Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile

Detonation (Shinsou Vaan Osiris vs Felicity Rhyolite)

Shinsou's Level 15 profile can be found here
    Winter had finally come to Radasanth.

Snowflakes whipped and whirled on the northerly wind. They danced beneath the luminescence of thick clouds that were illuminated by the pink hues of an urban sunset, and as some of them landed on the cobbles of the emptying streets below, they swiftly dissolved into streaking tears of water. Those that didn’t gradually piled up a blanket of white purity that covered the pavement.

Wrapped in the heady warmth of his white greatcoat, Shinsou walked against the cold wind. Frosty vapour from his breath soared to freedom, fogging a trail across his calm features. Only a few people stirred on the streets at this time (mostly consisting of market traders packing up for the day), and even less seemed to be moving to and from his destination, the almighty Citadel. As the embracing heavens slowly showered him in white, the Telgradian had one prevailing thought.

Felicity.

He could feel her within the city, moving towards the great bastion of battle itself. With each step, the essence of her soul drifted into his sense. A wisp on the wind, or perhaps a permanent candle-flame flickering at the end of its wick.

Shinsou smiled. She’d received his letter, which had been a bit of a rambling mixture of apologies and promises about the future. There was no doubt in his mind that he had not been the most attentive of teachers in the last few months, but there had been unforeseen circumstances. He and Storm had been entirely preoccupied with stopping Arius Mephisto, who was now dead, and dealing with he fallout of the destruction of Whitevale. It assuaged his guilt somewhat that both of these matters simply had to take priority, but the Telgradian realised he now had to make up for lost time.

He had promised Felicity the opportunity to show him how much she had learned, and has asked her to face him in the Citadel for a second time. As he thought about this, the Telgradian didn’t even notice the two shadows step from behind him.

“I’d stop if I were you,” a coarse voice accosted Shinsou’s attention from the rear, the accent heavy and tarnished. He stopped, and turned, on a dime.

“Empty your pockets, unless you want gutting.” The second voice snorted in equally disdainful tone. Between the hapless pair, the Brotherhood’s leader sneaked a silent glance at the looming shapeless hulks.

This isn’t going to go the way you think it will, Shinsou mused.

“Did you hear me?” The man repeated.

“Maybe he’s deaf?” This time, the second man prodded a knife at Shinsou’s stomach, followed by more insistent gestures with the blade. “How about we make you under-“

Without warning, Enpera’s blade rushed over his face, cleaving it clean in two with a single precise strike. The snowdrifts behind the unfortunate mugger blew apart in tall plumes of obfuscating steam. A scream of agony echoed through the white. The first man reared at the sight of the slashed flesh, then bolted in panic as he caught the sight of something infinitely more dangerous. Only by abandoning the robbery did the wanderer survive the single dark lance of roiling death hovering within Enpera Kurohitsugi’s portal, and as the world about him dissolved into utter panic, the unfortunate thief vanished from sight.

Shinsou touched his face for the briefest of breaths, wiping the blood spatter from his cheeks. He immediately rolled the carcass of the first man from the pavement with his boot, ignoring the protestations of several passers by, and silently continued through the Citadel’s gates.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Winter.

I sighed, looking out the window. Snow softly fell on the bitter cold, cobblestone streets outside. The massive inn was only across the street from the Citadel. It was a frequent tourism stop. It was the best pit stop before entering the Citadel or leaving it. Indeed, many warriors and adventurers from all walks of life were dining and drinking behind me. I could even hear a fist fight breaking out down the hall.

“Hey!” An employee shouted. I turned my head to see a server dashing towards the gemstone lit hallway, “The Citadel is just across the street! Solve your little fight there!”

I snorted in amusement. Despite the glorious scenery of this inn, it attracted a foul crowd. I wondered how on earth the fanciful glass chandeliers survived these hardy orcs and magical elves. It was a good thing the inn invested in etched, smooth stone tables and chairs. The smooth marble floor and dark wood walls simply were made for the wrong crowd. This inn obviously was rolling in coin. The resources would better be spent on the theme of a warrior's hold instead of a five star inn.

I turned towards the square windows again. For the magically enhanced heat inside the inn, the windows were cold as death. I only have my elbow on the wooden panes, I was wearing a comfy warm gambeson, and the cold still wafted towards me. As I gazed lazily from the window, I saw him. Through the flurry, I just caught sight of his signature white coat as he slipped into the Citadel’s shadows. There you are.

Shinsou...

