Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile

Hero

Hero.

[Closed to Lye.]
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    His life was a mitch match of failed expiraments.

Daisuke Toivonen worked diligently on the liquid, mixing with the upmost delicacy. This was his greatest invention, yet he kept losing his test subjects. He needed another child, and one who would not run away. He grimaced, his glasses reflecting the light of the dim windows. The dark workshop was lit by dim sunlight and gentle candles. Dust floated in the room. There were no sounds but the sound of him wordlessly working on his potion.

Radialemite. My perfection. I will sell doses in the black market yet, but I'm still in the test stages.

He still had hoped to inject his previous patient with a second serum. She had left him before he could even suggest it. After teaching her all she knew about alchemy and botany, she left. Daisuke shook his head, he had a far more blind host in mind now.

He took the cold liquid and started slipping it into a tube. The dim candles wafted as he closed the tube and added the injection needle. It had taken ages to find everything he needed to finish this dose. He looked towards the strap in table in the center of the room. There was no room for failure this time. He was going into his seventies, his life was drawing short.

He placed the serum down. Within the bottle, the red liquid swirled and bubbled. He had been working on this project since his early twenties. After decades of patience, he would finally see this through.

He would finally beat the challenge of perfecting his Radialemite.

After all the lies and secrets, his goal was in hand.

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    It had been a long time since Felicity had been in Scara Brae. An entire year was it? Let alone, it had been ages since Felicity had been in this town. Oakwood, close to Brokenthorn Forest. Oakwood was a small lumber town of little interest to most people. There was one small point of interest for Felicity, however. The local alchemist, Daisuke Toivonen.

Felicity had so many questions. He had given her powers five years ago, which were wild and uncontrollable. Even after learning alchemy herself in his shop, Felicity had little to no clue how her own magic worked. After experiencing recent changes in their rules and workings, as if evolving, Felicity desired to learn more about it again. She was positive Daisuke was a liar. She knew he was shady after all, and that was why she had left his apprenticeship.

Felicity walked into the familiar doors to a store she worked three years at. It was the same as how she left it. The blue rug was recently cleaned and the shelves were shiny and clean. Potions, droughts, and salves were lined up in perfect order. The counter was unattended. The door leading to the room to the lab was cracked open, and she heard activity in there. Felicity gulped. She needed answers. After three years of lies, after five years of terror, she needed to get to the bottom of this. She walked up to the counter and rang the bell.

It was time for an unhappy reunion.

Felicity Playlist.

Administrator

EXP: 87,404, Level: 12
    Level completed: 81%, EXP required for next Level: 2,596
    Level completed: 81%,
    EXP required for next Level: 2,596

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human
    The shop's aromas blended into a pungent stench of sweet, foul, floral, and earthy. Dimly lit and well kept, Lye stood among its wares eyeing the various contents, ingredients, and oddities. For a shop tucked away in a trade hub such as Scara Brae, rare finds came to no surprise to the seasoned killer. Some of the upper shelf items piqued his interest. Despite the history with the land of Althanas and its neighboring continents, much remained unseen to his eyes. The unknown ingredients spoke to him and his hobby of alchemy. From healing serums to elixirs of fatality, Lye dabbled in a broad range of alchemical concoctions.

"Might I help you?" Asked a dry, weary voice from behind the counter.

Obscured by the fabric of his hood and further by the limited light of the shop, Lye turned to the source of the voice. An elderly fellow in his twilight years propped his weight upon the worn, wooden surface. The assassin weaved himself carefully between the shelves and displays, careful as to not let the many hilts of his weapons snag some unknown mixture to its untimely demise on the creaky, aged floor. As he approached the owner, one gloved hand and another clad in metal gripped the counter's edge.

"I'm interested in new ingredients," Lye stated vaguely. "Something to prevent invasions of the mind and various elements that lend to numbing agents or coagulants."

His hoarse, dry tone did little to hide the underlying desire for the ingredients. Lye wanted poisons and the means to protect himself from less physical threats. The elder showed neither interest or irritation. More so, Lye felt this man had more pressing matters on his mind. Serving a fledgling alchemist ranked low in his list of priorities. An old, wrinkled finger, calloused and cracked from exposure to chemicals unknown, pointed to the top of a shelf in the corner.

"There." He did not ask questions. "They will not come cheap."

"Money is no issue."

The elder paused and the outstretched hand returned to his chin with a grunt of intrigue.

"Wait here." The old man vanished into the doorway behind him. Sounds of glass clinking and books falling to the floor sounded softly behind solid walls.

Then, a bell rung at the front door. Lye trained his eyes to the source where new light poured into the dark interior. A woman with hair like fire, walked in and stood beside him. Her hand rung a bell atop the counter. Lye remained silent and curious. She seemed young to him and the environment starkly contrasted her youth and vigor.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    The girl stood there, waiting. She paid little notice to the guest next to her as a familiar figure stepped out of the shadows.

