Race
    Human

View Profile

Fae Ellanor Valeaux

Fae Ellanor Valeaux

Race: Human Build: Slight
    Height: 5'6" Weight: 120lbs

A P P E A R A N C E

Fae does not look like she could survive the harsh, unforgiving land of Salvar. Although tall, the girl has a slender build, with skin as pale as the snow. With long dark hair and large, brown eyes, she’s more akin to a gentle forest doe than a hardened northerner

P E R S O N A L I T Y

Growing up in Salvar as a witch, Fae learned quickly that fading into the background was the best way to stay alive. Quiet, observant, and analytical, she’s quite often written off as no one of consequence.

Beneath the surface, however, lies a more dangerous side. Years of anticipating being discovered and executed by the church has left its mark on her psyche. There’s a part of the young woman that almost yearns for the suspense to finally be over, to give into her fear and surrender to the chaos.

E Q U I P M E N T

Tough Canvas bag Wool cloak Hunting knife
    Needles and thread Waterskin Tinder pouch
    Leather lean-to A few days rations

S K I L L S

• Seamstress: Although most women know the basics of cooking, cleaning, and stitching, Fae was a natural at the latter, quickly learning to master the needle and thread
    • Observant: Borne of her constant vigilance to escape the church, Fae grew up constantly studying body language, behaviour, even subtle changes in tone, seeking any signs of deception or betrayal

A B I L I T I E S

• Telekinesis: Perhaps a staple of most mages, Fae has learned to move small objects without touching them; anything up to 10lbs, within a 30ft radius. Like with her hands, however, she can only move up to two items at once, and only for around three minutes at a time before requiring a minute to relax her mind
    • Shapeshifting: The most difficult to master, Fae has learned the basics of shapeshifting. Currently, she can spend a full minute to shift into one of two forms; that of a raven and of a wolf, although given her naturally slender frame, even her wolf is smaller and leaner than its natural counterparts. The shift is painful, and requires significant concentration to undertake, lest she risk literally breaking her own bones. While her magic allows her to hold these shapes for up to two hours at a time, beyond that, or if she falls unconscious, she falls back to her human form, and must rest for however long she was shifted before attempting it again
    • Empathy: Less a learned trait and more an innate ability, the young witch discovered that she is capable of picking up natively on the emotions of those around her. Currently, she has little control over this trait, and is just as much hindered as helped by it; unable to tell the origin of the feelings that might bombard her once or twice per day

H I S T O R Y

There wasn’t much worth noting about the birth of Fae Ellanor Valeaux. She was, however, an unfortunate way for her mother to find out that her father had been hiding his own magic affinity from her.

The girl grew up quickly, learning to survive Salvar’s harsh climate and control her magic. Eventually, one day, her parents didn’t come home. She never found out exactly what happened, but given her father’s secret, and her parent’s fierce protectiveness of her, it wasn’t too difficult to imagine.

Now, she remains in Salvar, living in the shadow of the church, waiting for her chance to break free.

Last edited by Fae; 03-07-2021 at 04:56 AM.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    Hey Fae, welcome to the site!

Firstly, I love your profile! It's great to look at.

We're pretty much good to go, but I just need you to do a tiny thing. Each ability really should have some sort of cooldown or usage limit. Other than that we tend not to pry too much!

Please can you let me know on your three abilties and then we can get you approved

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Hello Fae, and welcome to Althanas!

I love the look of your character! Salvar is such an interesting setting to start out in so that's going to shape the start of your adventures here well.

EDIT:

Looks like more than one moderator is excited by your character! Shinsou is going to handle this one.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Viator Mundi

EXP: 155,108, Level: 17
    Level completed: 18%, EXP required for next Level: 14,892
    Level completed: 18%,
    EXP required for next Level: 14,892

GP

Name
    Shinsou Vaan Osiris
    Race
    Telgradian

View Profile
    I see you've done your edits Fae. Welcome, and you are approved!

I've added 400 GP as your starting bonus!