My teacher. The only thing I had left to live for. I had given my all to Shinsou Vaan Osiris. I simply owed my life to him. I held the letter in my hand, once again tearing up over it. He had actually apologized. In a world I felt beaten, bruised, and forgotten in, he apologized. Had he finally noticed that I felt neglected by his training? Had he finally remembered that I existed? He had promised to teach me, but always had something else to do. Like that wretched Arius Mephisto. Arius took all of Shinsou’s time and attention away from me! I had always felt so resentful even before I met him. Then, I did meet Arius. That was when...

My tears doubled, slipping down my cheeks.

Whitevale. Oh, Whitevale. I was such a failure, but this was one of the worst failures of my life. Whitevale had been destroyed, and I was positive it was my fault. My head hurt. I lifted my hand to my head and grasped it, ruffling my headband. Whitevale had crumbled, fallen, been destroyed. Even then, after being transported to Salvar, I had done everything in my power to get home, get to Shinsou. Where was Shinsou though? Even if Whitevale had fallen, I had been able to sense Shinsou’s presence with my fading magic senses. What on earth had Shinsou been doing?

Had he forgotten me? I knew I probably deserved to be forgotten for letting Whitevale fall, but I was so hurt. I… I needed someone. I had no one, except Shinsou. Yet, it felt like he had abandoned me. With such a small desire to live at all, it stung. Shinsou had taught me nothing since he took me in! Nothing! I had to keep reminding myself that he gave me a home, gave me purpose then. It was all gone anyways though, and I yearned for something I truly needed. Attention. Ugh, Shinsou had given me zero attention. I had literally learned more from Leoric-

- Leoric! No! No. I would not think about that traitor.

I lowered my hand from my forehead and wiped my eyes. The letter was clenched tightly in my other hand. He had apologized, yes. It was easy to apologize. Would he repent? Oh, I shook my head. He did not need to; he had done enough for me. But I wanted him to repent still.

Wow. I was angry at the person who literally was my only reason for living right now.

I sighed. All my emotional baggage hung onto me even heavier than all the weapons and equipment I carried. I walked towards the glass doors of the inn and out to the street. The cold air was awful, and I hated crunching my boots in the snow. I felt like I had just escaped Salvar, only to be thrust back in again. Not to mention all the drama with Leoric when I got to Corone. Nothing seemed to be going my way. I stalked into the Citadel, emotionally exhausted and sore. A fight, huh? He wanted to see what I could do? Fine, I would show him. Even with my magical senses gone, I was a powerful fighter, and no thanks to my own teacher. He knew nothing of what I was made of now. He had no idea what I had been through. I turned down that first, ancient stone hall. In the cold, unheated, dull grey hallway I saw him.

His cut brunette hair, white coat, and brilliant sword at his side. I had gotten my katana Copycat to mimic Enpera and Shinsou’s fighting style. Now, I barely used this sword. It had been five months. Five, long, agonizing months. I had always thought that I would be overjoyed to see Shinsou again. Yet, I only felt the open wounds of the past and present. I still felt like I was bleeding out, and I felt the endless torture that had assaulted me since Arius transported me away from Shinsou’s side. Now, we were back together. I was surprised that my first reaction was not joy and relief, but anger and betrayal.

I simply could not hide all my hurt, disappointment, and anticipation. It was about time Shinsou actually even thought about me. Finally, I had the attention of the one thing I was living for. The one thing I owed my life to. The only thing I had left, after losing everything else.

“Shinsou.”
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-08-2021 at 01:39 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Shinsou had sensed Felicity’s arrival long before she had spoken, but her physical presence here spoke more to his soul than anything he could have anticipated. The young woman stood before the Telgradian for the first time in many, many months. And what a spectre she was; Shinsou could feel a convoluted mixture from her of the harsh, the forbidding and the unwelcoming blended with remorse and love. It was as if her very existence were teetering on a cliff edge, with a sea of doubts crashing angrily against the ever eroding rock of her spirit.

The young woman stood, almost benign, in the foyer. Despite the despair he could feel from her, he also felt there was still a sense of purpose about her being here. Her eyes were fixated on him, fully, waiting for him to speak.

“You came,” the Telgradian answered, his coarse features a stark contrast to hers. He pushed down the urge to say that he hadn’t expected her to come at all, for fear of making her feel worse.

Endless eternities flew by before he spoke again, fighting to leash his embarrassment and regain control over his wits. Inside, they were quite the opposites. While Felicity was an emotional and friendly person, he could be quiet and introverted. While her smile was enthusiastic and endearing, his was simply modest. They were both intelligent and athletic, but in vastly different ways; it was almost a miracle that they had grown close enough to become master and student at all.