"Daisuke." Felicity crossed her muscular arms, trying her best to look and sound assertive. She had very little patience these days.

Daisuke pushed some of his long, grey strands out of his face. "Felicity." The man walked up to the single counter that separated them. "My goodness, you have grown. How old are you now?"

Felicity spoke bitterly, "Nineteen. Now it has been five years since you gave me that injection."

Daisuke's eyes widened, as if he had not anticipated her speaking about this out in the open, while another customer was watching.

"Felicity, my former apprentice," Daisuke narrowed his eyes in warning, "If you are unsatisfied with one of my products, please refer to the complaints bucket on the counter."

Felicity chuckled, this was not going to detour her, "You can't escape my questions this time. I know you lied to me."

Daisuke's eyes darted to the witnessing customer, then back to Felicity. He scowled, "You want to do this right here? Right now?"

Felicity smirked. "Absolutely."

The elderly man blinked, his glasses shaded by the small lights peering through the windows. He turned to the other customer.

"I have a proposition for you, sir. Keep silent on all you hear here today, and I will give you whatever you want, plus the special serum I am working on, for free."

Felicity butted in, "Working on? Like, right now? You mean-"

Daisuke turned to her with a sly grin, "You left, so I needed another test subject. He will be here in an hour for the injection." Daisuke turned to the direction of his lab, "I have made modifications."

Daisuke walked towards the door and swung it open. "Come. Both of you. We have much to discuss with my ungrateful former student."

Felicity scowled, "I have reasons to be ungrateful. And I have reasons I left." She took a step towards the other side of the counter.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-22-2021 at 09:42 PM.

Felicity Playlist.

Administrator

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human
    The transaction between the two grinded to a halt. The old man and fiery redhead started at one another. The old killer struggled with how to feel in light of becoming an afterthought. As they spoke, he gave them a fair birth with a step or two back and folded his arms over his chest. The news of some injection and her age made way to Lye's ears and he took interest with a raised brow.

'Experimented on a minor..?' He thought. 'I wonder what concoctions this old codger has conjured up.'

They continued and the sideways glance from the old alchemist pulled more of Lye's interest. He was up to something. Perhaps he was something of a madman? Memories of Madison dredged up from the back of his mind and a grin formed at the corner of his mouth.

As though provoked, Daisuke turned to him and issued a proposal.

'My silence?' Lye chuckled audibly beneath the hood. 'How quaint.'

"I could care less about what you're doing here or what you've done." The words left his lips emotionless and flat. "But... consider me interested."

Lye turned a glance to the redhead as she showed signs of panic. Mention of other test subjects came to light and the plot thickened. What was about to unfold, Lye wondered. He could taste the tension in the air. Despite this, the redhead heeded the beckons. With nothing better to do, so did the veteran assassin.

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Felicity scowled. Daisuke loved his coin, and he had begged the other customer for silence. Horrifically, the customer agreed. The man's long white hair a lithe figure was right behind Felicity as they all entered the back room. It was as dreary as Felicity remembered it. Multiple potion tables and concoctions flooded the barely lit room. Felicity coughed in the dust accumulation. The only difference here was a large table at the adjacent wall from the entrance. It had bindings on them. Felicity gulped, she knew someone else was going to suffer the same fate as her.

As the door closed behind them, Daisuke turned around and pushed his glasses up. "Recap, Felicity. What do you know?"

Felicity leaned against one of the tables, frowning, "A friend of yours was working on the serum, you were barely involved and knew little about it. You tested it on me to find out what it does. In other words, you were neglectful and reckless with a force you didn't know how to weild."

Daisuke scoffed, "That is what I told you, yes. - Except that last part. Now, the entire time I tutored you, what did we do?"

"We ran tests, took blood samples, researched. We found out it's somewhat similar to nuclear energy mixed with biology, but that was it. Nothing on how to control it, or why I lose control. Or how it keeps evolving in me."

Aa Felicity sat on the table, Daisuke nodded, "We did that, yes. But what if I told you I was a lot more involved than I said? What if I already knew most of what you described, and more?"

Felicity looked up with wide, shocked eyes, "What!"

Daisuke nodded, crossing his arms, "I needed to lie to you to keep you around. If the testing I did need to do were to work, you needed to believe we both knew nothi-"

Felicity's feet slammed into the floor as she jumped down, "All that effort I put in! All the pain! Having to take blood to thinners to reduce the effects of my nuclear energy! All that research, and for something you already knew!"

Daisuke seethed, "You're emotional, Felicity-"

"--Of course I'm bloody emotional! Did you know this power was uncontrollable! Did you know it would be a crutch to me for the rest of my life!"

