ran to check on him, Leoric pulled her away from her away from the scene. Had Leoric... Just given up drinks and merriment for her? Had Leoric... Just defended her? Felicity had to admit, leaning on him for support as they walked into the streets of night, that she felt warm and comfortable inside. Somehow, despite her meltdown and the drunk men's taunts, everything was going to be alright.

"Do people change?"
    Last edited by Flamebird; 02-04-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Part III
    ~~~

Felicity's head spun as they left the outskirts of town. Her uncle had bought them all lunch and decided that the family should have a celebratory picnic, which they had never had before.

"So," Jonathan asked, carrying a blanket, "You throw the blanket down and eat on that?"

"Apparently." Fulcrum chuckled, "This warmer climate is bizarre. People do things outside without bundling up or anything."

Walking along the dirt path, Felicity nodded. She was so tired. Everything was so new and different, like an alternate universe.

Something did catch her eye, however, pulling her from her drowsy daze. A weird, colored insect flew past, wearing gorgeous wings. Wings way more beautiful than any bird, this insect fluttered until it landed on a purple flower. Felicity cautiously walked up to it, still fearing the touch of anything new. Earthy smells flooded her senses as she looked up, beyond the path.

The green grasses spread as far as she could see. Flowers of a variety of colors spotted the landscape where one or two of those fluffy trees stood tall in isolation. Yearning broke out within in. Desire to explore. This time, it overpowered a lifetime of living in fear.

Felicity darted into the field, finding herself surrounded by all these new colors. She had never seen so much green! She has never seen a multitude of plants combine into these eye pleasing colors. Strange, thin, paper like things grew on the trees instead of needles. Felicity bent down and picked one up that had been on the ground. It felt weird, yet cool and smooth. Felicity noticed something moving on her finger. A tiny insect crawled on her finger. Felicity took a moment to look at it, then as gently as she could return it to the plant she was holding.

Dropping the tree's needle replacement, Felicity felt energizing sunlight touch her, way more than it ever had in Eiskalt. Starting to sweat, Felicity after long last removed her coat. Her heavy white dress, stained in splotches if various liquids, still smelled. The cool yet not freezing breeze rustled the heavy material as Felicity ran out again, laughing. She flopped down into the grasses and flowers, feeling each and every type of plant with her own hands. This place... This place was...

Felicity heard footsteps. Lifted her head, she saw her uncle standing over her with a soft, sweet expression. He bent down and brushed something off of her head, pieces of grass fell to the ground.

"Uncle," Felicity asked, tearing up, "Are we really staying here? Every day?"

Uncle Fulcrum sat down next to her, feeling the grasses and flowers for himself. He bent forward and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Forever, Felicity. Welcome home."

~ The End? ~
    Last edited by Flamebird; 02-05-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    We are one in the same
    Broken crowns take the blame
    I learned to be a hero to compensate
    While you caved in and debauched away

Disgusting, yet strangely intriguing
    Your contradictions so deceiving
    You capture so many thoughts
    I need to return, but do not

That girl is ours to keep
    Now you're the one challenging me
    That girl, how can I be
    The one she needs me to be

Duty and loyalty call me home
    But the journey there's so cold
    In the tavern you joke yet have my back
    Those moments go by oh, too fast

I still feel duty calling
    But now my loyalties are dividing
    I can't just leave you alone
    But I can't just abandon my goal

In the training grounds we stand
    You gently fix my posture with guiding hands
    You crack another sarcastic joke
    I laugh and let you show me the ropes

Walking down the streets
    Some weird person we'd meet
    And we tease when they've turned away
    I always enjoy our little games

How can someone lost like you
    Be the same as the you I'm getting used to
    When we're together I feel so strange
    It hurts when you look at another that way

I remember how you mocked me
    Then I remember how you were there for me
    I remember your womanizing debauchery
    Then I remember the sober changes I've seen

You drive me so insane
    Why on earth are you this way
    My heart pounds and body weakens
    Is this humble world my new eden

But duty calls me
    Loyalties dividing
    I have to go home
    But without you I'm cold

Felicity Playlist.