Almost.

“The letter says a lot, but, I’ll be honest,” Shinsou finally spoke, breaking the fragile silence with an uncharacteristically sculpted expression of regret on his face. “After Arius burned Whitevale down, all I could think about was stopping the son-of-a-bitch from doing it again. When we all realised what he was capable of, I knew we had to stop him, at all costs. It became everything I cared about. Everything Arius did stopped at mine and Storm’s door – and we felt that if he fucked us, then, well, that was our price to pay. But it should never have been your price. I thought I was protecting you by leaving you behind.”

In the foyer, Shinsou’s outer garment flowed outwards as he turned slightly. “I went back to Telgradia shortly after we did Arius,” he replied, his voice low and melodic. With a sigh, the young man reached down and retrieved Enpera from its sheath, “… and learned a lot about this. It made me realise that even as powerful as I am, I still didn’t know what I could do. I still needed guidance. Just like you.”

Shinsou’s expression didn’t waver. He lowered his gaze and looked away from her, hiding his face from the truth borne by the scouring looks from Felicity.

“We’re all learning, all the time, all of us. Maybe I could have trusted you a bit more, but instead I hid you away because I thought Arius would destroy you. I thought he’d end all of us, to be honest. But now, looking back, maybe we could have done with your help. Maybe I could have trained you further beforehand. But…”

He faltered, once again failing to word his feelings clearly. She stepped into the breach, looking a little exasperated.

“…but, all of that is irrelevant now. I am truly sorry, and what happens now is what’s important. You need guidance and you need support to deal with those unchecked emotions. For everything else? For that raw power? I want you to really show me how you’ve grown since the last time we met.”

The simplicity of his reply was cold water to her hot fury; nothing but steam. He was ignorant of the damage his introversy had caused.

“I’ve chosen an arena very personal to me,” Shinsou said, stepping forwards beyond the waiting attendants with Felicity in tow, “It’s the Council of Five chambers in Telgradia. I once fought a brutal battle against a swordsman called Nanashi and a conjurer named Elijah Belov here. I know you’re going to fight with the same intensity, so this place is perfect.”

The funnel wall of the portal crackled as the electrical substance it was made from bent to the Citadel’s every whim. Strange, tendril like anomalies morphed and swirled in front of Shinsou and Felicity’s faces and then, finally, the arena phased into focus. The Telgradian judged the two foot gap between the lip of the portal and stepped down perfectly; his foot pressing onto the glistening surface of a white marble path.

Just ahead, a familiar silver gate stood at least three times the height of the ten foot wall on either side of it that encircled the chamber of the Council of Five. It was topped with crystalline spires that glinted like diamonds in the low morning sun. The dome shaped structure was made of some sort of white granite, and finely carved statues adorned the edges of the gate around its massive iron doors. Heroically posed warriors, insignias of Telgradia and the Council of Five and assorted coats or arms were some of the more prominent statuary, breath-taking in their beauty and refinement.

As they approached, Shinsou and Felicity exchanged no dialogue. The Telgradian pressed his hand against the iron door on the right, and after a bit of a struggle it slowly opened on its massive chrome hinges.

The secretive halls of the Council of Five’s chambers were as silent as a crypt, and almost as dark and eerie. In Telgradia, the mausoleum like structure was well guarded and kept away from any official Telgradian military buildings. It was used only to summon the Council of Five, and was so scarcely attended that anyone walking its cold corridors could feel a cold chill down their spine as they peered at the empty walkways. Felicity suddenly jumped as the heavily reinforced doors slammed behind them, whilst Shinsou remained stoic and unfazed by anything, his golden eyes fixated on nothing in particular.

Far over their heads, vaults and arches sailed up and converged in a classical array of marble carved embellishments. A row of marble columns rose to the ceiling and created an avenue that extended past the end of the dome chamber in which they stood. At the end of this avenue a white statue of a goddess, shrouded in celestial robes, loomed over the walkway with a single hand held towards the heavens. The floor consisted of a myriad of marble slabs that led to a centre circle underneath the peak of the dome, from which all other passageways through the building were connected. Here, the flooring was laid in such a way that the emblem of the Council of Five was sketched out over the circumference of the room.

