Level completed: 88%, EXP required for next Level: 364
    Level completed: 88%,
    EXP required for next Level: 364

GP

Name
    Evian
    Race
    Human
    Evian waved one hand, as if brushing aside the offer. "I wanted to help someone in need, snowflake, that's all. I won't be so crazy as to say everyone else in my position would have done the same -" a grizzled, clouded eye flashed through the dark haired man's mind, "- but not everyone is solely out for themselves." It wasn't much, he knew. Just words, even if the redhead felt them resonate with her, in the end they were just words. He couldn't hold her hand as she sought out her closure, it was something that she would have to do herself.

He pushed himself away from the table the two were sitting at and stood up, slowly stretching out his stiff, locked up muscles. Bending over, he reached down and picked up his gear, slinging the bow and its quiver over his shoulder before hoisting up the sheathed spear. "Keep looking forward, Snowflake. Don't let the past lock you down. All that leads to is more fear and suffering. You can't change what has already happened, all you can control is what you do next." He gave her a full smile.

"Maybe next time we meet, you'll be able to greet me with a smile on your face instead of tears and anger in your heart. Chin up, and keep on." With a slight incline of his head to her, Evian headed over to the bar and paid both their tabs. Covering the amount of sweets the girl had inhaled and, eventually, regurgitated was the last kindness he could do for her this evening. That done, he headed out onto the streets, where, after a brief glance upwards to check the stars and moon, he set off, long legs eating up the ground as he made his way back to his camp.

Nuclear Rage

EXP: 64,948, Level: 10
    Level completed: 99%, EXP required for next Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Felicity sat at the table for a while, watching her lonely piece of bread as Evian's words continued to speak to her, long after he was gone.

Eventually, Felicity got up. Leaving her bread, she walked over to the counter to pay for the ridiculous amount of sweets she had consumed.

"The hunter already paid your tab, lass."

Felicity smiled. "Of course he did, didn't he?"

Felicity walked up the stairs, towards her room. Inside, all her bags and equipment were carelessly, apathetically, thrown on any surfaces they landed on. Felicity closed the door and walked over to her large travel bag. She reached inside and felt around. Her ice mirror, late cousin's talisman of Trisgan, and alchemy books all were shuffled around until Felicity finally rested her hand on a wrapped present.

Felicity pulled the item out. It was a small wooden box, which fit neatly in her hand. The box was tried with white ribbon and clothed with green wrapping paper. Had Leoric gone for green on purpose, knowing it was her favorite color? Felicity gazed upon the present in her hand, remembering Leoric's final words to her, after the mess of the bedroom, tears, and blood they endured.

"It will all make sense someday."

Felicity started to cry again. Leoric had gotten her this present, one of the many acts of kindness he had shown her. Was it more than just kindness? Was there love? Before moving on, she needed closure. Evian was right. She could not face the Toivonions yet, but she could find the victim's family. And, of course, she needed to take care of this.

Felicity pulled the strings off, letting them fall to the floor. With a shaky finger, she tugged at a loose bit of wrapping paper. Then, she tore it off, leaving nothing but the closed, smooth box. Felicity carefully unclipped the latches, then, after long last, opened the box.

When she saw what was inside, she started bawling.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 03-26-2021 at 09:46 AM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    Name of thread: Freak Experimentals
    Participants: Flamebird and Reytac

Rewards:

Flamebird receives:
    1680 experience
    140 gold

Reytac recieves:
    1320 experience
    180 gold

Inclusive of Stonevale Bonus.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.

Legend

EXP: 127,650, Level: 15
    Level completed: 55%, EXP required for next Level: 7,350
    Level completed: 55%,
    EXP required for next Level: 7,350

GP

Name
    Philomel van der Aart (+ Veridian)
    Race
    Faun (+ Fox/Earth Spirit)

View Profile
    All rewards have been added.
    *admin at your service*

Matriarch of the Gilded Lily and of its brothels, associated establishments and the army.

Characters:
    The family triplet: Philomel, Vaeron and Celandine.
    The god and kenku triplet: Stare, Avin and Vixen.
    The Primordials: Professor Charles and Moros.