GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile

Vent Thread [Rated 18+]

For all your venting needs.

Here's one from tonight's Facebook trawl I couldn't ignore.

"Cancer was cured in the 1980's. Oncology is medical murder."
    Oncology saved my mum's life. If I ever see you, you'll need someone to save yours, you fucking dickhead.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    I like being a cashier, but Karens, people with no hygiene, and angry old people are terrible to put up with.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Chelley
    Race
    Alaskan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinsou Vaan Osiris View Post
    Oncology saved my mum's life. If I ever see you, you'll need someone to save yours, you fucking dickhead.

I'd have to agree with you there. Oncology gave my dad 8 years of fighting he wouldn't have had otherwise.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    I've lost numerous members of my family to cancer.

My latest one is being in a taxi with the driver who didn't believe in the protection of masks against Covid.

My dad recently was diagnosed positive. Luckily, he's okay, but the person he caught it off has now passed away. It's a real pandemic people. Stay safe.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomel View Post
    I've lost numerous members of my family to cancer.

My latest one is being in a taxi with the driver who didn't believe in the protection of masks against Covid.

My dad recently was diagnosed positive. Luckily, he's okay, but the person he caught it off has now passed away. It's a real pandemic people. Stay safe.
    I trust that Darwin will sort the driver out.

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE:
    I'm a lucky guy. I have a wife that I'm crazy about, a couple great and healthy kids, and enough financial security that I could endure this. Many people are in way worse sorts than I am, and I know that. I'm not without empathy, but I most certainly love to bitch.

I am currently working TWO (2) full time jobs and being paid for three-quarters of one. The company I'd worked with for seven years ran out of money in August, with countless promises that we had money coming in. Countless. I was the VP of Product Development for the company, which boils down to me being the face of the company to every sales outlet we had. They begged me to stay, help them and that I'd be paid back and we'd make a fortune (based on bonuses in my contract, if we got financing to go commercial, I was due an annual bonus 3X my "pretty good" salary).

Fast forward 5 months without pay, and my checking was dwindling down. I took a job in sales as a "side gig", which for those of you in sales may laugh to read. It is an endless job, and I started from a dead start with no leads, so sales bonuses will be slow to arrive. Long story, I went from working 45 hours a week for "100" dollars to working 80 hours a week for "60" dollars.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Chelley
    Race
    Alaskan
    AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Short backstory: Every September Amtgard does a food drive (we call it Food Fight and get competitive on local and kingdom level about raising the most) for local food pantries. My kingdom does a silent auction. I put up a few items that were won by a person living in FL. USPS LOST MY *&^%&%&^$$^& PACKAGE!!!
    SO, I've been remaking the items.

I just put 10 snaps on.... BACKWARDS

To fix this means:
    1. Pry the snaps apart with needle nose pliers and screwdriver
    2. Buy a whole new pack of snaps, cause the posts can't be salvaged
    3. DO IT &^$%&$$^&$ AGAIN (the right way this time)

Ride The Lightning

EXP: 166,794, Level: 17
    Level completed: 83%, EXP required for next Level: 3,206
    Level completed: 83%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,206

GP

Name
    Storm Veritas
    Race
    Human
    Serenity now, Chelley. Sorry, that sucks.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    My dad lost yet another friend to Covid. Luckily he's well and safe, back to work and didn't get ill much due to having had the vaccine. The vaccine works guys.

Stay safe.

And sorry to hear about the work, Storm. I know if my other half was doing that much work I'd be telling him to quit. Kudos to you.

Chelsey, sorry love. That's so frustrating.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Althanian

EXP: 67,821, Level: 11
    Level completed: 24%, EXP required for next Level: 9,179
    Level completed: 24%,
    EXP required for next Level: 9,179

GP

Name
    Vincent Cain
    Race
    Human (Tap Phantom)
    I work at a kickass arcade called Round 1 Bowling and Amusement. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a Japanese arcade company that came over to the U.S and started opening Arcades (And I guess they decided to attack bowling alleys to make it more American???) I started there after working at a TOXIC workplace where I worked 60 hours managing a mom and pop restaurant where every weekend I would get in a fight with the owners because something typically out of my control went belly up. I was regularly drinking my frustrations away, started smoking, it was hell on earth for me.

So I move on and get this kickass job at an Arcade and I mcfucking love it, it's like getting out of a really bad relationship and then shacking up with your soulmate. Now, fast forward a year and a half and covid hits. We're forced to shut down for a bit, it sucks, I make some unemployment and pick up side work, life moves on. Ever since we've reoopened from the shutdown, things have been awful. They slashed our hours at first, then people started abandoning ship and now we don't have enough people to staff the store. I'm working ten times as hard to make sure the store runs semi smoothly. Our August review, one of two times a year you can get a raise/promotion, comes up and they go "Sorry, Covid, can't do any raises or promotions." Everyone is understanding, what the fuck ever.

February, the only other time of the year any of this shit can happen rolls on in and they're like "Yeah, the CEO put out an email in December saying it wasn't gonna happen again, sorry homie." My manager, who's my best friend, tells me he was told to nitpick the shit out of our reviews so he could justify it. They then turn around and promote my brother, who's been with the company six months less than me to be a Lead in his department, solely on the merit that he's one of two people left and they didn't want him to leave. Meanwhile everything is still on fucking fire and I've been grinding for a fucking promotion for a year, working at a manager level for the lowest wage I've ever accepted in my adult life.