Shinsou once again led the way, walking a straight path between the columns with a silent Felicity in tow. The lay-out of this section of the building was similar to several of the other royal buildings in the complex; high, narrow windows of colourful stained glass, patterned to portray important events in Telgradian lore. They alternated with the pillars, dark with the lack of any background light. Under these, tucked into coves far into either side of the corridor, were strange pedestals that contained small statues of previous council members. Rows of lighted, scented candles flickered on top of tables positioned either side of these figurines

“A bit extravagant for a battle, I know.” Shinsou stopped, brushing a thread of chestnut brown hair from his face as his golden eyes steeled onto the form of his apprentice. “But there’s meaning here.”

Felicity had often seen his sword, and had seen some of his abilities in person. Now, though, she would learn about his new powers, in ways she never would think imaginable. Flicking strands of brown matted hair out of his face, the Telgradian snapped his head up and smiled slightly as purple light manifested from Enpera.

Hakai.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 03-10-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Bunny approved.

This was all a lot to take in, a lot to process. Shinsou’s words, then the arena. As his words still swirled in my head, I looked around the arena. Just a few months beforehand, I would have marveled at this brilliant arena. The perfect statues, the otherworldly architecture. Before, I would have loved running around the narrow halls. The dim candlelight in this room, however, reflected how I felt now. Nothing sparked joy again. I felt no wonder. I only felt jittery nervousness, even jumped when the heavy doors slammed behind us. Our footsteps echoed widely against the marble floor. The windows were colorful and large, yet no outside scenery could be seen.

The dim candles rested on some strange pedestals of tiny statues. I did not care who those people were. I had no interest in the tall columns that held the building up. These statues were void and meaningless to me. Even my respect for Shinsou, and knowing this place was important to him, could not curb my bitter apathy.

I was barely containing myself. I had not spoken. My entire body bottled intense emotions so violent, even opening my mouth to breathe out would cause it all to uncontrollably erupt. I felt tension overtake my body as I kept my eyes on Shinsou, rolling his earlier words around in my pounding head.

Oh, the past did not matter now? "Oh, I'm sorry or whatever, now move on?" No! No, I had been through too much! Shinsou should know, would know what I had suffered. Protection? All I had ever wanted was to protect him! I could take care of myself. I just had these past five months. Even knowing he was sorry did not make me feel better. He had played around with his stupid sword instead of even considering me. Was he just sorry for some afterthought? I had always been his afterthought. First with Arius, and now here.

I craved love so badly. I had misjudged a man I had thought loved me, but I was positive Leoric had only used me for sick pleasure. Was Shinsou the same? Would he betray me too? Did I mean nothing to anyone?

I wanted to strike him. I wanted to violently break him in this arena. So Shinsou would feel and understand everything I felt right now. So he could have a taste of how terrible I was feeling inside. It was sick, but I was positive it would make me feel better.

Enpera glowed an ethereal purple, another dim light source in these darkened halls. I immediately knew what I needed to do. I pulled my prevalida arming sword, Splicer, from its hilt. Out from the sheath over my shoulder, I pulled out my prevalida parrying dagger too. Ikiyoka had a nasty surprise, but it would have to be sprung at the right moment.

I glared at Shinsou’s sword. I hated that sword, and how it represented my lack of value to Shinsou. I knew Enpera was the key to Shinsou’s powers. Shinsou relied too much on one power source. Enpera needed to be disarmed.

I rushed him. My boots pounded on the smooth floor as I raised Splicer to strike. I swiped it towards his side. As expected, he blocked. Good. Then, he brilliantly shoved Splicer off. In an instant, he switched angles and swung at my other side. Now!

As Enpera sung its sweet sword song, I raised Ikiyoka. I pressed my finger on the trigger, causing the one blade to snap into three. Ikiyoka was a trident parrying dagger, perfect for grappling and disarming an opponent's weapon.

Enpera was caught between the dagger's blades now. For the first time in this arena, I felt a sliver of excitement. It would only take a single, clean movement to disarm Enpera now. Good riddance.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-08-2021 at 01:38 PM.

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Shinsou’s smile shattered. With his mind fearful of Felicity’s monstrous magic, the Telgradian had activated his Hakai and had neglected to consider three other important elements; her anger towards him, her equipment and her natural strength. Dust from the marble floor billowed from the fierce collision; Enpera’s edge first clattering hard against, and then crudely sliding between, the metal prongs of her dagger before becoming trapped within their suffocating grasp. Wisps of breath, and very little else, now separated Osiris and Rhyolite as the fiery Neanderthal stared him down.

Shit, stupid move. Get out of there, The spellsword lamented as he struggled to keep a grip of his blade. There was a brief tussle, but Felicity’s incredible strength was always going to fare better against the physically weaker Telgradian. All he could do was grimace as she painfully levered him to one side, twisting Enpera from his palm and casting it from his grip. It skidded to a halt beneath nearby marble statue of a goddess.