... "Yes."

Felicity gasped, taking a step forward and raising her fist. "Liar! Traitor! You promised it would be safe!"

Daisuke took a step back. Felicity paused midway towards her target. Her muscular arm shook as a he spoke, "I was positive someone with your fortitude and connection to magic could handle it."

"I was a child!" Felicity threw her arm, "I was only fourteen! And you lied! Said the serum was safe and wouldn't cause harm! You lied through your teeth! My blood became more slush than liquid before I took blood thinners! My powers can't tell the difference between friend and foe and hurt everyone! I'm so flooded with some kind of rage, I have woken up to having killed someone!"

Daisuke blinked, calm. "A lot of these problems could have been fixed if you had stayed. But you didn't like me selling tonics I worked hard on and left."

"You created poisons! You sold death in a bottle! I left because you're an immoral crook!"

Daisuke scoffed, "Your sense of morality holds you back, girl. When will you see-"

-*Ding!*

Another customer. Daisuke stopped and smoothed out his clothes. "I shall return. Don't touch anything, either of you."

Daisuke walked out, leaving his customers alone. As the door closed behind him, Felicity raised her hand and grasped her face.

"Not to tell you what to do or anything," Felicity mumbled to the other guest, "But while his potions are good, he only lives for himself. Be careful buying from this man, sir."

Felicity leaned against another table with a sigh, "You'd think you'd be more straight forward when giving someone a biology and mentality changing serum..."
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-23-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Felicity Playlist.

Administrator

GP

Name
    Lichensith Ulroke
    Race
    Human
    The back room reminded the assassin of the labs Madison Freebird once kept. Madness occurred in this room. It wasn't just the array of tools, vials, notes, and the restraints. It was the smell, somewhere between the air of stagnation and aroma of formaldehyde. Underneath the ambience were hints of smoke, char, and the copper tinge of blood. Were these scents not familiar to the killer already, the room's aura alone proved unsettling.

He found a desk with notes scattered about and briefly perused the exposed contents. Much like Madison, the handwriting existed in a delicate balance between legible and incomprehensible shorthand. The cabinets above contained a multitude of equipment, but his eye drifted to the carefully encased vials and potions. Fruits of labor, Lye recognized. These were culminations of years of experimentation and failure. How many of these could kill, Lye wondered?

As he took in the surroundings of Daisuke's study, the two of them seemed to rehash their past. She repeated what she knew. He eluded to something more. Lye smiled from amusement.

A rattle of the entrance bell called away the old alchemist and left the killer alone with the poor, poor child.

She spoke a word of caution to him, but Lye kept his attentions on the open book that was Daisuke's life around them.

"I wouldn't worry about me, young miss." Lye coyly returned. "Seems to me you have more here to worry about."

Lye himself straight after reading a passage describing critical organ failure due to isotopic decay in the mitochondria of the host's cells.

"So..." Lye grinned. "A teenager managed to survive this man's experiments and willingly returned..."

He chuckled at the implications the scenario presented.

"What, if anything, would make you want to return to your captor? If you ask me, you're more mad than he is."

Nuclear Rage

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race

View Profile
    Felicity scoffed, this guy had no clue. Still, the question had a point to it. Was Felicity mad? These days, she certainly felt like it.

She let out a small, ironic laugh. The cloaked figure seemed to be the observant type, and he gave off this air of danger. Felicity sat on a table again, causing the glass jars to shake from her weight. Her weapons swung and her equipment rattled. Felicity reached and anxiously started rubbing her arming sword's pommel.

"I really don't have a choice. Daisuke is the only person I know who understands my powers. He created them, after all, apparently. These powers are uncontrollable and unstable, and they've been evolving. If I'm going to learn control, I need to go to the man who injected this dumb serum in me in the first place. Regardless of how much I don't want to."

Felicity shuddered, looking back at memories she had not realized were shady until years after the incident. "And I really don't want to..."

She squeezed the sword hilt, "I'd been his apprentice for four years. I'm an adequate alchemist, at least I hope. He taught me everything I know. But... I've always hated his business practices."

She let go of the crossguard, hand sweaty and wet. "I respected him, once. Until I steadily realized how awful he really is. I don't know why I don't completely hate him."

Felicity looked towards the testing table, the shackles ready to hold the next victim down. "I can't believe another kid is walking into the same disaster I did... Whoever he is, he doesn't want this."

Her green eyes darted back at the hooded and cloaked man. "I had no idea what I was getting into. To this day I'm screwed over by this power. Obviously." Felicity raised her muscular, scarred arms and gestured to the lab they were in, "That's why I'm here again."

Felicity then lowered her arms, head tilting, "You need me to explain what they do before Daisuke walks back in with more fables and half truths?"
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-24-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Felicity Playlist.