Disarmed and exposed, the Telgradian had to think quickly. There were about seven inches now between Felicity’s trident dagger and his exposed belly, so with a sizzing snap, Shinsou formed a solid blade of dark matter that extended over and out of his right hand. With a hue of deepest night, the unchecked weapon of dark magic would reek of promised death to a normal adversary, but Osiris knew that he would never win a game of physical strength here. Instead, he used the sword as leverage. Rolling quickly to his right, around Felicity’s dagger arm, Shinsou brought the blade’s face against that of the curved base of the weapon’s prongs and pushed to ensure the Neanderthal’s own momentum would carry her forward and past him, exposing her back.

There was a primal urge to rush in and strike that vulnerable Neanderthal flesh with the dark matter weapon, but more intelligent comprehension prevailed. The Telgradian knew that continuing to be drawn into close combat with her was a death sentence, and this was a mistake he had already made once. Even if the honeyed promise of the Citadel’s revival magic meant that such mistakes could be taken without risk, he refused to put his reputation as a teacher in jeopardy by continuing to teach her rank foolishness.

His eyes gleamed from the confines of his face at the fallen Enpera. So, using the precious little time he had bought with his manoeuvre, Shinsou poised and darted, his left arm spread in preparation for his sword’s collection. With speed and grace, the spellsword dressed in white slid and grabbed its hilt without error.

In this time, Felicity had recovered her balance and was preparing; only a small distance now between them.

“Dokuga.”

Its single word resonated with arcane power; a power that provoked Enpera to begin secreting a dark fluid as its silver blade turned jet black. The poison dripped on the tiled marble floors, secondary splashes of ink like liquid disturbing the remaining motes of dirt and dust. With a powerful stroke, a crescent wave of loose black toxin washed from the blackened shadows beneath the statue in its recessed alcove towards Felicity.

Isolated from her pain and suffering, he knew not what the girl was thinking or feeling. But, the Telgradian did know one thing. It would take more than her brute strength to topple him in this place.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 03-09-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Ugh! All my effort wasted!

Shinsou’s finesse was sharper than ever, and I still was unable to properly work with momentum. Somehow, he had managed to grab his weapon again, and he utilized it.

In a flash, an inky substance splashed towards me. I raised my hands to cover my face, shielding it from the liquid. My hands were coated in the strange, bubbling poison. The effects took place immediately. I was sweating, and I felt so dizzy. The world swirled around me as I dropped my weapons.

I had witnessed two powers he had never shown me before. I would need to be careful, and I hated it. I yearned to satisfy the raging emotions inside. Oh, the poison was messing with me, I was circling. I was unable to tell where I was. Where was I? Satisfy… emotions…

I was lying down. I looked up; the room pitch black. His silhouette hung over me. Leoric gently caressed my head, pushing my hair behind my ear. He whispered my name. I was exposed and vulnerable. I…

I had been pressing my lips together, remembering the shallow kisses we shared. I was back in the dim halls. The candles wildly danced as I still struggled to see straight. My back was against a statue, I was sweating. I must have looked crazed; I genuinely was not here a moment ago. Or was it a minute? Ten minutes? Frustration overtook me, rage. I bit my lip in self-punishment as my stomach twisted inside. This was not the time to think about our mistakes! I reached back and pulled out my talymar war bow, Seeker. If Shinsou wanted to play games, I would play along. Anything to escape these memories.

I pulled my first redwood arrow back. My pull back was awkward under the poison’s effects, it was insanely hard to aim. Weakness and sweat forced me to let go. The arrow was unleashed, smashing into a statue somewhere left of me. I was unable to tell. I could hear crumbling stone and marble. The sounds triggered my stomach. I lurched, bending over and dropping Seeker as I vomited. This must be what my blood feels like to other people…

I looked back up, unable to see past teary eyes and blurred vision. Where was Shinsou? The pale marble made it hard to pinpoint his white coat. I could not see. I rubbed my eyes and bent down, shakily picking up Seeker once again. I needed to feel. I needed to feel something aside grief. The poison continued to trick me as I opened my mouth, crying out.

“I’m still here!”

I had no idea what it was aimed towards. My recent suicide attempt? Shinsou? Myself? I needed to feel, and I somehow felt those words. The poison was numbing my sense of reality. I yearned to break out.

I pulled a second arrow into the string, resting it. I was ready to draw and aim the best I could.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-09-2021 at 10:41 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    An arrow had flown harrowingly across the dark Council of Five chambers, instantly obliterating the gaunt, marble frame of the statue to Shinsou’s left and showering him in a shrapnel cloud of classical embellishments. Its destructive power was not a shock to him at all; the Telgradian knew all too well what that bow was capable of, and what a second arrow could do to him should he hang around to allow it such purchase. Thus, he moved, circling carefully but quickly around his unsteady prey like a hyena around a wounded gazelle.

As expected, a second arrow was already nocked. Through hazy eyes and on rubber legs, Felicity was admirably doing her best to fight the effects of the poison. She was looking for him, unafraid but impaired, defiantly declaring her presence in the room both mentally and physically.

She's tough. Keep your distance. Think it out. Shinsou instructed his more impulsive side as he continued to move amongst the column cast shadows, circle-strafing around the Neanderthal. Again, there was a raging urge to leap in and start hacking. Again, he had to tell himself there was a bigger picture. Activate her rage, and let Senkai do the rest later. Make sure whatever damage you do, counts.

Felicity’s balance was already starting to improve, such was her tenacity and durability, but he still had time. His apprentice’s arrow sat menacingly on the taut bowstring, the flare of her watery eyes burning from behind the mask of emotions and illusions.

In some ways, the Telgradian was proud; she hadn’t rested on her laurels for too long in his absence, turning from a scared little girl to something more resembling a mighty warrior in the time they had spent apart. But he knew his own power, too, and now loomed malevolently on the fringes of his diminutive opponent’s blurred periphery.

The progressive use of his rarely displayed abilities had been matched only by the growing confidence of the Telgradian in himself. For too long, he had hidden what he was truly capable of from everyone, including even his best friend Storm Veritas. Perhaps it had been fear of showing weakness, or wanting to stay unpredictable. Perhaps it was even a matter of respect. Now, though, Shinsou realised that holding back was ever futile in the face of overwhelming adversity. Against Felicity, he had long since learned the hard way that letting go of his pride and fear, and releasing the full extent of his power, was the only way to disrupt the sheer nightmare of her radiation abilities and superhuman strength.

Carving the air before him with Enpera, Shinsou shimmered with arcane light. Inaction was suddenly arrested by the shearing impact of metal through stone as he plunged his prized possession into the floor beneath him. The resulting shockwave ripped a trench that travelled from the tip of the blade toward and underneath Felicity, from which dozens of jagged stone stalagmites ripped through the beautiful marble and gold flooring of the council chamber and viciously stabbed upwards.

It was all part of a plan; a plan that started with getting Felicity to bleed.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 03-09-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Tears slipped down my face. I blinked rapidly, trying to clear my vision. I once again saw the dimly lit statues and columns in front of me. I saw the candles flickering their natural glow. Yet, the poison was still playing tricks. I was positive I heard - wait... That was the sound of the floor being torn up in front of me. It was like an earthquake. The floor vibrated beneath me. The first thought that flew into my mind, Don't get cut!

I dropped my equipment. The fall of the bow and arrow were a raindrop compared to the thunderstorm of rubble. I fell to my knees, covering as much as I could with my vlince gambeson. I raised my arms in front of my face, clenching my fists. I felt the wind of the blast rustle my hair. Pebbles sprayed me like sea water, and I could feel rubble slamming into me. Don't bleed! Don't bleed! D-

*Slit!*

I was gone.

She lowered her stance as she bolted forth. The statue started to crumble behind as she darted towards the direction of the fading shockwave. She ran, blind rage ruling her every movement. With abandon, she chased the shadows, only to find no life there to crush.

Then, I came back.

"Ick!" I reached and grasped the cut in my hand. It was not tiny, but it was not big either. It did not cut too deep, but even this was enough to activate my uncontrollable powers. Thankfully, the poison had slipped away. I could feel the cut clearly, after all. I also could tell I was in the shadow of a statue. It struck me that I was vulnerable. I had blindly chased, and now was in a spot that could easily be played into Shinsou’s hands.

I need to close our distance somehow.

I took wary steps. I casually slipped my hand into my satchel as I rounded one of the end tables. I leaned against the table, tapping the hilt of my remaining arming sword. I looked around the tall chambers, peering into the darkness. I had a plan.

I started to speak. "I'm even more impressed than last time. You have grown." I drew my delyn arming sword, Heart, while slipping something from my satchel under the table bottom. Hopefully, talking and the loud shling Heart made would have been enough to hide it.

"But I've made progress too. You know I lose control when I bleed. That's why you threw an attack like that at me. You're not stupid. Neither am I."

I pushed myself up, my half-torn gambeson rippling. My hand still bled, it stung, but I marched away from the table with Heart on my other hand.

"You want to know where Arius transported me? The worst place for my safety, and the best place to learn not to rely on my powers alone."

I stopped under the canopy of a giant statue, back completely turned to the table. My explosive bird hovered right beneath the table. If Shinsou came in this direction, it could easily explode. It was tempting, after all, to hide where one's opponent's back was turned. My plan was set in motion. I just needed Shinsou to fall for it.

"Salvar."

I revealed the location I spent a bitter month traveling through. I spat the cold, winter region's name like a curse word. I knew I never wanted to visit that place again. Yet, it also shaped me. I raised my sword, ready to fight.

"Come! Shinsou!"
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-13-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Viator Mundi

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    The wily Telgradian had watched from afar as his attack had struck, having already moved to a darker part of the chamber out of caution for what he assumed would come next. Surprisingly, her radiation cloak hadn’t yet activated, and his deliberate attempt to put distance between them had inadvertently allowed Felicity the time she needed to recover from the poison. Annoying, and slightly disruptive to his plan, but not entirely unexpected. Before long she had disappeared out of sight, and into the recessed alcoves containing various pieces of art and furniture. Of course, just because she was out of sight did not mean she was out of mind. Perhaps the Neanderthal, in her rush to escape his sight, had forgotten he could sense her presence.

Or, perhaps not. Perhaps she had remembered his power, and was baiting him. Her words sailed over the now silent hall to his ears; an invitation to a quick death, no doubt (in his mind, at least) designed to lure him into a full frontal attack.

The notion surprised the Telgradian somewhat. After all, had he not made it clear from his actions that he had no intention of going toe-to-toe with her physically? He still didn't quite fathom the extent of Felicity’s game-plan, but a tinge of disappointment ran through him. So far, she had disarmed him once, and hidden away in the chambers.

Shinsou expected far more from his apprentice than this in the Citadel.

If she thinks I’m going to get involved in a game of cat and mouse, followed by a hearty punch-up with someone of her strength, she’s going to be in for a shock. Shinsou hazarded another glance towards the array of columns and statues that masked her physical presence to his eyes, but could not hide her spiritual presence to his senses. It was difficult to stifle a small frown.

"Do you think so little of me that you’d hide away in the shadows, waiting for me to come and raise my sword against you?" – Shinsou said, sure that she was close enough to hear his words "I’m disappointed, Felicity. Let me remind you who you’re dealing with, teacher to student, so that you don’t insult my intelligence again.”

A sudden breeze whipped up, this time blowing from the ground up and around Shinsou, who stood amongst rows of candles and tables in the hallway opposite. Small pieces of rock and stone, dislodged from the earth from his earlier attack, vibrated rapidly on the floor around him as he began to unleash his favourite spell. He closed his eyes as a crease formed on his brow; one that was there only for the briefest of moments before it disappeared. Tapping into his magic required slightly more from him physically now, but he was getting used to it.

The resultant windburst created a discernible path amongst the dirt-strewn ground. Shinsou paused for a moment to gather his bearings - primarily the direction of the Neanderthal, since he would have to be careful about not his next move, but the one after. Then he spoke, words of power passing his lips as he raised his right hand.

“Enpera Kurohitsugi.”

His favoured spell was one that Felicity had seen before in all of its majesty, but that didn’t concern the Telgradian one bit. From behind him, the air itself shimmered and instantly tore apart into thirty oval receptacles. As the dark wall of purple and black magic chewed through the surroundings, a spear of dark matter manifested within each magical silo, and hung there ethereally for a moment.

All of them were aimed at Felicity’s location. All of them were designed for no other purpose than to kill.

With a single wave of his hand, all thirty of them burst forth from the portal in a cacophony of electrical hissing, and tore straight towards the hidden Felicity Rhyolite.
    Last edited by Shinsou Vaan Osiris; 03-10-2021 at 07:30 AM.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    From the light of Shinsou’s location, in front of me, the worst happened. I heard a familiar summon, and through the candlelight saw familiar shapes. They had taken me in our first battle.

"Hromagh's ba-"

A summoned my metal bird to my side, dashing towards the table it had floated under. I had no time to sheath my sword. I effortlessly yanked the table up. Candles and statuettes flung in the air as I lifted the table in front of me. It was a makeshift shield. From there, I pushed myself back behind the crevice of a pillar. The spears started flying around me. I heard them shatter into pillars, statues, and walls. I saw them slam into the wall next to me. It was like a brilliant barrage of longbow arrows. I pulled myself deeper between my pillar and the wall. I was cornered. One of the lances pierced straight through the table. I ducked my head aside, pushing the table to the right, managing to avoid it. It cracked the marble wall I was up against. This was the first time that I truly had seen one of Kurohitsugi's ethereal projectiles up close. Before, they had cut my skin and forced my powers too quickly for me to process. Now, I could see how truly bizarre and marvelous these spears were. Was my old sense of curiosity and wonder returning in this moment?

The onslaught continued. My bird hovered next to me as I spotted another spear rapidly approaching me. Go! I ordered my bird. It flew straight for the spear, veering just to the side and exploding. The spear was redirected.

The light from the explosion illuminated the entire dark hall for just a moment, announcing the end of the onslaught. Had I really survived? I slowly lowered the table, which the spear was still tearing like a pen in paper. I picked up Heart, which I had dropped to better maneuver the table, and stood up. Shinsou’s words had been more punishment than even his Kurohitsugi itself.

"I’m disappointed, Felicity."

"Let me remind you... teacher to student..."

I gritted my teeth.

I placed Heart in its sheath, walking towards the direction of the summon. All around me, a forest of Kurohitsugi's summoned spikes rose from the ruined ground. The once smooth marble floor was decimated. My boots crunched loosened pebbles as I stepped through my bird's explosion radius. Gun powder, dark energy particles, and marble dust swirled like mist. I stepped out of the other side, like a phoenix rising from ashes. It was time. I needed to talk. I entered the light of the dim windows. There stood Shinsou, at the ready with Enpera in hand.

"You told me before that you don't recruit losers to the Brotherhood." I remembered the conversation we had so long ago, when my past had overtaken my senses. Since then, so much had happened. It was about time Shinsou heard about it. "Funny, then what am I doing here?"

There I stood. The fading dust from the explosion fell to the ground like snow. "Did you sense me like I sensed you that morning?"

I reached up to the top buckle of my gambeson. I once again was surrounded with the memories of him. Leoric. I pushed through and continued unbuckling the torn gambeson; revealing the simple white shirt beneath. "I would have jumped. If it hadn't been for you. I would be dead by my own hands right now."

I felt myself smile an ironic smile, filled with regrets. "At least I wouldn't have died a virgin, right? He made sure of that. I'm not a child anymore."

I finished unbuckling the gambeson. It hung on me like a sagging coat. My softer white shirt was easily vulnerable to anything Shinsou threw at me. I knew this. I was ready to bleed. "You don't know the depths I've seen. When I wasn't alone, I was in bad company. But, Shinsou, I was dead set on finding you again. I owe everything to you!"

I never had told Shinsou how I felt about him. Perhaps, it was time. "I was nothing before you found me, floundering. Then you gave me a purpose, gave me a home."

The ruins of Whitevale flashed before my eyes.

"But it's all gone now."

I drew my katana, my black prevalida katana. It reflected the lights of the remaining candles. "I got this sword to mimic you. I wanted to be like you, still do." I raised it high, "I even named it Copycat."

With a simple swing of my arm, I threw it to the ground. "You never taught me how to use it."

Copycat clanged loudly against the floor, and my anger took over. "Everyone I've ever loved has either died or abandoned me! I thought you had too! But you gave me that letter, you asked me back! You have to be different! I can't blame you for taking care of more important matters, how can I? And how can I ask for more than you already have provided? But you haven't taught me anything! And it only hurts because you mean so much to me! You're the only reason I'm alive right now! And I won't be your disappointment anymore!"

I stomped my foot against the marble ground. I could have sworn it vibrated beneath me. Tears flooded my eyes as I remembered the man who taught me in Shinsou’s absence. I had learned more from monsters and traitors than I had learned from Shinsou. Now, I would show him. All the wounds that had wrapped me in a heavy blanket of depression had taken on a new form. Rage. I could see the rivers of blood pouring out from my broken, shattered heart. It called for vengeance. It cried for peace. I felt myself burning with fire for the first time in the longest. I was... alive...

I was alive.

I glared deeply at Osiris, reaching up and unstrapping the arms of my gambeson from the coat. In a simple movement, I pulled them off. I dropped the heavy gambeson arms. As they fell like heavy leaves to the ground, I entered an unarmed fighting stance Shinsou had never seen before. This fighting style was unique to Leoric Blackwell. I was closing the distance. This was like my travels through Salvar and Corone. No matter what it took, I would reach my teacher again.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-13-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Felicity Playlist.